+4
Valkyrja
Cyborg
Thimmy
Perucho21
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

UCL: Real Madrid vs Inter Milan - Page 2 Empty Re: UCL: Real Madrid vs Inter Milan

Post by Cyborg Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:41 pm

I've said Vasquez should leave.

Because another player who has a lot more quality can take his place in the squad.

But it's tough to find players with his passion for the club and the required quality.

The team can't be filled with sexy footballers, but players with grit and toughness.

Look at Vinicius, yesterday, he came on and was really poor. Poor in terms of his decision making and passing. Players like him need to show more than just glimpses of talent. Because the Lucas Vasquez types, who are always consistent, will overtake them.

Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

UCL: Real Madrid vs Inter Milan - Page 2 Empty Re: UCL: Real Madrid vs Inter Milan

Post by futbol_bill Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:09 pm

@Cyborg, those players you are referring to are much better out on loan rather than being bench players. They are young, talented promises and they need more than anything else regular minutes to develop.

the team is always going to be staffed with set starters, reliable backups (ideally, capable of challenging the starter), some young promises and versatile squad players.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:12 pm

Here’s a question for you. The club needs to find a replacement for Ramos. What would you do of the following:

1) sign a top CB when Ramos retires

2) sign someone highly rated next summer and let Nacho go.

3) sign someone highly rated next summer and let Militao go.

4) sign someone highly rated next summer and go with 5 CBs.

futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:14 pm

Option 1.

If Ramos is at Madrid, he is starting.

I wouldn't bring in a top centre back just to have him on the bench.

You a need a big squad to be competitive in all competitions.

Defensively, at the moment, a good right and left back is what is needed now. To cover for injuries to Mendy and Carvajal.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:50 pm

Cyborg wrote:Option 1.

If Ramos is at Madrid, he is starting.

I wouldn't bring in a top centre back just to have him on the bench.

You a need a big squad to be competitive in all competitions.

Defensively, at the moment, a good right and left back is what is needed now. To cover for injuries to Mendy and Carvajal.

You have just confirmed the premise of my question. You are better to have your bench strength as backups / squad players. It isn’t productive to have future starters riding the bench?

However I suspect most would answer option 2, getting rid of Nacho yet it’s the versatility of Nacho and Lucas that in addition to their main roles (backups at CB and RW), they also are options for the two positions (RB and LB) that you mentioned.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:01 am

I'm not arguing against anything you said.

I just appreciated Lucas Vasquez's performance last night, in particular.

There were moments last night, however, where a better quality player would have scored or played a better pass.

But would that player have defended as passionately as Vazquez? Would they have been able to motivate and rally their teammates on the pitch? Maybe not?

But that's the why football isn't back and white. There are so many factors that make a player ordinary, good and great.

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2