urbaNRoots
Vlad the Impaler
BarcaLearning
Chumlum
Firenze
82 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 24 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by Unique Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:39 pm

people want to beat pep so bad they asking for help from magic powers in the sky an shit Laughing Laughing if you want to beat pep beat the man fair and square like klopp has. dont be asking zeus to help ffs. rofl rofl

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 24 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by Firenze Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:57 pm

He only needs another 700M in the summer to compete

Imagine ppl criticising his defensive options when he's spent something like 400M on defenders alone since he joined City ffs.

Man owes his career to Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. Without those, there are no teams coming to him with unlimited budgets.

Give Eddie Howe the resources Pep has and he would probably get to at least a CL final :coffee:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:01 pm

Firenze wrote:He only needs another 700M in the summer to compete

Imagine ppl criticising his defensive options when he's spent something like 400M on defenders alone since he joined City ffs.

Man owes his career to Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. Without those, there are no teams coming to him with unlimited budgets.

Give Eddie Howe the resources Pep has and he would probably get to at least a CL final :coffee:
since fergie left you lot have spent as much as city and you aint made it to no champions lge final. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:03 pm

Unique wrote:
Firenze wrote:He only needs another 700M in the summer to compete

since fergie left you lot have spent as much as city and you aint made it to no champions lge final. Laughing

we've won a european final :coffee:

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:22 pm

And City have won the leauge twice. Man Utd is by far the bigger laughing stock here.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:23 pm

I think we've actually gone as far as City have in the CL in the same span though?

and we have Ed Woodward and Ole (who has beaten Pep a couple times at the Etihad IIRC) who are both jobbers

all I know is only one of the teams have won a domestic and european treble since Pep joined City :coffee:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:49 pm

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:00 am

Kaladin wrote:They'd all comfortably finish in the top 4 of Bundesliga mate

Let's be honest, they'll win it if they managed Bayern.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:58 am

Unique wrote:people want to beat pep so bad they asking for help from magic powers in the sky an shit Laughing Laughing if you want to beat pep beat the man fair and square like klopp has. dont be asking zeus to help ffs. rofl rofl

Yes. Funny so many ppl wanna jump up and laugh tat Pep whenever he doesnt do well Very Happy

Pep was fair to be bit upset with some of the decisions and bad luck I guess this season though. This game that Lloris foul on Sterling although Sterling always goes down, many other leagues would have given that as a pen again for sure. Funny Pep always has to behave and say he accepts it is different in EPL Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:42 am

Casciavit wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:
Casciavit wrote:Players let him down today. Not his fault they miss sitters.

Do you feel his failure of establishing a starting XI has been a big issue with his squad management? Outside of a few players, he doesn't seem to know his starting XI and almost every season he seems to scrap something that's working and implementing something else.

You know, I haven't written many detailed posts about City this season compared to previous seasons because I've sort of lost interest in their project, but I will now.

Pep succeeded. There's the centurion season, the first team to win the PL back to back in a decade, the first team to win the English treble, and making a comeback against Liverpool in one of the most competitive title races in PL history. All that's remaining is the CL, and that's the cherry on top. I'll talk about their chances later.

But as for their struggles this season, I believe the table is an exaggeration. Does Liverpool deserve to win the PL? Absolutely. Do I feel like they are +20 points better than City? I don't think so. It's natural that City dropped off after last season. People don't give them enough credit for their comeback. They won the league after being 10 points behind against a challenger who finished with 97 points and won the CL. That's the same challenger who hasn't won the PL in 25 years and is extremely motivated to do so. It was always going to be difficult to replicate that feat.

City this season reminds me of Pep's first season. They create chances, but they miss them. Unlike the first season, they've been unlucky with injuries too. They've missed their best defender and their best big-game forward. Hell, they had to start Rodri and Fernandinho in central defense in some games. So I don't think it's all doom and gloom over there.

But they do have their fair share of issues.

To answer your question, there are many factors at play. Pep has always been big on rotations and playing specific players against specific opposition because he believes those players' strengths will help City, and he isn't wrong.

But let me ask you this if he's playing a 3-4-1-2 and City is playing well, but then Mendy gets injured who does he play as his LWB? There's no one else. Zinchenko is limited as he can't do anything when he's on the touchline. Inverted he's fine, but playing on the outside he's shit because he's not a LB, he's a midfielder. So Pep has to revert to something else.

So he goes back to his 4-3-3. Then let me ask you something else...when you have the players City have why wouldn't you rotate them? They have world-class players on the bench on big wages who are capable of starting. If you don't play them issues arise. City's schedule is insane, they have the depth to play these different guys. Even then Pep usually has a big game 11 himself.

So I don't think rotation is the issue, but I think personnel is. And this goes back to why I can't see them winning the CL. City is mentally fragile. If you want to win the CL, you have to take your chances. The small details matter. Laporte doesn't make a mistake all season last year and he makes two in 15 min against Spurs. City constantly misses sitters and penalties in the biggest moments, then they end up paying for it later. They also have this issue of once they concede a goal they're prone to conceding another in quick succession. They have no natural passers in the team. They don't have a Xavi who could kill the momentum of the opposition by just ball hogging and passing it sideways. They have KDB instead who is always looking to counter-attack the moment he has the ball.

And that comes back to personnel. I don't think they'll win the CL playing Pep's way because they don't have the players to win the CL in that way. Stones and Otamendi have a brainfart in them at any moment. They're absolute clowns. Hell, even guys like Mendy/Walker/Cancelo are suspect. Then you have the midfielders who can't hold the ball in high-tempo games and the inefficient forwards. Now I'm not saying those guys are bad players by any means, but their playing styles just don't translate to CL success. You win the CL by having players who don't make mistakes. You win the CL by having players who can make the difference with the least opportunities, not the most.

Pep also has the issue of overthinking and fielding unusual teams in away legs. One can also lay blame on the purchases for the lack of CL success but those players are fine for the PL. Again, they aren't bad players, they just aren't suited to win the CL the way he wants them to. He also makes selection decisions that I don't agree with but I do see the logic behind. Gundogan should only play as a DM, but then again Gundogan is the only actual CM on the team. Mendy should never play inverted, but if you play him wide that means you play the LCM deeper, and then left-wing loses its combinations. I could see Pep tinkering the structure and play a 3-4-3 against Madrid. It helps defend against counterattacks and aids ball circulation in deeper areas City will have an extra man.

That being said, I don't see City getting past Madrid. Madrid is filled with CL champions and they are efficient unlike City, but they do miss that killer in front of goal like back when they had Cristiano, so we'll see. Maybe City will be extremely motivated after the VAR stuff last year. They also know that the PL is lost and they'll be willing to put all their eggs in the CL basket. That being said if City does get past Madrid I can see them making it all the way as that could be the catalyst in helping them get over their mental hiccups in the CL. Liverpool is my favorites for the CL though. If Hazard's fit, I see a Liverpool-Madrid final.

That being said time will ultimately tell what happens.

I applaud you sir one of the last few constructive writers left on this forum.

I can't really look at anything you said and say I disagree with it well written.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:47 am

Great response Lascia. Always nice to see posts like that here.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:16 am

Thanks guys.

iftikhar wrote:@Casciavit, do you think City players have stopped trying in last few weeks? I haven't watched them that regularly, but in recent games only Kevin, Agüero and Bernardo seemed (to me) to be putting on a shift.

I wouldn't use the phrase "not trying" because I don't think that is quite true. The players are still running. They're still making large efforts to make comebacks even when they're down. But the truth is the reality of their situation probably has demoralized them to some extent.

The fact that they miss their chances and the opponent constantly scores with one shot. The fact that Liverpool is an undefeated machine. These are all factors that play a part. This is also their 4th season under Pep who is a very systematic and intense coach which naturally causes burn out for the players. It's a combination of things.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:08 am

If Pep flops CL and continues to flop next year he will be considered a short term coach and a fraudulent failure and rightly so.

Don't @ me.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:09 am

Nobody should come at you for saying the truth.

Pep is a phenomenal league coach. But the CL? Let's just say he hasn't done enough to help his case in recent years.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:09 pm

Outspending your next in line competition by a factor of 2 and winning the league back to back isn't as phenomenal as you think.

After all Valverde did it too, and half of you wanted him gone Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Duronto-Roddur Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:52 am

I would like to have an impartial (if that's at all allowed here Wink) and fairly objective view on what went wrong with City this season.

The absence of Laporte and Sane has definitely affected them, specially the former. But that barely explains the 22 point gap and the fact that so many teams have managed to tear them apart.

We alawys had VVD but even with the much maligned Lovren, we didn't look so vulnerable and even with Adrian we have a 100% win record.

Duronto-Roddur
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:23 pm

city are 22 points behind because liverpool put pressure on them and they folded like a cheap deckchair. city were at the point of every game is a must win game after only 6-7 games were gone so every game they played they were under lots of pressure and liverpool after the great start knew they could slip up now and then and still have a good lead so as city were playing under great pressure liverpool were playing with confidence. now the pressure for city is they dont want to be on the wrong end of a biggest points margin gap in history where as liverpool will be looking to break records and thats all she wrote
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:17 pm

For six months people have been meticulously analysing "Where Oh Where have City gone wrong?"

From staunch Pep fanatics to admirers of Dutch football principles to those analysts who bring a graph or make videos with lines and circles to which make their analysis far deeper than what it actually is.

The truth of the matter is that a lot of their squad is in fact overrated along with some squeezing performances the best out of themselves in a system highly catered to giving one another freedom. But it has been figured out similar to De Bruyne's one trick pony crossing to Sterling who being terrific, is quite a limited player beyond his tricks. Factors such as Laporte being out to Pep over-tinkering for the sake of it play it but I can assure most that the reasons are simpler than you think not some bullshit mystical reason.

Oh and that Liverpool are just a comfortably better team.

In every single way. That isn't ending anytime soon.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:43 pm

I mean it's obvious why City are flopping. They can't finish for shit. Their penalty record is atrocious. They create the most chances, best quality chances and concede the fewest chances yet they can't take them. The 2 games against Spurs should have been 6 points for example.

Their squad is ovverated as hell as well. The recruitment at City is poor. I mean do they look at injury records? How is Zinchenko still their starting LB? Why is Otamendi still at that club? Why wasn't Kompany replaced? Why is Gundogan there? Why is David Silva still starting?

With how poor they are at converting chances, I will be very surprised if they even score against Madrid.

Also, you have to question their mentality. When they concede the players drop their heads, especially now Kompany is gone. Liverpool's belief is just other wordly. They dont create the same amount of chances but they keep going to the end.

The players they have don't quite fit together. What Liverpool have over City is recruitment. Liverpools first XI is superior to City's and I've been saying this since they signed van Dijk.

The only players that would get into Pools team from City are KdB and Laporte.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:21 am

"I have never felt the best manager in the world. Even when I won six trophies with Barça in one season. I won because I had extraordinary players.

If we don't beat Real Madrid, then the chairman or sporting director will come and say, 'It's not good enough, we want the Champions League, I'm going to sack you."

At the very least he has the nerve to acknowledge that he's a bald fraud hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:58 am

Pep Guardiola’s excuses at Man City GL version
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:20 am

guy has a persecution complex

it's 100% clear that noone of power at City, and noone at Bayern either btw where he said the exact same thing a few times, has ever considered 'sacking' Pep Guardiola, nor would sack him if they fail to beat Real

if the guy wants out and is not happy with himself, he should say so and not direct the responsibility outwards

and if he is happy with himself adn with the job he's got, he should stop with the fake ass over the top modesty and the passive agressiveness
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:45 pm

Frankly he has nowhere better to go and he knows it. That is why he has said quite a few times that he is working on rebuilding the team for next season already.

Unless a new but familiar Barcelona board come to power and offer him a blank cheque to sign anyone he likes, but even then I feel like most his mates are at City already. Although I'm sure those mercenaries are happy to jump the ship whenever they like.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:56 pm

nah I think he'll eventually go back to Barça. He might go to PSG before that for a brief stint, but he'll definitely go back to Barça.

Also after his false modest comment, I really want Madrid now to beat him. Really not a fan of his mind games.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:38 pm

Someone tell my cousin Jibs up there that Zinchenko is a starter at LB because Pep’s 50m transfer to cover that area is either injured or shit.

Moreover, Pep’s shit backline is formed of another 3 players of a cumulated worth of more than 150m (two which brought by the genius himself). Kompany’s replacement must be among them tbh

Also, David Silva is still playing because he is reluctant in giving minutes to the most talented footballer he’s ever seen, Phil Foden.

They lack belief ? Isn’t that Pep’s job ? to instill confidence in his players, to make them go until the end ? Maybe he should hire Klopp as his assistant to do the groundwork and leave Pep buy all the players in the world and behave himself accordingly in press confs, as he always does when he’s not winning by a distance
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:51 pm

They’ve already won the league a few times, and they’ve certainly looked like a much more convincing, top team in the past. Can’t blame the morale for not being at it’s peak anymore, although they have yet to win the CL. But yeah, Klopp who’s heading towards his first EPL title probably has more experience in the motivation department hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next