Hapless_Hans
Kaladin
M99
RealGunner
Casciavit
28 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by CBarca Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:53 pm

Babun wrote:
CBarca wrote:
El Gunner wrote:pathetic
it's like at this grown age none of you have learned yet that there's more ways than one to skin a cat, and that people's bodies react differently to different medicines.

this entire pandemic has made me lost hope in humanity and human intelligence the more i've realised how some of you reason

Sorry, there is no body that allows for antibiotics to fight viruses. You are mistaken. Please read the CDC link. The only case where you might be given an antibiotic for a viral infection is if a doctor is worried about some sort of followup or concurrent bacterial infection. Or perhaps they secretly believe you have a bacterial infection and haven't said so. But in no universe do antibiotics fight viruses and that is an objective truth

Sometimes, antibiotics are prescribed to prevent complications. For example, Wuhan virus attacks the throat and lungs, pneumococs (bacteria) which reside and are idle in that area might cause a full scale pneumania if the immune system is weakened enough. Antibiotics aiming at them are obviously prescribed and taken.
Of course, antibiotics don't help against viruses themselves at all.

Absolutely, that's what I meant by followup bacterial infection.

@EG please stop. My understanding even at a basic level of science, in this case w.r.t antibiotics, isn't evidence of anything except basic common sense. You're just outing yourself as a fringe conspiracy theorist who is mostly detached from reality and is more likely to believe whatever Kanye West's schizophrenic ass or Nicki Minaj's weird "do your research you'll end up with swollen balls" rant than what is legitimately true.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Babun Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:29 pm

CBarca wrote:
Babun wrote:
CBarca wrote:

Sorry, there is no body that allows for antibiotics to fight viruses. You are mistaken. Please read the CDC link. The only case where you might be given an antibiotic for a viral infection is if a doctor is worried about some sort of followup or concurrent bacterial infection. Or perhaps they secretly believe you have a bacterial infection and haven't said so. But in no universe do antibiotics fight viruses and that is an objective truth

Sometimes, antibiotics are prescribed to prevent complications. For example, Wuhan virus attacks the throat and lungs, pneumococs (bacteria) which reside and are idle in that area might cause a full scale pneumania if the immune system is weakened enough. Antibiotics aiming at them are obviously prescribed and taken.
Of course, antibiotics don't help against viruses themselves at all.

Absolutely, that's what I meant by followup bacterial infection.

Sorry, missed the part.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:25 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqJQvJ7i7Ek
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:51 pm

The theory that covid originated in Wuhan from wild animal meat that was sourced from Hubei, where there are many bat caves, is gaining some traction. China, as per usual, is diverting attention and covering their tracks

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/china-covid-bats-caves-hubei/2021/10/10/082eb8b6-1c32-11ec-bea8-308ea134594f_story.html

Would this be better or worse for china than a lab leak? presumably with the lab leak it at least makes them seem on the cutting edge of technology and they have an easy scapegoat. And if it's from wild animal farming then why can't it happen again?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:19 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The theory that covid originated in Wuhan from wild animal meat that was sourced from Hubei, where there are many bat caves, is gaining some traction. China, as per usual, is diverting attention and covering their tracks

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/china-covid-bats-caves-hubei/2021/10/10/082eb8b6-1c32-11ec-bea8-308ea134594f_story.html

Would this be better or worse for china than a lab leak? presumably with the lab leak it at least makes them seem on the cutting edge of technology and they have an easy scapegoat. And if it's from wild animal farming then why can't it happen again?
https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t42469p750-the-coronavirus-thread-part-3#2059756
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:23 pm

Yeah the theory has been around for some time, although no one knew exactly how. This is the part I found interesting though:

"A clampdown on Enshi's wildlife trade at wet markets began on Dec. 23, 2019, according to state media, eight days before China publicly acknowledged the new virus. The head start in Enshi doesn't mean officials found something amiss: It could have been preventive, as rumors emerged of market vendors falling mysteriously ill in Wuhan. But it means evidence regarding Enshi's wildlife trade was erased before the world was aware of the existence of a novel coronavirus."

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:46 pm

China should compensate us all either way. 10 bitcoins each please

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:39 pm

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2635

Whistleblower has come out and alleges poor practices at Pfizer's phase 3 trial
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:14 pm

How are all the euro posters dealing with the new wave of lockdowns?

The US has lagged a month behind Europe so see you guys in a few weeks. Already got my booster scheduled as I'm being asked to go back to the office once a week.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:29 pm

No restrictions here as of yet because the ruling party is trailing in the polls and afraid of their anti-vax voter base which apparently is quite a bit Laughing

nice The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 1f44c
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:24 pm

Austrians who refuse to get a coronavirus vaccines will face fines of up to 3,600 euros ($4,000) once mandatory inoculations kick in next year.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-22/vaccine-holdouts-face-4-000-fine-in-austria-s-virus-crackdown

hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:29 am

Meanwhile positive people are being deported to camps in Australia.

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 79df2910
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:01 am

australia is a hell hole these days... thought they were pretty much a progressive, smart country too, what's happening... hope @Kick is doing well
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:36 am

LeVersacci wrote:Meanwhile positive people are being deported to camps in Australia.
\

WTF Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:02 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:How are all the euro posters dealing with the new wave of lockdowns?

The US has lagged a month behind Europe so see you guys in a few weeks. Already got my booster scheduled as I'm being asked to go back to the office once a week.

I was going to bump this thread some days ago , then I let it go...

England chose nichilist approach. UK media ignore Covid now,  Mask is not mandatory anymore, you can see ppl without it in metro or grocery...

Austria, Germany, Netherlands are reacting on the contrary.
Lockdown and closures , Bayern - Barca behind closed doors, RB Leipzig - City too... Images that hoped to not seeing again

To be fair just 65% of Germans got vaccinated  ( Italy 80 % for example ) . I didn't expect this percentage.
What do Germans think about it ? Main reasons ?

I feel  gratis tampons were not a good idea . It induces those undecided persons to not get the vaccine.
But swab can't be compared with vaccine.

Unfortunately in Italy it happens ( but at least you have to pay for swab) I mean you can get green pass also just with tampon and I hope it will change .

Italy have an opposed approach towards covid compared with England.
I mean Covid continues to be 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th news every day.
And I don't like particulary the type of communication on medias because we should stop to offer echo chamber to no-vax
/anti-scientists  opiniions. A minortity yes but dangerous that should be isolated.

Anyway In Italy we 've 80% of vaccinated ppl but yet infections are increasing constantly and it provokes me anxiety.

I can't accept the idea to go back towards old restrinctions and it would happen due to due vax ....................

Of course the political positions that embrace the no - vax / no - green pass positions are the alt right positions.
It confirms to be on the correct side of history at least.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:22 am

Australia is weird since they always maintain they are a free country n the impression of one of the freeiest in the world, but Covid has shown they are far from that?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:08 am

LeVersacci wrote:Meanwhile positive people are being deported to camps in Australia.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr" xml:lang="en">NEW - Australian defense force called in to haul positive <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/COVID19?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#COVID19</a> cases and close contacts to quarantine centers.<a href="https://t.co/Bs1SlUBl1u">pic.twitter.com/Bs1SlUBl1u</a></p>— Disclose.tv (@disclosetv) <a href="https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1462767223853010948?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 22, 2021</a></blockquote>

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 79df2910

White Australia are descendants of British convicts/ex-convicts, what did you expect? :coffee:
https://www.migrationmuseum.org/were-your-ancestors-transported-to-australia-as-convicts/
Robespierre wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:How are all the euro posters dealing with the new wave of lockdowns?

I was going to bump this thread some days ago , then I let it go...

England chose nichilist approach. UK media ignore Covid now,  Mask is not mandatory anymore, you can see ppl without it in metro or grocery...

Austria, Germany, Netherlands are reacting on the contrary.
Lockdown and closures , Bayern - Barca behind closed doors, RB Leipzig - City too... Images that hoped to not seeing again

To be fair just 65% of Germans got vaccinated  ( Italy 80 % for example ) . I didn't expect this percentage.
What do Germans think about it ? Main reasons ?

I feel  gratis tampons were not a good idea . It induces those undecided persons to not get the vaccine.
But swab can't be compared with vaccine.

Unfortunately in Italy it happens ( but at least you have to pay for  swab) I mean you can get green pass also just with tampon and I hope it will change .

Italy have an opposed approach towards covid compared with England.
I mean Covid continues to be 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th news every day.
And I don't like particulary the type of communication on medias because we should stop to offer echo chamber to no-vax
/anti-scientists  opiniions. A minortity yes but dangerous that should be isolated.

Anyway In Italy we 've 80% of vaccinated ppl but yet infections are increasing constantly and it provokes me anxiety.

I can't accept the idea to go back towards old restrinctions and it would happen due to due vax ....................

Of course the political positions that embrace the no - vax / no - green pass positions are the alt right positions.
It confirms to be on the correct side of history at least.

Actually, 80% of grown up population is fully vaccinated in Germany. About 10% are healed up patients, it means they had the Wuhan virus and had antibodies afterwards.
Those 10-20% who don't have antibodies through contact or vaccine are 83*0.15 = 12.5 million people, a LOT. In case of Italy, 20% of around 60 million population is 12 million people. Then we have got vaccines which protect up to 93% from an infection and whose protection wears of over time (Johnson & Johnson, Biontech in particular). So as you can guess, not only unvaccinated people land into hospitals but also the ones who didn't respond well to vaccines or with worn off protection.
I can give you an example for Hamburg. 45% of the people admitted to hospitals due to the Wuhan virus are fully vaccinated, the rest is unvaccinated. The percentage of fully vaccinated is really high in Hamburg compared to some AFD cities in the east or religious dumbf**ks in the south. 80% of people in HH are fully vaccinated or with antibodies, 20% unvaxxed, look at the distribution. Unvaxxed are overrepresented. From those in the hospital, the ones going into intensive station and landing in precarious situations up to 90% are unvaccinated..

The vaccines do work, they just don't prevent infections. The incidence has exploded everywhere in Europe after the weather got cold as predicted by everyone here, including me. Vaxxed people are also affected, to a very minor degree but they still are and that's why I think there'll be another lockdown for everyone at the peak. I expect it within 4 weeks.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:20 pm

Babun are children not allowed to be vaccinated in germany yet ? Not sure it continues to make sense of % adults vaccinated when children are now eligible in many places, as they can be vectors for it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:32 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Babun are children not allowed to be vaccinated in germany yet ? Not sure it continues to make sense of % adults vaccinated when children are now eligible in many places, as they can be vectors for it.

It can be that it lags in terms of approval and requirements. That is the case in Belgium for example.

87% of the adult population is vaccinated (18+ years old). The vaccine has been approved for 12-17yo for a while now and the number is 76% for those. It's only been approved since summer for kids <12 so for them they sit at 5% vaccination.

So for the whole country overall we are at 76% vaccination rate. For the more representative (imo) part of the population (adults) its a very good 87%.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:11 pm

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 Photo_14
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:02 pm

the communist hangover of distrust in institutions is really hitting eastern europe hard here

At one point Bulgaria was exporting vaccines because no one there was using them
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:55 pm

I'm totally surprised by Portugal, usually they're at the eastern level in all these charts Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:43 pm

Safe and effective and totally not rare

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_footballers_who_died_while_playing
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:50 pm

Seeing players dropping like flies on live tv, is like part of the game now.

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 3 4d88c310

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:38 pm

Hard to say if it's the vaccine or covid generally (which increases your risk of myocarditis by 16x). Eriksen, for instance , was not vaccinated at the time of his collapse and was playing near one of the epicenter of the virus in Europe. But I'd say it definitely looks like it's making an impact.

I'd say it's to be expected since both covid and the vaccine impacts a small number of men aged 15-30 with heart problems, which is essentially most of the football player population. So if several thousand players are exposed to covid or take the vaccine a few might be impacted by this.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:23 am

Even if you look through the list linked, 16 is high, the highest in fact, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. 2016 had 13 deaths. In the years preceding, there are multiple years of 10/11/12 deaths. 16 is not an extreme outlier at all.

When you consider that COVID itself, as well as potentially the vaccine, can cause issues in some players, the numbers in 2021 don't really pop out as particularly surprising. The numbers in 2020 are also probably artificially low due to sports generally not occurring for much of the year, I would completely disregard those numbers
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next