New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery?

+24
Kick
Vibe
CBarca
The Demon of Carthage
sportsczy
McAgger
Raptorgunner
Eman
Unique
boyzis
AnJl
messixaviesta
iftikhar
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
Hapless_Hans
Chumlum
Sina
S
Jay29
El Gunner
Twoism
urbaNRoots
28 posters

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 5 Empty Re: New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery?

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:08 pm

Well, the first half of last season was quite good under Emery. He played with a purpose and to some extent, style. But since then it seems like the pressure or the job's magnitude has gotten in his head.

It's a bit surprising.

Anyways, Mourinho or death IMO

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 5 Empty Re: New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery?

Post by boyzis Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:34 pm

https://youtu.be/vxDYLCxvVyQ

Just listen to this video. He clearly knows what he wants from his players.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:35 pm

Emery was always a short term manager, after Wenger we didn't have much options.

2 years contract is all he is going to get.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:14 pm

Laughing
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:14 pm

Sina wrote:

Laughing

http://www.goallegacy.net/t40719-happy-birthday-julian-nagelsmann#1971437
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:46 pm

I'd laugh but it's so true with this guy lol....  as Hans has mentioned, he's so HORRIBLE with his fashion sense that it makes him an impossible hire for a big club.  I'm being serious too.

There has to be something wrong with him to make these outfit choices.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:14 am

He just needs a stylist and we're good to go.

But he really NEEDS one, like an injured player might need surgery
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:57 am

When Bielsa was at OM, he wore an old training outfit at games... but it was fine because everyone knew he didn't give a rat's arse about how he looked.

This is different. This dude thinks he has style looool.

Anyhow yeah... i think you put a mandatory stylist in his contract and we're good to go.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:04 am

Okay, okay, can we all agree for one second that if he took off that horrible waistcoat, he would look darn stylish and suave?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:08 am

New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 5 4708758-0-image-m-9_1538503273661
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:18 am

I don't understand wanting Mou. What team of his recently has been any better for his tenure after three years?

It will be one step forward for a season and then two steps back once hes inevitably sacked like always.

I can see the angle of improving players attitudes/bringing some fire into the team, but surely there are other managers who can provide that without leaving the club worse off after 2 or 3 years?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:06 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Okay, okay, can we all agree for one second that if he took off that horrible waistcoat, he would look darn stylish and suave?

No, because if he took it off, his shirt would reveal to have something weird on it, be it in terms of fabric or cut.
You can bank on it, I've never seen the guy wear something that wasn't some way or another off, often times grotesquely so.

And I'm allowed to say that as I myself am rather badly dressed.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:12 pm

perhaps he is a performance artist bent on exposing the fallacies of matched clothing etiquette hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:25 am

I feel physical pain seeing Emery on Arsenal bench.

What was even the point? Should have just kept going with Wenger if you can't hire a world class manager. This guy is doing absolutely nothing, yet I see Arsenal fans being fond of him.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:45 am

Vibe wrote:I feel physical pain seeing Emery on Arsenal bench.

What was even the point? Should have just kept going with Wenger if you can't hire a world class manager. This guy is doing absolutely nothing, yet I see Arsenal fans being fond of him.

Arsenal fans aren’t really fond of him. For most, he’s just a guy who came in until we find the right guy. Hopefully that guy is available next summer and we can move on from Emery while thanking him for “steadying the ship”.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:48 am

If you think what Thomas Tuchel could do with this squad
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:32 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:If you think what Thomas Tuchel could do with this squad
man has done nothing anywhere ever scratch
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:11 pm

Unique wrote:

So you missed pretty much his whole career? He‘s done a lot in Dortmund and Mainz. And I imagine he will do a lot of great things with PSG as well.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:18 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Unique wrote:

So you missed pretty much his whole career? He‘s done a lot in Dortmund and Mainz. And I imagine he will do a lot of great things with PSG as well.
what has he won. and dont say the title with PSG because my dog would win the title with them.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:43 pm

Unique wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
Unique wrote:

what has he won. and dont say the title with PSG because my dog would win the title with them.

What do you expect him to win with Mainz and Dortmund?

He managed a lower table Mainz to their first ever Europa League campaign, which earned him the Dortmund job.

He won the German Cup with Dortmund and averaged the most points/per game in the clubs history, the only thing that stopped him was Pep Guardiola and his ridiculous league campaigns. He took the mess that Klopp left behind (though I love him) and restored Dortmund to the league‘s second best while developing young talents like Pulisic and Dembele, who went on to be sold for huge sums so bums like Favre can now enjoy bigger transfers. All of this while playing, attacking, modern, beautiful football.

His work in Dortmund earned him the job at PSG, where he is now beloved by fans, players and owner.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:46 pm

Get this clown out lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:04 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Unique wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

He managed a lower table Mainz to their first ever Europa League campaign, which earned him the Dortmund job.

He won the German Cup with Dortmund and averaged the most points/per game in the clubs history, the only thing that stopped him was Pep Guardiola and his ridiculous league campaigns. He took the mess that Klopp left behind (though I love him) and restored Dortmund to the league‘s second best while developing young talents like Pulisic and Dembele, who went on to be sold for huge sums so bums like Favre can now enjoy bigger transfers. All of this while playing, attacking, modern, beautiful football.

His work in Dortmund earned him the job at PSG, where he is now beloved by fans, players and owner.
the man has no idea how to defend. if you cant defend in the EPL you will sink fast. the problem arsenal have had for years is being soft at the back. this guy will not fix that imo.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:19 pm

Unique wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
Unique wrote:

the man has no idea how to defend. if you cant defend in the EPL you will sink fast. the problem arsenal have had for years is being soft at the back. this guy will not fix that imo.

How do you know that "he has no idea how to defend" when you've never seen the teams he manages playing? Laughing

I swear we had the same conversation, just with Klopp.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:35 pm

augsburg he shipped 45 goals in 34 games
mainz he shipped 288 goals in 182 games
dortmund he shipped 113 goals in 108 games.

Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:37 pm

Unique wrote:augsburg he shipped 45 goals in 34 games

How many goals have his teams scored? Have you checked that?

You do know that in this sport you win games by scoring more than you concede right?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:43 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Unique wrote:augsburg he shipped 45 goals in 34 games

How many goals have his teams scored? Have you checked that?

You do know that in this sport you win games by scoring more than you concede right?
you scored plenty of goals under wenger. you score goals under this guy. being strong at the back is what wins the big prizes. liverpool were deadly going forward under rodgers but won nothing. in the first few years liverpool were deadly going forward under klopp and won nothing. as soon as we got a mean defence all that changed.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next