Thimmy
chad4401
futbol_bill
Doc
Mr Nick09
35 posters

Page 11 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 39  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:19 am

Alaba doesn’t particularly cares about coming to Madrid, don’t believe the Spanish medias lol

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:45 am

Perez will not destabilise the wage structure for anyone

He let Ronaldo go when he asked for too much and was prepared to do the same with Ramos when he too asked for too much. These two are the best in history in their positions

If Alaba is only thinking about his last paycheck then RM will not be his new home. Most likely PSG along with Mbappe who too only thinks about his salary

Like Nick said, Alaba is not worth the negative repercussions his signing might bring. Right now our priority is to renew Ramos. Period

Haaland is a player we desperately need
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:00 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Haaland is a player we desperately need

Haaland is fantastic, but Real Madrid already have a promising talent in Jovic who still 5 years left of his deal. There's no signs of him being interested to leave. Also, Benzema is still performing at elite level and isn't slowing down anytime soon.

If anything, Mbappe is a much more needed as Real Madrid don't have any productive inside forward.

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:31 am

Jovic hasn't really convinced anyone yet
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:58 pm

Haaland's exit clause, per Thimmy, is still 1-2 years away... which is perfect timing to transition away from benz who will slow down by the age of 35.

We need wing players and inside forwards... like very badly.  Not only has Jovic not worked out yet (who isn't a winger or inside forward; but just saying).  Neither has Hazard.  And not that we should have expected anything from teenagers...  but Vini and Rodrygo are still too wet behind the ears.  Asensio needs time to really get going after the injury and Isco is gone.

We have some immense issues up front.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:09 pm

If we sign somehow can pull Haaland and Mbappe over the next two years then that’s all of your issues resolved, the third attacking piece just need to be a good crosser lol.

But that’s one hell of a pipe dream, mainly because I think Dortmund will sell Haaland to the highest bidder next summer
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:17 pm

Hazard when fit will be a very good player for you though

could see Mbappé staying to play with Messi, Neymar, and Alaba

Zidane won't be around long enough to be able to reel in Mbappé
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:54 pm

Lol as if Messi will leave

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:55 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Lol as if Messi will leave

Exactly what I'm thinking. He'll stay.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:51 am

Lol we not getting Haaland  and mbappe only will come if he really wants to. If he follows the money, then obviously not because we cant compete with the EPL. Gotta stick to the teenage signings and we should go after camivanga soon before it's too late

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:52 am

@Nick: https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2021/01/02/5fefb016ca4741c0408b45b3.html

Spoiler:
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:07 pm

This is interesting. While I think Alaba is a good player to have its definitely not worth paying him his high wages, unless he is signing for less than what he's asking for
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:33 pm

Perucho21 wrote:This is interesting. While I think Alaba is a good player to have its definitely not worth paying him his high wages, unless he is signing for less than what he's asking for

Well you can assume that he won't sign for less money than what we were ready to offer.
And I would estimate we were going somewhere around 8-9m net which he didn't deem enough to renew.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:48 pm

The story is coming from a part of Marca that is always petaling transfer bs news.

Remember this is Flo’s team that doesn’t make any transfers in January and his multiple public statements that there will be no transfers until next summer.

If this story has any truth to if, it would be for next June or July.

And if it does happen, who does he replace on squad? Keep in mind the squad numbers are full!
Militao? Possibility if they are agreeing Militao hasn’t worked out!
Marcelo? Again possibility if he retires, but that would mean he is a LB, at least partially and also makes Nacho be backup for CB and LB.
And what are the implications to Varane, both by his position and salary?

And DoC, no way Ramos isn’t renewing. The discussions are friending, the only issue is 1 year or 2 year term!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:49 pm

It's not a transfer in January @futbol_bill

it's a free signing in July
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:50 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:@Nick: https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2021/01/02/5fefb016ca4741c0408b45b3.html

Spoiler:
I’m watching what happens with Varane next, no talks of his contract being renewed. I’m less worried about Ramos.
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Perucho21 wrote:This is interesting. While I think Alaba is a good player to have its definitely not worth paying him his high wages, unless he is signing for less than what he's asking for

Well you can assume that he won't sign for less money than what we were ready to offer.
And I would estimate we were going somewhere around 8-9m net which he didn't deem enough to renew.
Marcia are talking about an amount slightly above 10 millions net, which is reasonable. I had read he was looking up to 15 mil recently which I thought was insane for us.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:55 pm

Nick, when does Varane's current contract run out?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:51 am

futbol_bill wrote:Nick, when does Varane's current contract run out?

Summer of 2022. So either we extend him or sell him this summer... but as Nick said, there's not talk of renewal.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:52 am

Also, PSG will outbid us for Alaba...  so I don't think that one is likely to happen.

And frankly, I'd rather we save every penny for forwards and, if Varane leaves, a CB.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:52 am

Based on how he has been performing the last couple years, I wouldn't lose any sleep over Varane leaving tbh. If he wants to leave, he's free to do so.

As for Alaba, I really want him to come, but if that would mean Madrid entering in a bidding war with PSG, then he's not worth it.

Like sports said, we need to save everything we have on forwards.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:11 pm

I still don’t understand why we’re being linked to midfielders and fullbacks. I was under the impression that a lack of a clinical and consistent goalscorer was our primary issue. Has that changed over the past few months? I suppose we still have Jovic, but it’s been quite clear to me from the start that Zidane never had much faith in him. The guy was third choice after only having spent a few months here, including the time spent being injured ffs Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:05 pm

In my opinion Alaba is definitely a needed purchase if one of Ramos or Varane doesn't renew. However, both need to be renewed asap. Ramos is our captain and you won't find any better replacements for Varane that matches his experience and quality, unless you spend over 100 million on someone like De Ligt but Perez is not going to spend that much on a defender Laughing

Renew both. If PSG outbids us for Alaba, no worries.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:07 pm

Humm... you could argue that if both your starting CBs are playing hardball to renew their contracts, for whatever reasons, securing a player of the same level for free gives you outstanding leverage in contract negotiations.

1) you just demonstrated you have a guy signed that will take their spot, so you won’t bend sideways to retain them

2) if everyone stays there is enough versatility in the squad to fit all

I have little doubt Ramos will renew, I don’t think he wants to go anywhere. For Varane, it might be a case that he just wants a new experience, having won everything in Madrid at such a young age, which makes sense.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:26 pm

Looks like they are interested in Pau Torres if Marca is to be believed. Either that or they are just trying to make Ramos believe they are ready to move on.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:00 am

i want varane to stay, its not easy to sign defenders these days ,i'd still hold unto varane for what its worth
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:49 am

Agreed I hope he doesn’t leave but contract ending in 2022 and no contract talks. He may want to be somewhere else or they have already agreed to discuss contract renewals at a later date.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 39  Next