Thimmy
chad4401
futbol_bill
Doc
Mr Nick09
35 posters

Page 19 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 39  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Myesyats Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:41 pm

I remember reading that Barca has a first refusal option on Endrick and Kaiky hmm

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:59 pm

Do Barca still have friends in Brazil?

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:11 pm

Still nothing on Tchouameni?

He's now being linked to Liverpool. Just wanted to know if we are in the mix as well.

Marca wrote about him a month ago, but since then, nothing.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:16 pm

Unclear. Tchouameni is going to take the biggest offer in terms of money, that's for certain. He has no big preference.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:21 pm

I also think he would want guarantees in regards to playing time. I hope the lack of minutes for Cama won't discourage him from joining.

Good players in his position are a rare breed nowadays, we shouldn't let him go to someone else.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:06 pm

Madrid were supposed to be taking with him this week. The rumors about Liverpool just started. They also were interested in Bellingham, but Bellingham is not as highly regarded and much younger. The overall cost for Rudgier hasn’t been that large and with the dropping of signing Haaland, there are funds available, plus there is the inevitable funds from sales. Also, Liverpool isn’t known as huge spenders unlike some of the other EPL teams.

Bottom line, I don’t think we will be outbid.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:18 pm

I'm not familiar with Tchouameni at all. I did a quick Google search and it says he's a DM. Well, that makes sense. I really love Bellingham as a player, but he's a CM. We already have Camavinga and Valverde who are seeing little playing time as it is.

I don't understand how signing another young CM would make sense, unless we assume that they're all willing to rotate or get loaned out when they should be getting game time - which reminds me of the Martin Ødegaard situation. If there's one player I wish we had kept, it's him. I'm absolutely loving what he's doing at Arsenal these days. We would've absolutely had use for him now, but I also understand why he opted not to stay.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:50 pm

Hi Thimmy. There is another thread on Tchouameni re Liverpool interest and there are a couple of posts from Mcagger discussing Various midfielders. Among them is Bellingham. The news I heard re him is old, maybe as far back as a couple of months ago.

But the talk about Tchouameni is real and current. They began talks at roughly the same time as with Rudiger.

The other news re midfield is Carlo has reportedly ask for Ceballos!! To be renewed. That one really puzzles me as we are already talking about 6 midfielders and a little while ago there was talk of adding Blanco, a guy Carlo said not that long ago was a possible solution to backing up Casemiro. Yet when the need has arisen in past couple of weeks, Blanco doesn’t even make it to squad list?

Meanwhile Ceballos wasn’t sold last summer because of a severe foot injury he sustain in youth seleccion tournament. Now Carlo is expressing satisfaction with his attitude and play (the same guy that was loaned before Odegaard because of his attitude!). There had been interest in both Betis and an Italian team, i think it was Milan. He has said he would like to go back to Betis, however now apparently, Pellingrini has got his new signing objective on Isco. With Canales already there, I can’t see that route to Betis available for Ceballos.

I see your point re Carlo not playing Valverde, Camavinga, Tchouameni. Who knows. One can only hope.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:34 am

My problem with Tchouameni is the problem we've had for backups for Benz and Casemiro. These backups will barely see the light of the day because those players are very crucial.

From what I've seen and read from comments of people who watched him, he's a DM who's very good on the ball, press resistant and a good tackler. Something very useful especially in the modern game. Different from Casemiro who we all know is not a good passer nor good when pressed heavily. But his others qualities make him one of the best in his position and its very important to our teams balance

I don't think he will sign for us unless he's confident he can usurp Casemiro in the lineup. He certainly would start for a club like United and they'll pay him what he wants. I doubt the club sells Casemiro and hedge their bets on Tchouameni. He's still 30 yrs old with about 3-5 years left in his prime.

Either he accepts a bench role or be a starter somewhere else
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:57 pm

You’re ignoring the fact that Casemiro has had a poor season! Plus your assumption that players can continue to age 35, lol. This summer is all about rebuilding the team to compete at the top top level. We need more than just Mbappe.

The signing of Rudiger, solves defense issues for 3 positions. Signing of Cavani, as a reliable backup to Benz, plus of course Mbappe solves the forward positions. And signing Tchouameni gives them the midfield of the future. The issue will be up to Carlo to handle this. There are already are signs he is up to the task. It is reported that it was him that asked for both Rudiger and Tchouameni. And now he is asking for renewing Ceballos, I assume as extra insurance of the midfield of future.

If they get Tchouameni, the rebuild is complete except for RB. And with that there are two possibilities. Using Vinicius Tobias, who they already have (late signing from Ukraine disaster) or buying Reese James from ownerless Chelsea.

Also note, all of these signings are financially achievable.

Also - what’s this about a fit for United? They aren’t even mentioned about any interest let alone pursuit. It’s just Liverpool and RMad.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:52 pm

Hey, Bill! Yeah, Tchouameni makes sense considering the issues we've had when Casemiro's been unavailable. It's Bellingham that seems a bit strange to me. He's a genuinely talented player and seems to be incredibly mature for his age. It's quite rare that I watch British players that actually live up to their hype to some extent, but Bellingham has been a convincingly standout performer ever since Dortmund started giving him regular playing time. I think it still remains to be seen how consistent he is over a longer period of time, but he's already a highly rated player at only 18 or 19 years old.

I had expected Bellingham's form to drop off at some point, but he's been consistent during Haaland's injury absences, and he doesn't seem to lose his motivation when the rest of the team is performing poorly, which they do frequently these days. I just don't understand why we would go after another young CM when we already have Valverde and Camavinga on the books, not to mention two midfield veterans who are still starters in that position despite the increasing irregularity in their performance levels.

I assume, at the very least, one of our existing midfielders would have to leave in order to make room for Bellingham, unless we intend to purchase him for the sake of turning a profit on his re-sale. I can't think of any other reason why we'd want to stack our midfield any further. I don't suppose any of those 5 are willing to sit on the bench until a crisis occurs. Especially, not an 18-19 year old who's been thriving under the confidence shown by his current manager. So, I assume the Bellingham link is part of the rumor mill rather than something that's likely to materialize in the near future
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:34 pm

Thimmy, i believe the mention of Bellingham was earlier on when they were talking about midfield of future when both Bellingham and Tchouameni were mentioned. No approaches were made at that time. Since then, both Camavinga and Valverde have played well when given opportunity and Carlo started to use both more. Also very recently Ceballos has played well, to the point that Carlo has asked for him to be renewed. I suspect the strategy is to have an extra midfield and therefore keep pressure on Valverde and Camavinga. I firmly believe the pursuit of Tchouameni is real and that we have the advantage over Liverpool. I also believe Carlo has gained trust in the kids and next season we will have rotation. I believe the extremely thin squad (only 18 players regularly used) has demonstrated a lot to Carlo, in terms of weaknesses and need to have a bigger squad. A bigger “trusted” squad leads to rotations. That’s why I also think the pursuit of Cavani is part of this strategy. This way Benz, Modric, Kroos and Casemiro can contribute what they can, and safely ease their workloads.

I also think that Carlo is much better with man management and use of kids than Zidane. The players, all from what I can see except for Bale and Hazard, maybe Jovic trust Carlo.

Example look no further than Isco and Marcelo. Both realize their careers at Madrid are over, yet they both have stepped up when needed.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun May 29, 2022 1:28 pm

Are we linked with any RW?
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun May 29, 2022 2:33 pm

LeVersacci wrote:Are we linked with any RW?

A few names have been mentioned but nothing apparently from club. I think the priority is or should be a competent backup to Benzema! I’m still hoping they get Raul de Tomas.

All eyes are now on the signing of Tchouaméni. If they get him, i can see them talking Ceballos into staying or going after Fabián as a 7th midfielder and play a lot of 4 midfielders with Benz and Vini up front. They do have Rodrygo and Lucas when they revert to the traditional 4-4-3.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 29, 2022 3:26 pm

Camavinga: Iprefer to play as a [No.] 6, in front of the defence, but I [also] like to play as a [No.] 8, and wherever the coach puts me I'll give my best."

hmm. This could change things
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun May 29, 2022 4:06 pm

I've always wanted a physical yet technical Makalele/Essien-Ballack-Lampard type of midfield that could interchange positions, Tchouameni could help complete that going forward based on the little that i've seen of him, but regardless of who we get we do need at least one more young, physical yet technical elite midfield prospect to accompany Valverde and Camavinga going forward. From the little I have seen of Tchouameni, he looks more limited in range than Valverde or Camavinga, more akin to Casemiro but with faster legs and more press resistant, aka not as stiff with his body, can turn more easily. Doesn't look too out of the ordinary with his passing but probably functional at the.least. Going forward I'd prefer a 6 who is not too stiff to the turn, that is probably Casemiro's major weakness. Prefer someone who could help facilitate different team play styles.

A good young elite CM prospect, a very good RW to compete with Rodrygo, a very good ST who could keep us afloat if Benz is out, and a functional RB back up at the least would be solid.

I would see if Ceballos has anything else to show but with 7 potential midfielders that would be tough. Could Kubo turn into an Iniesta or Isco type of midfield tool? Next season will be key for Reinier Jesus. Weird player who I think needs to move into midfield, not a winger or a striker .

Last edited by The Madrid One on Sun May 29, 2022 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun May 29, 2022 4:09 pm

I might add re RW, that I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a breakout year from Rodrygo. Remember he is a full year younger than Vini and he was rated higher than Vini in Brazil. Compare Rodrygo this year to Vini last year. Although started developing, we were all saying headless player with no finish. With Rodrygo we are saying he doesn’t create. Then the next year, Vini broke out. Is it possible same happens with Rodrygo?

I think if they play 4-4-2 a lot, that affords time for Rodrygo to continue his development when they switch to 4-3-3.

Also the 4 man mid, allows Hazard to contribute, as part of 4 man mid, IF he is finally ready to prove his value!

Bottom line, if they get Tchouameni and a competent CF backup, we just may have the missing pieces on hand already.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun May 29, 2022 5:32 pm

The Madrid One wrote:I've always wanted a physical yet technical Makalele/Essien-Ballack-Lampard type of midfield that could interchange positions, Tchouameni could help complete that going forward based on the little that i've seen of him, but regardless of who we get we do need at least one more young, physical yet technical elite midfield prospect to accompany Valverde and Camavinga going forward. From the little I have seen of Tchouameni, he looks more limited in range than Valverde or Camavinga, more akin to Casemiro but with faster legs and more press resistant, aka not as stiff with his body, can turn more easily. Doesn't look too out of the ordinary with his passing but probably functional at the.least. Going forward I'd prefer a 6 who is not too stiff to the turn, that is probably Casemiro's major weakness. Prefer someone who could help facilitate different team play styles.

A good young elite CM prospect, a very good RW to compete with Rodrygo, a very good ST who could keep us afloat if Benz is out, and a functional RB back up at the least would be solid.

I would see if Ceballos has anything else to show but with 7 potential midfielders that would be tough. Could Kubo turn into an Iniesta or Isco type of midfield tool? Next season will be key for Reinier Jesus. Weird player who I think needs to move into midfield, not a winger or a striker .

MTO, both Kubo and Reiner are more likely to be sold. Reiner just hasn’t played nor impressed in two years. Kubo has only been so so with a bottom team. Reports are Ceballos will go to Betis if Tchouameni is signed.i suggested earlier club may go with 7 midfielders (Ceballos or Fabián) if they plan to play (some) 4-4-2, which solves the dilemma of playing both Casemiro and Tchouameni.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Sun May 29, 2022 7:32 pm

The 4-4-2 with Valverde as RM works in big games against attacking teams where we play on the counter. But against the average team that will be the ones to sit deep against us i.e. most of our games? it's too defensive imo.

I think we'll continue to mainly play 4-3-3, sign a new RW to replace Asensio and compete with Rodrygo.

I still think we need to sign a new RB despite Carvajal rolling back the years and having a great end to the season. I wonder if we could unsettle Cancelo? Out of all the elite RB's, he has the highest chance of leaving imo. City doesn't hold their players hostage (PSG with Hakimi) and Cancelo also isn't an academy graduate (Reece and TAA). In addition, he is Portuguese so he will probably prefer to play for Madrid in Spain rather than Manchester.
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon May 30, 2022 10:19 pm

Dunno who this tchouameni guy is but it seems we're rolling in deep for his transfer.

Is he a dm worthy to backup and replace casemiro?

I'd like to keep ceballos but I don't see it happening

Transfer news is slow today.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Tue May 31, 2022 2:52 am

I admittedly do not watch Ligue 1 or Monaco. Some say hes a 6, some say hes an 8. All i know is highly regarded.

Casemiro just played a fantastic game in the final. I cant see Tchouameni immediately replacing him

Honestly im afraid we might keep seeing Fede at RW if we dont sign a RW. 3 man mid being rotated between KCM and Tchouameni and Camavinga
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue May 31, 2022 1:22 pm

Oh I think they will sign someone, however I think the idea seems to be sign a CF who can play RW, that way we don’t need to sign two! RW then will be new signee, Rodrygo and Lucas …….. Valverde.

As for other moves, they are still talking about bring back Fran as a 3rd LB (and I think the idea is not to have a replacement for Vallejo as they have enough CB support within the lineup, keeping defense number at 8. They need Fran to meet the ‘home grown ‘ quota.
Also there are rumours of using Odriozola as backup to Carvajal! What kind of year did he have at Florentina? Looks like they will leave Vinicius Tobias at Castilla.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Tue May 31, 2022 5:36 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Oh I think they will sign someone, however I think the idea seems to be sign a CF who can play RW, that way we don’t need to sign two! RW then will be new signee, Rodrygo and Lucas …….. Valverde.

As for other moves, they are still talking about bring back Fran as a 3rd LB (and I think the idea is not to have a replacement for Vallejo as they have enough CB support within the lineup, keeping defense number at 8. They need Fran to meet the ‘home grown ‘ quota.
Also there are rumours of using Odriozola as backup to Carvajal! What kind of year did he have at Florentina? Looks like they will leave Vinicius Tobias at Castilla.

I think Gnabry fits the CF/RW role no? I see Nkunku but hes very pricey and bundesliga tax

Maybe Yeremy Pino
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue May 31, 2022 6:13 pm

One report says either Gnabry or Bernardo Silva (although the latter maybe just to get under Mystats skin!).

If they truly want one guy who can cover both positions, it does sound like Gnabry. We’ll have to wait at least a week though as the priority is to finish with Monaco for Tchouameńi.

I suspect also next is to get on with the exits and get responses out of Asensio and Ceballos ( to which I think the signing from Monaco will confirm it for him). The only others are Jovic and Vallejo. And lol, on one hand, there are statements of Mariano on that sale list so last night came a clear statement that he intends to fulfill his final year of his contract. It is what it is, but at least club can count him in meeting the ‘home grown’ quota.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Tue May 31, 2022 6:51 pm

Perucho21 wrote:I admittedly do not watch Ligue 1 or Monaco. Some say hes a 6, some say hes an 8. All i know is highly regarded.

Casemiro just played a fantastic game in the final. I cant see Tchouameni immediately replacing him

Honestly im afraid we might keep seeing Fede at RW if we dont sign a RW. 3 man mid being rotated between KCM and Tchouameni and Camavinga

I really like how the middle is being prioritized

I can see Kroos being the player on the bubble. He is great at passing but his energy and physical game is waning.

With all the departures. The squad has some room for more.

Valverde is somewhat wasted out right.

In the middle he dominates. Hopefully he doesn't become a utility man and cements a place in the midfield
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 39  Next