Hapless_Hans
Thimmy
futbol
47 posters

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Frenkie De Jong - Page 4 Empty Re: Frenkie De Jong

Post by Doc Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:17 am

Was gonna write something logical then I saw it's the Daily Mail made that article.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:27 am

Frenkie de Jong was the one who recommended the Barça board to hire Schreuder as Koeman's assistant coach. Koeman liked the idea very much and agreed. [de telegraaf]

Schreuder was Ten Hag's assistant during Ajax's 2018/2019 season. De Jong taking matters into his own hands ffs. :bow:

Considering Koeman was Frenkie's NT manager he also knows that Frenkie is best behind the ball rather than playing ahead of it. Expect him to have a breakout season lads.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:53 am

come on now Casc, barca are burning, camp nou is on fire and you think they are there to listen to De Jong with his nothing career so far in barcelona? lol

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:55 am

Let me spill potentially fake propaganda in peace bro.

Agendas>>>
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:56 am

i am just here to see barca mount another bogus deal to exchange Suarez and Van de Scrub
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:26 am

We Barca's system traditionally a 3 midfleld, so whats gonna play the DM role? Pjanic isnt strong enough and always needs a stronger type next to him, and he wont play left or right midfield, so I guess De Jong and we will need to sign an all rounder type for the other side, otherwise it will be Vidal/Roberto again, or even more of Busquets with us settling with a double pivot or something?

Im depressed thinking about this already lol.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:25 am

Is Frenkie really at his best at DM? IMO his best performances at Barca so far were at LCM where he had freedom to advance up the pitch.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:54 am

Like a lot of these new gen CM's, they're best in a midfield two. You don't want them playing as a lone pivot nor high up the pitch.

Maybe down the line, he will play as a lone 6 in a 4-3-3, but for now, he shouldn't. De Jong is best playing behind the ball, but having the freedom to carry the ball forward. Let him run the game from deep.

My recommendation:
Play him in a midfield two with Pjanic anchoring. It will be a similar dynamic like that of Ajax and Netherlands.

Play a 4-3-3, but have him play deeper covering the FB's back. This is similar to Kroos' role at Madrid, or Paredes' role for PSG today. This only works if you have an attacking LB and a winger who plays inside. Essentially, you're just changing the profiles but the triangle on the left remains the same.

------------------New Inside Forward
Alba--------------------
---------Frenkie----------

The positioning of the left triangle would look something like that. Very similar to Madrid 2016-2018.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:34 am

Not sure about De Jong's best position atm since he can play all round, but Im sure he would be our best midfielder where ever he plays in there lol. So we will need to see how Koeman sets the formation, but however way it will still be 3 midfielders im pretty sure, otherwise u would leave out Griezmann and Dembele in order to fit in again a not so good midfielder of ours to make it 4 or Vidal in strange roles which are definitely not good enough. So it should be Pjanic and De Jong and another to make a 3.

Casciavit what u mean would be Griezmann playing that role already atm right or similarly for Coutinho, which has proven to be effective, despite the right logic for whatever reasons. I think a lot will depend on if Suarez stays too, hes such good friends with Messi so wouldnt be surprised if he will be starting again next season, but it needs to change, whether its someone new, or to have Dembele replace him who will play wide obviously, with MEssi and Griezmann needing to be playing higher up or something:

Suarez/Dembele
    Griezmann    Messi
Alba   De Jong Pjanic 3rd MF
  Lenglet - Pique - Semedo

Far from ideal, but cant see much else possibilities with the current players we got, apart from the odd rotation with Fati, etc.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:28 pm

@Barcalearning

I wouldn't play Griezmann nor Coutinho in that role. It's just going to clog up the middle, especially if Messi is doing the same on the other side. You want someone to move away from the players not toward them. The opposition fullback will hypothetically already be occupied by Alba. Hence the space is between the opposition's LB and LCB, aka the left channel. You want someone to run into those areas instead.

Best way to take advantage of that when you have those kind of profiles in your triangle is to have a runner. Someone like Son/Mane/Gnaby/Sane/Mbappe. The list goes on, I hope you understand the kind of player I'm referring to.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:28 am

Dutch Arthur
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:43 am

Casciavit wrote:@Barcalearning

I wouldn't play Griezmann nor Coutinho in that role. It's just going to clog up the middle, especially if Messi is doing the same on the other side. You want someone to move away from the players not toward them. The opposition fullback will hypothetically already be occupied by Alba. Hence the space is between the opposition's LB and LCB, aka the left channel. You want someone to run into those areas instead.

Best way to take advantage of that when you have those kind of profiles in your triangle is to have a runner. Someone like Son/Mane/Gnaby/Sane/Mbappe. The list goes on, I hope you understand the kind of player I'm referring to.

Understood and definitely agree. What I meant was Griezmann and Cou proved ineffective, too many typos Razz

The players u listed are what we need but we just dont have them and dont trust the management to be able to get one we need so we will have to make do I guess. Good coaches will adjust players and ask one of our current attackers or even midfield runners to make those runs or similar adjustments, which I doubt Koeman will. But theoretically speaking, even Griezmann can do it, hes not that slow of a player and has the technique, hes just completely lost confidence though which is too bad.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:42 pm

I feel sorry for the guy. Imagine having every top club in Europe after you yet choosing to sign for Barça to play with Messi, only for him to leave after a trophy-less season.

Reminds me of RVP when he joined United to work with SAF. It must be a Dutch thing.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:02 pm

Barca have a rich history with Dutch players. I'm not sure playing with Messi would have been the only reason to play for them.

Though in their current state, he could have picked a much more stable club for sure.

RVP on the other hand was 29 with a few good years left in him and finally wanted to win something. I'm sure SAF wouldn't have been the biggest factor in joining them.

Plus he was joining the biggest club in the world. I don't think he regrets it one bit @Frenzy.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:27 pm

Frenkie de Jong wrote:It is chaos, there is a lot going on.
I did not talk to him (Messi) about this myself. Not even the club. So I honestly don't know about it. But if Messi really leaves, it will be a huge blow to the team and the club. But when I come back after these international matches, I will see what happened.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:56 pm

As I said before, there is no communication.

Bartomeu is making decision behind everyone's back so not surprised Messi did the same and sent the fax without even talking to anyone at the club.

Toxic environment that has been decaying this club from inside since a couple years already.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:59 pm

danyjr wrote:I feel sorry for the guy. Imagine having every top club in Europe after you yet choosing to sign for Barça to play with Messi, only for him to leave after a trophy-less season.

Reminds me of RVP when he joined United to work with SAF. It must be a Dutch thing.

He did not join for Messi, in fact he seems to have clashed with Messi. He joined for the money.

Also no need to feel sorry for the biggest fraud of this century.

Hyped up to be some generational talent based on 2 collective Ajax team knockout performances yet in reality he's a midfielder with no vision or passing ability and no defensive awareness who is only good at shielding the ball under pressure.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:20 pm

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:23 pm

Xavi-esque.

There is a reason Messi likes him and actually trusts him with the ball.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:17 am

futbol wrote:a midfielder with no vision or passing ability

Frenkie De Jong - Page 4 Yawning-face_1f971Frenkie De Jong - Page 4 Yawning-face_1f971
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:29 am

Seems like he needs a new agenda after Thiago made him eat crow. Ain't no one forgetting your slander about him a few years ago which you are now quiet about.

You will be proven wrong, again, and this time it will be by Frenkie. No doubt about it.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:45 am

Truth be told Thiago never lived up to his hype. The guy was meant to be a successor to Spain's midfield, what he has done is winning worthless bundesfodder titles, one mini CL and has flopped every time he's played for Spain.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:52 pm

Wait, not that I am disregarding his talents as he is a very talented footballer but that pass wasn't anything outside the scope of anyone who can kick a ball well. I've seen Parejo make that sort of "effortless" pass and I would like to think De Jong is better than Parejo.

It's a good ball but nothing really outstanding.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:03 pm

Doc wrote:Wait, not that I am disregarding his talents as he is a very talented footballer but that pass wasn't anything outside the scope of anyone who can kick a ball well. I've seen Parejo make that sort of "effortless" pass and I would like to think De Jong is better than Parejo.

It's a good ball but nothing really outstanding.

Same.

I've seen many mediocre Serie A players 'effortlessly' executing these passes.

This is nothing out of the ordinary.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:04 pm

Myesyats wrote:

Kept waiting for an effortless pass. Nabil Bentaleb plays these in his sleep.

out
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:47 pm

Was waiting for it too, turns out it was the generic long pass at the start. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next