Hapless_Hans
Twoism
urbaNRoots
Jay29
RealGunner
38 posters

Page 7 of 44 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 25 ... 44  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by El Gunner Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:46 pm

Tell em mani, lol Zaha is such a fraud. Especially at that price that Palace is asking

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Firenze Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:35 pm

Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi is close to agreeing a new contract at the club, which will be worth £180,000 a week.

LMAOOOO

and people have the nerve to question us possibly giving Rashford 200k p/w

wtf has this numpty really does so far in his career besides being chased by a team that starts Kingsley fn Coman week in week out

PL teams literally have more money than sense
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:37 pm

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:38 pm

TNA is that way>>>>>>>>>>>

out of here
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:06 pm

Ziyech is available for 30m, Everton Soares is available for 40m, Bruno Fernandes is available for 60m. We’d be mad to succumb to that idiot Parish and his demands for Zaha.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:35 am

mani88 wrote:
Kick wrote:Pepe is a top talent but isn't the finished product yet. On the other hand, Zaha is.

I don't think many teams want to pay 70m for a player who still has some polishing to do.

Zaha (Finished product) has 19 goals and 15 assist is last 2 seasons
Pepe has 36 goals and 17 assist in last 2 seasons (albiet in a different league than EPL)
Considering both will flop and do an Alexis sanchez, two years later its much easier to offload a winger "looking for revival" who is 26 versus who is 29. (Hence a much better resale value).
I am unable to digest the thought process that goes into signing an 80-100 million pounds Zaha and letting go of an oppurtunity to sign Nicolas pepe for around 70-90 million who will also agree on a significantly lower wages than Zaha (currently earns about half of what Zaha earns). I always considered Zaha the smoke screen for Pepe but as the transfer window is going by Zaha news seems to intensify, while Pepe news dying.

I never said Zaha was better than Pepe, I just said he was the finished product.

You know what you will get with Zaha, he is overpriced because he is at an EPL club and they don't want to sell him. He is at most a 40m pound player, Pepe has the ability to be worth more but signing him is a much bigger risk.

You'd be silly to think that Arsenal don't have a reason for wanting Zaha over Pepe.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:48 pm

Ceballos is done. Will wear the no. 8 so he can be pointlessly compared to Ramsey all season long.

Saliba announcement is up next, according to Ornstein.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:00 pm

Torreira ------ Ceballos
Smith Rowe

what do you guys think of this midfield for the next few years once Ozil is finally binned? With Guendouzi in rotation.

Might not be the most physical and best defensively, but ball retention is the name of the game, so perhaps this midfield could at least fair well in the league in that respect. hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:08 pm

You can add Willock to it for more physicality.

I think the midfield future looks promising with or without Ceballos. If Ceballos has a good season and we somehow manage to sign permanently, that's be a big bonus.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:15 pm

All happening today. Just in time for the Emirates Cup.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:28 pm

Made a Thread because why not Razz
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:42 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Torreira ------ Ceballos
Smith Rowe

what do you guys think of this midfield for the next few years once Ozil is finally binned? With Guendouzi in rotation.

Might not be the most physical and best defensively, but ball retention is the name of the game, so perhaps this midfield could at least fair well in the league in that respect. hmm

I'm not totally sold on Smith-Rowe as a CM. He has only played for the first team as a winger so far and though he scored goals, it's not like he was dictating the flow of our game. We was really just making well-timed runs and getting his shots on target. I think he needs a full year loan somewhere, playing each week, before we can get too excited about his ability to be a marquee starter for us.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:59 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Torreira ------ Ceballos
Smith Rowe

Ceballos won't be here next year, it's a one year rental type of deal.

Torreira hasn't been that impressive, I hope in the next few years we can find someone better in that position.

Jury is still out on Emile Smith Rowe, let's hope injuries don't kill his career.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:55 am

HOLY SHIT

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:09 am

I take everything back, Raul Sanllehi is a god!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:12 am

Sell Auba and sign Zaha

Zaha--------Lacazette----------Pepe
--------Ceballos-------Ozil-----------
---------------XHAKA----------------
Tierney-----Sokratis--Holding----Bellerin
--------------Leno----------------------

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:16 am

Arsenal with a "limited budget" spending £72m on a forward but still need a CB. hmm

Nah, in all seriousness I love this. Pepe would add so much to this team: left footed, committing players on the dribble, goals from weird angles and from outside the box, more pace, etc.

Also, doesn't this kinda show that we didn't really want Zaha that badly? We could have paid Palace what they wanted, but tried to lowball it.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:24 am

RealGunner wrote:Sell Auba and sign Zaha

Why sign Zaha? Aubameyang is a much better player.

Aubameyang - Lacazette - Pepe
Ceballos - Özil
XHAKA
Tierney - Sokratis - CB - Bellerin
Leno

Really good team, Emery would have to fuck up really badly not to get top 4.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:34 am

It's those centre backs, man. Get a good one by the end of the window and they'll be in "no excuses" territory but I'm very wary of relying on Sokratis and Holding, who's just coming back from an ACL don't forget, all season.

The midfield and attack are shaping up nicely, though. Plenty of options to play around with. For example, in a 4-2-3-1:

Lacazette/Nketiah

Aubameyang/Iwobi/Saka - Ozil/Ceballos/Willock - Pepe/Mkhitaryan/Nelson

XHAKA/Guendouzi - Torreira/Elneny

Against weaker teams, you can play the three big forwards, Ozil in behind, and Ceballos and XHAKA in midfield together for ball circulation. If that's too offensive, you can introduce Torreira for more bite. I think Emery would push Ceballos up to AM for tougher games, so he can stiffen the midfield. Or he could play a 433 with any three of XHAKA/Guendouzi/Torreira/Ceballos. Hell, he could roll out the diamond again with those four.

Or just play Iwobi and Mkhitaryan every game.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:44 am

There's no way we won't sign someone for the CB position, Emery has been very vocal about strengthening the defence. Might not be someone as expensive as Pepe but someone like Rugani maybe who's way behind the pecking order for Juventus.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:04 pm

At the moment, it's very quiet around centre backs, Saliba aside. I think Pepe and then Tierney are their priorities right now. Hopefully they get those deals done with enough time to spare to get that CB in.

I just have the weird feeling that a CB coming in is going to be very dependent on outgoings.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:47 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Sell Auba and sign Zaha

Why sign Zaha? Aubameyang is a much better player.

Aubameyang - Lacazette - Pepe
Ceballos - Özil
XHAKA
Tierney - Sokratis - CB - Bellerin
Leno

Really good team, Emery would have to fuck up really badly not to get top 4.

Zaha as a wide player is miles better than Auba as a wide player. Obviously there is no need to make those changes and i highly doubt either of lacazette or Auba are being sold.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:49 pm

Jay29 wrote:At the moment, it's very quiet around centre backs, Saliba aside. I think Pepe and then Tierney are their priorities right now. Hopefully they get those deals done with enough time to spare to get that CB in.

I just have the weird feeling that a CB coming in is going to be very dependent on outgoings.

I find that really strange too because you would have thought we would be trying to improve our defence.

I can only think that selling Mustafi is a problem and no one is buying him.

Looking at pre-season performances, it's apparent we need 2 CBs at least along with a LB. Ideally we would sell Mustafi, Chambers and release Koscielny and sign 2 CBs. They don't have to be great but they need to be better than those 3.

Holding is currently our best CB but not sure how he would be after a season out.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:48 pm

I think they want to avoid having first team players on big salaries just sitting out and not playing. There are seven senior CB options at the club currently (counting Monreal, because Tierney's arrival would surely end his time as a LB) and it looks like Emery is going to favour a back four. In that case, that's three CBs that aren't needed before they even go buy a new one.

At this point, the club would probably like to have Koscielny and Mustafi out, Mavropanos sent somewhere on loan, and a new CB arrive. That would leave Holding and Sokratis, a new CB to compete for a first team spot, plus Monreal and Chambers as versatile fourth choices who can cover at full back. Then next season, Chambers and Monreal can be moved on so there's space for Saliba. But Mustafi's not going anywhere, so it's not going to work out like this.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:04 pm

Let Koscielny go, sell Chambers, Mavropanos on loan. Sign a CB.

Sokratis, New CB, Mustafi, Holding, Monreal.

I’d be happy with that so long as the new CB is first team quality.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:34 pm

Ornstein was on Radio 5 Live just now:

- Pepe deal not yet completed, as still things to sort out with agents/reps, but there's confidence it'll be completed soon
- Napoli had agreed a fee with Lille, but not with the agent
- Pepe will have a five year contract, deal is paid in instalments over those five years
- Pepe deal means no chance of Zaha deal as well
- Palace wanted more money up front for Zaha, hence no deal despite similar overall fees
- Auba/Laca won't be sold to finance anything
- Pepe deal will take out a large chunk of the remaining budget, so transfers afterwards will be very limited
- Interest remains in Tierney. Arsenal have met Celtic's valuation (£25m) but Celtic not happy with the structure of the deal
- It seems a CB won't arrive unless there are some sales, club is confident in Holding and Bellerin finding form once they return
- It's going to be a busy end to the window

So Martinelli fee, first instalment for Saliba, first instalment for Pepe and the loan fee for Ceballos = around £45m, it seems. I'm guessing there's some leftover to get Tierney done.

And it seems my guess about a CB may be right. Koscielny, Chambers and Elneny seem the most likely players to leave by the end of the window. I'm guessing that, besides Tierney, most the club's efforts will be on selling.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 44 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 25 ... 44  Next