titosantill
futbol_bill
Adit
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Real Madrid vs Chelsea - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Chelsea

Post by Doc Sat May 08, 2021 11:27 am

Madrid nor Barcelona created the Galactico spending as you're totally ignoring the times when Serie A teams used to own the world record transfers but whatever.

That being said, neither can pretend they didn't partake in such things nor can they stop the inevitable i.e PL clubs eclipsing their spending power. Also, Bundesliga clubs bar Bayern still cannot compete with either clubs even in their current state and the only Ligue 1 club can only compete as long as the Qatar Family sticks around.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sat May 08, 2021 11:56 am

Agreed Doc. The pandemic revealed the failed management of these clubs.

And it's really shameful to see Real Madrid desperately holding onto this super league plan.

Well actually it's Florentino holding on. I'm not sure who else in Madrid agrees with his stance.

It just smacks of desperation.

On the transfer point. I don't think it's impossible to recruit great talent and not spend huge amounts.

The club needs to work, get your scouts working. Not just on teenagers but fully fledged professionals.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 08, 2021 12:11 pm

Never to the extent of Real Madrid under Fiorentino Doc... and it's not even close.  The Bosman Ruling (allowing more than 3 foreign players on a club) happened in 1995 and didn't take effect until the 1996 mercato.  The Schenghan Treaty was signed in 1995 as well...  so there was no EU.  So the spending was limited to 3 non-Italian players prior to 1995, hence a player like Zidane didn't leave Ligue 1 until he was 25.  They only splurged on proven world-class players.

Also, Bayern can outspend anyone if they want to.  Absolutely anyone.  But they won't and they're run well.  Nobody can say Bayern isn't just as good a club as anyone else.  The rest of Bundi also work within their own budgets.

Why can EPL outspend everyone in this cycle?   Because there's competitive balance = a more interesting league = TV deal became the richest as more games are interesting.  Competition drove value in the EPL.

Once again, fuck this super league nonsense.  Complete crap.  Make good business decisions and make your economic reality work for you.  Don't act like entitled fucks if you're being outsmarted.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat May 08, 2021 2:27 pm

The Super League is, was and would always be something I disagree with. However, I do not consider Madrid to be the architect of the gross transfer fees for football's elite as this was something that was designed by numerous parties.

And yeah Cyborg, there is so much talent around the world that just needs proper coaching. Something our current management seems to be allergic to (and yes, I'm adding Zidane in that one).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 09, 2021 4:48 pm

Doc wrote:The Super League is, was and would always be something I disagree with. However, I do not consider Madrid to be the architect of the gross transfer fees for football's elite as this was something that was designed by numerous parties.

And yeah Cyborg, there is so much talent around the world that just needs proper coaching. Something our current management seems to be allergic to (and yes, I'm adding Zidane in that one).

That's just not Madrid's model. The club loses 2 games in a row and a manager is on the hot seat... 2-3 meh months and he's fired. If you're going to commit to youth on your team, you need to create a culture and support system for it. Real Madrid have neither.

No manager for Real Madrid can commit to anything other than winning immediately for this reason.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2