Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 9 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by rincon on Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:13 pm

Betty thinking Poland is Mordor Laughing

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 9 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Myesyats on Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:13 pm

I consider Poland a first world country as of today. Also, I'm not rich but I'm pretty well-off hmm

Do you really think an almost 80 year old man should be president? I don't really get your post and my connection to the POTUS.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:16 pm

@Myesyats wrote:I consider Poland a first world country as of today. Also, I'm not rich but I'm pretty well-off hmm

Do you really think an almost 80 year old man should be president? I don't really get your post.

lol it’s 100% a first world country.

They’re way more along than the US is civil liberties.

If anything the second world country is the US.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:51 pm

lmao

yeah Poland is not some poor country lol

though the kielbasa and krupnik sausages, potato, bigos and beer diet is not that great for life expectancy

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:35 pm

Bratwurst and beer is your diet aswell, isn't it? lol

spent 2 days in Warsaw for my easter getaway, forgot what a beautiful city it is. I've been to Berlin, Prague and London recently and I think Polish cities are also the tidiest in comparison.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz on Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:23 pm

@Myesyats wrote:I consider Poland a first world country as of today. Also, I'm not rich but I'm pretty well-off hmm

Do you really think an almost 80 year old man should be president? I don't really get your post and my connection to the POTUS.

OCED wrote:Money, while it cannot buy happiness, is an important means to achieving higher living standards. In Poland, the average household net-adjusted disposable income per capita is USD 18 906, much lower than the OECD average of USD 30 563 a year. There is a considerable gap between the richest and poorest – the top 20% of the population earn close to five times as much as the bottom 20%.

http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/countries/poland/

That isnt first world. Maybe you have it good if you are near the top, but this isnt first world at all.

Poland, if it was considered first world, would only be due to his historical(and physical) proximity to the gains acquired by western Europe post WW2...hence the term second world nation.

I think the best person possible should be president. A guy who is 80 can certainly make a good leader. Especially since this isnt a dictatorship where he has supreme power. Kennedy spoke of civil rights, he spoke of putting a man on the moon, he spoke of moving forward as a nation. Did that stop when he caught a bullet to the brain in Dallas? Of course not, he had a great vice president and a government behind him to make it happen. Biden would have the same.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:43 am

@Freeza wrote:Is elite some sort of slang for a woman who doesn't know her place?

Because I fail to see how Biden is less of a part of the elite than Warren.

And if Warren's native american heritage stuff is the worst thing about her and Trump supposedly can run her around. Then what the hell is the countless stories about Biden not knowing to keep his hands to himself supposed to do?

I don't think Warren has much of chance mainly because of coverage. But I think she's far from Hillary on almost every single point. She's a much better speaker, knows how to connect emotionally, and she knows how to appeal politically to the people who Hillary didn't even bother to campaign for.

No, I'm using elite to describe the perception that Warren will give off to Midwestern, rust belt voters. Unless you're a rust belt voter that pays attention to policy (like I said, high information voter, and probably also one who went to college), Warren does not appear, prima facie, as someone that will represent you. I do think there is a strand of sexism here as well.

Biden? Biden is known as "Joe" or "Uncle Joe" to most people. He's from Scranton, Pennsylvania, and he's been around for a long time playing to the "I'm just like one of you guys" bit. His perception is the polar opposite of Warren. Remember his portrayal on SNL in 2012?

I would argue pretty comprehensively that Biden is absolutely more "elite" than Warren if we want to talk about politics and their involvement in the establishment. That's not the perception to most American voters though. I'm making that distinction.

And again, I'm not saying the Hillary comps are fair. I'm just saying they'll happen whether it's deserved or not.

As far as the touching, I don't think people care. The Democratic field of candidates barely responded, Democratic voters barely responded. Most people didn't change their mind. A couple did, and a couple actually viewed him more favorably. Those who care about it aren't Dem voters that are going to vote for Biden in a primary anyway. Did you see the way Biden himself responded? He knows the Dem voters voting for him don't give a shit.

To be completely clear, I really like Warren. I'm not really that big on Biden. But it's pretty clear to me who has a much better chance not just to win the Democratic nomination, but the presidency from Trump as well.

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:34 pm

Molenation

Anyone democrat who wants Biden over other choices is an absolute idiotic melt

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:43 pm

@Freeza wrote:

Molenation

thats it fridge. you tell them americans how to vote from your comfy house in denmark. Laughing Laughing

BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:49 pm

Comfy house?

I'm flattered you think I can afford one straight out of school.

And I care about American politics, and so should you. I've had plenty friends and family go to war over something that the US did and lied about.

They've destroyed the environment plenty. Their capitalism has also brought along a lot of terrible things that affect us all on a global scale.

But if you think there's nothing unethical about being that wealthy and never using any of that wealth, then I don't know what to say to you.

Obama, Biden, Hillary. All terrible in that regard. Nothing progressive about those frauds at all. They're hacks paid by billionaires and banks. And the thought that Republicans are worse is frightening.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:52 pm

Also fyi a house where I live costs at least £200k.

Only the richest of the rich will have them, and then they'll rent them out to insane prices and force people to pay insane amount of women to have a place to live, because there's very little regulation, if any, with new housing.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:53 pm

@Freeza wrote:Comfy house?

And I care about American politics, and so should you. I've had plenty friends and family go to war over something that the US did and lied about.

They've destroyed the environment plenty. Their capitalism has also brought along a lot of terrible things that affect us all on a global scale.

But if you think there's nothing unethical about being that wealthy and never using any of that wealth, then I don't know what to say to you.

Obama, Biden, Hillary. All terrible in that regard. Nothing progressive about those frauds at all. They're hacks paid by billionaires and banks. And the thought that Republicans are worse is frightening.
2 things from that post the first is why are you still at school at 25yo. 2nd nothing will change no matter who the president is.

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:54 pm

@Freeza wrote:Also fyi a house where I live costs at least £200k.

Only the richest of the rich will have them, and then they'll rent them out to insane prices and force people to pay insane amount of women to have a place to live, because there's very little regulation, if any, with new housing.
maybe you should worry more about stuff in denmark then. Very Happy

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:56 pm

they use women to buy houses in denmark Laughing

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:57 pm

@Unique wrote:

2 things from that post the first is why are you still at school at 25yo. 2nd nothing will change no matter who the president is.

Because a Uni degree takes 5 years. High School is 3 years. Public school takes 10 years. Then i had an extra year 10th grade in continuation school where I studied away from home and practices football and gymnastics.

That's almost 20 years total. It takes 18 years of schooling to get a master's degree in Denmark.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:58 pm

@Unique wrote:

they use women to buy houses in denmark Laughing

Lol... That's a freudian slip if I ever seen one.

But yeah, you probably need a wife or two to afford a place. Or sell one or two.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:04 pm

@Freeza wrote:
@Unique wrote:

Because a Uni degree takes 5 years. High School is 3 years. Public school takes 10 years. Then i had an extra year 10th grade in continuation school where I studied away from home and practices football and gymnastics.

That's almost 20 years total. It takes 18 years of schooling to get a master's degree in Denmark.
tbh thats a shit load of education. what job will you get and how much does it pay at the end of all of that. see i have a theory that 80% of education is useless information.

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:08 pm

That theory is not much off tbh Laughing But sadly you have to get anything to get a foot in the door.

Usually the monthly pay for a fine job is around £4k to start off. Before taxes.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:11 pm

@Freeza wrote:That theory is not much off tbh Laughing But sadly you have to get anything to get a foot in the door.

Usually the monthly pay for a fine job is around £4k to start off. Before taxes.

cant moan at that mate. will your job pay you £1k per week.

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz on Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:43 am

@Freeza wrote:

Molenation

We want to beat Trump. Biden gives us our best chance to win the white working class in the former rustbelt. It is what it is.

Young Kaz
Young Kaz
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:48 am

No democrats truly wants Biden, which makes me laugh at the notion that he somehow is the strongest they can come up with to beat Trump.

There's absolutely nothing about Biden that would lead to a movement behind him. It will especially not engage the young generations as they're beginning to line up with a more Scandinavian way of thinking about welfare, economy etc.

Enjoy Biden though, mass incarceration, inequality, and debt will only get worse. But at least Sports can buy a new car.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:54 am

@Freeza wrote:No democrats truly wants Biden, which makes me laugh at the notion that he somehow is the strongest they can come up with to beat Trump.

There's absolutely nothing about Biden that would lead to a movement behind him. It will especially not engage the young generations as they're beginning to line up with a more Scandinavian way of thinking about welfare, economy etc.

Enjoy Biden though, mass incarceration, inequality, and debt will only get worse. But at least Sports can buy a new car.
the tax dodger will love it Very Happy

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz on Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:02 am

@Freeza wrote:No democrats truly wants Biden, which makes me laugh at the notion that he somehow is the strongest they can come up with to beat Trump.

Theres no movement coming because there is no movement needed right now.

You want to know why the idea of Obama and "radical" hope and change was so big 10 years ago? Its because our Economy was tanking, people were being kicked out of houses they couldnt afford, their retirement funds were turning into cheap vacation funds, and nobody was hiring. Thats what got people out behind obama, not some mythical idea of America washing herself clean of her racial past, not some forward march towards socialism that conservatives said, not some fundamental change in the American identity. It was MONEY.

What movement do you honestly think could be made against Trump that would catch on with the mainstream in 2020 coming from a Kamala or a Bernie?
"Tired of having plentiful jobs?"
"Tired of Having a 401k experiencing double digit growth?
"Tired of not declaring new wars?"

What is it gonna be? A promise of forgiving student loan debts after a large portion of this country have made sacrifices to pay theirs, and a larger amount dont have a college education to speak of? Environmentalism in a nation that loves SUV while our auto industry continues to die a slow painful death?

This is idealism. There is a reason why Democrats didnt want Bernie in 2016, and theres a reason why he wont win with the base of democrats in 2020. Minorities WILL NOT pay for the entitlements of people who dont even view us as people. Simple as. No free rides. Sanders just got booed trying to side step a question of what he will do about white supremacy by trying his same old class bullshit.

Biden can talk to the rust belt and gain those electoral votes that pushed Trump over Hillary. We can take the white house back and send that Cheeto to hell.

Young Kaz
Young Kaz
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:37 am

It's deja vu all over again.

Just like Hillary was the safe choice in 2016, Biden is the safe choice in 2020.

They're both morally bankrupt people who no one wants. But because they feel "safe" somehow people are convinced they stand a chance against Trump.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz on Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:42 am

@Freeza wrote:It's deja vu all over again.

Just like Hillary was the safe choice in 2016, Biden is the safe choice in 2020.

They're both morally bankrupt people who no one wants. But because they feel "safe" somehow people are convinced they stand a chance against Trump.

This COUNTRY is morally bankrupt.

Also the difference is biden is actually likable. Hillary was one of the most unlikable people in the country(rightfully and unrightfully so). Biden is much more relatable to the average American. He's uncle Joe.

Hillary was hated, yet still won the popular vote. Biden would walk Trump.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:10 am

@Young Kaz wrote:
@Freeza wrote:It's deja vu all over again.

This COUNTRY is morally bankrupt.

Also the difference is biden is actually likable. Hillary was one of the most unlikable people in the country(rightfully and unrightfully so). Biden is much more relatable to the average American. He's uncle Joe.

Hillary was hated, yet still won the popular vote. Biden would walk Trump.

lucky you have 2 passports then Wink

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum