The Demon of Carthage
The Madrid One
FennecFox7
Cyborg
Thimmy
27 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 35 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by sportsczy Thu May 02, 2019 10:45 am

And your point is what? CR used to score half his goals on PK when he was at Madrid. So do a lot of top scorers on teams. PKs are a part of the game last I checked and nobody calls out strikers for scoring them.

Pogba is shit at PKs too... so really, he should be at 20+ goals.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 35 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu May 02, 2019 10:58 am

I think he’s just saying that figure is a bit inflated, just like Ronaldo’s stats are inflated as well.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu May 02, 2019 11:54 am

sportsczy wrote:And your point is what? CR used to score half his goals on PK when he was at Madrid. So do a lot of top scorers on teams. PKs are a part of the game last I checked and nobody calls out strikers for scoring them.

Pogba is shit at PKs too... so really, he should be at 20+ goals.

Listen, I never judged Pogba on goals (or lack thereof). That's not his job.

What I don't like about him is the fact that he's unbelievably inconsistent and rarely ever plays well. What's the point of having this genius footballer if he can only offer you a small handful of elite football the entire season? I challenge you to find one United fan, just one, in this solar system that would tell you that Pogba actually justified his transfer fee and that they are completely satisfied with his overall performance.

I lost count how many times I tuned in while he was playing and watched him lose the ball countless times and jog back without a worry in the world. The amount of misplaced passes he also makes is outrageous. You'd expect someone who was signed for 100m to be able to string a simple pass, but no, not him.

Even his attitude is disgusting. The sense of entitlement and the lack of motivation is alarming and frankly irritating. You're getting paid a mountain of gold. Even if you don't like the coach or the system, even if you want out, at least have the decency to honor the contractual bond with your employer by playing with grit.

Every time I watch him, I honest to god fail to see this world beater everybody is talking about, and always end up thinking the same thing: why is everybody overrating the crap out of him? Even Zidane the other day said that what makes Pogba special is the fact that he can attack and defend. If he truly thinks Pogba can defend then he must also think that I'm the queen of England.

Dude is a primma donna just like Ronaldo. The only difference is that Ronaldo is a good player.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 02, 2019 1:35 pm

I really don't care what his French teammates have to say, I got my own eyes. Fairly certain none of them watch (or have time to watch) Utd consistently like I do.

With that said, DoC is being way too over the top with his criticism in the same way Sports is literally being blind to what he is doing at Utd. If Zizou wants this version of Paul, well, I hope Pogba understands what Real Madrid is about and knows the Bernabeu does not take primadonnas lightly and definitely does not take indifference period.

I have no doubts though that Utd is gonna reject most offers from Madrid though so I do hope Zizou has other players he has in mind that are realistically obtainable.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 02, 2019 1:50 pm

EPL players as well... they voted him as the best midfielder in the league.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 02, 2019 2:06 pm

You mean the PFA team of the year? Where him, Fernandinho and Silva were picked as well? Because PFA player of the year is Van Dijk.

Anyway, I said what I said and you said what you said. If Zizou wants him and Utd subsequently tells him and Madrid to get fked, I hope he has other options and this doesn't turn into a Calderon-esque 2008 "Chasing Ronaldo" tale.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 02, 2019 2:10 pm

Doc wrote:and this doesn't turn into a Calderon-esque 2008 "Chasing Ronaldo" tale.

Ronaldo was the fastest player in the Premier League. Pogba is the number 1 walker in the Premier League. Chasing won’t be necessary. Then again, "chasing a man who doesn't run" would be quite a fitting description of going after his signature hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 02, 2019 4:26 pm

Can't wait till we sign Pogba he is gonna the next lad to divide Madrid fans worldwide
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 02, 2019 4:43 pm

Nah, he'll just be another name to add to your list of failed hypejobs hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 02, 2019 4:55 pm

You will have to show me the last time I hyped hin
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Thu May 02, 2019 5:09 pm

I mean pogba isnt that bad to be writing paragraphs about him. I get he might not be someone youd want to spend money on but some of you act like he shouldn't even be top flight football. I dont like eriksen that much because I've never seen him put in a good shift but I'm not going to throw a tantrum if we sign him Laughing

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu May 02, 2019 5:14 pm

You guys still thought Bale was good last year.

Imagine thinking Pogba wouldn’t improve our team.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 02, 2019 5:26 pm

my only thing with Pogba is that people are looking at this season to say that he plays when he feels like it or to say that he isnt good, queue that ridiculous walking stat, etc... what garbage

have people forgotten what's like to be caught in the mourinho's third year vortex? he made our own elite players look like scrubs. Furthermore, we have seen how poorly some of our key players have performed this year, guys who are generally considered as world class, they have played like crap this season. So context of a season counts a lot, without even wanting to make excuses for him.

I dont think this is the best season to look at Pogba and to say, "this is what he is, and this is what he will always be"... i would be careful with that line of thinking cuz it's not smart and it's short sighted.

Sports argument about him being elite, but playing with scrubs is not a bad one. Pogba is not a player that will single handily lift a team up, but when surrounded with good players, he performs. When he has a clear role, he performs. Although, he has really had that consistently at Juve and the world cup is a special context and only lasts for 7 games.

With france though, Pogba is very different. I would assume that if Zidane is signing him, it's to leverage that version of Pogba.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu May 02, 2019 6:51 pm

i get the issue with pogba. but my take on it is, anyone zidane wants, zidane should get; unless we don't have the money, and if we have the money for a less expensive alternative, then zidane should have the final say on who that alternative is.

that way, there's no "zidane wanted player a and flo gave him player b, and now player b is an outcast". so if zidane gets who he wants, its his full responsibility to get the best out of that player and in turn get us results. pogba's situation at utd isn't the best, but if zidane indeed wants him, he will be coming to a situation where he is starting afresh, and a coach who will be trying to get the best out of him (Especially as he'll cost a ton of money).

i cannot complain that i want flo taking a reduced role on sporting issues, yet in the same vein complain about players the coach feels are necessary to his vision. let the coach get what he wants and there's transparency across the board.

if zidane doesn't want eriksen or icardi or salah or any of these players, flo forcing them on him is just going back to square one all over again
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 02, 2019 7:34 pm

Freeza wrote:You guys still thought Bale was good last year.

Imagine thinking Pogba wouldn’t improve our team.

Who thought Bale was good last year? Seriously, I really wanna know this because this seems like something not even Hala would write.

Also, if Zizou wants Paul (which he does) and Utd & Madrid can work out an agreement, sure. As tito wrote, whatever Zidane wants, the club should do its best to acquire. But I maintain, this version of Paul is not someone I would want currently similar to how I didn't want Hazard back in 2016 or whenever. This Hazard, a clearly more mature in thought Hazard would be excellent. i have serious doubts about Pogba's maturity. Unlike DoC though, I do not question his talent as that is undeniable, well, it shouldn't be tbh.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu May 02, 2019 7:58 pm

Just to add my two cents!

Every time I heard Zidane say anything about Pogba, there is also a conditional phase added saying depending upon the cost. We all know of his agent and one can expect a demand for a ridiculous salary plus he will likely try to get a piece of transfer fee like he did last time plus there is Man U that at least will want to recoup what they paid for him!! This all sounds like a none starter to me.

You may not get all Man U fans disagreeing with Sports’ assessment, but I say none of them will say he was worth what they paid for him (salary and transfer fee)!

As to the salary ladder at Madrid, that itself will no longer be a problem as the top earners Ronaldo and Bale are or about to be, off the ladder. So paying top dollar to a Hazard or Pogba or even Mbappe if he comes latter will not be a problem.

Bottom line to me is a Pogba transfer will only happen if the transfer price is reasonable and I agree with Deez that we should hope Zidane has a plan B option in mind!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 02, 2019 8:09 pm

I really (and I mean really) think it comes down to whether we can convince Kroos or Modric + Isco or Asensio to go to Man U. We can get about 100 mil for the pair (maybe more). That offsets a lot of the cost to buy Pogba and good portion of his wages too.

That's the structure I've read / heard on tv that Madrid is going after and Man U isn't against it.

The variable is that some in the Madrid front office have a grudge against Man U's front office over De Gea. So communication isn't the best. ZZ is trying to get everyone to act like adults and focus on the present and forget the past shenanigans... that includes Raiola too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Fri May 03, 2019 6:45 am

All the players reportedly being potential signing. It's a lot.

It's about 5 plus players.

Hopefully they all get signed way before the preseason, so they can get comfortable and proper prep for the season.

It's really annoying when the club waits till after or during preseason to sign players.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri May 03, 2019 8:23 am

AS (I know they are crap), have outlined pretty much all the signings we have discussed.

"IN: Militão (€50M), Ndombele (80), Eriksen (85), Jovic (60), Hazard (112) and Pogba (150)

OUT: Keylor, Llorente, Ceballos, Kroos, Kovacic, James, Isco, Mariano and Bale are for sale."

The only things I don't agree with are prices they listed and the thought that we will get all 3 of Pogba, Ndom, and Eriksen. I think we likely get 1 of them, and maaaaybe 2, but not all 3 that doesn't make sense.

Apart from the article, I still think it will be cheeky to sign Rabiot on a free. I wasn't a fan initially, but 1) I had a look at his stats and his ball progression numbers and tackles are absolutely insane, 2) if Kova is going to be sold, which I think is likely, we will need that player to come off the bench and progress the ball through the midfield and 3) from what I have been told he can play even deeper if we need a tactics change to swap him and Casemiro.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri May 03, 2019 9:01 am

Agree (as usual of late) Deez, but I still can’t see Modric being a bench or rotational player plus we need at least 1 new mid to replace both Llorente and Ceballos. I haven’t checked, but we may also be getting close to the restriction of how many Spaniards we have to have on squad!

I think as far as mid recruits it’s ideal with Ndombele and Pogba or Eriksen. In other words I think Eriksen is the plan B if they don’t get Pogba. And if they get those two they can likely play with just two mids, allowing for 3 forwards plus a Hazard. In that case the bench would be Casemiro and Valverde.

And the AM spot would be Hazard with the backup being Asensio, Isco or Brahim!

In theory this makes some sense, but I fear defense will have too much of a burden on them if this formation becomes the norm!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri May 03, 2019 10:08 am

Can someone remind me what the minimum is re Spanish content? I think it is 5!

With the rumoured exits of Vallejo, Llorente, Ceballos, Isco, Reguilon, Brahim that leaves Ramos, Carvajal, Odriozola, plus Asensio, Lucas and Nacho.

If my numbers are right then we can get rid of only one of Asensio, Lucas or Nacho! We haven't been this close to the threshold since Granero was around!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 03, 2019 11:18 am

Deez I don't think we will do Eriksen, Pogba AND Ndombele. To me Pogba and Eriksen are redundant to begin with, even though Eriksen has some flexibility as an attacking midfielder, he played wide right for Spurs last year.

Haven't seen rumours about the right winger a lately hmm
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri May 03, 2019 12:30 pm

I have a serious question to those who have watched closely both of Militao and De Ligt. Who's better between the two?

I have watched De Ligt long enough to realize that the kid is quite talented and has the potential of becoming a top CB, but since I haven't watched Militao at all, I can't really say who's more talented between the two.

Do you think Madrid made a mistake by signing Militao and leaving De Ligt for Barça?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 03, 2019 12:49 pm

My general feeling has always been to buy the most talented players you can, as long as they fit the profile you need, and then let the manager get the best out of them.

The notion of getting hard-working but less talented players is a loser to me...

Ideally, you'd like both. But I'd always take talent first. You can't overcome a lack of talent.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri May 03, 2019 2:45 pm

@Nick I agree, I said the same thing- I think we definitely get 1of the 3, if we get 2 it will be Ndom and either Pobga or Eriksen but not both. No chance in hell we get all 3.

@D o C De Ligt is definitely the better player at the moment. From what I have seen of Militao he has a tendency to get caught out of position. Probably because he has been shunted from RB to CB back and forth. De Ligt already plays at a higher level, is younger and has a higher ceiling imo.

I've gone on record stating they made a mistake signing Militao. But hey, RM wanted to save an extra 30m for the cheaper option. That is their choice. And ultimately, we won't really know until we see more of both players, but that's just my initial assessment.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri May 03, 2019 3:05 pm

sportsczy wrote:My general feeling has always been to buy the most talented players you can, as long as they fit the profile you need, and then let the manager get the best out of them.

The notion of getting hard-working but less talented players is a loser to me...

Ideally, you'd like both. But I'd always take talent first. You can't overcome a lack of talent.

I agree, but an abundance of talent unfortunately doesn't compensate for little to no dedication to a club, or to the profession.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next