Cruijf
farfan
Casciavit
Harmonica
BarrileteCosmico
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Finalissima | Italy - Argentina | Totally not the confederations cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Finalissima | Italy - Argentina | Totally not the confederations cup

Post by rincon Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:44 pm

El Gunner wrote:
rincon wrote:Argentina look ready to go for the WC, I guess they'll be favorites.
uhm.... France exists?

France existed last year too and they lost to Switzerland. Argentina are in much more impressive form. They can win it, as can France.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Finalissima | Italy - Argentina | Totally not the confederations cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Finalissima | Italy - Argentina | Totally not the confederations cup

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:15 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:@farfan let's not get crazy, he was still refusing to press when the ball was 5 meters in front of him Laughing

But just to set the record straight, he had long covid and couldn't run even for 1.5 months after recovering

Messi wrote:The truth is that he hit me very hard. Symptoms very similar to those of the majority of people I suppose. A lot of cough, sore throat, fever. It left me with many sequelae in the lungs. I couldn’t train. I came back and I was like a month and a half without being able to even run because it had affected my lungs.

https://www.barcablaugranes.com/2022/5/30/23147668/messi-talks-leaving-barcelona-real-madrid-sergio-aguero-and-psg

Anyone know when he got covid? Cant remember, n there dont seem to be much discussions about this? There should be. Ppl were saying he lost it n was lazy once joining PSG obviously...I wonder if it was down to this...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:18 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Good match. Great to build confidence. Shame this is not the confed cup and is somehow even more of a mickey mouse cup, but I'll take any silverware at this point.

Hope italy have a generational change and come back to their best.

"silverware"? Laughing

What is this game and since when does it exist
There was a trophy and everything. It may be cheaper than a carabao cup but I don't mind tbh

In terms of "what is this game?", FIFA scrapped the Confed Cup (I can't remember why, probably covid), then realized they could still make money off the Euro champions vs CA champions game, and here we are.

Also, indisputable favorites for the WC are Brazil and France. Any team relying on decrepit Messi and Di Maria is destined to fail when the going gets tough.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:37 am

Also wtf is this comp, didnt know it exists, havent even watched the highlights or the result... good to know Messi n Argentina might have another final chance at a WC win this yr... too many disappointments for too long, perhaps one last lucky try.

As for Italy ppl were saying what a team what a job done by Mancini... what happened to them since?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:36 am

This Argentina is far better than the 2014 team.
The 2014 team was just defensive and kinda dull most of the time.

This team have an insane work rate, especially the midfield press and are more scrappy.

And somehow they have a knack for getting early goals and managing the game afterward. At least that's how they won Copa America.
And saving Di Maria for the final was a stroke of genius. He's the X-factor.

Scaloni has really done wonders considering where the team was when he inherited them.

Most importantly, the pressure of not having won a major trophy has been lifted.
You could really see in those 3 finals how it affected the players mentally when the going got tough.
The weight of that jersey was a real thing. Now it's gone.

I am surprised the bookies have Spain and Brazil ahead of them in the WC odds.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:10 pm

I think Argentina should be considered top favourites to win it. Don't know why, but they've got a vibe about them. Manager seems to be fantastic, too.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:19 pm

I can understand Spain hype, but Brazil??? Laughing they never learn do they
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:42 am

_LMG_10_ wrote:This Argentina is far better than the 2014 team.
The 2014 team was just defensive and kinda dull most of the time.

This team have an insane work rate, especially the midfield press and are more scrappy.

And somehow they have a knack for getting early goals and managing the game afterward. At least that's how they won Copa America.
And saving Di Maria for the final was a stroke of genius. He's the X-factor.

Scaloni has really done wonders considering where the team was when he inherited them.

Most importantly, the pressure of not having won a major trophy has been lifted.
You could really see in those 3 finals how it affected the players mentally when the going got tough.
The weight of that jersey was a real thing. Now it's gone.

I am surprised the bookies have Spain and Brazil ahead of them in the WC odds.

Which 3 finals did u mean? This one, the Copa, n WC2014? Didnt know they saved Di Maria for the Copa final, only remember he missed that vital final in WC2014... meant Messi had no one to play with n Germany could just crowd him out with all their attention...

This time round also will be Lautaro instead of Higuain. The midfield looks better although not sure about the defense... old Otamendi still the leader lol...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:46 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:

Which 3 finals did u mean? This one, the Copa, n WC2014? Didnt know they saved Di Maria for the Copa final, only remember he missed that vital final in WC2014... meant Messi had no one to play with n Germany could just crowd him out with all their attention...

This time round also will be Lautaro instead of Higuain. The midfield looks better although not sure about the defense... old Otamendi still the leader lol...

World cup 2014 followed by Copa America 2015 and Copa America 2016. The 2016 version was a 100 year anniversary of the competition hence why the tournament took place twice in consecutive years. Losing 3 finals in 3 consecutive years. Brutal.

Regarding the defense, yes Otamendi is old and suspect and prone to getting a red card in an important match, but right now they are playing well as a unit.

Most importantly, the keeper is amazing. He gives everyone confidence and is super imposing, especially in penalty shootouts.
I'd argue he was the reason they got over the "hump" and finally won the Copa, especially with Messi playing injured in the semis and final.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2