Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

+28
The Demon of Carthage
Mamad
M99
Lex
Doc
elitedam
Adit
iftikhar
Young Kaz
Pedram
FennecFox7
sportsczy
The Madrid One
futbol_bill
RealGunner
rincon
CBarca
zigra
BarrileteCosmico
Blue
Freeza
Art Morte
Clutch
McLewis
VivaStPauli
Unique
futbol
Hapless_Hans
32 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:01 am

I have obviously no in-depth knowledge of the guy and his policies, but I have a deep seated distrust towards Corey Booker.

Nobody can tell me that the guy isn't ultimately a show-off who's in it for the attention and the ambition, is actually full of shit, and would sell his mom to the highest bidder if must be, let alone his principles.
On the surface however, he's ok, and if the collateral damage to his career plan is okayish policies, who would I be to complain.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:06 am

btw, Freeza I fully agree with your strategic estimate.

The time for centrism and the magical 'bipartisanship' BS is over in the US, I hope Democrats will finally understand.
What's going on is Republicans and their capitalist masters have declared war on the country, and on such core values as decency, common sense and truthfulness for that matter, and the left needs to understand the seriousness of what's going on.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:33 am

I had hoped Ocasio-Cortez would be more informed than she actually is, but not giving up on her. She clearly has potential and I think she's a quick learner.

Still think the absolute right candidate has emerged yet. Everyone mentioned has a lot of flaws. Perhaps too many to be taken seriously.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:12 pm

Was already a rising star before this video went viral, but a lot will hinge on how does in election against Ted Cruz. He'll maintain momentum by either beating Cruz or narrowly losing to him. Anything else and I think he'll fade.

Probably one of the best candidates out there right now though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:22 pm

Warren is making presidential moves. Just released an anti corruption law proposal and her past 10 years worth of taxes. Definitely running.

I think she would be Trump's preference for an adversary tho.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:27 pm

McLewis wrote:I had hoped Ocasio-Cortez would be more informed than she actually is, but not giving up on her. She clearly has potential and I think she's a quick learner.

Still think the absolute right candidate has emerged yet. Everyone mentioned has a lot of flaws. Perhaps too many to be taken seriously.

I watched her clip on Israel and thought she was a bit of a clown. Went from "Israel is invading Palestine as we speak!" (a defensible position if you want to make the case, even though odd for a NY representative) to "I don't know enough about foreign policy so you should not listen to me" within a few sentences. Don't know much about her but that exchange painted her as an empty politician trying to ride the populist wave.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:26 pm

Bernie Sanders singing John McCain's praises on twitter right now. Cant believe anybody thought this old grandpa was ever better than Hillary. Laughing Laughing Laughing

He'll fellate a war criminal in death just the way any other paid off democrat would.

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:21 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:Bernie Sanders singing John McCain's praises on twitter right now. Cant believe anybody thought this old grandpa was ever better than Hillary. Laughing Laughing Laughing

He'll fellate a war criminal in death just the way any other paid off democrat would.

Like Hillary hmm

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:11 pm

Clutch wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:Bernie Sanders singing John McCain's praises on twitter right now. Cant believe anybody thought this old grandpa was ever better than Hillary. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Like Hillary hmm

Difference is we know what we get with Hillary.

Bernie talks a good game, then fellates the corpse of McCain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:14 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
Clutch wrote:

Like Hillary hmm

What would you rate McCain on a scale of 1-10?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:05 am

Betty La Fea wrote:
Clutch wrote:

Like Hillary hmm

I mean everyone was sucking off McCain on Twitter. Even Alexandria ocasio cortez

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:30 am

Freeza wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:
Clutch wrote: Like Hillary hmm

What would you rate McCain on a scale of 1-10?

He was a guy who could have avoided the draft all together, but chose to go over there and commit war crimes so he could have a future in politics.

He came home and voted against the King Holiday(a holiday celebrating the life of a TRUE American hero the Dr.Martin Luther King Jr).

He voted against expanding the GI Bill to give veterans an opportunity a better life after serving this country.

He voted against healthcare research using our overbloated defense spending.

He was a MONSTER. Some of the worst this country had to offer was embodied by him, and it was his Karma after serving and voting against civil rights in 1990 that he lost the presidency to a Black man, and then was shunned in his final days by a president who failed to serve in the military at all. POETIC JUSTICE.

Clutch wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:
Clutch wrote: Like Hillary hmm

I mean everyone was sucking off McCain on Twitter. Even Alexandria ocasio cortez

Do you think Old man Bernie would have the same view about politicians being bought by wall street just because "Everyone else is"?

Im sorry thats poor leadership on his part, and exactly why he will never be nothing more than a flash in the pan in anything. He is a reactionary that cant even admit to being one. Just another old fool. Also Ocasio-Cortez is just another young reactionary liberal too if that is true.

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:35 am

Betty La Fea wrote:Bernie Sanders singing John McCain's praises on twitter right now. Cant believe anybody thought this old grandpa was ever better than Hillary. Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Extremely disappointing from Sanders. I don't know if I could bring myself to vote for him after that if I were American.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:48 am

zigra wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:Bernie Sanders singing John McCain's praises on twitter right now. Cant believe anybody thought this old grandpa was ever better than Hillary. Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Extremely disappointing from Sanders. I don't know if I could bring myself to vote for him after that if I were American.

Feeling the bern Laughing Laughing Laughing

Remember when the old hypocrite said this about Hillary?
Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 2 Dlfr6yFUUAANZOQ

But he'd sing the praises of a warhawk this morning. Sanders is a huckster.

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:17 pm

McCain was a giant in US politics. Even if he disagreed with McCain on just about everything, do you think Bernie would disparage or say nothing about McCain just after his death?

Almost everyone in politics right now who is relevant in politics is going to say something nice about McCain because it's good optics if they do ( or at least neutral) and bad optics if they don't.

This isn't a defense of Bernie as much as it is a rational explanation as to why people will and are reacting the way they are.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:40 pm

CBarca wrote:McCain was a giant in US politics. Even if he disagreed with McCain on just about everything, do you think Bernie would disparage or say nothing about McCain just after his death?

Almost everyone in politics right now who is relevant in politics is going to say something nice about McCain because it's good optics if they do ( or at least neutral) and bad optics if they don't.

This isn't a defense of Bernie as much as it is a rational explanation as to why people will and are reacting the way they are.

Or you could just wish the family well and say nothing about the man the way Trump did.

People are lying now though. A house member down here, John Lewis, had the audacity to say McCain was a warrior for peace. This is a man who gave up what comfort he had, and left a woman with his kids, to bomb civilians in Indochina. He used his connections so he wouldnt have to be on the ground, in a way his grades dictated, but to be a pilot when his grades proved he didnt have the aptitude for it. Of course he crashed and was held as a POW. He came home to this woman he had left to raise their kids, who was now crippled much the same he was from a car accident, and cheated on her eventually leaving her for a young beer heiress. He funded contras in South America, and never saw a war he wouldnt vote for. He was many things, but a man of peace? never. A man of honor? Not by any Christian sense

How can i trust any politician who would lie about something like this?

John McCain wasnt huge today. He was shunned in his own party, and only a few weeks ago the mere mention of him by the leader of his party at a rally led to a chorus of boos. The leader of the free world today won votes by talking about how much of a failure, and loser, McCain was.

Sanders,Cortez, and other "Progressives" need to keep their mouth closed. They arent winning any moderates over by lying through their teeth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:31 pm

Betty stepping up to plate as reverse Unique. Absolutely terrific booking by @Realgunner

Incredible to watch two narrow minded individuals on both sides of the spectrum.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:55 pm

Freeza wrote:Betty stepping up to plate as reverse Unique. Absolutely terrific booking by @Realgunner

Incredible to watch two narrow minded individuals on both sides of the spectrum.

I wouldnt consider myself narrow-minded. I have strong opinions about McCain, but he was running the first time I was able to vote so you never really forget what pops your cherry.

I'll never forget that day in 2008, when I got up at 6:00 am so I could travel 30 miles from campus to home in morning traffic to vote for Obama to make sure that scumbag never ever ever got to hold the highest office.

Heres a McCain story. He called the Vietnamese gooks until the day he died. Despite the fact that HE SIGNED UP TO BOMB THEM IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY, and then when he crashed bombing a lightbulb factory was saved by a Vietnamese man from certain death when the same civilians he was bombing started to beat the crap out of him. Of course he never mentioned the great man that saved his life in his book:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-542277/How-war-hero-John-McCain-betrayed-Vietnamese-peasant-saved-life.html

Mai Van On is a true hero. He saved the life of a man who was dropping napalm on his own people. McCain didnt even have the decency to vote for the civil rights of his fellow citizens when he got back home. He was a monster.

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 2 Quote-i-hate-the-gooks-i-will-hate-them-as-long-as-i-live-john-mccain-251684

I am one happy gook this afternoon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:59 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
Freeza wrote:Betty stepping up to plate as reverse Unique. Absolutely terrific booking by @Realgunner

I wouldnt consider myself narrow-minded. I have strong opinions about McCain, but he was running the first time I was able to vote so you never really forget what pops your cherry.

I'll never forget that day in 2008, when I got up at 6:00 am so I could travel 30 miles from campus to home in morning traffic to vote for Obama to make sure that scumbag never ever ever got to hold the highest office.

Heres a McCain story. He called the Vietnamese gooks until the day he died. Despite the fact that HE SIGNED UP TO BOMB THEM IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY, and then when he crashed bombing a lightbulb factory was saved by a Vietnamese man from certain death when the same civilians he was bombing started to beat the crap out of him. Of course he never mentioned the great man that saved his life in his book:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-542277/How-war-hero-John-McCain-betrayed-Vietnamese-peasant-saved-life.html

Mai Van On is a true hero. He saved the life of a man who was dropping napalm on his own people. McCain didnt even have the decency to vote for the civil rights of his fellow citizens when he got back home. He was a monster.

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 2 Quote-i-hate-the-gooks-i-will-hate-them-as-long-as-i-live-john-mccain-251684

atleast he didnt call you a racist nazi rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:01 pm

Unique wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

You're an idiot too, don't forget that.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:05 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:

Maybe stubborn is more the right term.

Not disagreeing with McCain being a bad guy overall. He was an absolute evil man, no doubt there. His daughter is also a terrible braindead hag.

I just think you're going too hard in on this and attacking everyone for trying to act respectful.

Also reverse Unique is a great compliment. No-worse thing I could say to a person than if I said they were like him.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:06 pm

Freeza wrote:
Unique wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

the problem with you is you think you are smarter than you are. you act like you know everything about everything yet you spend all your time on a football forum talking to people that you call idiots. now if that dont make you a idiot i dont know what does. rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:08 pm

Freeza wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

Not disagreeing with McCain being a bad guy overall. He was an absolute evil man, no doubt there. His daughter is also a terrible braindead hag.

I just think you're going too hard in on this and attacking everyone for trying to act respectful.

Also reverse Unique is a great compliment. No-worse thing I could say to a person than if I said they were like him.
the narcissistic tendencies are strong in this one rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:14 pm

Freeza wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

Laughing Laughing

I could see that.

I think a lot of people not of my generation(roughly the 28-38) group dont know how much we HATED John McCain as an extension of Bush. 2008 was a really bad time in America. Probably the worst morale-wise in the past 50 or so years. We knew the war in Iraq was a lie at this point, the recession was going on and people were losing everything, and guys were coming home destroyed mentally from the war. We just wanted peace, but McCain was tone-deaf. He was a hawk. He threatened Iran and North Korea constantly....he never saw a war he didnt support. He also had a certified lunatic as a running mate. We were legit scared he was going to win, he would die, and she would be in charge. We hate him, and seeing the media not represent our views or voices is discouraging. You just know when Dick Cheney, or Bush die they are going to sanitize him too. Its just depressing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:15 pm

Unique wrote:
Freeza wrote:
Unique wrote:

the problem with you is you think you are smarter than you are. you act like you know everything about everything yet you spend all your time on a football forum talking to people that you call idiots. now if that dont make you a idiot i dont know what does. rofl

You’re really using the “you spend all your time on a forum” excuse?

You're close to my post count in 4 years less. You’re 50 years old with a wife and children, who I’m guessing you never spendd time with because you’re up all night arguing with university students because you lost your job in Lidl and have resorted to cashing them welfare checks.

If you spent your free time actually engaging with real people of different races and religions, you might actually become less bigoted.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:18 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
Freeza wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

Laughing Laughing

I could see that.

I think a lot of people not of my generation(roughly the 28-38) group dont know how much we HATED John McCain as an extension of Bush. 2008 was a really bad time in America. Probably the worst morale-wise in the past 50 or so years. We knew the war in Iraq was a lie at this point, the recession was going on and people were losing everything, and guys were coming home destroyed mentally from the war. We just wanted peace, but McCain was tone-deaf. He was a hawk. He threatened Iran and North Korea constantly....he never saw a war he didnt support. He also had a certified lunatic as a running mate. We were legit scared he was going to win, he would die, and she would be in charge. We hate him, and seeing the media not represent our views or voices is discouraging. You just know when Dick Cheney, or Bush die they are going to sanitize him too. Its just depressing.

I don’t know if the sanitation is going to stick though. I know the reputation of a guy like Reagan goes down each day. And while I was not alive back when he was president I’m pretty confident he was one of the most popular during his time.

I think time will judge them all, but now is not the time most people will do this.

Hell. I don’t know if any republican will ever have a great legacy. They seem so far gone.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next