Warrior
Hapless_Hans
RealGunner
22 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Canadian politics Empty Canadian politics

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:07 pm

We don't have a single thread on Canada??

So..Trudeau then?

I am sorry to say but he is finished.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Canadian politics Empty Re: Canadian politics

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:18 pm

I don't know man

having worn brown paint in his face and a turban on an 'Arabian nights' themed party? 18 years ago?

And he should what, quit as PM for that?

Sorry but nah
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:31 pm

Fuck Justin Trudeau

He's a fraud PM and everything he does is ridiculous. His biggest legacy is to legalize marijuana between 2 selfies Laughing apart from that he's just a sanctimonious liar who is "the son of..."

For the first time in my life i might take time to vote just to kick him out. But idk for who i'd vote, conservatives seem to be closest to my personal values but their previous government was as crooked as liberals.

- NDP are leftists clowns
- Bloc Quebecois is a dead party with no power and internal problems
- A vote for the Green Party is a waste of time

So it's either a strategic vote for Conservatives or i'll stay home. If medias says it will be close i might go, if Trudeau gets a drop in surveys i won't bother.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:38 pm

the cancel culture shows how stupid people are. braindead..... there's no logic in defining Trudeau's whole career by one party 20 years ago

but from what I undesrtand he wore blackface on multiple occasions, thats quite weird
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:42 pm

Not even aware there was a blackface scandal. But i can't say i'm surprised. He is unable to avoid a controversy because he is so fake.

We are talking of a man who would do EVERYTHING for exposure. Even falling down the stairs on purpose would you believe (when i get home on my computer i will share the link you guys will laugh)

This man is an embarassment for Canada.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:13 pm

Laughing Laughing

Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by elfmeter Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:49 pm

Just saw this thread as I was about to shut down for the evening. Voting for the Green Party is not a waste, if enough people do it, they will continue to grow. I dont trust politicians period and I have no time for politics as nothing really changes, regardless who is in power, but at least voting Green sends a message that you care about the future. That is my theory.

I got nothing against Trudeau, he legalized weed, which is a good thing and I dont mean that as pot head, but as someone who thinks criminalizing weed is as stupid as prohibition for so many reason, if not just for the tax benefit and freeing up the police and courts.

As for the blackface or brown face or whatever, in this day and age it is going to get him in trouble, but where do you draw the line? If I dress up as an old person for a party, am I an elder abuser or if I dress up as woman for Halloween am I anti women? OK, I do hate old people, but I am OK with women, as long as their not really old.
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:30 pm

If you're going into politics, you need to be prepared for the racist shit you did 18 years ago to be eventually found and exposed. Trudeau was just the latest in a long line of culturally ignorant white politicians arrogant enough to think this would never become a big story and now his political career is on the ropes. I have no sympathy for him.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:19 am

I don't think old blackface photos are enough reason to resign, but this might cost him votes in the upcoming election.

It is kinda weird, tho, that blackface seemed to be his go-to thing in costume parties.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:23 am

McLewis you really think Trudeau did this as a racist slur ? I certainly don't, if he has ONE quality, it's that he isn't racist. In Canada the "blackface" was not well known until few years ago. Or maybe i was too young, but i think it's purely ignorance.

Elfmeter since when you live in Canada ? weed (possession and even selling) was a grey zone before it was legalized. Harder drugs are prohibited but weed was more or less tolerated. Nobody got into serious trouble for weed unless you were caught driving under influence. I got caught many times smoking weed by police and never had any problem, just warnings. Trudeau legalized because him, his friends, and many other politics have invested in marijuana producers and they made hundred thousands of $$$ out of it.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:24 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:I don't know man

having worn brown paint in his face and a turban on an 'Arabian nights' themed party? 18 years ago?

Sorry but nah
he doesn't have to quit as pm, these pics were released as soon as he started his re election campaign

The media is making a big deal of this but I can't imagine it will make much of a difference with voters
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:58 am

Warrior wrote:McLewis you really think Trudeau did this as a racist slur ? I certainly don't, if he has ONE quality, it's that he isn't racist. In Canada the "blackface" was not well known until few years ago. Or maybe i was too young, but i think it's purely ignorance.

To be frank, I won't try to decipher what he was thinking when he did this. Only he knows what he was thinking and why he thought this was a good idea. All I know is that blackface is racist, full stop. It's no different to me than stretching ones eyes to make them look slanted. He may be Canadian, but the minstrel shows were definitely a thing in Canada so it's history of blackface is as old as America's. As an educated man of privilege, Trudeau should've known this. Ignorance is an inadequate justification.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:17 am

What a time to be alive huh.

People are just complete idiots. And I'm not talking about Trudeau.

I just have no idea what a blackface is and I might have done stuff like this as well while not having a single racist cell within me. I just don't think of it that way, it's just colour, who cares which one. To me people are just people.

But now everyone just want to brand you. You did that? You must be racist. Well perhaps you did that just because your thought process isn't on such a pathetic wavelength to even think of it that way. Maybe I just dressed up as an African person in the same way I would have put blonde hair and tits if I masked up as a Swedish female. Fortunately this is a boys forum or I'd be accused of sexism right now.

People want to be offended, this is what the present has programmed them to do. They need to be offended to give themselves a sense of importance in this world.

How the fuck did humanity get so badly brainwashed? Why is this even a thing?

The media literally programs every single person who are in the minority for some reason to get offended at every slightest thing they can and puts them in a neverending circle, back and forth.

Step out of this circle. Don't be idiots.

However that is a stretch as we live in a time of idiocy. The main problem is that social media and internet has given everyone a platform to be heard, and they are taught that their opinion is just as good as everyones. While that sounds noble, it is not. Why? Because one educated opinion is better than a million of uneducated ones, unfortunately the sensible one gets drowned by the other ones, and everybody's an expert today.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:32 pm

McLewis wrote:
Warrior wrote:McLewis you really think Trudeau did this as a racist slur ? I certainly don't, if he has ONE quality, it's that he isn't racist. In Canada the "blackface" was not well known until few years ago. Or maybe i was too young, but i think it's purely ignorance.

To be frank, I won't try to decipher what he was thinking when he did this. Only he knows what he was thinking and why he thought this was a good idea. All I know is that blackface is racist, full stop. It's no different to me than stretching ones eyes to make them look slanted. He may be Canadian, but the minstrel shows were definitely a thing in Canada so it's history of blackface is as old as America's. As an educated man of privilege, Trudeau should've known this. Ignorance is an inadequate justification.

Does this have any relationship with blackface/minstrel shows though? At least in the pictures I've seen, he's dressed up in brown in an Arabian outfit. Personally, I don't see the relationship between that and minstrel shows, which afaik were particularly targeting black people. Most media outlets are calling it "brownface", which is not really a thing, and not "blackface". Unless we are arguing that using skin paint to depict another race is racist in all its forms?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:26 pm

Sorry but nah

Obviously not, there's an election next month Laughing but he wasn't in a terribly strong position before and obviously those pictures are not going to help him.

And if he loses the election he IS finished.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:29 pm

Let's be honest. This is typical "Social Media News". 90 % of the population haven't heard about this "issue" or don't care.

Vibe is correct. Too many irrelevant idiots on Twitter etc. spreading and discussing irrelevant nonsense which does not matter to anyone.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:41 pm

The absurdity is that Trudeau is already a hate figure of the extreme right with his "we say peoplekind, not mankind" political correctness gone mad quote. Now the left is supposed to hate him as well for dressing up on a party.

The first politically correct gender neutral Nazi in mankind ... sorrry peoplekind.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:14 pm

zigra wrote:

Sorry but nah

Obviously not, there's an election next month Laughing but he wasn't in a terribly strong position before and obviously those pictures are not going to help him.

And if he loses the election he IS finished.

Right, I didn't really grasp that there's an election so soon though I must have read it.
Yeah, well, he's pretty much a clown isn't he, so I won't shed a tear.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:43 pm

It really is a case of "the biter being bit" Laughing Laughing
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:47 pm

Warrior wrote:- Bloc Quebecois is a dead party with no power and internal problems
What happened? They used to be pretty strong.

Trudeau has been facing troubles for some time. I think there was some discontent (and some resignation) as he tried to suppress some investigation on some Corporation/Government Contract.

Don't have faintest idea about Canada politics but Trudeau seemed to be a world apart from his predecessor.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:59 pm

Cant tell who is more angry/delusional. "Trolls on Twitter" about black face or white people reacting to minorities being offended hmm

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:05 pm

There is also a group who are offended that minorities are not offended by this...
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:12 pm

There must be a group of minorities who are offended that white people are offended for minorities

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:35 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
McLewis wrote:

Does this have any relationship with blackface/minstrel shows though? At least in the pictures I've seen, he's dressed up in brown in an Arabian outfit. Personally, I don't see the relationship between that and minstrel shows, which afaik were particularly targeting black people. Most media outlets are calling it "brownface", which is not really a thing, and not "blackface". Unless we are arguing that using skin paint to depict another race is racist in all its forms?

The Arabian Nights one? No, I think that's the one they are labeling "brownface" even though he painted his skin literally black. There are 2 other pictures that have popped up though. Both blackface.

I think it boils down to this for me: No one would be painting their face a different color to represent a difference race. It may have come out of place of reverence or even out of humor (like White Chicks), but to me every single instance of it, no matter who does it or why, is disrespectful to the ethnicity portrayed. Plenty of Middle Eastern folks have spoke up in defense of Trudeau and that's fine. I see it differently.

If Trudeau wanted to "honor" Arabian Nights, dressing up as Aladdin was enough. He absolutely did not have to paint his skin to make it look more "authentic". I'll never understand the thought process of anyone who thinks it's ok to paint their face to play act as another ethnicity. It makes absolutely no logical or moral sense.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:05 pm

McLewis wrote:  I'll never understand the thought process of anyone who thinks it's ok to paint their face to play act as another ethnicity. It makes absolutely no logical or moral sense.

I don't know what's so tough to understand about this tbh.
If you dress up as another person, you strive to emulate what's striking, or defining, about the way they look.
And if you go in costume as an stereotypical figure, you will try to wear the corresponding stereotypical attributes.

Nothing about this is illogical or immoral unless you consider the  concept of costume, or acting, or pretending, nonsensical and amoral.

That white people stereotyping black people in 'blackface' has a very hurtful history written in the history of racism and exploitation is of course also part of that.
But it's surely not the basic fact that white people dressed up as black people that was immoral and what is considered offensive about blackface, but the remorseless propagation of racist stereotypes and degrading images that these impersonations were delivering.

"Arabian Nights" themed parties are more in the history of Western fascination with 'orientalism' than they would be in the history of "blackface", although of course surely there are some parallels, and I'm not meaning to suggest that this wouldn't be offensive.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next