RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

FIFA 19 Empty Re: FIFA 19

Post by Art Morte Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:46 am

Decided to buy FIFA 18 a few weeks ago when I saw it was 20€ on Origin (I had FIFA 16, never bought 17). Unimpressed. Passing is incredibly easy, every player pinging perfectly accurate, perfectly weighted passes to just the right corridors, doesn't really matter are you sprinting at full speed, facing away or standing on your head, either. And defending, on the other hand, ridiculously hard. You're, like, able to move your players more nimbly with the ball than without it, wtf?

Also, tried Career Mode and discovered there's a bug in contract renewals, over half a year into the game, that sometimes prevents you from extending players' contracts, wtf again?

So, yeah, defo not going anywhere near FIFA 19.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:13 pm

Laughing

I quite enjoy Fifa 18 but not sure if I will get 19. Too addicting Razz
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:27 pm

They'll have CL rights this year, PES lost them (rofl), definitely a day 1 for me
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:42 pm

Imagine caring that much about a really bad game mode, imagine living that life.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:58 pm

thumbnail is new celebrations, sad thing is they'll end up being the most substantial 'new feature' Laughing

so glad I broke free from FIFA addiction
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Imagine caring that much about a really bad game mode, imagine living that life.

No need to hate brother, we all enjoy different things, that's the beauty of life
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:19 pm

You made me feel bad Sad

As a result of that I hope all your dreams come true during e3 tbh. Heart
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:43 pm

I personally enjoy playing FIFA 18, just like I enjoyed playing the last few FIFA games.. despite their many flaws. As for the perfectly pinged passes, it doesn't matter what they make of it. There will always be people who love the changes to passing, and there will always be those who hate it. Personally, I really disliked how flawed and restrictive the pre-patch, "realistic passing" in FIFA 18 was, but Kick really loved it if I remember correctly. I also complained about the nerf to defending, as a means of promoting attacking play, but I recall some people on here praising that change - which makes no sense to me, since all they did was cut down on the reaction time and movement speed of defenders ffs Laughing

Are you playing the world cup mode in ultimate team, ES? I haven't had much time to play games lately, but I played it for a bit and I like how easy it is to obtain new players in the WC mode.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:01 pm

Thimmy wrote:I personally enjoy playing FIFA 18, just like I enjoyed playing the last few FIFA games.. despite their many flaws. As for the perfectly pinged passes, it doesn't matter what they make of it. There will always be people who love the changes to passing, and there will always be those who hate it. Personally, I really disliked how flawed and restrictive the pre-patch, "realistic passing" in FIFA 18 was, but Kick really loved it if I remember correctly. I also complained about the nerf to defending, as a means of promoting attacking play, but I recall some people on here praising that change - which makes no sense to me, since all they did was cut down on the reaction time and movement speed of defenders ffs Laughing

Are you playing the world cup mode in ultimate team, ES? I haven't had much time to play games lately, but I played it for a bit and I like how easy it is to obtain new players in the WC mode.

Nah haven't played UT, i mostly play career and exhibition against my brother, i used to be a huge UT nerd but the moneysink in it was unreal (maybe spent upwards of 5k pounds throughout my whole FIFA life)

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:You made me feel bad Sad

As a result of that I hope all your dreams come true during e3 tbh. Heart

Likewise Smile
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:23 pm

Art Morte wrote:Decided to buy FIFA 18 a few weeks ago when I saw it was 20€ on Origin (I had FIFA 16, never bought 17). Unimpressed. Passing is incredibly easy, every player pinging perfectly accurate, perfectly weighted passes to just the right corridors, doesn't really matter are you sprinting at full speed, facing away or standing on your head, either. And defending, on the other hand, ridiculously hard. You're, like, able to move your players more nimbly with the ball than without it, wtf?

Literally this. I generally play PES because it has Argentinean league and Libertadores, not to mention all my friends and cousins back home play PES. But since FIFA had the World Cup update I grabed one on sale and my god, what a typical piece of EA trash. I played it 5-6 times until I completely switched off and not gonna touch it again.

The passing is ridiculous. Like literally in 8 years since FIFA 10 they haven't managed to get passing even remotely right. From long passes from defence to attack to spamming ping-pong balls like prime Barcelona, it makes it play and look like an arcade game made by Sega in the 90s. A game made for little kids otherwise this game insults anyone who plays football regularly and has a basic understanding and expectation from a "football sim".

Of course, it is EA and all they have done is the past few years instead of making their game better is pushing Konami even further out of the competition. They literally made BVB break their agreement with Konami a few days ago and now they have the CL/EL licenses too :facepalm:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:45 am

Thimmy wrote:I personally enjoy playing FIFA 18, just like I enjoyed playing the last few FIFA games.. despite their many flaws. As for the perfectly pinged passes, it doesn't matter what they make of it. There will always be people who love the changes to passing, and there will always be those who hate it. Personally, I really disliked how flawed and restrictive the pre-patch, "realistic passing" in FIFA 18 was, but Kick really loved it if I remember correctly. I also complained about the nerf to defending, as a means of promoting attacking play, but I recall some people on here praising that change - which makes no sense to me, since all they did was cut down on the reaction time and movement speed of defenders ffs Laughing

Fifa is never going to be perfect because if it was perfectly realistic, most games would end 0 all (How often are goals scored in the first 10 minutes in real life?). So there will always be people who like and other who dislike what ever changes they make to it.

I am quite enjoying how both UT and WC modes are played, right now. They're both different and have enjoyable aspects to them. It could be helped by the fact that TOTS were very easy to collect this year, though.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:01 am

I've always enjoyed this series. So much that its in my yearly budget.

Really liked the updates they made to career mode so if that continues with 19 then I'll be getting it.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:44 pm

18 is great on the new engine, much more improved compared to 17.

19 will just be 18.1, not interested.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:14 pm

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:05 am

RIP PES?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:26 pm

Nah champions league license is a gimmick that count in the "presentation" argument. PES is all gameplay, their presentation has been mediocre for years.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:31 pm

To be fair i never gave 2 shits about Champions League in Fifa. Played countless Career Modes and i just made myself believe the ECC tournament was actually CL. Never was a problem. It's a minor improvement, would be nice if they include the CL Anthem in the soundtrack while they're at it.

Why EA doesn't get the full license for Calcio, for Liga Portugal and south american leagues ? Maybe bring back the old 1v1 settings and scrap the division ranks in Seasons. It's been 6 years now.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:43 pm

They got the Serie A license for 19, according to twitter, they have it for all league participating in CL
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:04 pm

Also broke free of FIFA a couple years ago, though I've pretty much broken from gaming for now in general. I'll come back, both to gaming and to FIFA. I will come back for RDR2 but when I have that game there will be no need for FIFA, so I think I'll be putting off FIFA for a couple years yet.

Gonna see if FIFA 21 feels any different from 17 lmaooo the last one I've played
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:57 am

Kaladin wrote:They got the Serie A license for 19, according to twitter, they have it for all league participating in CL

Yeah, CL, EL, European Super Cup and Serie A added.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:21 pm

Another year another Fifa. Check your emails I just got my beta code in
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:35 pm

FIFA19 getting some terrible feedback apparently.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:45 pm

Any reason(s) why?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite