Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
rincon
RealGunner
Thimmy
22 posters

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by Firenze Fri May 01, 2020 11:43 pm

finished it like 2 days ago

very much enjoyed it, after FFXV this is what I consider my first real FF, very pleased, XV left me super cautious, I did skip a lot of late side stuff, clocked it at 10 mins shy of 40 hours.

some stuff went over my head, read up on it afterwards, somehow I'd remained mostly unspoiled all of these years on 7 or had just forgotten (watched Advent Children as a kid) most that I did know

combat was super fun, mildly challenging which is a blessing after XV

good pacing, likable characters, fun boss fights, anime tropes out the ass, what's not to like? looking forward to the sequel

oh, and shout out to the slums, obviously they aren't huge towns but they felt a good size and that was such a big complaint of mine in 15

Wall Market is great. Thinking of playing 10 after Nier Automata.

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by Thimmy Sat May 02, 2020 12:20 am

Feel like I should tell you this since you and RG aren’t known to be particularly patient, but I think you’ll find Nier: Automata quite underwhelming, unless you at least manage to play through the main story twice from the perspectives of the two main characters.

It’s going to require a lot more patience than you had with Yakuza 0, and you might want to skip the game altogether if you play through it once and don’t feel like doing it over again. The game doesn’t quite open up until you get to the end of the second playthrough. I almost gave up before getting there, myself.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat May 02, 2020 12:30 am

yeah, I'm well aware of how the game is supposed to be played and as someone who isn't a fan of multiple playthroughs for anything - it's the reason I've delayed playing it for so long, but now with the new gen on the horizon and corona lockdowns I figure I'll give it a chance.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat May 02, 2020 2:07 am

@Firenze

Spoiler:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat May 02, 2020 2:36 am

I recommend giving Yakuza 0 a second chance instead. Far lower risk of burnout. I don’t remember if it was during Nier’s second or third playthrough, but that game nearly made me lose interest in playing games in general. I had a little epiphany when I got through the tedious, recycled parts and realized that it’s actually a really great game.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat May 02, 2020 10:34 am

Firenze wrote:
Wall Market is great. Thinking of playing 10 after Nier Automata.

FF X is amazing. Definitely worth playing.

On Nier, I recommend trying to clear out the second playthrough as much as you can in one sitting. You play most games in Easy difficulty so try to rush through the same parts. Once you get to the different gameplay sections you'll almost be done. The third playthrough completely turns the game upside down and the ending blew my mind. I rate it on par with Bioshock Infinite.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat May 02, 2020 12:45 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:@Firenze

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 03, 2020 5:16 pm

Just finished it
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun May 03, 2020 6:19 pm

rincon wrote:Just finished it

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 11 852f1710
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 03, 2020 9:23 pm

Thimmy wrote:
rincon wrote:Just finished it

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 11 852f1710

Laughing

I was writing more and got a call, then forgot.

The game far exceeded my expectations. Excellent all around.

ending spoilers:
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 12, 2020 1:40 pm

I'm about 20 hours into the postgame.

8 chapters cleared on hard, and all but the last battle sim cleared. Finished the battle intel as well to get the last summon.

Combat is even better on hard with no items, harder (and more) enemies in battle, and new moves thrown at you. It also requires you to do even more with materia which is cool.

Having to beat the chapter again is tedious for some of them. The upside are the character manuscripts and the AP farming for the tougher fights later on. It's definitely fun as a whole, but postgame is definitely not the strongest suit of the game.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed May 13, 2020 3:20 am

I skipped the post game entirely. There’s too much padding to the story, and I wasn’t interested in experiencing that over again.

It would’ve been cool to try out different weapons/combat styles with some of the characters, though. Crit builds, melee build for Barrett etc. I thought about starting the game over just to try using different weapons and materia, but I think I’m done until they release the next game.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed May 13, 2020 10:42 am

If you are interested in trying different builds you don't have to replay the game over. Choosing chapter 17 unlocks a battle sim at the start with a bunch of hard mode fights and some super bosses. Since beating the game unlocks 2x Exp and 3x AP you won't have to grind. You'll be lvl 50 in a couple of fights. The extra SP also unlocks another lvl for the weapons, but to max those you'll need the manuscripts, which do require re-beating the game. You can play also any sections of the game, and skip others, since it works via chapter select. I'm beating the game quite fast by just fighting through and skipping non-sephiroth related cutscenes.

So far the toughest has been a MOTH unit solo with Tifa, and the full party fighting a gauntlet with type-0 Behemoth and a Marlboro at the end. You can also fight and get Bahamuth from Chadley by finishing the battle intel missions, another tough fight. I have to clear the Colosseum now to unlock the final fight in the battle sim.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed May 13, 2020 7:26 pm

Ah, good to know, thanks. Does the post-game unlock more fights in the Colosseum? If so, I’ll probably do those + the simulations and the battle intel for Bahamut.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed May 13, 2020 7:33 pm

I haven't gone back to the colosseum, but I think there might be an extra fight or two since the battle sim tells me I need to finish it. Maybe I simply missed these colosseum fights in my playthrough though.

it goes:
new fights in the battle sim in chapter 17
final battle intel for Bahamut if you did the other 19
(new?) colosseum fights

Once you clear those you get the final battle sim fight.

I'm missing some colosseum fights to unlock it.

The chapter select screen tells you how many manuscripts (and discs) are in each chapter. So if you wanna get some manuscripts to unlock the last weapon abilities you can jump into the chapters you liked. Pretty much if there is a boss fight then you get a manuscript. Doing the airbuster boss on hard was even more epic than the first time around. The bosses have a couple of extra moves to turn up the difficulty besides better stats and no items allowed.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:33 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDqsVSyb5TM

Lots to take in. High fantasy like a lot of fans wanted. Summons seem to be tied to specific characters. Could be an integral part of the plot like they were in FFX.

But man, don't the graphics of FF7 Remake look better than this?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:43 am

Yeah I think FF7R looked nicer, its probably the best looking game I've played tbf. It will likely change. The first FF7R trailer looks way worse than the release version. They said that the next info drop is scheduled for 2021 so the game is still far from release.

So for the "near" future we have
The main team making FF7R2
The FFXV team making project athia
The FFXIV team making FFXVI

Hyped
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:29 pm

FF15 looked great too but ended up being a shit game.

Don't care how it looks as long as the story, mechanics, world is good.

Apparently this has been in development for a while now so it's not that far off.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:52 pm

I never played any of the online multiplayer, FF games, but both the art style and the somewhat crude and unpolished, facial animations from that trailer remind me of those games. I don't know if there's any relevance to the animators and/or art designers behind the online multiplayers, but if there is, they at least seem to know what they're doing in terms of art style and creativity.

As for the actual trailer, they always seem to be about style over substance, so I'm not going to draw any conclusions based on the little, quite shallow gameplay that was showcased in it. Bringing in the combat designer from DMC sounds like a great idea to me. They probably should'e done so the moment they decided to transition over from turn-based, to the more action-oriented combat of the more recent games in the series. It remains to be seen how deep the combat actually is, though.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:44 pm

https://na.finalfantasyxvi.com/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:10 pm

Did they just give off half the plot in the trailer? scratch
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:21 pm

Glad i didn't see. That sword has a huge FF8 feeling about it though
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:03 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Did they just give off half the plot in the trailer? scratch

Its just the setup from what they've said. Seems a bit like FFXII were the very segment with Reks is sort of a prologue to setting up the rest of the game.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:28 pm

Finally played and finished FF7R. It's quite fun. Enjoyed the combat system. Much better than unlimited items FF15.

Definitely felt it dragged in the middle, especially Mako reactor 5 and parts of Wall Market.

I'm one that didn't play the original so I went into the game not knowing anything about the story. I'm not much of a fan of games with only part of the story. It was quite clear that some parts were dragging and not advancing the story and you weren't going to get much closure at the end of the game. At least on FF13 that was a complete game you could play individually.

I also feel the post game is pretty lacking. Not sure if I really want to do hard mode. Felt like a bit of a cop out that all they did was remove being able to use items and making some enemies harder rather than new areas to explore. In a way FF15 was quite good in this sense.

silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:37 am

silver wrote:At least on FF13 that was a complete game you could play individually.

Did you mean FF15? FF13 is the worst Final Fantasy game of all time, in my opinion. Even worse than 15 Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:33 am

13 is better than 15...
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next