Myesyats
mr-r34
Kaladin
S
52 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Who will go through

UCL SF2 17/18 | Liverpool Vs AS Roma - Page 3 Vote_lcap63%UCL SF2 17/18 | Liverpool Vs AS Roma - Page 3 Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 12 ]
UCL SF2 17/18 | Liverpool Vs AS Roma - Page 3 Vote_lcap37%UCL SF2 17/18 | Liverpool Vs AS Roma - Page 3 Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 19

UCL SF2 17/18 | Liverpool Vs AS Roma - Page 3 Empty Re: UCL SF2 17/18 | Liverpool Vs AS Roma

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:09 pm

It goes a long way though. But yes, Roma easily have as good a team as Liverpool, on the whole.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

UCL SF2 17/18 | Liverpool Vs AS Roma - Page 3 Empty Re: UCL SF2 17/18 | Liverpool Vs AS Roma

Post by rincon Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:11 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:It goes a long way though. But yes, Roma easily have as good a team as Liverpool, on the whole.

I agree. I don't think that Roma is a favorite or anything here. I see it fairly even, just don't understand where this Liverpool hype is coming from. Especially since it's not from Liverpool fans or fans of other PL teams.

Last edited by rincon on Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:11 pm

Oh and BTW bringing it down to Roma has an advantage in everywhere but attack is incredibly reductive.

Football doesn't really work like that, if it did City wouldn't have lost 5-1 and Roma wouldn't have beaten Barcelona.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:12 pm

Roma’s strength will be their midfield of Nainggolan-De Rossi-Strootman with Pellegrini capable of minutes

Can’t really count them out because I do believe that midfield is good enough to play with any team and as we’ve seen countless times, a strong midfield can keep you in any game

With that being said, I think I favour Liverpool here. I have a great admiration for how they play and I think the speed of their front 3 is killer

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:12 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Oh and BTW bringing it down to Roma has an advantage in everywhere but attack is incredibly reductive.

Football doesn't really work like that, if it did City wouldn't have lost 5-1 and Roma wouldn't have beaten Barcelona.

It was an answer to the comment saying that Liverpool has an advantage in every area.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:13 pm

rincon wrote:@Reinhard

Roma has an advantage in every area except attack. Liverpool's midfield and defense didn't become magically great after they beat City. Liverpool's attack is enough to fight any team but that's about it.

What separates Liverpool from Roma, I think, is the fact that they have a very talented footballer who can make a difference at any moment. That and the fact that Liverpool has the better coach.

Roma doesn't have a difference-maker, but they play with heart and grit. It could play in their favor, but Liverpool's attack and relentless pressing à la Dortmund may turn out to be too much for Roma to handle.

Also, and I can't really prove this, for it's just a hunch: I feel Liverpool is hungrier for the CL than Roma. The Italians strike me as a side who are happy to reach the semi-final and feel they have nothing to lose whereas Liverpool truly have started to believe they have a shot after murdering City.

I could be wrong, but I think Liverpool will try harder than Roma to win this tie and reach the final.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:13 pm

rincon wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:It goes a long way though. But yes, Roma easily have as good a team as Liverpool, on the whole.

I agree. I don't think that Roma is a favorite or anything here. I see it fairly even, just don't understand where this Liverpool hype is coming from. Especially since it's not from Liverpool fans or fans of other PL teams.

I feel like for the most part that hype doesn't exist tbh, most people don't see Liverpool as a heavy favourite or anything.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:14 pm

rincon wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Oh and BTW bringing it down to Roma has an advantage in everywhere but attack is incredibly reductive.

It was an answer to the comment saying that Liverpool has an advantage in every area.

My bad I shouldn't skim through threads lol, I apologise.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
rincon wrote:

I feel like for the most part that hype doesn't exist tbh, most people don't see Liverpool as a heavy favourite or anything.

I wasn't talking to GL as a whole, just the posters saying it here. Liverpool fans themselves see it (or say it) as being more contested.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:15 pm

Speaking of being reductive though, I'm gonna assume Roma win because Dzeko is tall imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:30 pm

Roma has the superior midfield and GK. This tie is gonna be closer than people think.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:49 pm

Like I said before, I fancy our chances in this one, but that Liverpool attack line is world class and will have their say in this tie, one way or another. Salah alone will give us fits if we let him, but then there's Firmino and Mane, who can do just as much damage. Beyond them, I think we match up well with the rest of Liverpool's line up, especially in midfield and in goal. Our Serie A fixtures and how we manage them are going to matter. A lot.

Tactically, EDF simply needs to think outside the box again and figure out what formation and mentality works against this team. Klopp is the king of the press so the Barca blueprint isn't going to work, but that's why EDF has done so well. He's proven to be flexible when its necessary and isn't afraid to try something new and risky. That'll need to be on display again.

On a whole, both teams are great at home in this comp, but I think we have a shot if we get at least an away goal and then pack out the Olimpico again for the 2nd. If the players believe they have a shot, then they'll have their say.

I'll keep reminding everyone though - Roma shouldn't be here right now. No one expected us to get out of our group, no one expected us to win that group, to get past Shakhtar, to get past Barca. Expectations have always been low for this team this season and that's rightfully so. I don't mind us being the underdog again in this tie just so long as these guys play well over both legs, give their all for the shirt, and don't make it easy for Liverpool, regardless of the result. Either way, this is already our best run in 30+ years so like a lot of Romanisti, I'm just enjoying the ride.

As both our owners are American and Salah's the player that ties it all together, it's already been dubbed the "Salah Bowl" on this side of the pond. I'll co-sign that.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:51 pm

Frankly Roma are strange team.

They have lost Salah and replaced with Schick and Defrel that have scored same goals than Robespierre in Serie A 2017/2018

Nainggolan was underachiever this year, nothing to do with last year

Strootman is declined

The only role where they are really improved is GK. Because Alisson was top 3 GKs in Europe this year. But Sczesny was very good last year too though

Yet, even if they don't look better than last year, they are in CL semi final and they are in semi final deserverly

Because they won the CL group of the death and they've knocked out Barca . Both deservely ( even that 4-1 was exaggerated as result)

they look so solid anyway, they got many clean sheets this year and conceded 0 goals at home in this CL.
If they repeat it against Liverpool it'd be a record I thnk.

It is Another thing that you never would have expected from Roma
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:55 pm

Robespierre wrote:

They have lost Salah and replaced with Schick and Defrel that have scored same goals than Robespierre in Serie A 2017/2018

I can't breathe lmaoooo rofl
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:29 pm

The Turkish kid Under could come good. I watched him in the Barca game and he is super fast, like Salah or faster. Problem is, he is young and gets flustered.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:08 am

Nishankly wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

I can't breathe lmaoooo rofl

Robes is Sturaro confirmed.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:23 am

You ain't wrong, Robes. We are strange indeed.

I think Strootman's decline is partially down to how EDF is utilizing him and just normal ups and downs of form. The ACL injury is fully behind him thankfully, but yeah he's not the dynamo that he was under Garcia and I think that's really down to the different system he's in now. Mind you, I don't think EDF is misusing Strootman, but it's decidedly different from Garcia's take on him, who allowed him a lot of license to bomb forward and join the attack. He's much more restrained in this setup and has a lot more defensive responsibility, especially with his fullback (normally Kolarov) constantly encouraged to get forward. This restraint is crucial to keeping our shape in midfield so as much as I miss Garcia's Strootman, he'd be a disaster in this current system.

Nainggolan? He's generally more influential when played closer to Dzeko, but even that gets called into question in some games this season. I think it's more just a slump in form. If there was ever a time to seriously entertain offers for him, this summer will be that time. This deep CL run and the money that comes from it will help us attract good midfield options in case we decide to cash in on him.

I give all of the credit for our defensive solidity to EDF generally. I was super skeptical about him given he's a student of Zeman, but he's been true to his word in that he is not single-mindedly attack oriented. His emphasis on not just defense, but smart defense has certainly worked wonders. Conceding that 4 to Barca was the most we've conceded all season in a single game. A testament to his hard work. Hell he had Juan Jesus, probably the most maligned defender to wear a Roma shirt since Simone Loria, working well in a unit that did well against a genuinely legendary duo in Messi and Suarez. Worthy Bearzot Award winner.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:23 pm

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:31 pm

McLewis wrote:

laying down some good karma
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:45 pm

Liverpool W pls
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:47 pm

The first half tomorrow decides the tie IMHO
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:51 pm

Really want Roma to win it all but I have this feeling they're gonna get Porto'd, Salah to score like 4 over both ties. Need Manolas to break his legs. Don't @ me.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:34 am

Yeah that was discussed over in Chiesa di Totti. It was christened the Greek Sala(h)d. Probably won't happen though sadly.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:53 am

One of them will be in the final and I hope whoever gets there wins the damn thing. Truly happy no matter who wins.
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:09 am

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Interman Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:57 am

i always tend to root for the underdog, probably cuz I sorta identify myself as an underdog, the small guy.

I hope Roma makes the final and wins it all. it would be massive achievement for a club of that stature. you have the PSGs, citys, etc. of the world spending billions to win, and yet here comes Roma with measel finances and attains glory.

but I am fairly sure Liverpool are gonna do another Porto on them.

Interman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next