Hapless_Hans
Kaladin
M99
RealGunner
Casciavit
28 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by El Gunner Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:41 pm

didn't China solve their covid cases quickest first? has there been a surge again lately?

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:07 am

Zero covid policy has been on all along, but Omicron is finally breaking through now, basically nothing stops it. But the policies are still so outdated n wont change, hence HK, n now mainland China as well spreading... despite so long and still ppl living in fear n much reduced businesses n freedoms, etc...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:02 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:51 pm

Scary stuff.

I've been in Argentina this past week and it's like covid doesn't exist here. No social distancing at all. Went to a wedding and people still greet each other by a kiss on the cheek. Must have greeted 50 people this way. If i didn't get it then it's truly over.

People still wear masks indoors surprisingly.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:55 pm

Well, it's not over for the unvaccinated (foolish people). A business partner of mine until 2010... just passed earlier this month of Covid-19. He caught it and died 2 1/2 weeks later. Very fast. No underlying conditions either. Just wouldn't vaccinate because he "didn't believe in it".
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:48 am

Well the key here is inflammation. Again, functional medicine to stop inflammation and immune system dysfunction is key here. It’s the same story with the Spanish flu.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:30 am

RealGunner wrote:

well the world has gone a bit mad in general since Covid, and i do feel about way older than i did before
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:06 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Scary stuff.

I've been in Argentina this past week and it's like covid doesn't exist here. No social distancing at all. Went to a wedding and people still greet each other by a kiss on the cheek. Must have greeted 50 people this way. If i didn't get it then it's truly over.

BC Did u have to quarantine upon arrival? whats the rules there n has most ppl been infected or vaxed?

sportsczy wrote:Well, it's not over for the unvaccinated (foolish people).  A business partner of mine until 2010...  just passed earlier this month of Covid-19.  He caught it and died 2 1/2 weeks later.  Very fast.  No underlying conditions either.  Just wouldn't vaccinate because he "didn't believe in it".

Sport what do u think about the vax side effects though?

Sorry for the questions again, I know most of the world has been through covid already but we still havent here, but just a matter of time, so still lots to learn to prepare I guess....

Also just for anyone interest, the HK policies has been bit crazy n I guess only natural (cos its stuck in between the zero policy ordered from up top but also having to balance that with the traditionally more western n consideration for ppl's freedom in a big international city), where now like half the pop. has been infected or are getting infected, but still the gov are mandating the vax even more strictly with vax passport requirements n reducing the time in between the shots in order to force ppl to take it up... which I dont think makes sense? Any other countries have this policy? Or just what do u guys think?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:54 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Seems like the world is over Covid pretty much so no one posting here anymore? Razz

Anyway just throw out there anyway, the policies here are actually getting even more crazy, they gonna shut down public transport now, lockdowns everywhere... has anyone experienced or know of places where even public transport are shut? Im not understanding how we supposed to live anymore day to day. Those of us lucky enough to be able to work at home are ok I guess, but most ppl cant n the gov never compensates.. lol...
The world is busy with the Ukraine war. Covid doesn’t exist atm.

It’ll be right back as the main event when the conflict dials down.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:58 pm

LeVersacci wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:Seems like the world is over Covid pretty much so no one posting here anymore? Razz

Anyway just throw out there anyway, the policies here are actually getting even more crazy, they gonna shut down public transport now, lockdowns everywhere... has anyone experienced or know of places where even public transport are shut? Im not understanding how we supposed to live anymore day to day. Those of us lucky enough to be able to work at home are ok I guess, but most ppl cant n the gov never compensates.. lol...
The world is busy with the Ukraine war. Covid doesn’t exist atm.

It’ll be right back as the main event when the conflict dials down.

Yeah a bit funny, we've just had another notice in our shared Wojo workplace how France stopped masks indoors but people have had their 2nd or 3rd bout of Covid in recent times and they are right now hospitalized since it was more than a flu.

Not really sure who or which country BCL was talking about when shutting public transport, it's all clean in France and considering the people I know getting covid for the first time or multiple, the cases will only increase again as there is always a delay between people you know closely getting covid and then being a spike.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:23 am

There seems to be danger of mass starvation in Shanghai as China still pursues the Zero Covid strategy.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:41 am

nothing feels real anymore... everything these days like a scene out of a movie

@BarcaLearning, can you confirm this is happening in Shanghai?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:44 am

My batshit crazy conspiracy theory:

Covid is a manufactured bio-weapon by China and it accidentally(?) escaped from a lab. The reason why the Chinese leadership pursues this Zero Covid strategy so aggressively - even risking starvation and riots and even after the virus has mutated to a milder one and vaccines are available - is that they know that either a) the virus will re-activate in x years' time in people who have had Covid, but that time it will be much more fatal, or b) an also manufactured, follow-up virus will kill a high percentage of people who have first had the Covid virus.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:47 pm

Interesting theory but I think its not in China's benefit to kill masses of random people who buy their shit fake products that they ship to these markets. Besides this way they would also kill a large chunk of their population no? I assume that despite the hard lockdowns most chinese people get infected anyway and their vaccines arent as effective as Western vaccines which they dont use out of pride,?

Its probably more about control and testing people's limits. They want total control over the individual
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:36 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Scary stuff.

BC Did u have to quarantine upon arrival? whats the rules there n has most ppl been infected or vaxed?

No quarantine unless you are unvaxxed
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:45 pm

Many places in China are taking turns being locked down, SH is the biggest n most open one with many foreigners n also educated rich ppl so stuff like Art posted above were always gonna leak out Razz

I only get to see similar stuff on social media n talking with ppl I know n the like. From what I gathered these videos u see are often the incidents that are still not
too wide spread, as most ppl are so obedient here, but for sure being locked down so long periods n under such strict rules for so long, many ppl are gonna crack sooner or later. The poor suffer the most as always, the more wealthy n rich are able to at least cope without the financial effect this has on them. Just a few days ago someone jumped to their death in a local building I heard neighbors talking about it, dunno the reason but I guess one can guess? Its clear the gov cares little if any the livelihoods of everyday ppl. I guess it is similar to Russia unfortunately... the problem is everything depends on the orders from the top, n everybody else has to follow no matter what, those in between fear of being blamed n fired if things go wrong in their respective area of command, so they enforce things without thinking too much about the details below, n in such a big scale with so many areas in various different places, its difficult to ensure everyone is taken care of? There has been cases of those health/pandemic workers fainting n even dying due to fatigue trying to implement the orders, etc... nobody can do anything about all these shit though, its such a fked up system, ppl just to accept it as it is lol...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:52 pm

Btw, whats everyone take on the so called Long Covid effects? Are they common n serious? It seems now many countries ppl are still experiencing many cases n reinfections? Although mostly mild? Very confusing since if its 99% mild for a few days but then reports saying serious long term effects in some cases...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:27 pm

They are common and serious, yeah, don't get it, man.
It can suck.
They now say like 10% of moderate to severe cases result in long term effects, which is scary.

On the other hand, statistically speaking, you'll still probably be fine if you get it. I just don't wanna roll those dice.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:44 pm

Im not sure but like over 90% of cases are mild though right? Post Omicron age anyway. So would it be reasonable so take it as 10% of 10%, so max. 1% of cases from Omicron which is pretty much all of the cases today would have Long Covid effects? Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 02, 2022 2:25 pm

Here comes the next wave?

SA again. 36% vaccination. Maybe instead of declaring pandemic over we could actually try to vaccinate the entire world?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon May 02, 2022 4:45 pm

But if the vax effect wanes in like 3-6 months from what I heard then whats the point? Its not even very effective vs the new variant n spread right? SA I thought would have more natural immunity which is supposed to be better but seems still wanes pretty fast?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon May 02, 2022 4:56 pm

ahh so now the new narrative is gunna be that SA is the scapegoat for people dying across the world because of health problems... because you know, it's not like people never died because of health problems before
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 02, 2022 5:29 pm

It's not a scapegoat, nor their fault. But it's clearly that as long as highly unvaccinated clusters exist there will always be the heightened risk of new strains so everyone should pull together to try to address that.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon May 02, 2022 6:33 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:SA again. 36% vaccination. Maybe instead of declaring pandemic over we could actually try to vaccinate the entire world?
What would vaccinating the entire world accomplish? Does it stop contracting the virus or transmitting it? No.

Also you do realise animals share pathogens with humans with regards to coronaviruses? Good luck with that.

"Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and people.  Detailed investigations found that SARS-CoV was transmitted from civet cats to humans and MERS-CoV from dromedary camels to humans. Several known coronaviruses are circulating in animals that have not yet infected humans. "
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 02, 2022 7:32 pm

It has ample benefits even if people still get infected. It decreases the time spent sick, decreasing the window during which the virus could mutate into a new strain. It decreases hospitalizations & deaths. Making sure much of the world is vaccinated and that most of the world has access to the best vaccines is paramount to ever fight this.

Unfortunately 'the west' doesn't care, the Pfizer CEO was bragging on an analyst call that developing countries will always produce new strains, lining his pockets.

Ultimately the answer is still the pan-sarbecovirus vaccine, and whenever this rolls around the entire world should get it too.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon May 02, 2022 7:53 pm

The entire world will never get the Covid vaccine. Not now not ever. Best put these foolish ambitions to rest and look for a realistic goal.

You're also ignoring animals sharing pathogens with humans unless you plan to vaccinate them all aswell?

Prehaps treat covid with how we treat the flu with yearly vaccinaction.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next