guest7
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Real Madrid and Franco - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Madrid and Franco

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:23 pm

hrealmadrid wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:
hrealmadrid wrote:If you read the book Soccernomics it explains how Franco's policies helped boost the sport in general based on the ideas he allowed in and the funding he regulated.

I'm assuming that book is in english so right away it's a biased story. We know that Franco did a lot of bad things during his time, but to say he had corrupt influence on Real Madrid, I believe it's a stretch. I have a lot of friends that are Barca fans (everyone in Spain is either for Real Madrid or Barcelona - in addition to whatever local team they might support) and we just believe it's an intense futbol rivalry, nothing more.

These stories are just some media folks trying to stir up controversy.

This had nothing to do with Madrid or Barcelona. It had to do with his economic policies and how what he allowed into/out of the country subsequently affected football. The book is purely statistical.

This thread was about a suggested Franco fixed game between Barca and RMadrid.They were asking me if I knew if there was any truth to it - nothing about the english book you are referring to!!!!!

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid and Franco - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Madrid and Franco

Post by Jeps33178 Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:35 pm

This brings back so many memories from the Giancarlo/Fadi days. Those were true trolls

Anyway, OT, No. Alot of people suspect that Franco used us in a way of propaganda against catalunya because of the civil war going on in spain back then but in fact Franco did not help.

For a long time, even while Franco was in reign, Madrid showed to be, and I hate to say it, a weaker and lesser team than many sides across spain including Barcelona. Madrid overturning a title-less decade was all at the hands of reigns of Santiago Bernabeu. A quote from the article posted above regarding Barcelona and Bilbao, the two most anti-madrid sides in Spain

"Regarding the match this chapter deals with, one could hardly understand
how Franco’s men could have helped Real Madrid win Barcelona 11-1 and
let them lose the Cup final against Bilbao (0-1). Kind of a waste, huh?"

Regardless, we can go on talking and arguing about this endlessly, and Ide rather not comment on it too much
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2