Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

+28
The Demon of Carthage
Mamad
M99
Lex
Doc
elitedam
Adit
iftikhar
Young Kaz
Pedram
FennecFox7
sportsczy
The Madrid One
futbol_bill
RealGunner
rincon
CBarca
zigra
BarrileteCosmico
Blue
Freeza
Art Morte
Clutch
McLewis
VivaStPauli
Unique
futbol
Hapless_Hans
32 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 15 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Myesyats Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:27 am

Hold your horses pal, I wrote "Whatever dude" because this isn't the main point of the discussion.

The point is - Biden has enough money to retire. And he should.

But if you want to know - this was my source:

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 15 Average_retirement_age_america_2017_shed

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 15 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Young Kaz Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:59 am

Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:
Unique wrote:
so the 57yo man can work 12 hours a day but you wont let the Lebanese and Nigerian workers do that many hours why is that

Non Japanese workers at Japanese companies are not expected to work Japanese hours. I allow them to do 9-3:30 monday-thursday. Fridays they do 9-11:30 as that is a sacred day for Muslims.

In comparison the other 4 usually do 8:30-7 Monday-Friday with a saturday or two a quarter being 9-1. This is once every few months, and when it does happen I make sure I am actually over there and not at home.

In the grand sense the hours are pretty similar.
so the japanese workers get worked to death but the muslim workers get time off. that dont seem fair to me tbh. scratch

8:30-7 is hardly worked to death. I know some teams within my company that have it worse. I am committed to being the lifestyle team. And Honestly I dont count hours in office normally. I am not there all the time, all I can see during your day(the vast majority of which is done in the middle of the night here) is whether or not your Slack or Skype for Business icon is green. If they want to leave at 6, its on them, even that is 5 AM my time. They work for each other and the team.

Them being Muslim is only relevant on Friday. Even if they were Christian like you they wouldnt be working those hours. Its against policy for almost every business. Making them work those hours is considered rude. Even old school compnaies and managers understand that other cultures are different. You have to tailor the job to the culture to get maximum efficiency out of workers. If I had my way they wouldnt have to come into the office at all on Friday, but I understand that will come with years of exceptional team work. We are well on our way.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:07 am

Myesyats wrote:Hold your horses pal, I wrote "Whatever dude" because this isn't the main point of the discussion.

The point is - Biden has enough money to retire. And he should.

But if you want to know - this was my source:

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 15 Average_retirement_age_america_2017_shed

The guy who seems to write dqydj seems to play a bit loose with numbers.

He lists the median worker income as 39k but the IRS lists it as 31 hmm

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:45 pm

Hearing Yang's name a lot more around the office. From both quasi libertarians and the very progressive.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:08 pm

Yeah Yang has more of a pulse than I thought he would have at this stage. Buttigieg even more so now that Sanders and Biden are falling behind Warren.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:27 am

So what do you guys make of this whole Tulsi Gabbard thing?

One the one hand, Clinton is clearly crazy to make these accusations with no proof whatsoever.

On the other, Tulsi went full Trump and clearly overplayed her hand, so I'm not sure she did herself any favors when she had a chance to use this as an advertisement opportunity
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:31 am

She seems like a loon

Just watched that family video of hers comparing gay marriage to bestiality
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:21 am

I mean she has 0 shot of winning. Surprised she hasnt dropped out yet

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:58 pm

This is not a good look from Hillary.

She needs to sit down and enjoy her retirement as an elder stateswoman of the party. Butting in by throwing conspiracy theory bombs about 2020 candidates into the national conversation is a massive distraction that hurts Democrats who are now forced to answer questions about it.

As for Gabbard, I'm not sure why so many are confused by her, but she skews more towards the conservative side of the Democrat spectrum. That's literally it. She's a bit of a rarity, but I liken her a little bit to Joe Manchin in the Senate. Her stance on LGBTQ issues is messy and inconsistent and while I believe her intention with Assad was well-meaning, it is geopolitical poison to even try to open a dialogue with him, no matter who you are or what party you represent.

Beyond this, she has no chance of winning the Dem nom yet the interesting thing is that she is moderate enough to perhaps attract those Biden voters so I could see her actually doing well against Trump in the general election. Her even bigger problem is that her overall policies are underdeveloped. While she's a good debater, there just isn't enough substance there.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:31 pm

Honestly i think Democrats are going to have a serious problem if they nominate Biden or Warren. they're going to need an inspiring candidate if they want to defeat Trump, i don't see that factor in either Biden or Warren.

Biden is toast if he, by any chances, get past the primaries, just take a look at his abysmal third quarter fundraising, for a top polling candidate he's doing exceptionally bad, getting beaten by Buttigieg and fucking Steyer.

Warren is doing better than him by i'm not sure how much she can deal with Republicans attacks on her taxes and healthcare plan, she looks quite vulnerable by refusing to answer a simple yes/no question on raising middle class taxes, this could turn into a huge talking point against her when she faces Trump, it makes her look dishonest to potential undecided voters.

The only person that i think can mobilize and inspire people effectively in the general election is Sanders, he looks more authentic than others and says the truth even though some of the stuff he says regarding economy and socialized healthcare might make moderates uncomfortable.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:59 pm

Biden is comfort food for the large majority of base Democrats that just want to get back to the "normalcy" of status quo politics pre-Trump. Pre-Ukraine scandal, I'd say he was Teflon politically. Not so much now. His polling in Iowa is a cause for mild alarm, but he's still largely solid. If the same polling trend pops up in other early primary states though, that's when he should be really worried.

As for Warren, it's as you said. She's got to figure out a way to answer that simple question in a way that not only assuages people's concern about her polices, but has them fully on board with them. Very difficult needle to thread.

Sanders' rather blunt and less tactful approach is indeed more authentic. It will absolutely alienate rank and file Democrats, but he's betting big on younger generations, primarily milennials. If enough of them are on board with his plans, it won't really matter what their parents (more traditional, moderate Democrats) think about it. That said, he is polling very poorly with black Americans, especially black women. Blacks are the Democrats largest and most key demographic. Without them, you don't get the nomination. That's his Achilles' heel.

Don't sleep on Buttigieg though. His debate performance really perked up some ears and he's moderate enough to become a viable and much younger alternative to Biden. I think he's the greatest benefactor of Biden's loss of infallibility. He's polling extremely well in Iowa and may even win it. If there's anyone that's going to displace Sanders in the Top 3, it's him. For me, he has to roll out a more comprehensive policy agenda as that's the only thing keeping him from really breaking through.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:34 pm

The field is growing instead of shrinking ffs. Quick updates on each candidate since my last post.

Joe Biden - Hanging onto his national lead by a thread. His performance in the last debate was average. His stamina seems to be waning. Still a sure bet for the South Carolina primary though.

Pete Buttigieg - The darling of white educated moderate democrats. Continues to lead in the Iowa polls, but is really struggling to attractive voters of color. If he doesn't find a way draw more voters to him, he's going to really have problems in the primaries, especially the South Carolina one.

Bernie Sanders - Has neither gained nor lost ground. Maintains a significant following on the progressive wing of the party. His supporters do him no favors though with their tunnel vision when it comes to the policies of other candidates. He needs moderate voters and independents and they're not in a hurry to support at this rate. Like all other candidates though, the lack of supporters from community of color is a glaring weakness.

Elizabeth Warren - Strong polls in New Hampshire has her leading there so she will be the frontrunner for that primary. Like Sanders and Buttigieg, really struggling to attract voters from communities of color. Sits in between Sanders and Buttigieg on the spectrum. She is further left than Buttigieg, but not as far left as Sanders.

Kamala Harris - A strong debate performance, but still no real traction. It's thoroughly puzzling as I think she's recovered well from earlier performances. I have no clue what to make of her campaign woes so far.

Andrew Yang - Currently boycotting MSNBC because of their blatant favoritism towards the frontrunners. He's right to do so as well. He has good policies and an effective way of communicating them. What's interesting is he seems to be attracting disaffected Trump supporters as well who are looking for alternatives. His coalition makes for very interesting bedfellows. Still in it though, but only just.

Amy Klobuchar - I've been super impressed by her debate performances. She is very sharp and quick-witted. She presents a clear alternative to Buttigieg as they represent the Midwest in this race. Her polling is anemic, but if she can hang in there as the field eventually thins, she could surge.

Julian Castro - Didn't even make the last debate, but seems to have really been embraced by communities of color given his willingness to repeatedly voice issues important to them (such as police brutality, housing inequality, etc). A shame because he's an excellent speaker and a sharp debater.

Tulsi Gabbard - Fast becoming persona non grata with moderates and is already there with progressives. The fact that she is preferred choice of Trump voters due to her appearances on Fox news' later night shows says everything.

Cory Booker - Perhaps the most consistently good debater of the whole field, but he absolutely no campaign at this point. Polling is non-exist and the donors are drying up as they look for more viable candidates. This is likely the end of the road for him.

Tom Steyer - Why is he in this race?

Michael Bloomberg - Just entered the race and I see absolutely no room for him, despite his billions.

Deval Patrick - 2 people came to his first public event at Morehouse College. TWO. That's all that needs to be said about him.

Last edited by McLewis on Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:18 pm

I like Andrew Yang and it makes me furious they're giving him so little time. It's ridiculous.

But I dont think its the last time we hear of him, he'll be there next time around.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:07 pm

Agreed. He has a longevity that I seriously underestimated and his followers are, to me at least, as fanatical as Bernie's. Still, he is not taken serious by moderate voters and I tend to agree with the thought that this is down to the media not truly taking him seriously and give him the platform other candidates are frequently given. At some point, something got to give for him, but right now the end is not in sight for him. I hope something comes of his MSNBC boycott, but I doubt it.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:34 pm

Calling Biden’s performance average is really kind. Guy really doesn’t seem all there and I would find it extremely weird for democrats to nominate someone who’s clearly fading mentally when democrats have made the same criticism toward Trump.

In contrast Bernie is still sharp as ever despite his age.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:05 pm

@McLewis only a few will make it to the december debate (I think 6 have qualified already, and only Tulsi, Steyer and Yang have a chance of making it), and then the January debate (I presume) will be even harder to make it to. If you don't make the debates you have little chance of gaining any traction.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/which-candidates-have-qualified-december-democratic-debate-n1090561
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:11 pm

Thank you for your updates @McLewis
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:37 pm

Also Julian Castro is in it to "win" the VP slot
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:43 pm

McLewis wrote:Deval Patrick - 2 people came to his first public event at Morehouse College. TWO. That's all that needs to be said about him.

Mere letters simply aren't enough to describe what an unmitigated disaster this was. A picture is worth a quadrillion words in this case.

Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:45 pm

Freeza wrote:In contrast Bernie is still sharp as ever despite his age.
Sharp? Guy practically died a month or so ago
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:48 pm

Yang Gang is full of white supremacists who laugh at a Chinese guy running around with a math hat promising them free things. MSNBC should respond to his boycott by not inviting him back to a debate ever again. No room in our party for Chinese men talking about white birthrate.

All of his supporters will run over to the Trump side when Warren wins the nomination too. I'd even vote for COPmala and Buttigieg over him, and I detest those two.

Never forget this is who he is:

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:52 pm

Lol @ Warren winning. Also, you sure do hate white people, dontcha, bud Smile
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:56 pm

Lex wrote:Lol @ Warren winning. Also, you sure do hate white people, dontcha, bud Smile

Yet Im voting for a white woman over all the diversity in the democrat field next year. Did it in 2016 too. If I do hate white people I sure do have a poor way of showing it. Laughing

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:47 am

So which is worse- Yang identyfing as white and trying to save pristine white population or Warren claiming she's basically half Pocahontas to attract votes of minorities?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:47 am

Myesyats wrote:So which is worse- Yang identyfing as white and trying to save pristine white population or Warren claiming she's basically half Pocahontas to attract votes of minorities?

She pretended to be native to get a quota spot for work, not to attract voters. Nobody is going to vote for somebody just because they are native.

Yang is much worse.A Chinese guy speaking his rhetoric is dangerous for this earth. If Trump wasnt so terrible I would be tempted to vote for him over him. At least his tribalism is honest. Yang is nothing more than an Uncle Chan.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:55 am

Young Kaz wrote:
Myesyats wrote:So which is worse- Yang identyfing as white and trying to save pristine white population or Warren claiming she's basically half Pocahontas to attract votes of minorities?

She pretended to be native to get a quota spot for work, not to attract voters. Nobody is going to vote for somebody just because they are native.

Yang is much worse.A Chinese guy speaking his rhetoric is dangerous for this earth. If Trump wasnt so terrible I would be tempted to vote for him over him. At least his tribalism is honest. Yang is nothing more than an Uncle Chan.
a japanese guy hating on a chinese guy could be seen as racist dude.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next