El Gunner
Jay29
urbaNRoots
RealGunner
Glory
26 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV - Page 10 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:33 pm

KdD equalled Henry assist tally in a single PL season. Looking at what FPL and OPTA he should've been at 22 the Sterling go against Aresnal and Mahrez goal today should've counted.

FPL say this about deflected assists.

Assists can also be given when touches or attempted tackles from opponents deflect the ball in off the goalscorer.

Again, the scorer of the goal has to be the clear intended target for the pass and the assessment of whether the ball would have reached the scorer without the defensive touch must be made.

Opta say this -

If the final touch (as defined in bold) is deflected by an opposition player, the initiator is only given a goal assist if the receiving player was likely to receive the ball without the deflection having taken place.

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV - Page 10 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:49 pm

Henry really was incredible.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:54 pm

F
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:00 pm

Honestly, one of my favorite players

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:12 pm

M99 wrote:

F

Laughing I hope Lingard is still safe out there !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:39 am

Mason Mount scoring a peach of a free kick after Alonso's Oscar winning flop Proud

Top 4 after Losing Hazard, a transfer ban and a youthful lineup, I am super proud.

Give us another season or two and we'll be a force Thumbs up
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:11 am

JespSwe wrote:
Helmer wrote:
JespSwe wrote:there is going to be either very pissed manutd or chelsea fan tonight -
leicester been disaster post covid ; dunno how much not having maddison is the reason or the players just loosing it ; also they were doing just fine with 4-1-4-1 all of sudden everyone is sucking in new formation

Rodgers thinks he has to have a out of the box or different solution rather than a simple football approach and he messed it up be changing the formation few times and it seemed like it confused his players, from the 2-3 games I saw post covid.

yea like 4-1-4-1 w/ vardy as lone strker was perfectly fine. maddison loss is understandable but they still had a good players.
ever since he signed that extension he has completely lost this team ; like loosing manutd is not the reason they been sucking since the break... yea i kinda now am feeling that rodgers was trying to prove something that he has flexible ideas and it has backfired.

More have to do with not having Perreira at all post covid, and not having Chillwell for half of post covid matches. Fullback area is their strength and they have to make do with Justin, Thomas, Bennet, Hirst, and very old Fuchs who are just not up to that level.

Then, in some matches Iheanacho came up with goal contributions whilst Barnes and the likes were very impotent. Thus, they tried different formations
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:20 am

Thomas actually looked decent in the games i saw him in
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:48 am

Kick wrote:Mason Mount scoring a peach of a free kick after Alonso's Oscar winning flop Proud

Top 4 after Losing Hazard, a transfer ban and a youthful lineup, I am super proud.

Chelsea still had a very very good squad even after Hazard left. So I am not surprised that they did well but realistically Spurs and Arsenal were worse this season, therefore they always had a good chance and they used that chance.

I will not be surprised at all if you go on to win the EPL during next 3 seasons. Only thing standing in your way will be Pep's City with crazy spending as usual and Klopp with his negative net spend.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:00 am

Helmer wrote:
Kick wrote:Mason Mount scoring a peach of a free kick after Alonso's Oscar winning flop Proud

Chelsea still had a very very good squad even after Hazard left. So I am not surprised that they did well but realistically Spurs and Arsenal were worse this season, therefore they always had a good chance and they used that chance.

I will not be surprised at all if you go on to win the EPL during next 3 seasons. Only thing standing in your way will be Pep's City with crazy spending as usual and Klopp with his negative net spend.

City spent more than any other club, because they found a loophole in the rules that provided them with a substantially larger transfer budget than any other club in the league, and exploited it. Their punishment may have been underwhelming, but It's been found out, and I would like to think that it won't be ignored if they do it again.

I may be wrong, but from what I can tell, this Liverpool team doesn't exactly scream that it's in dire need of upgrades. As for right now, Chelsea looks like it's being the most ambitious club around when it comes to transfers, so I don't know what they have to worry about in that regard hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:31 am

I agree that Liverpool's team is good enough to win EPL back to back. I think their starting lineup works perfectly for them. Of course they could do with getting a better CB to partner Van Dijk and a forward for times when one of the front three are injured. Especially Mané, I think he's the most important of the three and having him injured will be a massive loss for Liverpool.

Klopp's main challenge next season will be to keep up the hunger and fitness of these players. It's often more difficult to win the league than defend it and I can't help but think this heavy metal style of football will run out of gas one day. City have been playing really well lately and for me they are CL favourites this season. They'll be back stronger next season. United and Chelsea are decent but they need a few more seasons to be champion material and also wait for the big two to slump.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:59 pm

danyjr wrote:I agree that Liverpool's team is good enough to win EPL back to back. I think their starting lineup works perfectly for them. Of course they could do with getting a better CB to partner Van Dijk and a forward for times when one of the front three are injured. Especially Mané, I think he's the most important of the three and having him injured will be a massive loss for Liverpool.

Klopp's main challenge next season will be to keep up the hunger and fitness of these players. It's often more difficult to win the league than defend it and I can't help but think this heavy metal style of football will run out of gas one day. City have been playing really well lately and for me they are CL favourites this season. They'll be back stronger next season. United and Chelsea are decent but they need a few more seasons to be champion material and also wait for the big two to slump.

Rolling Eyes How is City playing 'really well' when they are losing to every half decent team they face these days. Even good ol' Arsenal with David Luiz in their ranks managed to outplay them. If by playing well means scoring 5 goals against the Norwich's and Watford's, then ya fine.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:00 pm

Glory wrote:
danyjr wrote:I agree that Liverpool's team is good enough to win EPL back to back. I think their starting lineup works perfectly for them. Of course they could do with getting a better CB to partner Van Dijk and a forward for times when one of the front three are injured. Especially Mané, I think he's the most important of the three and having him injured will be a massive loss for Liverpool.

Rolling Eyes How is City playing 'really well' when they are losing to every half decent team they face these days. Even good ol' Arsenal with David Luiz in their ranks managed to outplay them. If by playing well means scoring 5 goals against the Norwich's and Watford's, then ya fine.
I think 'outplay' is an incredibly wrong word here but I take your point Laughing

Having looked at their fixtures recently, they have lost a fair few games indeed. City's dominant method of playing often deceives my judgement of their results, and that's been City all season I guess. Often looking godlike in attack but sometimes despite completely dominating a game they haven't been able to capitalise on their chances while leaking goals at the back. Not having Agüero, someone who single-handedly won City quite a few games this season has been a big miss too.

Laporte's introduction back to the starting line-up has also failed to tighten the defence, something that I've insisted times and times again to the point of annoying Arq. In my opinion the system itself is leaky especially with someone like Rodri assuming the DM role. He may have been decent in the more slow and technical La Liga but he hasn't been able to cope with the pace of EPL. He hasn't been able to cover any protection for his defence and I don't get why Pep still insists on playing him. Maybe cause he broke City's transfer record to sign the pleb.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:54 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Helmer wrote:

City spent more than any other club, because they found a loophole in the rules that provided them with a substantially larger transfer budget than any other club in the league, and exploited it. Their punishment may have been underwhelming, but It's been found out, and I would like to think that it won't be ignored if they do it again.

I may be wrong, but from what I can tell, this Liverpool team doesn't exactly scream that it's in dire need of upgrades. As for right now, Chelsea looks like it's being the most ambitious club around when it comes to transfers, so I don't know what they have to worry about in that regard hmm

Liverpool dont need upgrades in any one particular position. Although lot of people would say midfield but it is down to how Klopp has adjusted the team without midfield creativity. In the last few games it seems like Klopp and his team are already focusing on the issue and trying to get midfield more and more involved in the attack, making more frequent runs in the box. But I doubt Klopp would sign anybody specially since we already have options at the club.

But we need someone in the attack and a cover in LB position. Someone young or enough talented who does not want to start all the 38 games of the season, ahead of the usual front three. For the next season, I just cant see Liverpool having enough luck in terms of injury or showing the level of consistency that was possible during the last 2 seasons.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:53 pm

Surprised no one talking about that error by Hawkeye goal line tech that robbed Bournemouth of staying in the PL? Just amazing, if I were Bournemouth I would be livid. Just outrageous how that can be? Too be denied a goal that could well have meant they not relegated. Luck plays a big part sometimes in football, but this is extraordinary?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:25 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Surprised no one talking about that error by Hawkeye goal line tech that robbed Bournemouth of staying in the PL? Just amazing, if I were Bournemouth I would be livid. Just outrageous how that can be? Too be denied a goal that could well have meant they not relegated. Luck plays a big part sometimes in football, but this is extraordinary?

My problem with this logic is that it wasn't on the final day of the season and Bournemouth lost plenty of games after this point. Their future was in their hands and they were not good enough.

Them getting relegated is 100% their fault and it's clutching at straws.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:49 am

danyjr wrote:I think 'outplay' is an incredibly wrong word here but I take your point Laughing

Having looked at their fixtures recently, they have lost a fair few games indeed. City's dominant method of playing often deceives my judgement of their results, and that's been City all season I guess. Often looking godlike in attack but sometimes despite completely dominating a game they haven't been able to capitalise on their chances while leaking goals at the back. Not having Agüero, someone who single-handedly won City quite a few games this season has been a big miss too.

Laporte's introduction back to the starting line-up has also failed to tighten the defense, something that I've insisted times and times again to the point of annoying Arq. In my opinion the system itself is leaky especially with someone like Rodri assuming the DM role. He may have been decent in the more slow and technical La Liga but he hasn't been able to cope with the pace of EPL. He hasn't been able to cover any protection for his defense and I don't get why Pep still insists on playing him. Maybe cause he broke City's transfer record to sign the pleb.

Mate you have goes at Cas for his Mahrez hate and here you are having a go at Laporte. In Laporte 15 games in the PL City have 11 clean sheets and concerned 7 goals, in 23 games without him they have 5 clean sheets and conceded 28, how can someone say he's failed to tighten there defense? Ederson needs to kiss his boot for that golden glove that he won this season if anything and this is while Laporte deals with Mendy and Zinc as his LB who are terrible defensively. I'm not saying he's a god, but don't seem to understand the hate.

Rodri played as a double pivot mostly in his time at Villarreal and Atleti, he's now changed teams/league, new system and a new role this was always going to be a big adjustment for him, he isn't a Ferna, Alonso or Casemiro mold of a player, so unless he has a proper CM beside him playing a single pivot is going to be a tough task unless he changes and adjusted himself. This season some of City convincing performances 2-1 V Madrid and 4-0 V Pool came from him playing in a double pivot with Gundo which shored up City defense a little.

If City want a chance at the CL they need to give up possession play a double pivot and hit on the counter.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:35 pm

lmao this guy
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:25 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Mate you have goes at Cas for his Mahrez hate and here you are having a go at Laporte. In Laporte 15 games in the PL City have 11 clean sheets and concerned 7 goals, in 23 games without him they have 5 clean sheets and conceded 28, how can someone say he's failed to tighten there defense? Ederson needs to kiss his boot for that golden glove that he won this season if anything and this is while Laporte deals with Mendy and Zinc as his LB who are terrible defensively. I'm not saying he's a god, but don't seem to understand the hate.

Rodri played as a double pivot mostly in his time at Villarreal and Atleti, he's now changed teams/league, new system and a new role this was always going to be a big adjustment for him, he isn't a Ferna, Alonso or Casemiro mold of a player, so unless he has a proper CM beside him playing a single pivot is going to be a tough task unless he changes and adjusted himself. This season some of City convincing performances 2-1 V Madrid and 4-0 V Pool came from him playing in a double pivot with Gundo which shored up City defense a little.

If City want a chance at the CL they need to give up possession play a double pivot and hit on the counter.

I have watched City's games more than any other team this season. Their defence this season has not looked any better pre-Laporte than post-Laporte. Did he not start against Chelsea and Arsenal only a few weeks ago? They were leaking left right and centre. Even if the stats back your argument, how is it a feat that he might be playing better than a DM who was used as a CB!

As for Rodri, he will never 'adjust' to playing the kind of role he's been put to play at City. He is a Busquets type and has certain weaknesses that make him unable to play a DM especially in EPL. Agree that double pivot would help him, but it seems like changing a system to satisfy a mediocre player rather than signing a player that fits the system instead.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:36 am

M99 wrote:

lmao this guy

never disappoints
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:57 am

danyjr wrote:I have watched City's games more than any other team this season. Their defence this season has not looked any better pre-Laporte than post-Laporte. Did he not start against Chelsea and Arsenal only a few weeks ago? They were leaking left right and centre. Even if the stats back your argument, how is it a feat that he might be playing better than a DM who was used as a CB!

As for Rodri, he will never 'adjust' to playing the kind of role he's been put to play at City. He is a Busquets type and has certain weaknesses that make him unable to play a DM especially in EPL. Agree that double pivot would help him, but it seems like changing a system to satisfy a mediocre player rather than signing a player that fits the system instead.

It's not a matter of being a feat. You're implying City defense is no different with or without Laporte I provided you with stats which indicate otherwise, because in fact City are a far better team defensively speaking with Laporte then without him. Using the Chelsea/Arsenal game is prime example, did you see the first goal Chelsea scored? Gundo and Mendy falling asleep giving them a run at Ederson, or the second goal Auba scored with Walker not bother in tracking him and then giving him a free run expecting Garcia to take him on a foot race while Walker jogged behind them? Again I'll highlight City have 11 clean sheets in 15 games with him and 5 in 23 without him, he can't always bail his teammates out on brain fart moments, but he clearly general does a good enough job.

Laporte still has to do a lot to prove himself his last outing in Europe against Spurs was a disaster, so I'm not hyping him up as a second coming of Maldini, but it's undeniable that he is City best defender and they will be overall be better defensively with him on the pitch.

I'll give my assessment on Rodri next season, I still feel he could come good for them, but it depends on a few things City look like there going to shuffle up their midfield. The targets their linked to right now seem to go more towards accommodating Rodri.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:35 pm

Fulham promoted.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:34 pm

Welcome back Craven Cottage! always like the atmosphere there. My fondest memory of their history is Damien Duff, Clint Dempsey, Zolten Gera and Danny Murphy running rampant over Fergie's United
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:15 am

2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV - Page 10 Shutterstock_editorial_1150732f

welcome back ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:56 am

[/quote]
Firenze wrote:2019/2020 Premier League Discussion: Chapter IV - Page 10 Shutterstock_editorial_1150732f

welcome back ffs

One of the best days ever Proud Proud

Dempsey Proud
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:48 am

Wonder if Raya will play for Brentford again? 100% cost them promotion.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next