Hapless_Hans
Kaladin
M99
RealGunner
Casciavit
28 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Arquitecto Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:44 pm

Anecdotally speaking and not even kidding as the ones who live in fear of the virus or more so swear by the mandates, the rather paltry vaccine and the works will rage at you if you criticise them and I have come to the lazy conclusion they unironically want this to go on.

The vaccine is effective only in improving your immune response to it and the science is interesting but its nowhere near one to prevent the cough.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Arquitecto Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:44 pm

Pedram wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:The news is just as prevalent as ever.

Its just fatigue of a disease that isnt anywhere near as dangerous as we were lied to believe.

One's life cannot stop due to Covid that is just absurd hence why these mandates are a total joke and people have moved on.

Personally couldnt care less if cases are rising or not.

It needs to be treated as an endemic sooner than later.

Tbh i'm beginning to understand why some people are starting to get bored, I just got cancelled out in my workplace for objecting to getting the third dose. like i'm not even slightly anti-vax, i got the second dose and i'm fully immunized but now my coworkers think i'm a threat to them for refusing to take the third dose.  Laughing

People are truly going insane over this thing

Quite sad. Losers honestly.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:08 pm

don't wanna be that C*NT that said i told you so, but i find it so satisfyingly funny how everyone here on this forum who attacked me and shamed me for my views on this issue from the very start has come around and now see the science and the situation for what it is Laughing Thumbs up
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:37 pm

@el G, you put it beautifully. And most of them are nowhere to be found after being realized they were manipulated for years
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:17 pm

That’s what happens when you follow blindly instead of critical thinking.

The mandate is a great example. 100% vaccine won’t get rid of the virus. Even if it could, you would also need to vaccinate animals since animals shares pathogen with humans when it comes to coronaviruses. Not possible.

Polio don’t share pathogen with humans and was therefore able to be eradicated thanks to the vaccine.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:20 am

But why still so many countries still forcing ppl to vax? What do the gov want apart from their populations info or what? Worst are these passports to even get into just public transport n supermarkets, etc. Gov really dont care about everyday citizens, and Im talking about the ordinary, not the rich with cars n can afford deliveries, etc Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:42 am

The tide is shifting regarding the mandates. More and more countries are removing restrictions and mandates. Even fascist countries like Canada, Austria & Australia is slowly removing them. Let's see if it holds this time or if it gets re-introduced next winter.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:22 am

El Gunner wrote:don't wanna be that C*NT that said i told you so, but i find it so satisfyingly funny how everyone here on this forum who attacked me and shamed me for my views on this issue from the very start has come around and now see the science and the situation for what it is Laughing Thumbs up

EG calma.

Several here were skeptics and heavy ones that included Dom (Black sheep).

Point is Im aware people feel the government or Prime Minister/President should be their umbrella of safety, provision and way of living and this all began when the rivalry of state v family began but its a meagre way of living hence why people will pander on their right for free education, health care to free fucking food stamps. Such a mindset is included in listening to anything Daddy Government says and abiding by that curtain.

There is no grand conspiracy but a political cobble pot is too deep to provide what they are supposed to without their own agendas.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:48 am

I don't wanna disturb the echo chamber you guys built here, but just mentioning that covid got to be "boring" in the Western world because most people are vaxxed.

As to Arq, it's not like you don't have a point, but to be fair: making the disease less severe is a very good attribute of the vaccine.

People like EG, I think, are just victims of the prevention paradox. We vaxxed like 70 to 80% of people, so 'only' hundreds of thousands died, not tens of millions, and now you say it wasn't that serious. Meh.

Still recommend the vaccination as it comes highly recommended by pillars of the scientific community.
That does not mean you should trust your (or any) government. And the pharma industry being a bunch of greedy cunts doesn't mean their products don't work, it just means they're overpriced.

In summary: you guys should slow it down a bit. You occasionally make good points, but when you do, that doesn't mean all your conclusions are right, or proven.
That being said, if you don't wanna get vaxxed, just don't. I personally would, but I'm not your dad.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:10 am

Viva wrote:People like EG, I think, are just victims of the prevention paradox.
i'm unfamiliar with this term, but just reading it up now... it seems to me to be only a theory, so while you're free to analyse my stance/behaviour on the situation however you want, i wouldn't bet that that's the case for me, or "people like me"

Viva wrote:We vaxxed like 70 to 80% of people, so 'only' hundreds of thousands died, not tens of millions
you simply cannot make that correlation because it's a drastic assumption... you and no one else for that matter know if that was going to be the case

----
Also just to further clarify myself, i don't even slightly believe i am a know-it-all. But i trust my instincts and intuition, that's what i always go on in life, and sure it has led me astray a few times, but i always knew/felt something was very off and cynical about this entire pandemic circus from the very start. And what i got for saying that on this forum was being called crazy or a Kanye/Kyrie Irving-type, and not these "well-reasoned thoughts" that you and Arq are trying to come out with now. So yea, miss me with that Thumbs up
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:18 am

VivaStPauli wrote:I don't wanna disturb the echo chamber you guys built here, but just mentioning that covid got to be "boring" in the Western world because most people are vaxxed.

As to Arq, it's not like you don't have a point, but to be fair: making the disease less severe is a very good attribute of the vaccine.

People like EG, I think, are just victims of the prevention paradox. We vaxxed like 70 to 80% of people, so 'only' hundreds of thousands died, not tens of millions, and now you say it wasn't that serious. Meh.

Still recommend the vaccination as it comes highly recommended by pillars of the scientific community.
That does not mean you should trust your (or any) government. And the pharma industry being a bunch of greedy cunts doesn't mean their products don't work, it just means they're overpriced.

In summary: you guys should slow it down a bit. You occasionally make good points, but when you do, that doesn't mean all your conclusions are right, or proven.
That being said, if you don't wanna get vaxxed, just don't. I personally would, but I'm not your dad.

The vaxx does do exactly that to which anti-vaxxers need to get over. Yes it was promised to take it away but an injection of a rather saline compound will not subsist in your body for 20 years and slowly turn you into a lizard person.

What I dont like is how not taking a vaxx is almost some pseudo-form of rebellion, almost as annoying as the ones shouting at you to take it.

I've taken two shots already in Moderna just not bothered to get more.

As for you not being our dad. Okay, fine. Noted. Alright. I guess.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:44 am

Vaccines are working, not to the degree we'd like but most people make it througj Wuhan virus without complications.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:20 pm

I'm not sure what claims are now proved "right" exactly, only vague references. Vaccines significantly helped stop infections, hospitalizations and deaths before Delta. After Delta that infections were no longer adequately prevented but hospitalizations and deaths were. So what exactly is now considered wrong or that people have woken up to?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:42 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I'm not sure what claims are now proved "right" exactly, only vague references. Vaccines significantly helped stop infections, hospitalizations and deaths before Delta. After Delta that infections were no longer adequately prevented but hospitalizations and deaths were. So what exactly is now considered wrong or that people have woken up to?

Nothing. Its still the same nonsense.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:18 pm

Expecting too much from a bunch who have Joe Rogan and Ben Shapiro as their trusted sources.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:24 pm

El Gunner wrote:don't wanna be that C*NT that said i told you so, but i find it so satisfyingly funny how everyone here on this forum who attacked me and shamed me for my views on this issue from the very start has come around and now see the science and the situation for what it is Laughing Thumbs up

Science changes constantly as we discover, observe and learn new information. Either way I don't see how it's a "I told you so" moment as far as you are concerned Very Happy
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:37 pm

Saying the Vx works depends on how you state it. Does it prevent Covid? No. But does it reduce severity of infection? Yes. If someone will present someone anecdotal evidence or source of how x got autism as a result of it well we need to look at sample sizes to which are mostly closely to impossible.

Criticising "science" is frivolous as science is objective and should be referred to the authorities who state something, be it paid, with an agenda or something along those lines.

It isnt a great vx lets get that out of the way but the actual science behind it is, no doubt stellar.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:25 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f69/18/75/76/10/facto12.jpg
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:45 pm

Arquitecto wrote:It isnt a great vx lets get that out of the way but the actual science behind it is, no doubt stellar.

Was anyone expecting more from vaccines that was developed in less than a year though? I think we are lucky this virus wasn't a completely new virus, as viruses in the same species were discovered as early as the 1930s.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:52 pm

Sorry for the constants questions but since Im living in a world very different to the western world lol... China says over 90% got vaxed but the measures are still the same lol, its so funny the gov brags everyday on how many doses of vax were given, but im like so wtf for? Its useless if nothings gonna change even after u fking force ppl to get it?

I understand its different for the rest of the world since they help reduce hospitalisation n severity, but Im kind of struggling in the middle as to what to think? In addition, earlier on I was thinking if I were forced eventually to get vaxed due to those vax passports, I would want mRNA ones (which arent even available here though lol) but more recently numerous sources saying quite many cases of severe side effects from them like male getting heart inflammation, more ppl are shifting towards the traditional vax which are less effective but at least having less side effects?

Any thoughts on this?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:00 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Sorry for the constants questions but since Im living in a world very different to the western world lol... China says over 90% got vaxed but the measures are still the same lol, its so funny the gov brags everyday on how many doses of vax were given, but im like so wtf for? Its useless if nothings gonna change even after u fking force ppl to get it?
Since your government doesn't let independent organizations double-check those numbers there's not much anyone can tell you, I guess? The numbers might be true, or not?

I understand its different for the rest of the world since they help reduce hospitalisation n severity, but Im kind of struggling in the middle as to what to think? In addition, earlier on I was thinking if I were forced eventually to get vaxed due to those vax passports, I would want mRNA ones (which arent even available here though lol)

Judging by the studies available, the mRNA ones are more effective, but the others are also pretty good, though of the non-mRNA ones, Sputnik and AstraZeneca have tested more favorably than Sinovac.

but more recently numerous sources saying quite many cases of severe side effects from them like male getting heart inflammation, more ppl are shifting towards the traditional vax which are less effective but at least having less side effects?

Any thoughts on this?

From what I've read, the "traditional" vaccinations have just as many, if not more side effects. There is "a lot" of side effects from mRNA vaccines in total numbers because billions of doses are administered, statistically speaking, there is very few side effects (not that this will not mean much if you win the reverse lottery and get one of those very rare side effects).

That being said, the heart inflammation side effect, for example, is better understood now, and it's a lot less common if people rest for 10 to 14 days after the vaccination, and now that people know what to look for, it's a lot less dangerous.

Again, I don't want to downplay this, people do get side effects, and they can be dangerous. But it is very, very rare. In stuff like this that is way too abstract to grasp on an individual level, I try to ignroe my feelings and just go with cold math, which says: just get the vaccine, you'll probably be fine.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:03 am

^^^ or just don't get it and take your very good chances, if you are a healthy individual, of fighting off the virus on your own???
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:04 pm

Thanks Viva for the reply... yea the lottery thing I keep saying to my peers Razz Either way Im not afraid since maths dont lie, n ive never won any major lottery the countless yrs that ive been buying them so lol...

Tbh the way the gov is brainwashing ppl to live in fear bothers me the most. Ironically if they are better at just giving up unbiased info n let ppl choose, personally I might be more happy to take the vax or follow the rules. The way they doing just makes me dont wanna, becos I dont want to become sheeps like the rest of the ppl here... its pretty funny witnessing how they try to do everything still to try maintain zero covid while Omicron is virtually unstoppable. Huge waste of ppls lives n resources n everything.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:08 pm

Just realized im gonna likely be forced to stay at home for fking 2 weeks at least cos they found one case in my area. So finally witnessing first hand similar to what quarantine is like, thats despite staying at home most of the time all along already n not gone anywhere lol. Its happening everywhere, its like ppl dont have lives n are cattle, fk~, wish I wont mentally break down Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:36 pm

Seems like the world is over Covid pretty much so no one posting here anymore? Razz

Anyway just throw out there anyway, the policies here are actually getting even more crazy, they gonna shut down public transport now, lockdowns everywhere... has anyone experienced or know of places where even public transport are shut? Im not understanding how we supposed to live anymore day to day. Those of us lucky enough to be able to work at home are ok I guess, but most ppl cant n the gov never compensates.. lol...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:41 pm

didn't China solve their covid cases quickest first? has there been a surge again lately?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next