BarcaLearning
El Gunner
Thimmy
CBarca
Hapless_Hans
38 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here - Page 8 Empty Re: Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here

Post by futbol_bill Tue May 31, 2022 3:14 pm

If I knew how to post pictures, I would put up the two celebrations in Cibels! But I guess when you have only one win in a season to rave about, and can put down a team that has made it to final in four competitions, it’s ok to talk about a competitor loosing out on one acquisition! If I used that measure I think I could list at least 10 that you predicted were going to be signed!

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here - Page 8 Empty Re: Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here

Post by Myesyats Tue May 31, 2022 7:46 pm

I dont understand why you're being so defensive about liverpool. They make fun of pep constantly for being king of carabao and yet they celebrate carabao with a pompous parade.  It is quite funny if i say so myself

as far as Barca is concerned, they'll be back, in my lifetime they have more trophies than Madrid may i remind you (:
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue May 31, 2022 8:34 pm

In your lifetime!! Well, in mine, it far more the other way around. What does your lifetime got to do with this. By the way, no matter which way you count, if you really look at the important ones, Cl and liga, it’s overwhelming in our favour, 35 to 26 in liga and 14 to 5 in CL!

Re Liverpool, they have for years been a favorite team of Spaniards. it goes back to Morientes, Xabi Alonso, Torres, Arbeloa, Riera, Reina, Benitez.  And what’s wrong with making fun of Pep. He deserves it and more!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:41 am

Myesyats wrote:What a parade to celebrate the carabao cup :bow:

Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here - Page 8 32002010

To be fair, I saw Madrid do a bus parade for a Copa Del Rey title (and Ramos subsequently throwing the damn thing under the bus), Barcelona defend someone guilty of tax evasion, Milan celebrate 6th place, PSG celebrate a contract extension and Bayern celebrating title wins instead of just shaking each other's hands and heading home after a decent day at work.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:08 pm

Warrior wrote:Yes he moves on to the thrilling challenge of winning Bundesliga with Bayern, i bet he is already pumped up.

For a player of Mané's dimension what's better than becoming a legend at one club, he's already 250+ games in, instead he goes chasing financial guarantees, fair enough but what a shame.

He's criminally underpaid though. I think he's on a similar salary as Puig in Barça Laughing He already achieved legendary status for the team he truly cares about (Senegal) and won everything there is to win with Liverpool. This is precisely the time to chase the money.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:49 pm

Warrior wrote:Yes he moves on to the thrilling challenge of winning Bundesliga with Bayern, i bet he is already pumped up.

For a player of Mané's dimension what's better than becoming a legend at one club, he's already 250+ games in, instead he goes chasing financial guarantees, fair enough but what a shame.

I assume it's more about feeling valued by the club, rather than chasing the highest paycheck. I have no doubt that there's a degree of ego involved, but I think that's natural when you're a player of his profile. I know I wouldn't be very motivated to play for a club that signals that they value me below other players on the team that aren't necessarily better, and may have arrived at the club more recently.

£100k a month is obviously a lot, but I also think he's vastly undervalued when you consider that players like Paul Pogba are earning at least 3 times as much for a fraction of the productivity.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:20 pm

Long abandoned my once romantic view that one needs to be loyal to a club and not chase a pay check for its naive and rather idealistic view.

But truth is Mané has won all there is to win in LFC and seeking a new challenge is the mark of ambition, and not growing that pond, but leaping into another won.

He also is 30 and won't be as valuable as he would be when younger as anyone who also will say he is earning enough money is ignorant to the idea of what is relative to that person. Bigger ambitions in business for instance require larger sums of money and to fund the usual rich lifestyle it costs a lot more than the middle class bystander.

He will always be remembered and was truly a fantastic player for us and I cannot hold a thing against him.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:52 pm

I just remembered some discussions on here where I was arguing against some members who claimed that Rashford was at least equal to Mané. Prime example of judging players based on form rather than sustainable ability Laughing Rashford's hype died down real fast.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:56 pm

Rashford will never be 1/5th the player Mané is. A lot of his hype was created based on the fact that he is a stellar human being outside of the pitch but frequent Man Utd fan in our Firenze will tell you he is bang average.

I agree on the logic you present there though Thimmy.

Mané on the other hand I never saw being this good for us but he proved me wrong, fortunately.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:19 pm

In the past I would have laughed at Liverpool celebrating that hard too maybe, but have come to learn that one shouldnt really judge success/failure simply by looking at the trophies alone. They been there consistently over the few yrs n this season, just missing out the league by pushing Man C all the way, n somehow to beat by Real for the CL, so small margins, overall still a very very good season, its near impossible to be perfect in every comp, n deserve to celebrate however they want.

Of cos have to mention that the only team to have every been perfect was the sextruple Barca since Pep brought something new together with that great team no one else knew how to beat at the time Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:17 pm

He's criminally underpaid though.

I assume it's more about feeling valued by the club, rather than chasing the highest paycheck.

Neither is true. From financial context alone, the cold fact is Liverpool can't afford the wage Mane deserves/demands.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:24 pm

Why would Mane seek to become a club legend? It's not like he's from Liverpool or grew up a fan. He's a professional seeking to make the most of a short career, and that's totally fair.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:16 am

Mane leaving will be an end of an era at Liverpool. Will be extremely interesting how we respond to losing him especially a reshuffling upfront after an apparently underwhelming end to the season for the ones who get erections via trophies only.

I do agree the front of Liverpool will change quite a bit and I believe and hope that would mean Jota plays more center but I think Klopp will get another wide forward in who can play that CF role with Diaz at LW each game. Looking forward to how we respond to losing a key player yet again after a while. "Cycle over" boys, this is your time to chip in again to be proven right for the first time.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:25 am

Diaz has already replaced Mané no? Jota at CF and Salah playing his last season since you won’t pay him
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:30 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Diaz has already replaced Mané no? Jota at CF and Salah playing his last season since you won’t pay him

This transfer to be completely honest from a Liverpool perspective is a year too early but yes on paper as you say directly Diaz would replace Mane, Jota replaced Bobby at CF even though we signed him to help Salah or Mane considering his impact around Jimenez from the wings, ultimately Jota still got pushed to LW with Mane playing center. Bobby dropping his form was not expected but Jota showed he could changed from a wide winger to a poacher which was a pleasant surprise to all of us and we could continue the front 3 with Mane and Salah still wide.

Also direct replacement as a concept is a stretch in football, can Diaz score the same as Mane in the next season, yeah probably, can he get the same amount of big goals? Not seen that yet.

Not quick mafs but yes as you put it, we can assume next season both Bobby and Salah leave and Liverpool restarts upfront. Now it's back to Klopp transfers and inshallah, question is whether he fails or not.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:49 pm

*bump*

is this finally the season?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:52 pm

Nishankly wrote:"Cycle over" boys, this is your time to chip in again to be proven right for the first time.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:54 pm

hear Mctominay is available
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:56 pm

so what really is the problem Liverpool fans?
is this all down to just losing Mane? because i don't buy that
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:56 pm

It's much more complex than losing one player, I will post my thoughts in the near future when I can be arsed.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:35 am

Well, the problem is that we are only 3 games into the season so any well thought out thesis on Pool riding the struggle bus would be a bit, well, premature.

If by January Liverpool is still struggling, well, you may have yourself a bit of a case study.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:53 am

Still seeing Milner/Henderson start after all these yrs is a sign of things shouldnt be? Razz N yea, should have done everything to keep Mane, what a huge mistake...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:52 am

Doc wrote:you may have yourself a bit of a case study.

performance enhancing drugs IMO

this team overperformed and needs to be examined
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:19 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Still seeing Milner/Henderson start after all these yrs is a sign of things shouldnt be?

yup

Myesyats wrote:
Doc wrote:you may have yourself a bit of a case study.

performance enhancing drugs IMO

this team overperformed and needs to be examined

i've always had my suspicions as well. I've never seen any other side in football history run as much as them from game to game for 3 - 4 seasons with pretty much the same starting 11 while competing for both the PL and CL. Something doesn't add up smoking
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:11 pm

Pool have been struggling as of late and they were extremely lucky to score last minute in the previous match.

Mind you this is Klopp's 7th season, his 7th season at Dortmund was eerily similar with them on a downward spiral.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:59 pm

Kaladin wrote:Pool have been struggling as of late and they were extremely lucky to score last minute in the previous match.

Mind you this is Klopp's 7th season, his 7th season at Dortmund was eerily similar with them on a downward spiral.

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next