Best young player of top national teams?

+11
Robespierre
Jay29
BarrileteCosmico
Freeza
Great Leader Sprucenuce
McLewis
danyjr
zigra
urbaNRoots
rincon
Art Morte
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Best young player of top national teams? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best young player of top national teams?

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:25 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Art Morte wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Süle, Sané, Kimmich, Werner, Goretzka, Brandt

You just never listen to me, do you? No wonder I keep cheating on you.

They've all Nt appearances in the double figures and are almost all starters, they're all starting for big clubs regularly, why don't they fit your requirements?

The point was to compare them to the previous generation greats. My argument is that the best of the current young players coming through are worse than the previous generation's best, almost across the board when it comes to the big footballing nations.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Best young player of top national teams? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best young player of top national teams?

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:34 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

You just never listen to me, do you? No wonder I keep cheating on you.

They've all Nt appearances in the double figures and are almost all starters, they're all starting for big clubs regularly, why don't they fit your requirements?

The point was to compare them to the previous generation greats. My argument is that the best of the current young players coming through are worse than the previous generation's best, almost across the board when it comes to the big footballing nations.

I think Sané can go on to be one of Germany's greatest attacking players.

The use of the word great of course necessitates me ignoring his back tattoo
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:41 pm

Yours is sluttier tbh.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:38 pm

The use of generation here is very loose, you are skipping a generation in some cases to find a goat player to compare to. Pirlo was thought to be old 9 years ago or so when he joined Juve, he won the world cup as the main man 13 years ago. He is 2 generations ago and if you look at the rest of the prime/younger players, they sure as hell are better than the Marchisio/Montolivo generation.

Portugal, Ronaldo excluded, looks better too. England looks better. Brazil could be (dont care to look up ages right now). France obviously are better as they just won a WC with a good amount of kids. The Dutch as well.

Argentina I'm not sure, but the 23yo cutoff crucially excludes Dybala and Icardi. Pretty big pair to have.

Of course we wont see other Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar come right away. They aren't even close to done themselves.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:55 pm

rincon wrote:The use of generation here is very loose, you are skipping a generation in some cases to find a goat player to compare to. Pirlo was thought to be old 9 years ago or so when he joined Juve, he won the world cup as the main man 13 years ago. He is 2 generations ago and if you look at the rest of the prime/younger players, they sure as hell are better than the Marchisio/Montolivo generation.

Portugal, Ronaldo excluded, looks better too. England looks better. Brazil could be (dont care to look up ages right now). France obviously are better as they just won a WC with a good amount of kids. The Dutch as well.

Argentina I'm not sure, but the 23yo cutoff crucially excludes Dybala and Icardi. Pretty big pair to have.

Of course we wont see other Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar come right away. They aren't even close to done themselves.

I'm skipping a generation in most cases because that 25-to-30 generation has delivered little. They won't magically improve anymore. Dybala and Icardi have both got 1 national team goal each. Why should I be hailing them as some torchbearers?

Look at Brazil, for example. In the last couple of decades we're used to supreme players like Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Alves, Carlos, and then Neymar. Next? Gabriel Jesus?

A moment ago the Dutch had Robben, Sneijder and Van Persie.. now their NT two active top scorers are Memphis Depay and Giorgio Wijnaldum.

Italy have had a host of great players in the last couple of decades... now their best player is probably a toss up between Marco fucking Verratti and Leonardo "I better crawl back to Juventus to look good again" Bonucci.

And don't even get me started on Spain or Argentina.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:14 pm

Robespierre wrote:
danyjr wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
danyjr wrote:Argentina - Pavón/Lo Celso

Pretty average both of them tbh. Not the next Messi or Kun. Not even the next Dybala or Icardi if I'm honest.
I'll take Lautaro over both

But honestly if we all knew who the best 18byear old of each country is we would be the best paid scout at a top club. Surely Argentina won't produce another Messi, but I'm sure we will have another Kun in 5 years.

He is very di María and I despise that guy Laughing

Do you despise Lautaro? Why

Anyway Icardi and Dybala aren' t considerered young players anymore ?
they are too old for Art

Also Pavon is far more Di Maria like than Lautaro
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:17 pm

A moment ago the Dutch did not qualify to the last 2 major tournaments. Now they look sharp and renewed.

Maybe it wont be a GOAT generation, but it looks ok.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 pm

Ok , insert Zaniolo for Italy.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:51 am

Jović , Milinković-Savić, Milenković

Not sure about Mehlinković-Savić , he might be a fraud he suspect af, the rest are koo tho
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2