Hapless_Hans
Twoism
urbaNRoots
Jay29
RealGunner
38 posters

Page 3 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23 ... 44  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Fri May 24, 2019 4:38 pm

I don't want to imagine a summer where we lose Ramsey AND Koscielny. They're two of our most loyal and best players in the last decade. And Koscielny on his last legs is still twice the defender Mustafi is.

From what I've read, Umtiti's knees are huge concern.

In other news, we're sending scouts to watch Joachim Andersen and Denis Praet during Sampdoria's last game this weekend, apparently:

http://www.ansa.it/sito/notizie/sport/calcio/2019/05/24/samp-lunedi-incontro-giampaolo-ferrero_b3bc7297-ae10-4a5d-826d-fb99ba0c2bfc.html

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sina Fri May 24, 2019 5:04 pm

Rob Holding>>>>Joachim Andersen
would take Preat as a squad option
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat May 25, 2019 12:40 am

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat May 25, 2019 9:36 am

Maitland-Niles, Guendouzi, Torreira, Maurice, Martinelli, Nketiah, Smith Rowe, Nelson, Saka... seems like Project Youth 2.0 is going to be a thing. I'm okay with this. hmm

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 25, 2019 2:24 pm

Jay29 wrote:Maitland-Niles, Guendouzi, Torreira, Maurice, Martinelli, Nketiah, Smith Rowe, Nelson, Saka... seems like Project Youth 2.0 is going to be a thing. I'm okay with this. hmm

I don't have faith in this type of approach anymore.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat May 25, 2019 5:15 pm

Jay29 wrote:Maitland-Niles, Guendouzi, Torreira, Maurice, Martinelli, Nketiah, Smith Rowe, Nelson, Saka... seems like Project Youth 2.0 is going to be a thing. I'm okay with this. hmm

Hopefully Saliba or some other young Center Back with big potential too
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 25, 2019 5:18 pm

I am fully up for it too. been a while we had young talented attackers.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat May 25, 2019 6:08 pm

All these talented young players, only for Emery to shove Mkhitaryan and Perisic up our arses.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 25, 2019 10:27 pm

He is shoving neither up our arses

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun May 26, 2019 3:19 am

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 29, 2019 5:41 pm

Arsenal looking at Dayot Upamecano, whose contract expires in 2021:

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3863831/source-arsenal-want-leipzigs-upamecano

Sounds good. Looking forward to Mustafi's contract extension.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu May 30, 2019 11:09 pm

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:40 am

Okay so we’ve got more money coming in from Adidas than last year, are offloading a ton of wages in released players, and somehow we have less money for transfers than last year? How does that make sense?

I hope these 45mil rumours have been leaked by the club themselves to keep clubs from increasing prices on us, because actually having less funds doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. If we hold off on investing right now we risk our current top players passing their prime as well...the need to be fiscally responsible is not lost on me but we need to spend some damn money.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:16 pm

would take Praet as mentioned before
but would only take Andersen if Mr Giampaolo himself was coming to coach him!
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:30 pm

Jobber signings either way. Torreira was way more hyped and even he’s been a bit of a disappointment.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:21 pm

:fishing:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:35 pm

Sina wrote:

would take Praet as mentioned before
but would only take Andersen if Mr Giampaolo himself was coming to coach him!

Giampaolo will be next Milan coach and probably he is going to sign both too
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:47 pm

Yeah i have heard

also XHAKA linked with Inter lol,probably BS
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:41 pm

I get the need to be thrifty but does signing 3 players from Sampdoria over 2 summers really sound like a move that a top club would make to compete for titles anyway?

Also on XHAKA: it feels to me like the club are seeing him as a future captain. He gets a lot of interviews on Arsenal.com, already captains Switzerland...then Cech and Ramsey are gone now, Ozil doesn't appear captain material, and Koscielny surely doesn't have much longer left. He's the final of our 5 'captains' that Emery named. I don't see us offloading him any time soon, even if a lot of AFTV fans hate him Laughing
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:50 pm

Losing XHAKA is not an option. We lost Ramsey and Ozil is throwing his career away, he is the closest thing we have to midfield creativity.

We cant lose more midfielders, not with the budget we have.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:39 am

With the budget of 40 mil, I don't expect to see any transfer in before couple of player sales 1st.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:13 pm

AnJl wrote:Losing XHAKA is not an option. We lost Ramsey and Ozil is throwing his career away, he is the closest thing we have to midfield creativity.

I would sell him in a heart beat and let willock make all those mistakes rather than him. His and Mustafi mistakes have been very very costly. I dont care if we have no midfield left because quiet frankly we didnt have one last season bar a few matches. Sell him let willock make those mistakes and buy a good CB to cover those mistakes silent
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:26 pm

Sina wrote:This is What we should do
Get such talents before Monaco/Dortmund/RBL etc
otherwise they cost much more while they are not even  ready made and still developing LIKE Zagadou/Konate etc

Other than Saliba,Mickaël Cuisance is another French player we should look at
get them before they explode and their value sky rockets
if we can sign these and loan them back,not like they would be cheap but still
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:34 pm

Arsenal expected to make improved offer for Alexis Claude-Maurice this week

Arsenal are expected to make an improved bid for 21-year-old Lorient versatile attacker Alexis Claude-Maurice this week, in the region of €13m, after having a €7m opening bid knocked back, according to information gathered by Get French Football News and Mohamed Toubache-TER.

Lorient intend to reject any bid below €15m, hoping to make up to €20m including bonuses for the youngster who is attracting interest AS Monaco, Lille, Mainz and Gladbach.

Rennes have formally enquired, whilst Eintracht Frankfurt have had an opening €7m bid of their own knocked back.

The situation is expected to accelerate in the next 10 days.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2019/arsenal-expected-to-make-improved-offer-for-alexis-claude-maurice-this-week/
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:36 pm

=======================================

Arsenal interested in Fedor Chalov from CSKA Moscow

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11736058/arsenal-interested-in-fedor-chalov-from-cska-moscow
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:13 pm

mani88 wrote:
AnJl wrote:Losing XHAKA is not an option. We lost Ramsey and Ozil is throwing his career away, he is the closest thing we have to midfield creativity.

I would sell him in a heart beat and let willock make all those mistakes rather than him. His and Mustafi mistakes have been very very costly. I dont care if we have no midfield left because quiet frankly we didnt have one last season bar a few matches. Sell him let willock make those mistakes and buy a good CB to cover those mistakes silent

Am I the only one who thinks XHAKA is actually one of our best players? He's more composed on the ball than any of our midfielders, has great long-range passing, can actually shoot from range, can compete physically. We would really miss these qualities if he were missing, which is why I think Arsene and Emery have started him whenever fit ever since he's been here. Some of his errors have been over-analyzed by commentators but if he had guys around him who did their job, I don't think we'd be talking about XHAKA as a weak link.

In any case, I think we should focus our efforts on offloading the guys who clearly are not providing value for money and filling the obvious holes rather than creating more holes by selling decent players when we have no money for better replacements. Our team has been disjointed for a couple of years now given the need to play 5 at the back to avoid getting our goal lit up, and also our lack of wingers. We keep having to play guys out of position to compensate when we really should be playing some variation of 4-3-3 where everyone is in their ideal position to get the best out of our top players. We need to solve those problems first, even if it takes our entire budget.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23 ... 44  Next