New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery?

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 Empty Re: New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery?

Post by Unique on Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:43 pm

@urbaNRoots wrote:
@Unique wrote:augsburg he shipped 45 goals in 34 games
mainz he shipped 288 goals in 182 games
dortmund he shipped 113 goals in 108 games.

How many goals have his teams scored? Have you checked that?

You do know that in this sport you win games by scoring more than you concede right?
you scored plenty of goals under wenger. you score goals under this guy. being strong at the back is what wins the big prizes. liverpool were deadly going forward under rodgers but won nothing. in the first few years liverpool were deadly going forward under klopp and won nothing. as soon as we got a mean defence all that changed.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 Empty Re: New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery?

Post by urbaNRoots on Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:50 pm

@Unique wrote:
@urbaNRoots wrote:
@Unique wrote:augsburg he shipped 45 goals in 34 games
mainz he shipped 288 goals in 182 games
dortmund he shipped 113 goals in 108 games.

You do know that in this sport you win games by scoring more than you concede right?
you scored plenty of goals under wenger. you score goals under this guy. being strong at the back is what wins the big prizes. liverpool were deadly going forward under rodgers but won nothing. in the first few years liverpool were deadly going forward under klopp and won nothing. as soon as we got a mean defence all that changed.

Huh so Klopp's teams can defend after all, I seem to recall you saying that he can't. The same argument as you have now and you have literally learned nothing. 0 goals conceded in the Champions League so far. Lovely stuff.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:01 pm

@urbaNRoots wrote:
@Unique wrote:
@urbaNRoots wrote:

Huh so Klopp's teams can defend after all, I seem to recall you saying that he can't. The same argument as you have now and you have literally learned nothing. 0 goals conceded in the Champions League so far. Lovely stuff.
if you think this guy will come to arsenal and keep clean sheets you are mad. Very Happy

BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:02 pm

@Unique wrote:
@urbaNRoots wrote:
@Unique wrote:

if you think this guy will come to arsenal and keep clean sheets you are mad. Very Happy

3 Champions League clean sheets in a row, uff. His teams can't defend though Laughing

Anyway I don't think he will come here, PSG seem very happy with him and bigger clubs than us will be after him if he wants to leave.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:07 pm

@urbaNRoots wrote:
@Unique wrote:
@urbaNRoots wrote:

3 Champions League clean sheets in a row, uff. His teams can't defend though Laughing

Anyway I don't think he will come here, PSG seem very happy with him and bigger clubs than us will be after him if he wants to leave.
did you watch PSG vs manure last season Very Happy

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:08 pm

simeone is the man you want.

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:09 pm

@Unique wrote:
@urbaNRoots wrote:
@Unique wrote:

1 Buffon howler and another referee disaster. Won't happen again.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:12 pm

@urbaNRoots wrote:
@Unique wrote:
@urbaNRoots wrote:

do you want a bet that psg dont win the champions lge this season eco smile

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:17 pm

@Unique wrote:
@urbaNRoots wrote:
@Unique wrote:

I don't think that PSG are going to win the CL so why would I bet on it Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:22 pm

@urbaNRoots wrote:
@Unique wrote:
@urbaNRoots wrote:

I don't think that PSG are going to win the CL so why would I bet on it Laughing
why not. they have one of the best squads in the world and as you say one of the best managers in the world. Very Happy

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:25 pm

@Unique wrote:
@urbaNRoots wrote:
@Unique wrote: do you want a bet that psg dont win the champions lge this season eco smile

why not. they have one of the best squads in the world and as you say one of the best managers in the world. Very Happy

They don't have one of the best squads in the world Laughing

Though you are right about the second part. With Tuchel it is certainly possible that they will go far.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:34 pm

New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 EHt0pQeXUAArWMm

Jose Mourinho was at The Emirates for Arsenal’s Europa League tie vs Vitoria SC last night with Raul Sanllehi.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:39 pm

interesting hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:36 pm

Wouldn't read much into it tbh. He lives in London, and a Portuguese team happened to be visiting. Wouldn't shock me if he was a friend of Vitoria's manager or something.
Jay29
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina on Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:48 pm

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
Spoiler:
New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 Lucas10New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 Vagi12New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 16847710New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 Calma10New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 I44.servimg.:I'munoriginal:New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 ZRXInyBNew era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 37329810New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 Xowen10New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 TrolldolskiNew era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 Market_15514_1390429635New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 Mike110New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 Michael-jackson-dance-smiley-emoticon
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:49 pm

Thinking about it, Arsenal's lack of style under Emery likely comes from how the midfield is a weird mix of traits.

For example, having players such as Xhaka, Guendouzi and Ceballos, who all seem to do their best work in possession from deeper positions, yet lack the defensive quality/maturity to play DM. Or having a player like Willock, who could be a decent attacking midfielder because of his athleticism and runs, yet lacks the technical quality to play in any other midfield role.

The absences of Ramsey and Ozil are biting hard because without them the only player offering more vertical play is Willock, and without seeming like I'm being too harsh on the guy, that's a significant step-down in quality.

So Emery wants his team to be solid without the ball but lacks the midfielders to make that a reality, and whatever Arsenal do with the ball is limited by a lack of midfields who can make more vertical plays. That compounds the defensive issues because the ball gets stuck in their own half and invites pressure from the opposition before an inevitable turnover.

Still, Emery is making life much harder for himself by not using Torreira and Ozil more often in their best roles. They have their limitations as well (Torreira lacks the pace and strength of an elite destroyer-type midfielder, Ozil offers nothing defensively) but at least they can fulfil vital functions at either end of the midfield, and Arsenal have an abundance of players who can play between them.

Last edited by Jay29 on Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Jay29
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:49 am

What is strange to me is that under Unai Emery, the best football that we‘ve played, which in my opinion is the second half of last season until the infamous Crystal Palace game, was with attacking midfielders like Ramsey and Özil in midfield. Think about the games against Chelsea, Man Utd, Napoli, Valencia, Tottenham, all featured Özil, Ramsey or them together.

Either Emery is a dummy who would rather sacrifice results for his idiotic vision or he‘s being forced by the management to make these decisions. Because from a results perspective, it makes no sense.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:55 pm

I doubt ostracising Ozil is just his decision. Raul, Edu etc won't stay quiet if he was doing it on purpose. Most likely the pressure is from them.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:17 pm

@RealGunner wrote:I doubt ostracising Ozil is just his decision. Raul, Edu etc won't stay quiet if he was doing it on purpose. Most likely the pressure is from them.

If that is the case then they should come out and say so. Call David Ornstein and tell their side, like Özil did. All this fake diplomacy is hurting us more than if everyone knew what's going on.

Emery is the only one who's getting criticized for this decision, even though it looks like it's not even his decision. Not an Emery fan at all but if it's true then that would be some Gazidis-esque hiding behind Wenger from Raul/Edu.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:31 pm

Get rid of him man

Players nor the fans are behind him anymore.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina on Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:40 pm

7 more months of Emery New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 ZRXInyB

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
Spoiler:
New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 Lucas10New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 Vagi12New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 16847710New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 Calma10New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 I44.servimg.:I'munoriginal:New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 ZRXInyBNew era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 37329810New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 Xowen10New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 TrolldolskiNew era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 Market_15514_1390429635New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 Mike110New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 6 Michael-jackson-dance-smiley-emoticon
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:57 pm

Teams often inherit traits from their coach's personality, and I can't help thinking this Arsenal team have become as nervous, skittish and out of control as Emery is.

Firing him now seems wise but I guess it depends on who they bring in. There's too much of the season left to hand it over to Ljungberg. I don't believe Mourinho is the solution at all. Maybe they can push for Allegri but I don't think fans would enjoy his football, either. Both of these coaches need top quality defenders, and Arsenal have none of those.

Erik ten Hag would be at the top of my list. Naglesmann as well, if they could prise him away from RB Leipzig. But these guys aren't moving mid-season, so I guess we're stuck with old Unai for now.
Jay29
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:19 pm

Why do I have the feeling that Emery is completely safe even though most Arsenal fans want him gone?

It‘s the same feeling I had with Wenger. He was unsackable for a long time and for some reason with Emery it feels the same. Raul and co. haven‘t shown anything to make me think they would actually consider sacking a manager mid-season.

These guys are too much money oriented (as you can see with the Özil stuff), they won‘t sack Emery because they‘ll have to pay him and the new manager until the contract expires.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:59 am

Ornstein today revealed who was on the shortlist to replace Wenger:

Max Allegri, Julen Lopetegui, Jorge Sampaoli, Patrick Vieira, Mikel Arteta, Thierry Henry, Ralf Rangnick and Unai Emery.

The club also considered Antonio Conte, Eddie Howe, Maurizio Sarri and Brendan Rodgers, but for "differing reasons" they weren't pursued.

Luis Enrique was never an option, apparently.

I'm starting to see how Emery got the job now. Arteta and Henry were complete rookies, Vieira had only coached in America, Rangnick hasn't been a first team coach for a while and is mostly a director these days, Lopetegui and Sampaoli are a step below being top coaches, and I guess they thought Allegri was a little too pragmatic for what they wanted.

Sarri was joining Chelsea, Conte was still on Chelsea's payroll, and I'm guessing Howe and Rodgers weren't serious options given their respective levels.

So basically, Emery was the most convincing candidate in a weak looking candidate pool. Excellent. Neutral Though tbh, I would have taken Sampaoli all day. That single season he had at Sevilla was fun.

Ornstein reaffirmed that the club still backs Emery and have no plans to change manager at the moment, although did mention that there's an "acceptance" it's all in his hands now, as he's been given ample support in the transfer market. Worryingly, some at Arsenal wanted to give him a new contract last season, but that was vetoed.

He also mentions Emery "doesn't retain the backing of his entire squad" due to a lack of team identity and clarity of what's being asked of them, but that broadly he still has the support of the players.
Jay29
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:10 am

Other than Allegri, what the hell are those names in that shortlist? :facepalm: and how was Emery chosen over Allegri? Fuck me.

Fucking Lopetegui was on the shortlist but not Conte or Sarri :facepalm: I guess they are not spanish enough.

At least now I know that Raul Sanhllehi is as incompetent as Gazidis.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:23 am

Sure does make you wonder when they started sounding out candidates. Did they wait until Wenger announced he was leaving? If so, that would explain how they missed out on Sarri, as Chelsea would have been talking with him well before then.

Also, the final two candidates were Emery... and Arteta. Not Allegri or even seasoned coaches like Lopetegui and Sampaoli. Yet Arteta's lack of experience and not having a readily available coaching team went against him in the end. So how the hell did he end up in the final two? Laughing Surely those would have been considered when the shortlist was drawn up in the first place.

None of this is inspiring much confidence in the regime, I have to say.
Jay29
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next