What are the Best/Worst Languages for football commentatory for you ?

+16
danyjr
Kebab
Doc
urbaNRoots
Mamad
Unique
Myesyats
M99
Jay29
rincon
Warrior
futbol_bill
BarrileteCosmico
Hapless_Hans
The Madrid One
Sina
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What are the Best/Worst Languages for football commentatory for you ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are the Best/Worst Languages for football commentatory for you ?

Post by futbol_bill Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:52 pm

Duh, almost all of South and Central America speak Spanish, but they are not Spaniards.

Seems you can’t comprend nationality from language spoken.

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

What are the Best/Worst Languages for football commentatory for you ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are the Best/Worst Languages for football commentatory for you ?

Post by Unique Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:47 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Duh, almost all of South and Central America speak Spanish, but they are not Spaniards.

Seems you can’t comprend nationality from language spoken.
and you can’t tell the difference between England Ireland Scotland and Wales. Here’s another clue for you what language are we speaking now. Are we speaking English or British.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:10 pm

Nationality - I was taking about Nationality, yet you keep referring to language!!!

Let me lay it out clearly for you, seeing as you obviously don’t understand my english!

You’re nationality is British or more specifically if you wish an Englishman Brit.

You speak the language English with what one would  assume is an English accent.

Alternatively some of your British commentators speak english with a scotish accent or a welsh accent or even an irish accent or perhaps an english accent.

So all this started with me calling your comment British arrogance (in which I was referring to nationality) and you tried to change in to English arrogance!

If you were trying to tell me that the English are more arrogant than other Brits, then perhaps your chain of posts do indeed demonstrate that point! tongue
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:22 pm

i am English. England Ireland Scotland and Wales are all different countries now except it and move on. Ow and there is no such thing as an English accent either. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:30 pm

The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:07 pm

I don't hate it per se but the two languages I find to be sort of lacking personality are French and Russian football commentators. With the Russian, I am positive it's just a "lost in translation" situation but I do know some French and they just don't have that pizzazz I like in commenting.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:08 am

Unique wrote:i am English British. England Ireland Scotland and Wales are all different countries regions of The nation Britain or more properly United Kingdom. Now except accept it and move on. Ow Oh and there is no such thing as an English accent either. We arrogant  English believe only we speak proper English. Thumbs up

Fixed it for you!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:34 am

futbol_bill wrote:
Unique wrote:i am English British. England Ireland Scotland and Wales are all different countries regions of The nation Britain or more properly United Kingdom. Now except accept it and move on. Ow Oh and there is no such thing as an English accent either. We arrogant  English believe only we speak proper English. Thumbs up

Fixed it for you!
hey pedro don’t tell me what nationality I am son. If your brain was as big as your mouth you would know that nearly every part of England has a different accent. And of course proper English is spoken in England we invented it. Another piece of information for you. The welsh Irish and jocks all have there own language but they mostly speak English because they are ruled by England. Now fuck off pedro and don’t @me about stuff you know nothing about. eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:43 am

Testy!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:46 am

And by the way how is ruling that country or nation called Ireland working for you?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:49 am

futbol_bill wrote:And by the way how is ruling that country or nation called Ireland working for you?
great. They have a bitch and moan now and then but they always end up doing what they are told Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:50 am

Do you tell them to be redheads ? Because that's what they do the most
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:14 am

Warrior wrote:Do you tell them to be redheads ? Because that's what they do the most
Laughing it’s true a lot of the Irish are gingers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:54 am

OOOO OOOOO babababaaaa
Arabic obviously is the best
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:11 am

That's a fucking cracker of a moniker, Kebab! Legendary stuff right there.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:07 pm

Myesyats wrote:That's a fucking cracker of a moniker, Kebab! Legendary stuff right there.
legendary people did it Very Happy
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:28 am

• Like: Spanish (Argentina), Spanish (Spain), Italian, Portuguese (Brazil), English
  • Indifferent: French, Romanian, German, Spanish (Mexican)
  • Dislike: Arabic, Chinese, Eastern European language (Russian, Ukrainian, Polish etc), Portuguese (Portugal)
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:49 am

+1 for French commentary

urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:47 pm

Who are your favorite commentator for each League?

i like Richard Whittall for Serie A and Peter Drury for PL/CL

very much dislike Ray Hudson's style ,very annoying
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:50 pm

Sina wrote:Who are your favorite commentator for each League?

i like Richard Whittall for Serie A and Peter Drury for PL/CL

very much dislike Ray Hudson's style ,very annoying

In context of English and when I cannot find Italiano for Serie A, the pairing of Richard Whittle and Paul Visca, the latter with his melodious distinct tone are the best in football period, and individually both themselves.

Whittle's knowledge of Calcio and the understanding behind it is stellar paired with his passion that you can hear.

Peter Drury can be a little selective when it comes to Chelsea per say but slowly has evolved into a very pleasing commentator without forced signature plays on goals to make a trademark.

Ray Hudson is by far the most overrated commentator of all time. Watching him commentate for Barça and that being for Messi, along with his now 4 year run out of tired metaphors and similes that do not even make sense tell me he is a total hack. His whole commentary is based around his forced analogies and just distracts from the game itself.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 80s_Stallone Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:50 pm

Ray Hudson is the worst... every other word is "magic!!" from a simple flick on. Other than that he is orgasming over run of the mill plays. Its distracting and irritating.

Richard Whittle and Paul Visca are the dream duo of English commentating on Serie A, but for Serie A I prefer Italian and Spanish.
80s_Stallone
80s_Stallone
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sampdoria

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:56 am

Spanish easily for me is best. My favorites to listen to Pablo Ramirez and Mariano Closs. I also like French and Italian commentators cause they also get into it when they commentate and a shoutout to Arab commentators too and another to the British guy who commentates Wolves games. Pure energy that guy, loved him immediately as well as Jon Champion

Worst: *sigh* Some Brazilian commentator who I heard during Brazil 2018 in ESPN En Espanol. I never got his name but god he was so boring I decided to watch some matches in English. Wasnt expecting that level of boredom. There are others too Ive heard that I don't like but cant remember their names

Last edited by Lord Awesome on Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:03 am

search Eric Collins Charlotte Hornets on YouTube... nothing comes close
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2