rincon
Firenze
iftikhar
Collblanc
48 posters

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Who will progress?

Round of 16 - Atletico Madrid vs Juventus - Page 10 Vote_lcap33%Round of 16 - Atletico Madrid vs Juventus - Page 10 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 6 ]
Round of 16 - Atletico Madrid vs Juventus - Page 10 Vote_lcap67%Round of 16 - Atletico Madrid vs Juventus - Page 10 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 18

Round of 16 - Atletico Madrid vs Juventus - Page 10 Empty Re: Round of 16 - Atletico Madrid vs Juventus

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:08 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Serious delusion if anyone thinks Juventus will mount any sort of a comeback and if so their away goal will take such a chance away.

This isn't Frosinone in the Coppa Italia; its Atletico Madrid in the knockout stage of Champions League. An almost decade long experienced side who are experts in the arts of the knockout and defence let alone such expectations.

As much as I'd love a come back from Juve, I pretty much agree with Arquitescu about the difficulty of this 2nd leg and the expectations around it. Don't get me wrong, anything's possible in football, but if Juve actually does come back and qualify to the quarter finals, it's a surprise as big as United's shocking once in a decade overturn of the aggregate score against PSG. The problem is that Atletico is a team that can defend extremely well and every goal conceded against them matters a lot, weighs much heavier than you are used to. Usually, you don't really consider putting 3 or 4 past them in a match.

Both teams are solid, both teams are incredibly strong with excellent players. Don't mind Firenze saying Juve is a mediocre team or that Ateltico isn't actually that good. We're talking here about two of the greatest teams in the world. Juve does have the weapons to put up a fight, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them failing in qualifying further after tomorrow's match. The only team that I love is Man United, but I always liked Juve very much and had a soft spot for them since 2002-2003, so my hope is they'll give everything tomorrow, but I don't have high expectations regarding the final result.

Atletico Madrid is probably the team that should be most feared at the draws of any KO stage in UCL because in this competition nobody except Real Madrid could beat them in a two legged dispute for 6 years and the first occasion was a very close one, finishing 1-0 on agg. for Real Madrid. They got past Milan, Bayern Munich, Chelsea and Barcelona twice. Also, Atleti was very close to winning two UCL's a few years ago and won a Primera. This team is not worse than a few years ago just because last season were unlucky to beat Qarabag twice.

In UCL you need a lot of luck. It depends a lot on the referee, on the number of injuries etc. So, who knows? An early red card and a penalty can change the situation drastically, but realistically speaking, it will be very very hard for Juventus to qualify.

P.S. On GL absolutely every team is shit, lol. No one's good, no one is elite.

Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Round of 16 - Atletico Madrid vs Juventus - Page 10 Empty Re: Round of 16 - Atletico Madrid vs Juventus

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:23 pm

Where is @breva if you need him?!
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:45 pm

Atletico lost to Dortmund 4-0 in the CL a few months ago lol and drew vs Brugge. Of course they aren't elite or one of the best teams around. They're a B+ team in the CL this season. Anyone claiming otherwise is just trying to justify Juventus embarrassing first leg performance.

I repeat, they lost 4-0 in the CL to Dortmund ffs.  We're talking about a team that was knocked out of the Copa over two legs by GIRONA. Can anyone name a single Girona player?!

Neither Juve or Atletico are elite currently.

There are only four elite teams in the CL this season. Loserpool, Spurs, City and Ole's United. :coffee:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:52 pm

UCL starts in the KO phase, don't you know this by now? Laughing

Do I have to remind you that we lost in the league cup against Derby County at home? Laughing Does that really mean anything for what's going on now with the team in UCL? Does Atleti's loss against Girona mean anything for real right now? C'mon...

I repeat, we lost at penalties against Derby County a few months ago. Fact. Laughing

Jokes aside my man @Firenze, we are not elite. Do you really think we are elite? You can't be elite when you rely on Lukaku to save your team, lol. We are Sir Alex Ferguson years away from being elite. We might be on the right path to bring back home the attacking football we were used to for almost three decades with the old man, but there's lot of space for improvement and we need time and patience. Can't make such a big statement at the moment tbh. And it's not only about the results, it's about how we play. I don't feel safe or confident before any of our matches, even now. We are in a good momentum, but it's too soon to say anything else.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:16 pm

Juve's fanbase is so annoying that it makes everyone butthurt Laughing Laughing Not a single day pass without posters bashing Juve, you would think we matter a lot to them and a fair amount of time is wasted at thinking about us. Or is it because they have nothing else to say about their own boring loser clubs ?

Haters, our failure becomes your biggest success. Have fun bitching around as you know nothing else.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:29 pm

Atleti lost 3-1 to fking Solari led Madrid. At the Wanda. They ain't the super team from 2014 anymore so Jjuve losing 2-0 to them actually was ridiculous. Not just lost but did not deserve (nor earned) a single positive result from the 1st leg.

I wouldn't put it past Jjuve to get goals because, once again, this is not the super Atleti side from 2014 but I really don't see the comeback.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:30 pm

Also, as a lifelong hater of all things Jjuve, your failings are food for my soul tbh.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:33 pm

We lost to Derby on penalties, these things happen now and then and we were horrific under Mou. But freak one off results like that DO happen.

Atletico lost over two legs to Girona lol. So yes, it's relevant to their form. That wasn't a fluke result.

Of course I don't consider us elite, too many average players in the team. I'm just messing with PL > stuff. I do think we can beat anyone in the CL though on our night.

Warrior wrote:Juve's fanbase is so annoying that it makes everyone butthurt Laughing Laughing Not a single day pass without posters bashing Juve, you would think we matter a lot to them and a fair amount of time is wasted at thinking about us. Or is it because they have nothing else to say about their own boring loser clubs ?

Haters, our failure becomes your biggest success. Have fun bitching around as you know nothing else.

I'm glad you didn't address me directly because then I'd have brought up that my club just pulled off one of the greatest CL comebacks of all time.

ppl just like laughing at Juve this season because you signed Ronaldo and a lot of Juve fans considered you favourites for the CL. So of course now that looks like a colossal failure you have to take your kicks.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:53 pm

Your comeback was only due to PSG's cuckery and you know it.

Our fanbase is loud and very defensive, i'm aware of it and i play this game myself.

Yet i laugh at posters who mock Juve for its ambizione while their own club's recent history is a big list of failures (except RM fans) so i find it particular to laugh at us when your overall situation is worse. Being the J-Warrior is the easiest job in the world, Juve defends itself really, i just have to write facts Wink
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:55 pm

So , 2-0 , 3-0 , 4-0 or 4-1 ?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:25 pm

1-1
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:54 pm

0-1 Atletico.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:26 pm

3-0 Juventus

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:43 pm

2-1 Jjuve, a close but no cigar scenario.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:52 pm

Doc wrote:2-1 Jjuve, a close but no cigar scenario.

pls don't do this

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:59 pm

CR believes he'll score a hattrick
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:05 pm

Cristiano is off form and has been for weeks.

Allegri is in his statis mode where he doubts any of his decisions that happens during a key period during the season.

Their LB tonight will be Spinazzola, not Sandro.

Mandzukic has been off form since December

The midfield is a finished Matudi, Can without any specific role as typical of him, and a Mezzala in Pjanic (another misuse of him).

Get Ready, Get Ready to Fall Flat.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:06 pm

Easy W confirmed

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:09 pm

Luca wrote:
Doc wrote:2-1 Jjuve, a close but no cigar scenario.

pls don't do this

Oh and you'll miss a sitter to make it 3-0 before Atleti sucker punch you on their 1st shot on goal.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:13 pm

Time to watch CR showing his times up, winning the 5 Ballon D'or was amazing, but with luck also Very Happy Dont think he can lead Juve to overcome Atletico. Anything can happen in football, but Juve would need to have a top top game and deliver quality crosses into him to have any chance. They would need to keep a clean sheet too, very difficult.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:14 pm

gonna watch this game instead of the city game even though i know the city game will have more goals. how stupid is that.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:14 pm

"To make matters worse, historically Juventus have never beaten Atletico Madrid or scored a goal against them, managing only a 0-0 draw here in December 2014 and two away defeats."

And then Rubentini think they will muster anything.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:28 pm

Trash can hearts in this thread

where is my family at?

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:31 pm

Luca wrote:Trash can hearts in this thread

where is my family at?

easy 5-0
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:32 pm

Arquitescu wrote:"To make matters worse, historically Juventus have never beaten Atletico Madrid or scored a goal against them, managing only a 0-0 draw here in December 2014 and two away defeats."

And then Rubentini think they will muster anything.

Historical arguments hold no weight. 4 years ago Bayern fans used to think they are our bestia negra. Now, they think they are our bitch, and rightfully so.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:32 pm

Fratello Proud

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next