sportsczy
Thimmy
Glory
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Marcus Rashford watch Empty Marcus Rashford watch

Post by Glory Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:13 am

There was only one thread about this beast and that was in the now defunct MU section of this forum. So, yea. Here goes. The toxic one fkd off and surprise surprise the boy looks like the player he was supposed to look like.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Marcus Rashford watch Empty Re: Marcus Rashford watch

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:29 am

I'm sure the winning streak will end at some point, and the league likely cannot be won at this point in time, but I never thought I'd actually enjoy watching Man United play again. Most of my friends are Man United fans, and so I watch a lot of their matches - most of which have been quite sleep-inducing for what feels like a decade now Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:49 am

He's getting better. As with Martial, he's better as a winger for me than a central striker.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:34 pm

Yea. It's good to see because neither him or Martial is being restricted to play in only one part of the field anymore. Both are allowed to interchange, and play their natural game.

Yesterday Martial got his assist from the right side which is so pleasing because Jose had tried to do the same too when Sanchez arrived, that time though forcibly shifting Martial right and not surprisingly he was dreadful. And here he is producing assists and influencing games in only the second match under Ole from that side where he was deemed a failure.

I mean it's criminal what this supposedly 'great' manager did with two of our most exciting young players. What on earth was he trying to do in the last two years. Like seriously. Utterly unbelievable. And the most painful part was fans were siding with him, believing his bs that they were not good enough and even calling for the club to offload Martial and loan out Rashford.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:37 pm

He's shit. Not a top player never will be. He's someone that should be at Bournemouth or Burnley.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:26 pm

And they sold Lukaku Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:47 pm

Firenze wrote:He's shit. Not a top player never will be. He's someone that should be at Bournemouth or Burnley.

- Firenze in 2021 on Daniel James
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:04 pm

Players (young or prime) who get a handful of goals via beginners luck and a hot streak before they are inevitably statistically due, should never be trusted unless they can continually replicate it.

Rashford showed little outside of his individual goals and crucial they were so it was hard to see how he would amount to being a superstar considering how limited he is.

But we all know of the hype train that decided to swoop him and clearly it got to his head as well I noticed.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:24 pm

Bump for this beautiful human being
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:08 pm

Yea, as Ole would say, Top top human being. Going all out to change people's lives at 22 years of age! Insane it is if you actually think about. So proud of him. Molenation Want him to be the face of this club for years to come.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:42 pm

It's really cool and noble what he's doing - but also a little bizarre that an active footballer has become an MBE-awarded leading figure to keep poor children fed.

I also cannot fathom how the Conservatives insist on keeping on scoring own goals over this issue. We're not talking about huge sums here. Being so vehemently against paying for free meals for poor kids looks like a massive blunder.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:26 pm

They spent 12bn (yes billion) on an ineffective coronavirus tracking system which no one bothers to use as it's broken. But they can't spend some millions in feeding the kids for 2 weeks lol.

Rashford is an incredible person.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:00 pm

Rashford Molenation
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:12 am

Been a helluva footballer this year too.

My big thing right now is Rashford-stanning, unless no one has figured it out by now. Mans has become underrated around these parts just because he plays for Man U. Legitimately great player, although what he's doing off the field is what's gaining plaudits at the moment.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:47 am

I didn't quite rate him at first, not gonna lie. Thought he might be a flash in the pan, but nope. Legit player and what a job he's doing off the pitch as well. I don't follow a lot of non-Roma players on Twitter, but Rashford got a follow for me. His twitter feed is a joy to behold.

I hope he and the organization Mata founded can somehow team up on this initiative. The more that get involved, the better.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:24 am

CBarca wrote:Been a helluva footballer this year too.

My big thing right now is Rashford-stanning, unless no one has figured it out by now. Mans has become underrated around these parts just because he plays for Man U. Legitimately great player, although what he's doing off the field is what's gaining plaudits at the moment.

I get the impression that most people rate him higher than his talent warrants. He's had a good season by his own standards, but his relative inefficiency in front of goal is a flaw I don't think should be so conveniently overlooked. The recent match against PSG was just one of many examples of that, and correct me if I'm wrong, but hardly anyone seemed to care that he wasted so many chances in that game, since he ultimately scored the decisive goal with an actual, good finish. All's well that ends well, I suppose.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Rashford is outright poor, at all. He's clearly got a few qualities that others would envy, and his pace and athleticism stand out in that regard. He can be especially good on counter-attacks. I just don't think the total sum of his parts make up an elite level player, and I honestly get the impression that a lot of people see him that way.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:35 am

He can certainly improve his finishing but it's important to me that he gets to the right spots consistently...he's still only 22 after all. It's much better than not getting to those spots at all. And his playmaking is very underrated.

Take a look at a player like Luis Suarez, for example. He's a better finisher than Rashford (and 10x the player and always will be), but he's never been a lethal striker. I would say he's not as clinical as say, Harry Kane. But he gets in the right positions on such a consistent basis that it doesn't matter.

It's an obvious flaw in his game and one that is still improving (I think he has gotten better, last year in the EPL he scored 17 goals on an xG of...17 goals). However I think that single aspect isn't enough to really bring him down as much as people say.

This is a guy who had 22 goals and 11 assists last season, btw. I don't think people have realized what a player he really is turning out to be. I'm always impressed when I watch him at how he has progressed over the years
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:09 am

Thimmy wrote:
CBarca wrote:Been a helluva footballer this year too.

I get the impression that most people rate him higher than his talent warrants. He's had a good season by his own standards, but his relative inefficiency in front of goal is a flaw I don't think should be so conveniently overlooked. The recent match against PSG was just one of many examples of that, and correct me if I'm wrong, but hardly anyone seemed to care that he wasted so many chances in that game, since he ultimately scored the decisive goal with an actual, good finish. All's well that ends well, I suppose.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Rashford is outright poor, at all. He's clearly got a few qualities that others would envy, and his pace and athleticism stand out in that regard. He can be especially good on counter-attacks. I just don't think the total sum of his parts make up an elite level player, and I honestly get the impression that a lot of people see him that way.

The important thing about Marcus is he will keep going on an on, and as you said most of the time end up producing that one decisive movement, (Both the PSG games for example, this year and last) to win the game which is all the what matters at the end of the day. I think that quality of his is underrated.

Its somewhat puzzling to explain why Rash is constasntly defying expectations of him. People always underplay him and he will always come good and prove them wrong. May be its his elite mentality and I do believe it for a fact that mental attributes are the most important attributes in footballers, more than technical and physical (FM agrees). You have all the tchnical ability and skills in the world ala a Martial but if you starts to sulk and give up after you miss one two chances, then well, what's the point. You will end up constantly in the shadow of an 'inferior' player like Rashford.

Also as CBarca mentioned, you got to get to that many good positions to get as many chances, na?

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:43 am

Glory wrote:
The important thing about Marcus is he will keep going on an on, and as you said most of the time end up producing that one decisive movement, (Both the PSG games for example, this year and last) to win the game which is all the what matters at the end of the day. I think that quality of his is underrated.

Fair enough. He deserves all of the credit when he is decisive, no doubt about that. The problem is when he isn’t. When all you’re left with is inefficiency, that’s when his flaws come to the surface. No one is perfect, but Rashford can certainly leave a lot to be desired in that regard, on a relatively consistent basis. Like CB points out, he’s only 22, but it remains to be seen if that’s something he can improve on.

that mental attributes are the most important attributes in footballers, more than technical and physical (FM agrees). You have all the tchnical ability and skills in the world ala a Martial but if you starts to sulk and give up after you miss one two chances, then well, what's the point. You will end up constantly in the shadow of an 'inferior' player like Rashford.

Also as CBarca mentioned, you got to get to that many good positions to get as many chances, na?

Fair points. He does position himself well occasionally, and frequently uses his pace to get into attacking positions. No one’s challenging the claim that he’s a counter-attacking threat, he definitely is. My point stands, though, compared to an elite player, the current version of him is too limited. It remains to be seen if he can rectify that. We can all praise him when he’s decisive, but as a non-United fan, I’ve seen too many times that his lack of natural, attacking instinct hurts the team when he isn’t. His positive work rate and athleticism don’t always spare his blushes when he’s incapable of scoring or making use of good chances to create goals.

The original argument was that he’s underrated, and I don’t see it. He’s a Man Utd academy product, an England international. I do get the impression that he’s rated very highly by most PL fans, and hardly ever criticized for failing where the likes of Benzema and Suarez would typically be singled out as culprits. Suddenly, it’s not his job to score. He was even linked to Real Madrid by the British media.

On here, only Firenze seems to recognize when he plays like a mid-table player, and it happens. He is, in my opinion, not an elite player, but a level below. He wasn’t deemed the most talented player in his position while in the academy, and I personally think that’s still evident, despite his improvement. I think Man United fans can count themselves lucky to have him, but not as a regular starter. Not Martial either, for that matter.

Both are players who can be decisive, but can also be very wasteful. And that wastefulness hurts the team’s chances of winning every season. They can be good, sometimes even great, but their limitations are always there. That’s the difference between a Lewandowski and a Rashford. Or a Thiago Alcantara and a Rashford. Whichever elite player you want to compare him to. Quality.

And I’m absolutely not saying that Rashford and Martial are the reasons why Man United haven’t won anything recently, but I do think they’re part of the reason why Man United’s inability to score goals have been a frequent subject over the past few years. Your defenders are much more frequently criticized, and they’re the ones who take flak when they manage to keep the ball out of the net for 60+ minutes, only for Martial and Rashford to not capitalize on their chances in attack.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:45 am

as a footballer he is okay, can get better, i rate him higher than Fartial
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:12 pm

To be fair, I think you're conflating different fanbases. I'm not sure Rashford is underrated if you listen to Sky sports or something...I said he's underrated around these parts (GL). Which I would argue is definitely true. Man U, despite a massive # of fans globally, are not really in large numbers here. Most of us spend our time laughing at Man U and their players than rating them. Which is fun, to be fair.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:48 pm

CBarca wrote:To be fair, I think you're conflating different fanbases. I'm not sure Rashford is underrated if you listen to Sky sports or something...I said he's underrated around these parts (GL). Which I would argue is definitely true. Man U, despite a massive # of fans globally, are not really in large numbers here. Most of us spend our time laughing at Man U and their players than rating them. Which is fun, to be fair.

I agree with this. Who’s not underrated on GL, though? Sometimes, it feels like GL only rate players who are hyped up by the media, like Jadon Sancho, who’s having another shitter of a match right now. The guy in your avatar has frequently been criticized on here, as well. Spurs level, they said hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:55 pm

16 min CL hattrick ffs
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin