BarcaLearning
El Gunner
Thimmy
CBarca
Hapless_Hans
38 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here - Page 6 Empty Re: Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here

Post by Helmer Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:06 pm

NO EXCUSES really !
Injuries or no injuries, you cant keep losing every home game no matter what even if you play with under 15. But if you ask people in Germany, this is what you get with Klopp Laughing extremes of everything - all the possible emotions of the world. If there is any person who could get Liverpool out of this, it is Kloppo himself.

This was kind of expected as last 4 seasons have seen Klopp reach 3 European finals. 1 Europa league and 2 CL final appearances and winning one out of them. Two EPL title challenges, winning one out of them and in the other, going neck to neck with Pep's City till the last match day. In both these seasons Liverpool finished the season with 97 and 99 points. So anyone can imagine the amount of football and the intensity at which Klopp's Liverpool (with a limited squad size in terms of quality) must have played over past few seasons.

That is why I had also posted after winning last seaons's title, it will be time to find out whether Klopp is in the mould of Ferguson, Wenger or more like a manager short term success for a period of 3-4 seasons maximum. I guess we are seeing signs of the later most likely.

I am just curious how we would do in CL in this season! Bring it on Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here - Page 6 Empty Re: Liverpool and Klopp - it's all downhill from here

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:02 am

7 home losses in a row has nothing to do with injuries, and all to do with a total collapse of tactics, mentality, approach, and rapport

just like 14/15
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:05 am

As much as I admire the excellent job Klopp has done, I can't help but laugh at how people were calling this team the best ever. Not only is that ridiculous hyperbole (which I think even the people saying it knew deep down), but with this season I think it's clear they're not even a particularly special team among their own generation. In the one season they won the CL, they lost the league. In the year they won the league, they were embarrassed in the CL by a weak Atleti team. And after that brief 2 year stint at the top, they have completely collapsed.

They never came close to the dominance of other great teams in this era like Barca, Bayern, and Real at their respective peaks.

I say this not to attack any particular Liverpool fans on this forum, who generally seem like nice people. I just think it needs to be said after the excessive hype we heard last year.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:22 am

Even in their CL win, they coasted via a very fortunate pen given in the first 30 seconds, and then they were like less than 5cm away from given a pen up themselves to Danny Rose, ended up being just outside the box.

You need some luck to win these things and Tottenham had a lot of it leading up to that final. Liverpool had enough of it to get over the line. Both teams were shit in the final.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:23 am

2013 Dortmunds team is still klopps best team imo

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:16 am

Helmer wrote:I am just curious how we would do in CL in this season! Bring it on Proud

If you draw any one of Bayern, PSG or City, you're pretty much out of the CL but with the rest, you could still fancy your chances. The remaining teams in the CL bar those three teams are too mediocre/inconsistent to mount any sort of a challenge this season.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:20 pm

^^could be as good a time as ever for Messi-Barca to get revenge on Liverpool hmm they're both shit teams at the moment Laughing but you never know

anyway, well said @Cruijf a few posts above.

also i particularly love how Nishankly has been crickets since last night rofl
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:02 pm

Bruh can't be on here every day ffs

Klopp did the right thing trying to bench all those who didn't perform with those 7 changes but again it didn't work.

I don't think any team other City has qualified for the CL after winning the league this decade and we are the next ones on this record.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:32 pm

Cruijf wrote:As much as I admire the excellent job Klopp has done, I can't help but laugh at how people were calling this team the best ever. Not only is that ridiculous hyperbole (which I think even the people saying it knew deep down), but with this season I think it's clear they're not even a particularly special team among their own generation. In the one season they won the CL, they lost the league. In the year they won the league, they were embarrassed in the CL by a weak Atleti team. And after that brief 2 year stint at the top, they have completely collapsed.

They never came close to the dominance of other great teams in this era like Barca, Bayern, and Real at their respective peaks.

I say this not to attack any particular Liverpool fans on this forum, who generally seem like nice people. I just think it needs to be said after the excessive hype we heard last year.

Very true, It's unfortunate people said that because even we at GL didn't believe that.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:33 pm

CBarca wrote:Even in their CL win, they coasted via a very fortunate pen given in the first 30 seconds, and then they were like less than 5cm away from given a pen up themselves to Danny Rose, ended up being just outside the box.

You need some luck to win these things and Tottenham had a lot of it leading up to that final. Liverpool had enough of it to get over the line. Both teams were shit in the final.

Bloody hell sod off lmao
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:37 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Cruijf wrote:As much as I admire the excellent job Klopp has done, I can't help but laugh at how people were calling this team the best ever. Not only is that ridiculous hyperbole (which I think even the people saying it knew deep down), but with this season I think it's clear they're not even a particularly special team among their own generation. In the one season they won the CL, they lost the league. In the year they won the league, they were embarrassed in the CL by a weak Atleti team. And after that brief 2 year stint at the top, they have completely collapsed.

Very true, It's unfortunate people said that because even we at GL didn't believe that.

WUT????? Shocked
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:41 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Nishankly wrote:

WUT????? Shocked

We've always argued a decline, we are a system team that works with 11 individuals, each crucial. If GL's search function was even half as good, you'll see 30 posts between me and CSourDough where I state this.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:28 pm

I just watched back the Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool game, and noticed how exposed TAA was through the whole game basically, and Flopp seemed unable or even didnt realise he had to fix it? Chelsea were constantly attacking behind TAA since hes always bombing forward and Fabinho and the new CB just couldnt cover it up.

Dont follow Liverpool consistently, but I guess VD/Matip/Gomez used to be able to? Hence the problem now? Thiago also struggle to physically press and compete, and a big difference compared with Henderson/Fabinho, among other factors. But surely some of the fault has got to be Klopp. This game alone and im sure most other games this season, hes failed to think of better solutions for the situation, otherwise a team like Liverpool wouldnt consistently be losing games, even vs relegation level team at home.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:48 am

Fair point there !

I have seen few of his interviews. If ever he takes over from Klopp directly, media have to get used to a different kind of a manager at Anfield Laughing . Media are not going to like him so much.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:00 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:I just watched back the Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool game, and noticed how exposed TAA was through the whole game basically, and Flopp seemed unable or even didnt realise he had to fix it? Chelsea were constantly attacking behind TAA since hes always bombing forward and Fabinho and the new CB just couldnt cover it up.

Dont follow Liverpool consistently, but I guess VD/Matip/Gomez used to be able to? Hence the problem now? Thiago also struggle to physically press and compete, and a big difference compared with Henderson/Fabinho, among other factors. But surely some of the fault has got to be Klopp. This game alone and im sure most other games this season, hes failed to think of better solutions for the situation, otherwise a team like Liverpool wouldnt consistently be losing games, even vs relegation level team at home.

His plan A is to play the system.
His plan B is to play shitty players in the same system.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:56 pm

If so hes gonna have to adapt and evolve, otherwise he will get outdated, just like any other who doesnt Razz I mean at least be able to adjust a bit when facing extreme situations like this season...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:57 am

I think Klopp has proved many people wrong with how he has done in this season so far. I am one of those who was suspicious if Klopp could keep his level of previous years in this season also.

He has definitely evolved from his Dortmund and initial days at Liverpool. He never liked a big squad but this season he has learned to manage big squad, a combination of new signings with young blood and existing experienced players. He managed to get results when performance was low and also managed to get the team's performance at highest level when required. He is nearer to likes of Wenger, Ferguson in terms of longevity at a club compared to Pep, Mourinho types. I had real doubts if Klopp could rebuild a squad but there are signs that he partially already did it and would do brilliantly if the current experienced players would leave/retire.

With all that said, Klopp could still end up with one trophy towards the end of season or end up being a "quad squad" as Martin Tyler said. So thought it would be interesting to discuss this now instead of while on a "negative or positive" hype train.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:24 am

there's a good argument to be made that he is currently the best coach/manager in professional football
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:08 pm

All timer coach + an all timer team. His work at Liverpool is absolutely remarkable.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:16 pm

Whats hes done at Liverpool is nothing short of legendary, one of the best ever management jobs. From the POV of being a former Liverpool fan way back in late 90s to early 00s, Liverpools was the eternal disappointment in terms of being under pressure to winning the league back as a former great club, but Man U was so dominate so it was very hard to for club for so long. Benitez brought a few smaller trophies n some improvements, but apart from that it wasnt until Klopp that Liverpool changed things finally n achieved what its been trying to do for like almost 3 decades?

Last edited by BarcaLearning on Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:58 pm

The way he has Liverpool play is mesmerizing. The directness and efficiency is quite something to behold, reminds of Lucho Enrique's Barca with MSN
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:08 pm

Y’all convinced me there was a decline ffs. Klopp my god. The players literally play for him before the club.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:54 pm

Not sure where to put this but just came across this on YT, good video on how Liverpool played n raped us Razz n why they been prolly the best team over the last few yrs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlwVZTtR0zQ&list=TLPQMjgwNDIwMjJB-BrD0mtHeA&index=3

In particular impressed by what he says Liverpools pressing is about the last 2 meters n actually trying to win the ball instead of just pressing. Also how the practice playing/pressing in just one zone of the field everyday, n hence players have no doubts when they play in games, they know exactly what their purpose n gameplan is. Stark contrast to many of the times Barca were in over the past few yrs Very Happy Although we had Messi n Suarez at their best so it was a completely different kind of play, but quite very hard to stop I guess since it was pretty one dimensional. Luckily it seems Xavi is completely changing things...n hopefully play catch up, since the top teams are so far ahead atm...

So Klopp to stay in LFC even longer term perhaps Fergie style? Hes still young so will continue to build a long term dynasty, very happy them... Man C n LFC to rule EPL while Man U's suffering continues Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue May 03, 2022 11:35 pm

What's that then? 4 European cup finals in his 6 years?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 09, 2022 2:45 am

Pep Guardiola wrote:Everyone in this country supports Liverpool, the media and everyone. Of course because Liverpool has an incredible history in Europe. Not in Premier Leagues, they have won one in 30 years, but it's not a problem at all. The situation is what it is, we have to do nine points, maybe six, depends on what happens the next two games. Now is Wednesday, a real final for us. We go to try to win. Our destiny is in our own hands, we have to think about ourselves. One point, three points, nothing changes.

Liverpool are alongside United, the most important teams in history in terms of titles, history, legacy, dramas, for many, many things. We are since the last 10, 11, 12 years always there. I know we are sometimes uncomfortable but I don't care. If the people want Liverpool to win more than us, it's not an issue, it's normal. They have more supporters around the world.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 10, 2022 12:01 am

That UCL semis loss really did a number on Pep Sad
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next