As long as Real Madrid supports this superleague crap...

+11
Cyborg
Myesyats
Pedram
titosantill
Clutch
FennecFox7
The Madrid One
Turok_TTZ
futbol_bill
Perucho21
sportsczy
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

As long as Real Madrid supports this superleague crap... Empty As long as Real Madrid supports this superleague crap...

Post by sportsczy Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:24 am

... I'm gone. Been a fan since Zidane joined the club. Been a great ride. But I can't support a club in good conscience that is trying to destroy the beauty of European football.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

As long as Real Madrid supports this superleague crap... Empty Re: As long as Real Madrid supports this superleague crap...

Post by sportsczy Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:48 am

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/0268-12121411400e-7897186e699a-1000--statement-by-uefa-the-english-football-association-the-premier-/

UEFA, the English Football Association and the Premier League, the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) and LaLiga, and the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) and Lega Serie A have learned that a few English, Spanish and Italian clubs may be planning to announce their creation of a closed, so-called Super League.

If this were to happen, we wish to reiterate that we – UEFA, the English FA, RFEF, FIGC, the Premier League, LaLiga, Lega Serie A, but also FIFA and all our member associations – will remain united in our efforts to stop this cynical project, a project that is founded on the self-interest of a few clubs at a time when society needs solidarity more than ever.

We will consider all measures available to us, at all levels, both judicial and sporting in order to prevent this happening. Football is based on open competitions and sporting merit; it cannot be any other way.

As previously announced by FIFA and the six Confederations, the clubs concerned will be banned from playing in any other competition at domestic, European or world level, and their players could be denied the opportunity to represent their national teams.

We thank those clubs in other countries, especially the French and German clubs, who have refused to sign up to this. We call on all lovers of football, supporters and politicians, to join us in fighting against such a project if it were to be announced. This persistent self-interest of a few has been going on for too long. Enough is enough.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

As long as Real Madrid supports this superleague crap... Empty Re: As long as Real Madrid supports this superleague crap...

Post by Perucho21 Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:51 am

I definitely disagree with this whole thing also.

But the club is fully 100 percent behind it. Perez is its chairman and probably one of the main players in making this happen.

Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:27 am

And how are they destroying European football?
They are talking about a revamped, better intensity cL. Their proposal isn’t to upset national leagues! It’s the opposition UEFA, fifa to a l’essor extent and national organizations that are making the threats!

The smaller clubs still with have their EL.

I don’t see how this destroys European football.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:37 am

@Bill.
1-  Closed competition.  No meritocracy.  So it doesn't matter if you're top 4 or last...  you're either invited or not.
2-  Elitism at its absolute worse. Just fuck off.
3-  Same teams always playing each other.  Boring.
4-  There will never be a new up-and-coming club because the elite clubs have economically insulated themselves.

It's disgusting in every single way.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:41 am

I live in the U S. so I see the trash that is the NFL. I see how boring it is. Barely any competition, no relegation, same teams every year, there some teams don't even compete for the superbowl, but to get first pick on the draft because somehow getting first choice of players matter more than winning championships. Then I see this. Florentino is trying to make the nfl of european soccer.

Wtf is he thinking? He is endangering our season, he has brought immediate shame and tarnished our standing in world football with this bs. This european super league is as retarded as the NFL and the only reason the NFL is successful is because the US are full of braindead lemmings who legit do not know any better.

I have never been so embarrassed that my club is at the center of all this. Why Florentino? Why?

I am finding it very hard to continue supporting Real Madrid if Florentino doesn't stop this anti football nonsense. It's uncompetitive, it devalues our club and our rivalries, and it devalues our sport. I could easily see us having our 13 cl titles revoked if Florentino doesn't get his head out of his ass nvm that we're in danger of being kicked out of CL football outright. And for what? glorified club friendlies that hold no value or meaning? That adds more matches to our already congested schedule? Fucking hell!

I very much want to hear what Ramos, Benzema have to say about this as. I am appalled , ashamed, embarrassed that Real Madrid is a key player in this.

FIFA, UEFA, and La Liga must take immediate action imo. To protect the sport and not let it end up like the trash that goes on in the US, action must be taken.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:53 am

Spoken from an ideological fan perspective. But we all know what drives professional sports! The argument that it will make it like the NFL! Come on, it and the NBA, Major League Baseball and the NHL are all like that and are tremendously popular and successful financially.

These super teams are the money makers for themselves obviously but also for the uefa, fifa and the national leagues.

I’m still not convinced it is going to happen (to me for now it’s just a power play), but I find your arguments weak and you abandoning Madrid a joke!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:59 am

Hahaha... For better and for worse, like him or hate him, the truth is that Florentino Perez is a man with singular ambition and vanity, Emilio Butragueno once somewhat playfully referred to him as "El Ser Superior," referring to Perez's sense of grandeur.

The controversial selling of the old RM sporting complex and construction of the new one in Valdebebas, the New Santiago Bernabeu, the Galacticos rebranding of the early 2000's, dismantling UEFA and leading the charge in the creation of a new European order... that was the last piece in his puzzle.

He looks in the mirror and he wants to see... no he sees... Don Santiago Bernabeu.

Last edited by The Madrid One on Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:06 am

sportsczy wrote:@Bill.
1-  Closed competition.  No meritocracy.  So it doesn't matter if you're top 4 or last...  you're either invited or not.
2-  Elitism at its absolute worse. Just fuck off.
4-  There will never be a new up-and-coming club because the elite clubs have economically insulated themselves.

So again how does that destroy european football?

All all of your points exist today in the CL.

And wasn’t it you praising the top EPL teams and the oil based teams because of their money and how they would dominate European football?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:13 am

The Madrid One wrote:Hahaha... For better and for worse, like him or hate him, the truth is that Florentino Perez is a man with singular ambition and vanity, Emilio Butragueno once somewhat playfully referred to him as "El Ser Superior," referring to Perez's sense of grandeur.

The controversial selling of the old RM sporting complex and construction of the new one in Valdebebas, the New Santiago Bernabeu, the Galacticos rebranding of the early 2000's, dismantling UEFA and leading the charge in the creation of a new European order... that was the last piece in his puzzle.

He looks in the mirror and he wants to see... no he sees... Don Santiago Bernabeu.

He's going to be the most hated man in football for years to come but people need to respect the man.

Such an ambitious move to give UEFA and FIFA the middle finger and creating a super league with top club Presidents around Europe.

From what all you said until now with the creation of the super league, Perez is going down as one of the most important men in this sport. The galaticos are his legacy, the new Bernabeu is his legacy, and now this new league (if it comes out positive and eventually replaces UCL), will also be his legacy.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:18 am

futbol_bill wrote:
2-  Elitism at its absolute worse.  Just fuck off.

And wasn’t it you praising the top EPL teams and the oil based teams because of their money and how they would dominate European football?

You can't be serious or you just choose to be blind...  regardless, i'm not going to humor you with a lot of this.

One topic i will tackle:  Russian money (chelsea), government money (madrid), political & criminal money (berlusconi), gambling money (man u)...  or oil money.  

Very few elite teams can take a high moral ground on the origins of the money they made their reputations came from.  If you actually want to take such a stance, then you'll need to apply it to every club no matter how far back.

I thought Madrid was destroying football when Flo took over and brought in the galactico era...  but I loved Zidane too much to care.  This, however, is the pinacle of greed.

Real Madrid and its president are a representation of everything that is reprehensible about football today.  I'm done.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:30 am

sportsczy wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:

You can't be serious or you just choose to be blind...  regardless, i'm not going to humor you with a lot of this.

One topic i will tackle:  Russian money (chelsea), government money (madrid), political & criminal money (berlusconi), gambling money (man u)...  or oil money.  

Very few elite teams can take a high moral ground on the origins of the money they made their reputations came from.  If you actually want to take such a stance, then you'll need to apply it to every club no matter how far back.

I thought Madrid was destroying football when Flo took over and brought in the galactico era...  but I loved Zidane too much to care.  This, however, is the pinacle of greed.

Real Madrid and its president are a representation of everything that is reprehensible about football today.  I'm done.

I have lost count on how many times you have said “I’m done”.

You still have not answered the question of how this proposed league is destroying european football! All the points you mentioned exist in today’s Champions League.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:39 am

He’s mentioned it multiple times.. we’ve given tons of reasons why this is wrong.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:59 am

Have any players said anything about this?

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:09 am

Nothing yet from the players but I think FIFAs threat to ban players in the new super league from playing in international tournaments is all smoke. They can try and FIFPro will likely step in and call BS.

Plus it's a bad business decision on their end. Imagine a euros/WC without the world's best players.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:36 am

florentino has always been chasing don santiago bernabeu; similar to lebron chasing mike. most major moves flo has taken comes from don santiago's play book. i can think of about 4 right off the top of my head. tbh i dont know much of what this entails , i just hope it doesnt mean more unnecessary games for players. they are not machines
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:13 am

Brazilian players will never do something that would endanger their place in the Selecao. No chance. Pretty sure Argentinian, Uruguayan, etc. players feel the same way.

All it would take to squash this is to have some of the elite clubs not participate and give elite players the option to make top money while not endangering their place in national competitions.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:56 am

I find it hard to believe that the biggest clubs in the world willingly signed up to blow the football world wide open and go toe to toe with FIFA and UEFA without surely knowing what they're up against. Either they're confident they can pull the Super League off and/or they're confident they can put enough pressure to humble UEFA and FIFA into making the kinds of changes they want.

Either way the Football world will probably keep going further down the extremes of "economic insulation" and we already live in a kind of dystopia that many don't realize.

This is just the beginning, I want to hear what the clubs have to say about UEFA and FIFA as this overall is not being well received by fans world wide from what I gather and the clubs surely must have foreseen this. This is all still too unfathomable and at this early point the announcement has only served as bad PR for the clubs involved.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:35 am

FIFA and UEFA have no leverage in this fight, they know clubs hold all the cards, they probably have to reach a compromise with the founding clubs, their weakly worded statements suggest that too.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:26 pm

futbol_bill wrote:

Arsenal will be guaranteed a spot in ESL without the prospect of ever getting relegated whereas they are too shit to qualify for CL these days. Its just dumb and no team deserves a guaranteed spot. CL is exciting because exactly for that reason a team with heritage like Milan etc can never be sure of qualifying and they have to work hard, now they will have no incentive to work. Why can milan or arsenal never be relegated from ESL? They are hot garbage. Its just a big heist by the big boys is all that is. Greed. Get rich and leave everyone behind
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:00 pm

I love that clubs are challenging Uefa and Fifa.

They have been corrupt.

I love the Champions league, but I'll support the super league.

The media is so pro Uefa. It's not like the clubs are saying they aren't going to play in their country's league. But the narrative seems to be they are leaving there league.

It's another cup competition. You have so many useless cup comps. I'd definitely watch Super league instead
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:29 pm

Perez is gonna have to explain to the players. Most of our guys are either main players or captains for their NTs or dream of representing their country. Especially Ramos captain of Spain.

Also apparently Perez is speaking tonight on el chiringuito.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:01 pm

Wtf is this anti fifa anti UEFA nonsense?

Yes they are corrupt but this is not the answer nor a fix. Corruption goes hand in hand with greed and this super league is a project of greed, not sport. How can any of ye view this as a positive?

We've given Barcelona 300m just for getting in on this. Since when are we in the business of strengthening our rivals?

As we speak, at first the ESL were deluded to think they can coexist with the domestic and continental competitions. Now it's rumoured to be changed to where we are awarded 13 super league titles as they're spinning it into the super league replacing the cl. But that only works if UEFA recognizes the ESL. 13 ESL titles are worth nothing. Just a mickey mouse title. A super league that has as much worth as the club friendly tournaments we get involved in during preseason. Laughable.

We don't need anymore congestion of our schedule. Our season was already on the brink with injuries and burnout. And now we're under threat from being outright banned from the CL because of this foolishness. What a way to flush our season down the toilet.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:43 pm

Perez is such a boss. Explains everything calmly and is not one bit terrified of all the threats.

Don Florentino :bow:
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:09 am

titosantill wrote:florentino has always been chasing don santiago bernabeu; similar to lebron chasing mike. most major moves flo has taken comes from don santiago's play book. i can think of about 4 right off the top of my head. tbh i dont know much of what this entails , i just hope it doesnt mean more unnecessary games for players. they are not machines

Yeah, pretty much Tito. Flo, to me, has been doing his very best to not just emulate Don Santiago but eclipse him his legacy.

The ESL is basically his answer to the European Cup. I wonder if it had the same reaction though...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next