Back to top Go down

Calcio Saga 20/21 Empty Re: Calcio Saga 20/21

Post by Guest Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:24 am

Mclewis can get a good night sleep after this ... Zaniolo is safe

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:09 am

Ralf Rangnick:

Ralf Rangnick confirms he was first approached by Milan just days after Stefano Pioli was hired, wonders if the Rossoneri are ‘happy with the results’ and outlines why keeping Zlatan Ibrahimovic ‘makes little sense.’

Just as the deal was seemingly done after months of negotiations, the plug was suddenly pulled and Stefano Pioli saw his contract extended.

Now the former Red Bull director has spoken to La Gazzetta dello Sport about what really happened behind the scenes, including ex-Milan chief Zvonimir Boban’s claims CEO Ivan Gazidis had been in contact with Rangnick at the very least from November, despite the denials.

“I was first contacted at the end of October, when the team was three points off the relegation zone,” confessed Rangnick.

Pioli was hired on October 9, so this was just days after the new coach had been brought in to replace Marco Giampaolo.

“I never talked about it in public. I do want to make it clear that I never signed a contract or had a clause. Up until three weeks ago, I was tied to Red Bull. As for Milan, they were the best team post-Coronavirus lockdown, so changing would not have been wise or respectful. Pioli deserved to keep his job and I appreciated the kind of person he is, as in interviews he was always focused on objectives. Whether this is the right decision for Milan in the medium and long term is another matter.”

Both Boban and Paolo Maldini were vocally against the idea of hiring Rangnick, largely because they had only just brought in Pioli, while Boban claimed Gazidis was in talks with the German without informing his fellow directors.

“I never said a word about Milan in public. Never. I can only talk about Maldini as an ex-player: extraordinary, a genuine legend. But I cannot say the same about him as a director of sport, because, quite simply, I don’t know him in this role.

“From the outside, you can ask if the owners are happy with the results compared to the money invested over the last few years. Was I the cause of Boban leaving Milan? You’d have to ask those who represent the club.”

Rangnick was asked if he would’ve tried to keep hold of star man Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but brushed off the question.

“What you should be asking is: why did Milan turn to me? What did they want to do? Maybe they were looking for a change of direction. It’s not my style to focus on a 38-year-old player, not because of talent, but because I prefer to create value and develop talent.

“It made little sense to me the idea of relying on Ibrahimovic or Simon Kjaer, but that’s just my way of seeing things, it’s not necessarily right or wrong. When Ibra said he didn’t know me, he wasn’t wrong. I’ve never met him.”

So what would Rangnick do to get Milan back to the top of Italian and European football?

“Set a concrete objective, such as Champions League qualification, because nobody enjoys playing in the Europa League. They have a perfect example just 30km from Milan: Atalanta have a third of Milan’s revenue, but keep finishing ahead of them in the table. It’s because they make intelligent investments, have one of the best youth academies in Europe, and it’s not just about Gian Piero Gasperini. It’s a team sport.

“I am also impressed with Antonio Conte’s style of football at Inter, which is sophisticated, active and aggressive. My idea of football has always been about keeping a high tempo, pressing and counter-pressing, something in America they now call ‘Ralfball.’ All the young players in our academies grow up with that now.”

There had also been reports that Milan proposed carte blanche to Rangnick on the transfer market, making him more of a Sir Alex Ferguson figure who was both coach and director of sport.

“In the last 36 years, I’ve had more success when I could be more than a simple coach, but I do consider myself just part of a wider engine with many different pieces. I seek the best people, from staff to nutritionists, from the psychologist to the video analyst through to obviously the scouting sector.

“This approach would work in Serie A, if there is support and a shared vision. Just look at the Premier League. Jurgen Klopp won’t sign a player who doesn’t have the right mentality or characteristics to suit his playing style. Pep Guardiola is the same. They want players who want a coach who can prove exactly what he wants to do with them.”
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:53 am

I read that this morning too, interesting views from rangnick
shows the ill timed and half ass commitment and shady dealing from Gazidis, i like rangnick honesty and respect that he shows to everyone in the club - Maldini, Boban, Ibrahimovic, Pioli despite all the s..t and disrespect maldini, capello, ambrosini, braida, antonini, tassoti pro maldini journalists was towards him.

i also agree with what he said about atalanta, and its true what he said, milan needs to be focusing on entire team. the problem that is clearly evident is also something rangnick says about milan which is that , by focusing in ibrahimovic, kjaer, there is much less focus on rest of the team esp. the areas that milan has been weak for years.

Ibra and Kjaer are saviors, there is no question about it, but maldini and masara brought them as act of desperation more to cover their mess than to help milan is what i feel about this. ibra saying what he says about him being ageless he says what he wants and he is entitled to and deservely so but milan management are now succumbed to it. Is team important or ibrahimovic i feel like they have focus on one individual than team. THis also gives riola the leverage to gain more from and hence salary and other demands that team will have.

I still think that not bringing rangnick and getting rid of maldini and massara is a loss for milan because i dont know about others but i look at overall season and season before that and another season before that milan has been failing and needed a quality management personnel who has eyes for bright talents and bright players. With our current management they continue to cover tracks - the likes of ibra, kjaer who knows silva, in future will continue to mask the real quality of the rest of the squad and management will get away with it until they move on and bring this team back to limbo and we repeat the same cycle.

maldini keep on saying that - this team needs players like ibra and kjaer so that other young players can grow and get to their potential .... well i dont believe that.... regardles of ibra or kjaer - we didnt need them for the likes of theo hernandez or bennacer to excel in the game - they just needed 6 games to get to the level that we now know of ... why should players like calabra, conti , kessie, hakan need 3 seasons or more to reach to that level that i dont know of but anyway feels like rangnick would have brought that quality and step that needed to strengthen the entire team overall than just relying on 1-2 big name giants for half the costs that current management are spending.

the only regret for me is that rangnick refused to work with pioli, it is not the coach but management that is the problem with this club. In the end rangnick not coming to milan was a good thing not because he would fail but because no one wants to support him because he is an outsider and in capello words - he has not done anything significant in Italy which is hypocritical of him to say because its like saying to capello then - you haven't done anything significant in England. Rangnick is a bet for a long term that would perhaps have been a success with less money given support around him but atm we will be stuck with management who just knows short term fix, by covering their tracks of mess they make with players they want to bring or has kept by getting top class player in only one position -

Nothing against Ibra but without him we will be like post milan of when Milan sold Silva and Ibra to PSG ... there is no future

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:08 am

The only hope for milan is 39 year old ibra and 3-4 quality players ... in the end ibra wins, riola is toying with our management because they got nothing as answer if ibra says no to mila

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:12 pm

On Friedkin - I have no real expectations at this point. Far too early to tell how this will go. Great decision to keep Fonseca though. I just wonder who will be the new sporting director since it seems Petrachi won't be coming back after all.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:56 pm

McLewis wrote:On Friedkin - I have no real expectations at this point. Far too early to tell how this will go. Great decision to keep Fonseca though. I just wonder who will be the new sporting director since it seems Petrachi won't be coming back after all.

atleast he wrote off debt with much needed cash injection because it was reported that Roma was loosing 85 m and counting. plus guarantee that stars won't leave.
I heard in the news that one of the candidates for SD for As Roma is Boban. Anyway market closes in October so Roma needs to assign someone asap on that place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:59 pm

Lot of COVID positives appearing for Serie A players as they start returning for pre-season training.

Confirmed so far

- 4 Cagliari players
- Jeremy Boga for Sassuolo
- Andrea Petagna
- 2 Torino players
- 1 Brescia player

think this will be new norm as they return from holidays (think this will be the case for other leagues too), big task for clubs and medics ahead of season start. Petagna,Boga confirmed as asymptomatic and in isolation. Rest so far no details.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:25 pm

Spezia promoted in Serie A for the first time in their history
Well deserved
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:38 pm

Spezia deserved to be in Serie A quite a while ago. Unlucky history and long overdue they make the A. Not an exciting promotion but good for the Ligurians.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:39 pm

JespSwe wrote:Lot of COVID positives appearing for Serie A players as they start returning for pre-season training.

Confirmed so far

- 4 Cagliari players
- Andrea Petagna
- 2 Torino players
- 1 Brescia player

think this will be new norm as they return from holidays (think this will be the case for other leagues too), big task for clubs and medics ahead of season start. Petagna,Boga confirmed as asymptomatic and in isolation. Rest so far no details.

I have to say, if I were a player, I wouldn't have gone anywhere over the break. It's too much of a health risk, and also puts your family and team mates at risk. It really isn't worth it, and these numbers show how foolish that decision can be.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:03 am

Kick wrote:
JespSwe wrote:Lot of COVID positives appearing for Serie A players as they start returning for pre-season training.

Confirmed so far

- 4 Cagliari players
- Andrea Petagna
- 2 Torino players
- 1 Brescia player

I have to say, if I were a player, I wouldn't have gone anywhere over the break. It's too much of a health risk, and also puts your family and team mates at risk. It really isn't worth it, and these numbers show how foolish that decision can be.

I agree, esp. the whole season break gatherings, ibiza parties should be avoided. Most players take private jet to places but its easy to get infected everywhere.
I think its just a start, we probably may see significant increase as most team returns to training in 2 weeks.
Also imagine the problems club face not just player's unavailability but it depends solely on how long it will take, they have to cover player's bill regardless, then they need to get players back to fitness, its a nightmare to get one player in individualized program

On the other hand i agree that players need some family, friends time but they need to avoid this totally public parties, gatherings for now if possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:04 am

When will Serie A games published for season 2020/21?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:09 am

JespSwe wrote:
Kick wrote:

Confirmed so far

- 4 Cagliari players
- Andrea Petagna
- 2 Torino players
- 1 Brescia player

I agree, esp. the whole season break gatherings, ibiza parties should be avoided. Most players take private jet to places but its easy to get infected everywhere.
I think its just a start, we probably may see significant increase as most team returns to training in 2 weeks.
Also imagine the problems club face not just player's unavailability but it depends solely on how long it will take, they have to cover player's bill regardless, then they need to get players back to fitness, its a nightmare to get one player in individualized program

On the other hand i agree that players need some family, friends time but they need to avoid this totally public parties, gatherings for now if possible.

Not seen one player on holiday wearing a mask, nor have I see anyone they have been around wearing a mask.

Now some of them may have been in places with little to no cases, but it clearly wasn't where some places went.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:15 am

Kick wrote:
JespSwe wrote:
Kick wrote:

Not seen one player on holiday wearing a mask, nor have I see anyone they have been around wearing a mask.

Now some of them may have been in places with little to no cases, but it clearly wasn't where some places went.

yep that is a big cause for concern. There is no such thing as covid-19 free places with only tested people allowed in some VIP parties XD so i would bet that not just serie a but la liga, ligue 1, EPL, Bundesliga will have quite a few numbers of players tested positive and clubs may have to do personalized program.

Yep i myself follow few players in insta... not one player with mask XD
it would be interesting. Maybe clubs has strict protocol. Like harry kane was asked to isolate after his bahama holiday return. Maybe clubs should do that too then test.

Serie A teams had a protocol to follow per conditions issued by Italian FA in collaboration with health department, which was a good thing but i don't know if that was just during season or it applies throughout.

Anyway expect the number to rise in 2 weeks Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:34 pm

Massimo Cellino has claimed the COVID-19 situation ‘has become worse’ as players 'return infected' from their holidays and confirmed Sandro Tonali is quarantined after having 'been in contact with positive players'.

The Rondinelle patron confirmed a positive case at the club and that Sandro Tonali is in isolation after the break.

“The situation is worse than before,” Cellino told Corriere della Sera. “We have seen in the past months that you can carefully limit the damage, without being stupid.

“Now, by dancing at the disco, the footballers return infected. We have a positive case too. He felt bad during vacation and we tested him.

“Tonali is in isolation too, he’s not positive, but he has been in contact with positive players.”

Source: https://www.football-italia.net/157448/cellino-tonali-isolation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:36 pm

Fiorentina confirmed 2 players tested w/ CoV19 (Pulgar, Ghidotti)
Meanwhile, Mihajlovic confirmed as well although asymptomatic he is in high risk group due to his medical condition previously.

Meanwhile, there has been a buzz that Serie A could be delayed due to increasing number of players and staffs being infected.

All the positive cases so far in Serie A and B have also been asymptomatic that being said the chances are that unknowingly they are getting off from someone else during vacation or likely to transfer to someone as they return back to training.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:32 am

All of Milan players that have returned for pre-season training has been tested negative for covid-19. The only players that remains to return to milanello as far as report goes is ibrahimovic due to contract issues still needing resolved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:13 am

Responsibly wary social distancing lads, this is what class is.

Meanwhile other club captains are partying and getting into Greek bar fights
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:28 pm

Inter are apparently closing a deal for Tonali and are pursuing Vidal.

Currently:
Brozovic
Barella
Sensi
Gagliardini
Erikssen
Vecino
Borja

Returning:
Nainggolan
Joao Mario

New signings:
Tonali
Vidal

No sales yet?

Solid strategy of collecting all the midfielders
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:37 pm

McKennie would walk into that midfield

Calcio Saga 20/21 B9506f10
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:33 pm

Kaladin wrote:Responsibly wary social distancing lads, this is what class is.

Meanwhile other club captains are partying and getting into Greek bar fights

w/ all the money in the world they can simply get a private yacht for lease - somewhere alone, wthats what theo did
nightclubs and bars are always esp. for celebs problems waiting to happen Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:34 pm

rincon wrote:Inter are apparently closing a deal for Tonali and are pursuing Vidal.

Currently:
Brozovic
Barella
Sensi
Gagliardini
Erikssen
Vecino
Borja

Returning:
Nainggolan
Joao Mario

New signings:
Tonali
Vidal

No sales yet?

Solid strategy of collecting all the midfielders

Tonali is going to get less opportunities at Inter. He is better off at Milan Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:01 pm

Sad to see the state of Milan twitter. @Pure_Milanista @holdthemilan got their accounts deactivated or suspended. Amro last tweeted two years ago. These guys were hilarious and provided some much needed levity over the year.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:02 pm

Twitter bans anyone who doesn't abide by their ridiculous code of conduct.

Already Milan Twitter lacks any wit or sense of humour of any sort, or football Twitter so its a shame they are deactivated let alone Milanello clearly dying.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next