Is this the worst referee decision in Football this year?

+5
dmize
BarrileteCosmico
Collblanc
CBarca
Rebaño Sagrado
9 posters

Go down

Is this the worst referee decision in Football this year?  Empty Is this the worst referee decision in Football this year?

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:36 pm

Is this the worst referee decision in Football this year?  Dez2.0
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Is this the worst referee decision in Football this year?  Empty Re: Is this the worst referee decision in Football this year?

Post by CBarca Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:06 pm

Pretty clear to me he didn't have possession of the ball :coffee:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Is this the worst referee decision in Football this year?  Empty Re: Is this the worst referee decision in Football this year?

Post by Collblanc Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:07 pm

thumble
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:10 pm

No.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:21 pm

Wasn't even the worse ref decision in the last 7-8 days.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2015/1/4/7492057/lions-cowboys-refs-flag-pass-interference

The amount of missed/awful calls in that game is still mind blowing to me. One play had defensive holding, defensive PI, unsportsmanlike conduct on Dez for taking off his helmet, not one called.Then the major hold on the 4th down play to Witten, the blatant holds on Ansah and Suh on every snap after that...

edit: https://twitter.com/MichaelDavSmith/status/551904533522034688/photo/1

https://twitter.com/BradGalli/status/551898471137951744/photo/1

https://twitter.com/WorldofIsaac/status/551902829024411650/photo/1

https://twitter.com/PHIEagleFans/status/551902541903314944/photo/1

football gods got it right in the end though Thumbs up
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:40 pm

This isn't a bad call but its an awful rule.

He catches the ball with two hands, then transfers it to the other.

His knee and elbow BOTH hit the ground before the ball does. Once his knee or elbow touches the ground, anything that happens after that should be irrelevant. The player is down. lf a player is down he shouldn't be able to do anything to "undo" the play that just happened. l don't get the logic that the ground cant cause a fumble but can cause an incompletion.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:42 pm

Holding for some reason only gets called on the defense these days. Watt gets held every game and it doesn't get called. But to announce the penalty and then take it back was ridiculous. I hated how both of these games ended.

Common sense should override any stupid rule. Dez caught the ball and reached out for the endzone. His elbow was down even before the ball hit the ground. Such a dumb way to end the game.

And why was this moved from the General Football Section hmm
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:52 pm

Gee.. I wonder why It was moved hmm
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:52 pm

lmfao I just moved it to GS to troll you but then I read your last sentence Laughing

ffs GL mods one step ahead
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:04 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:Holding for some reason only gets called on the defense these days. Watt gets held every game and it doesn't get called. But to announce the penalty and then take it back was ridiculous. I hated how both of these games ended.

Common sense should override any stupid rule. Dez caught the ball and reached out for the endzone. His elbow was down even before the ball hit the ground. Such a dumb way to end the game.

I agree that should absolutely be a catch, but with the rule being unchanged since the Calvin Johnson play... imo they had to call it that way. Especially being the same ref, criticism would be coming from the opposite direction about how you call the Megatron play a no-catch(where I think he had possession longer and basically placed the ball down), but this ones a catch.

Steratore couldn't win. Just change that rule already. They talked about it the season after the CJ play but nothing came of it.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:54 am

RealGunner wrote:lmfao I just moved it to GS to troll you but then I read your last sentence Laughing

ffs GL mods one step ahead

:coffee:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down