Freeza
Luca
CBarca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Mr Nick09
38 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

WC best/worst player - power ranking  Empty WC best/worst player - power ranking

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:44 am

[KNOCKOUT STAGE]

BEST PLAYERS: Golden Ball

No 1: Mbappe - What a a game he had, if there was ever a way to put himself on the map, he did it. Skewered through Argentina like hot knife through butter. Argentina was leaving a lot of space behind and he destroyed them. Im curious to see what he can do vs Uruguay.

No 2: Cavani - Great finisher, that second goal was just ridiculous of technique. Sent CR packing like a boss. What did he have? 2 chances 2 goals? a shame he is injured for the next game.

No 3 : Schmeichel - he is my first keeper on the list, even though his team went out. He had some great saves, namely the penalty in game vs Modric and then the shoot outs. Probably peaking in his career and it's a nice moment to show it.

No 4: Subasic - Even if he won the PKs i put him below Schmeichel for his in game error. Still ended up being decisive overall and got his team to the next round.

No 5: Hazard: Casper is finally starting to show up on big moments, he will never be a good scorer but he is at least showing up and delivery key assists in big games.

No 6: Neymar - I know he dives too much, but i still think he is getting better and better this tournament. He gets tripled teams and abused but he still delivers

No 7: Pogba - Pogbinho is becoming a real footballer with no fancy haircut and less useless tricks. Handled himself like a real man in midfield vs mascherano and co

No. 8: Kagawa - I really hesitated here between him and Inui but ultimately i felt like he had a greater impact on the game, running circles around Belgium, great niche player.

No 9: Forsberg - Finally came through for his team, even on a deflected shot, he put them through.

No 10: Godin: He has been great all tournament but being in an easy group with 0 attacking threat i wanted to how it would carry vs better sides. he handled his business and helped shut off CR for the win.

WORST: Plastic Ball

No 1: Pique: NUMPTY UNO. what a walking disaster, i would argue Nacho is a better player than this guy nowadays. was horrible for Spain in every game.  

No 2: Pepe - NUMPTY DOIS. I mean, this former la liga lads are having a killing here. Pepe was once a great stomper but his best days are behind. chose the wrong game to screw up.

No 3: Carlos Sanchez - He started the world cup with a red card and ends it by handicapping his team vs England. hope his family is safe back home.

No 4: Rojo: Hero to minus zero, got absolutely rekt by Mbappe. it's not easy to cover space vs a speed demon but still, got to do better.

No 5 - Enzo: I can copy and paste all that i said about him in the group stage, hardly ever seen such a bad player.

No 6: De Gea - Tops the list of most useless player in the world cup, the supposedly best GK in the world is supposed to be a tiny bit more i think. disappointing.

No 7 - XHAKA: Granit CaCa i can't believe wenger spent 40 mil on this banteristic player. Emery needs to sign Krychowiak asap Laughing

No 8 - Armani: Should really have done better on that 1v1 vs Barca to give his team a lifeline but he lost his challenge and a seemingly winnable battle. fate is cruel, he sent Mbappe on his way to greatness and him, maybe wnt play for argentina again.

No 9: Dzemaili - In such a close game it's a shame he couldnt step up to the moment, he wasn;t even having such a bad world cup. oh well

No 10 Guedes: He escaped the list all world cup thanks to the germans but who did he shot his stock down lol. I dont know where is the guy i watched in valencia for the first 6 months of the year but this aint him

GROUP STAGE :

ROUND 2:

ROUND 1:

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:01 am; edited 23 times in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

WC best/worst player - power ranking  Empty Re: WC best/worst player - power ranking

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:49 am

Didn't watch Germany, Brazil or Belgium games but my only question would be maybe Costa from Spain?

Thought he was really good personally, only really outshone by Ronaldo in that game. That game was so good i feel like two reps there is probably justified lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

WC best/worst player - power ranking  Empty Re: WC best/worst player - power ranking

Post by CBarca Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:51 am

Isco?

He was incredible vs Portugal. I'd give it to him over Hazard
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:51 am

Isco would be fine also tbh, although it should be mentioned there's still one group to play Razz
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:56 am

Yeah i took off hazard, they played one of the worst team in the tourney, i can't reward him too much
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:17 am

I'd put Gimenez of Uruguay among the best, got the winner and absolutely bossed the back line.

I much liked Lucas Hernandez for France, always involved.

Suarez among the worst, uffff did he ever suck

The rest seems good- I would maybe wait until after tomorrow's matches for this as there are four teams still to play and then do it like a matchday 1, matchday 2 type of thing

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:20 am

After reading chat during the Denmark game I'd have though Kasper deserved a place on here hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:20 am

Ozil in plastic ball please... did nothing

That bald DM from Iceland deserves top 3 Defence d'Or so far Thumbs up
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:22 am

Luca wrote:I'd put Gimenez of Uruguay among the best, got the winner and absolutely bossed the back line.

I much liked Lucas Hernandez for France, always involved.

Suarez among the worst, uffff did he ever suck

The rest seems good- I would maybe wait until after tomorrow's matches for this as there are four teams still to play and then do it like a matchday 1, matchday 2 type of thing
yeah i wanted to get the thread out, but tomorrow i will include performances from the day.

i will also have per round summaries and combined summaries.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:26 am

I assume you mean Costa, as in Diego Costa vs Portugal. If not, he should definitely be there. If that is what you meant, then that's a good spot for him.

Another plastic ball nominee should be Layun, was absolutely wasteful for Mexico. The number 10 for Tunisia, Khazri was the worst player I've seen so far so he can be there. Should Walker be there? Tunisia didn't offer anything besides the pk which he caused all on his own, feel he should. Pique? Nah, would be too harsh but I need the numbers.

So, to help with the Plastic ball nominess:
1- De Gea
2- Khedira
3- Umtiti
4- Messi
5: Cueva
6: Layun
7: Khazri
8: Walker
9: Pique?
10: ????
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:30 am

Suarez @ that #10 spot

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:34 am

great feedback doc, i can definitely add them lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:46 am

You could easily slip in Ozil for Pique if you find it to be too harsh. They both had a similar level of mediocrity to their game.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:57 am

Costa's description is weird imo.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:01 am

i was moving names around, and i left the description for another one. Updated.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:07 am

Iceland need at least 1 player in that top 10 imo. Anyone of Gunnarsson, Bjarnason or Halldorsson.

Wasn't impressed by Pogba. Looked disinterested and misplaced several passes before the goal. Don't think he did enough to get in either list.

Kolarov is worthy of at least honorable mention as well for that FK as well.

Thought Khazri was one of Tunisia's brighter players actually. Surprised to see him in the "worst" category.

Good lists overall though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:29 pm

The Moroccan player who scored an own goal.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:13 pm

Carlos Sanchez - worst
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOneWhoKnocks Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:47 pm

First post, long-time reader of the forum!

Great list, but I have slightly different opinions:

- Pogba: For me he was very poor besides the lucky goal (that has been taken away from him later)
- Cueva: Missed the PK, otherwise very active and the main creative force for Peru. Very Messi-esque performance, but relative to skill level/expectations I think it is too hard to put him on the list for one mistake. But I see why he is there. Without the PK miss he might be playing himself into a move to Europe...

BEST PLAYERS: Golden Ball
1. Cristiano (obvious)
2. Golovin
3. Costa
4. Modric
5. Kane
6. Isco
7. Kolarov
8. Halldorsson (Iceland's goalie)
9. Sakai
10. Lozano

HM: Elneny, Sainsbury, Granqvist, South-Koreas goalie (Cho?), Lukaku, Quintero (shame that he was subbed so early), Henderson

Plastic balls:

1. Suarez (worst player on the pitch by far)
2. Umtiti
3. Walker
4. De Gea
5. Khedira
6. Messi
7. Davinson Sanchez (awful, I like him but this was a shocker)
8. Boussoufa
9. Saudi-Arabia's CBs (you have to include them Laughing Laughing )
10. Hwang (really wasteful)

HM: Alderweireld (looks out of touch), Carlos Sanchez, Biglia, Son, Carrasco, Sterling

TheOneWhoKnocks
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:57 pm

Great list and welcome to the forum.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:00 pm

Can we at least wait for round 3 or something? Proper kneejerking thread this one.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:02 pm

TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:First post, long-time reader of the forum!

Good post. Stick around.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:03 pm

Carlos Sanchez gifting a penalty, getting a red card, and now to miss the Poland match. All under 10 minutes for Colombia
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:07 pm

Can you say someone "gifts a penalty" when they concede the penalty preventing a certain goal?

It's not really the same as clumsily fouling someone on the edge of the box in no immediate danger

It's not a gift then, it's the price you have to pay
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:08 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Can we at least wait for round 3 or something? Proper kneejerking thread this one.

Power ranking is an ever changing list usually done week-to-week. It's literally the point of a power ranking my dude

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next