The Demon of Carthage
sportsczy
Hapless_Hans
Firenze
Mr Nick09
42 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Conte Internazionale Milano sack watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Conte Internazionale Milano sack watch

Post by Kick Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:21 am

Di Marzio has gone from transfer oracle to Conte stalker?

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Conte Internazionale Milano sack watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Conte Internazionale Milano sack watch

Post by Robespierre Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:37 am

Antonio Conte aimed to do as Charles De Gaulle in 1962 Leveraging the consent of the popular masses so as to get more powers.
Probably club will satisfy it.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:27 am

Conte staying effectively probably will lower chance of Messi coming to Milan me thinks, sorry Robes - his tactics , his coaching methodology is counter-intuitive to how messi plays
The biggest advantage for messi coming to Italy, is he can settle easily privately and he can have a good tax break in italy compared to other places.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:41 am

JespSwe wrote:Conte staying effectively probably will lower chance of Messi coming to Milan me thinks, sorry Robes - his tactics , his coaching methodology is counter-intuitive to how messi plays

Honestly zero chances for Messi , both under Conte and without Conte

Rather I hope he beings to put Eriksen at the centre of its Inter . The Danish was the only reason that I could prefer Allegri over Conte indeed
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:50 am

Robespierre wrote:
JespSwe wrote:Conte staying effectively probably will lower chance of Messi coming to Milan me thinks, sorry Robes - his tactics , his coaching methodology is counter-intuitive to how messi plays

Honestly zero chances for Messi , both under Conte and without Conte

Rather I hope he beings to put Eriksen at the centre of its Inter . The Danish was the only reason that I could prefer Allegri over Conte indeed

Without Conte .. i would give much higher odds of him being at Inter (perhaps under Allegri). You know that allegri would build team around messi for sure.
Privately setting though, being in Italy is the best choice for Messi though, for himself and family. * got italians got argentiians, tax breaks, language wouldnt be issue, milano would be lit.

That is another problem, for both Eriksen and Conte having each other now XD It was painful to see playing brozovic as AM last game when he could have played deep and eriksen as AM. Feels that eriksen may not get chance at all, I hear that Tonali deal is finally close to being done now.  

even as milan fan, it is exciting to have a level of expectation on your coach XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:53 am

Question btw - after Conte held talks with Inter president zhang, whats the deal here, Conte will have bigger say in the market and with assurance now? how are they going on with that? he wanted better control over transfer, and management of the club entirely no?

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:48 am

What the heck

This inter team is in shambles.

@Robes, how long till Conte's gone?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:59 am

Oh Damn Conte flopping yet again in Europe yet again in the group stages. What else is new? Proud

Theres a very small chance Inter make it out now as it is. Cant wait for his next bag of excuses.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:18 pm

11-10-11 that's his CL results as of now
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:57 am

Bro fr this guy is aiming for the Europa League so he can reach the final (and get BTFO by Sevilla again)
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:39 am

Save us Allegri
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:50 pm

Ole Conte swap deal?
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:59 pm

I was confident that they'd finish 3rd and go to EL where they'd crash out at some point.

Toupee outdone himself. 4th rofl
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:01 pm

It is actually comical as to how good Toupee is in a league in contrast to Toupee in Europe.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:03 pm

Conte Internazionale Milano sack watch - Page 9 BeFunky-collage-2020-08-22T034612.103-scaled-1-e1598099513750
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:06 pm

Firenze wrote:Ole Conte swap deal?

Do you want Europa league football next season as well?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:06 pm

Arquitecto wrote:It is actually comical as to how good Toupee is in a league in contrast to Toupee in Europe.

With no European distraction this basically guarantees them the Scudetto. Schedule is fucked because of season starting late and they'll be playing once a week next year unlike us, Juve, Roma, Atalanta, Lazio. Congrats in advance to Robes.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:09 pm

Said in the other thread this leaves the man with no excuse not to win given their expenditure, squad nearly primed together and weaker competition this time around.

I believe he can as after the Chelsea win in his first year I was astounded in his league to league wins.

Literally the opposite of Ancelotti.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:25 pm

Was hoping they finish third. In crucial moments of the season they will have better rest. Not the best of news for Juve and Milan in this close race for the title.

But the glass is also half full. Funny to see Inter Milan finish last and now Conte has an aesthetically pleasing 11-11-11 CL record Laughing
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:37 pm

Capello being interviewed in Sky italia wben Capello asked do you actually have a Plan B when things don’t work?

“We do have a Plan B, but I won’t talk about it here, otherwise that’ll be a total disaster and that’ll leak out too.”

“It was either Alexis or Eriksen for Gagliardini, but I preferred to add another striker and go for the win. When I saw Lautaro was out of steam, I introduced Eriksen.”

There is a great deal of regret and disappointment, but I absolutely do not feel we were lacking determination, focus or aggression.

“We lacked a goal and throughout the Champions League campaign, we have not been fortunate with referees and the VAR. If you go back and look at all the situations that were not seen or evaluated, then…

You can have your opinion, I respect that. I do not agree, because I think the team gave all it had, did all it needed to. It’s incredible that over two games that we dominated against Shakhtar, we didn’t score a single goal.

“I don’t agree we lacked determination at all. My players gave their all tonight, so I absolutely do not agree.”

---------------------------------------------------------------

Conte quotes are getting better and better every post match lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:39 pm

well Conte has still 27 matches in Serie A to course correct himself Razz given the quality and depth he has in his team, if he gets right in those 27 games ... really he has everything in his disposal to win scudetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:57 pm

Toupee wrote: Antonio Conte snapped at reporters to ‘think before asking questions’ and explained his choices in Inter’s Champions League exit to Shakhtar Donetsk.

The Nerazzurri would’ve qualified for the Round of 16 if they had beaten Shakhtar Donetsk at San Siro, but only managed a 0-0 draw.

Shakhtar built their success with home and away victories against Real Madrid, scoring in total just five goals in six games.

On the other hand, Inter drew 0-0 both in Ukraine and at San Siro and it’s the first time ever they have finished bottom of their Champions League group.

Conte was visibly irritated when interviewed by Sky Sport Italia after the game and immediately snapped at reporters who asked if there was a lack of determination for a must-win fixture.

“You can have your opinion, I respect that. I do not agree, because I think the team gave all it had, did all it needed to. It’s incredible that over two games that we dominated against Shakhtar, we didn’t score a single goal.

“I don’t agree we lacked determination at all. My players gave their all tonight, so I absolutely do not agree.

“We have to evaluate everything with cool heads, not after an exit like this. There is a great deal of regret and disappointment, but I absolutely do not feel we were lacking determination, focus or aggression.

“We lacked a goal and throughout the Champions League campaign, we have not been fortunate with referees and the VAR. If you go back and look at all the situations that were not seen or evaluated, then…

“Having said that, there is disappointment because we had the chances, but if you don’t score goals, you don’t win.”

Sky pundit Fabio Capello said there was not the determination, the desire to win at all costs, but Conte just shrugged.

“I have no response to that.”

Conte was asked about the substitutions, as he didn’t make any until Ivan Perisic at the 68th minute for Ashley Young.

Alexis Sanchez replaced Roberto Gagliardini at the 75th, then Christian Eriksen, Matteo Darmian and Danilo D’Ambrosio were last-gasp attempts on 86 minutes.

“I introduced Alexis Sanchez with 20 minutes to go including stoppages. We would’ve been unbalanced with three strikers, but then I think Lautaro ran out of steam. In midfield, those were the players I had.

“It was either Alexis or Eriksen for Gagliardini, but I preferred to add another striker and go for the win. When I saw Lautaro was out of steam, I introduced Eriksen.”

When Conte was asked how come Inter drew 0-0 with Shakhtar both home and away when they beat this team 5-0 in the Europa League semi-final in August, his mood turned even more sour.

“Shakhtar came here and transformed their tactics against us in order to neutralise us. They lost 5-0, so that’s why they changed. Think before asking questions!”

The presenter Conte snapped at was Anna Billò, who is married to PSG director Leonardo.

Capello then asked do you actually have a Plan B when things don’t work, seeing as Shakhtar changed to face him?

“We do have a Plan B, but I won’t talk about it here, otherwise that’ll be a total disaster and that’ll get neutralised too.”

Toupee absolutely fuming post match. Respectful to Capello as expected but snapped at Leonard's wife.

Fair to him he is right on all he said but drawing 0-0 to Shaktar on both legs makes no sense to me.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:38 pm

Warrior wrote:
But the glass is also half full. Funny to see Inter Milan finish last and now Conte has an aesthetically pleasing 11-11-11 CL record Laughing

Props to him, thats mad consistent.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:54 am

lol what a colorful stat... just like my highschool grades Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:55 am

somehow i feel that due to this antics at inter with Conte, once he leaves, i have a weird feeling that Mourinho is going to make a comeback at Inter

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:23 pm

Conte has won 3 of his last 15 European matches. It is safe to say short two legged returns simply do not suit him in this stage of his career or its a mental block from the early part of his coaching career where he was criticised as a European letdown.

Given the sample size of leagues compared to Europe it doesnt actually mean that much despite Europe being prioritised more but it does mean if this does continue from next year, he will be a lot less desirable to hire from clubs looking to try their chance in Europe.

Finishing at least third and winning the EL could have shaken it off but alas he finished fourth.

As for Mourinho, its always been destined he will return but I feel he wants to when he is back to his best against or least with the confidence he used to have.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next