Babun
Hapless_Hans
Kick
43 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Ze German Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Ze German Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:45 pm

Imagine hyping the German Pedro so much ffs.

His competition was Julian Brandt and he lost out, tough shit. I‘m sure he will improve in the future to be included.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:45 pm

Sane is world class for City, for Germany he was garbage in every game he played. He was even shit in the last couple of games he played for City, he didn't finish the season very good. And now vs Austria he had an abysmal performance. World cup is a fast tournament, you need players who will perform now, not call Sane and expect him to magically perform for the NT even if he never did. He just doesn't suit the team. But let's trust the arm chair fans because they know the team better than Low even if Low is the current world champion. Laughing
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:48 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Imagine hyping the German Pedro so much ffs.

Agreed, I don't get why you are hyping Muller either tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:55 pm

BusterLfc wrote:Sane is world class for City, for Germany he was garbage in every game he played. He was even shit in the last couple of games he played for City, he didn't finish the season very good. And now vs Austria he had an abysmal performance. World cup is a fast tournament, you need players who will perform now, not call Sane and expect him to magically perform for the NT even if he never did. He just doesn't suit the team. But let's trust the arm chair fans because they know the team better than Low even if Low is the current world champion. Laughing

The last part is such a tired and stupid argument, just because Lowe has had success doesn't mean every decision he makes is correct and people can't disagree with it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:01 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Imagine hyping the German Pedro so much ffs.

Agreed, I don't get why you are hyping Muller either tbh.

Ze German Thread - Page 3 N4kSGis

OUT.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:04 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Why is his performance been solid for City, but not Germany? Is it a tactically thing? Does Low prefer inverted wingers to pure wingers?

I have no idea. The difference though, as I have written a couple of days ago too, is striking. I have not once seen him perform well for the NT, he looks lost, out of sync, makes bad decisions and doesn't produce successful actions. (btw, he's more than 'solid' for City, he's been fantastic)

Therefor, it's not completely crazy that Löw is doing this.
Both Reus and Draxler must be considered ahead of him at LW, Draxler because of NT seniority and because he has performed well for the Nt on a number of occasions.
As jibers said, Brandt is the only true right winger, with Müller and Goretzka as right sided AMs. Müller will start.

I still think it's wrong. I think it's just a matter of time until Sané clicks, and he's without a doubt the best of the youngsters. I simply don't think you can afford to leave such quality at home.
But, again, NT has its own record, from which it derives a good part of its hierarchy, and Sané has not convinced for the NT.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:05 pm

BusterLfc wrote:Sane is world class for City, for Germany he was garbage in every game he played. He was even shit in the last couple of games he played for City, he didn't finish the season very good. And now vs Austria he had an abysmal performance. World cup is a fast tournament, you need players who will perform now, not call Sane and expect him to magically perform for the NT even if he never did. He just doesn't suit the team. But let's trust the arm chair fans because they know the team better than Low even if Low is the current world champion. Laughing

The last part is such a tired and stupid argument, just because Lowe has had success doesn't mean every decision he makes is correct and people can't disagree with it.

He has a good point tho. The WC is a fast tournament and you need players in form . no need to take in a player who '' might '' perform because of his potential.
That being said , it's always good to have such a player in your squad ( I have never seen Brandt play so I am biaised ) .

Last edited by LeBéninois on Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:05 pm

Didn't realise we were living in the past.

Should call up Ballack too then imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:07 pm

I can't see where you're coming from either, Mole. I mean I completely agree with you that Sané has done enough to earn his ticket to Russia, but is he a difference maker? I tend to believe otherwise.

He would've definitely strengthened the Germans had he been included. But if Germany fails to win the WC, it won't be because they didn't take Sané with them.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:08 pm

LeBéninois wrote:

He has a good point tho. The WC is a fast tournament and you need players in form . no need to take in a player who '' might '' perform because of his potential.

Eh?

Ozil, Muller, Reus, Draxler etc are not in form lol.

Sane was in better form than all of them if that's your argument.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:12 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I can't see where you're coming from either, Mole. I mean I completely agree with you that Sané has done enough to earn his ticket to Russia, but is he a difference maker? I tend to believe otherwise.

He would've definitely strengthened the Germans had he been included. But if Germany fails to win the WC, it won't be because they didn't take Sané with them.

Of course he's a difference maker lmao, he's been probably the 2nd best player on a Man City team which broke all records.

It's like I'm in some bizarro world where everything is the opposite to reality in this thread.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:14 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I can't see where you're coming from either, Mole. I mean I completely agree with you that Sané has done enough to earn his ticket to Russia, but is he a difference maker? I tend to believe otherwise.

That's the question though. Has he really? He's played 12 games for the NT, started 6, has never convinced and hasn't scored once.
Anyone who remembers my posts about him knows what a fan I am, but he's been surprisingly poor every single time he's played NT games.

Which performance should be the ones a NT coach values most for his decisions? Club games? Or NT performances?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:16 pm

LeBéninois wrote:

Eh?

Ozil, Muller, Reus, Draxler etc are not in form lol.

Sane was in better form than all of them if that's your argument.

Not for the NT. Which is the point you don't really seem to get.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:19 pm

Both should be important, but you don't completely ignore and hold all faith in the other.

This is up there with the times those stupid Brazil and Argentina call ups where they call up local players because the foreign based players "don't care as much".

It's thoroughly idiotic imo, I'd understand not starting him but not taking him is thoroughly stupid personally.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:23 pm

Apparently it's stupid not to select players who don't play well for your team. scratch
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:23 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Both should be important, but you don't completely ignore and hold all faith in the other.

This is up there with the times those stupid Brazil and Argentina call ups where they call up local players because the foreign based players "don't care as much".

It's thoroughly idiotic imo, I'd understand not starting him but not taking him is thoroughly stupid personally.

I think he should have taken him too. My first reaction was absolute outrage.
But tbh part of me understands why he hasn't.
At the end of the day, world class over the whole Pl season and all, Sané hasn't taken his chances to become part of the NT squad. He blew them, every one of them. Period.

Let's not pretend like Löw doesn't follow PL, like he isn't aware how stunning Sané season was. But I'm sure you don't watch Germany qualifers or friendlies.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:27 pm

Hans is right, I think. Both should be important, true. But whether we like it or not, NT performances carry more weight in the eyes of the NT coach than club games. In that I mean, while Low must've definitely liked Sané at City, he wasn't able to make him perform at the same level with Germany, and he didn't deem Sané important enough to alter his tactics to suit his talent.

Most coaches couldn't care less about a player's talent if they don't perform well with their tactics. Just compare Isco with Spain and Isco with Madrid.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:31 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:while Low must've definitely liked Sané at City, he wasn't able to make him perform at the same level with Germany, and he didn't deem Sané important enough to alter his tactics to suit his talent.

That's exactly it. At the current point in time, that is.
In the future, Sané will become without a doubt a central performer for the NT, but as of now he's still a newbie, and as a newbie he hasn't done enough to be preferred to Reus, or even Draxler, with Brandt having the luck of covering a different position.
IMO I would have taken Sané for Brandt though. Sané can play on the right too, and Brandt's NT performances haven't been much more impressive than Sané's.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:31 pm

He was competing with Reus and Draxler for the LW spot. Both perform for the NT, Sane doesn't, it's easy. Even if you argue he could go instead of Brandt, Brandt was quality for Germany so it's not a good point. This is the World cup, where you play your best performing team at the given moment, it's not a time to play Sane and hope he suddenly gels with the team. People often forget loading the team with people who played well in their club doesn't mean the national team will be strong since there is much less time to bind them into a proper unit. Better use those who fit in the system.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:32 pm

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:37 pm

At some point you have to realise that because players performed in the past doesn't mean they are magically going to stop playing like they have for the past few years.

At the same time you have to trust one of the most talented players you have shows up as he has all season.

Just don't be surprised when the players you are relying on are not as reliable as you think they are.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:38 pm

Low, like Deschamps, is the great equalizer lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:49 pm

Mole's seems like a classic argument of someone who isn't a fan of, or doesn't closely follow, the team in question.

What matters to Germany are the players that perform for Germany. That's all there is to it. Low follows Sane, has called up Sane a bunch, and actually called up and played Sane for the preliminary team.

You are acting like he has given him no chances. If Low, and most importantly the GL Germany crew, says that there is logic to this. Then its probably not an outrage, or the decision that may break Germany in the WC.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:01 pm

I hate that the only argument is low did it so it must be right.

No less stupid than those arguments that your opinion don't matter because you didn't play professionally footballers use.

Usually it would tell me that the people saying this can't think for themselves but I know you all better.

But in any case I read Low said it was close race between Brandnt and Sane, which immediately tells me Low is racist tbh so it now makes sense.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:04 pm

Both Reus and Müller have been in top form.
Mole is having a complete shocker in here.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:06 pm

Reus with them 11 games of form.

Muller rofl I know for a fact that isn't true.

BTW don't bring up friendlies, a couple of meaningless games doesn't constitute "form".
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next