Thimmy
titosantill
Doc
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sevilla vs Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: Sevilla vs Real Madrid

Post by Doc Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:09 pm

On the flip side, Mendy was wonderful with his defensive contribution. Can we have a Mendy for the right please?

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:53 pm

Doc, I agree.

Mendy was good today.I am happy with the kid so far.
Makaveli
Makaveli
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:53 pm

people may not like this, but with what we have right now, the plan should be to play total defense and whip as many crosses into the box as possible. that should be our plan, at least in the league. the idea of total defense needs everyone except the striker, who should be awaiting the crosses, to be committed to it. it is dull it isn't interesting, but if it can get us 3 points, i'd say go for it
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:40 am

If we can find a way to get Jovic into that scheme, the death by crosses would actually be not so bad. Also, 3 points is 3 points regardless of how you attain it. There are no style points in the current league format.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:47 am

I feel we should have a tactic for home games another one for away games... that defensive tactic should be the one for all away ones. At home, we need to be more enterprising.

FYI, this was the idea against PSG. Unfortunately, Courtois allowed a soft goal to start, Militao was very rusty AND, with all of PSG's injuries, i got the feeling that we didn't take them seriously enough.... lacked intensity.

We're not a bad team. Hazard can't be this shitty forever and Jovic is going to score a few. Also, Modric is a better CM than James no matter how off form he is... so when he comes back, we should be better there.

I actually think we're fine. I don't really form any opinions that are set in stone until November anyhow.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:57 am

James will keep his spot sports. He is showing a side to his game that has improved immensely which is his athleticism and work rate.

Kroos will be dropped i feel. His legs are gone and he is making errors in the attack.

This was a solid defensive performance. I guess ZZ saw my post or was thinking the same thing. We are a team built for a pragmatic style. Selective pressing and packing the midfield will work much better with this team. We have the players to play on the counter but create individual brilliance.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:42 pm

Kroos is making errors in attack? I haven't seen those.

I think people don't see and appreciate Kroos' value in the team.

He won't be dropped. Zidane rates him very highly.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:46 pm

sportsczy wrote:I feel we should have a tactic for home games another one for away games... that defensive tactic should be the one for all away ones. At home, we need to be more enterprising.

FYI, this was the idea against PSG. Unfortunately, Courtois allowed a soft goal to start, Militao was very rusty AND, with all of PSG's injuries, i got the feeling that we didn't take them seriously enough.... lacked intensity.

We're not a bad team. Hazard can't be this shitty forever and Jovic is going to score a few. Also, Modric is a better CM than James no matter how off form he is... so when he comes back, we should be better there.

I actually think we're fine. I don't really form any opinions that are set in stone until November anyhow.

Wasn’t it you who said Zidane tanked the game against PSG to send a message to board!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:08 pm

Cyborg wrote:Kroos is making errors in attack? I haven't seen those.

I think people don't see and appreciate Kroos' value in the team.

He won't be dropped. Zidane rates him very highly.

I like kroos a lot but he is not adventurous with his passes, always going back and sideways he is not the only one who does it, but he does it most and it's predictable what he wants to do, he clearly cares about his passing percentage, but that doesn't win games watch carefully when he is on the ball benzema and bale make runs, yet he always passing sideways and back.

That one of the reasons why the attack is struggling, the ball moves too slow in midfield, James shouldn't be the only mid in the squad that can make consistent through passes, recycling possession over and over hurts the teams more than it helps, more
defined roles and tasked would clear up a lot of confusion, speed up ball movement than players dwelling cause their unsure where to pass next.

chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:28 pm

sportsczy wrote:I feel we should have a tactic for home games another one for away games... that defensive tactic should be the one for all away ones. At home, we need to be more enterprising.

This based nothing other than the fact that Zz tried to ruin and chase James out of the team, James is clearly playing as AM, he is best one in the team, a very good passers of the ball, reads the game well and he is putting in massive defensive contributions, no way in hell modric should bench him, wasn't modric considered done recently what happened to that narrative? Keep trying to justify Zz bs, even when James is playing his heart out for him typical Laughing.

Jovic will score couple get the made up "real 9" rubbish you guys cling too for dear life and hazard once he get going you can overrate the hell outta him, just for the sake of not giving certain player any credit. Proud
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2