Blue
BarrileteCosmico
Unique
DuringTheWar
12 posters

Go down

Islam and animal abuse Empty Islam and animal abuse

Post by DuringTheWar Fri May 05, 2017 6:33 am

A whole thread could be dedicated to this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GTFtards/status/859404213985660928

At least 13,600,000 animals are killed halal style each year in Britain without being stunned. It's illegal to do this, unless you are a Muslim or a Jew. Apologists say the animals feel fine as the blood gushes from their hacked throats. Others beg to differ:

"The RSPCA argues that killing animals without stunning them causes "unnecessary suffering", while activist group Peta calls halal slaughter "prolonged torment", saying the animals "fight and gasp for their last breath, struggling to stand while the blood drains from their necks"

"The British Veterinary Association calls for all animals to be effectively stunned before slaughter, while the Farm Animal Welfare Council says cutting an animal's throat is "such a massive injury [that it] would result in very significant pain and distress in the period before insensibility supervenes"."

Caught in the act:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/shopping-and-consumer-news/11384505/Secret-halal-slaughterhouse-film-reveals-horrific-animal-abuse.html

Funny how some cultures treat animals like shit (another would be China) and other cultures at least respect animals and create laws to minimise their misery. But all cultures are equal, don't forget that!
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Islam and animal abuse Empty Re: Islam and animal abuse

Post by Unique Fri May 05, 2017 7:24 am

The way the Chinese put live dogs in boiling water is terrible. TBH they should get hold of the people that do it and put them in boiling water.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 05, 2017 8:50 am

DuringTheWar wrote:
At least 13,600,000 animals are killed halal style each year in Britain without being stunned. It's illegal to do this, unless you are a Muslim or a Jew.

Why are we singling out islam in the title?

Anyways I agree the practice is abhorrent. I think by the end of this century animals will have far more rights than as of now.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri May 05, 2017 12:10 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:

Funny how some cultures treat animals like shit (another would be China) and other cultures at least respect animals and create laws to minimise their misery. But all cultures are equal, don't forget that!

Do you realize how poorly Chickens and other animals in the U.K. and similar majority Christian countries are treated?

http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-food/animals-used-food-factsheets/poultry-eggs-industries-abuse-chickens/

Before you throw stones at other cultures maybe you should educate yourself on your own.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri May 05, 2017 12:46 pm

I didn't read this whole article yet, but I found this:

"But contrary to what many assume, most animals killed by halal methods are stunned before slaughter. FSA estimates suggest that 88% of animals in the UK killed by halal methods were stunned beforehand in a way that many Muslims find religiously acceptable."

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/may/08/what-does-halal-method-animal-slaughter-involve
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri May 05, 2017 1:39 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:I didn't read this whole article yet, but I found this:

"But contrary to what many assume, most animals killed by halal methods are stunned before slaughter. FSA estimates suggest that 88% of animals in the UK killed by halal methods were stunned beforehand in a way that many Muslims find religiously acceptable."

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/may/08/what-does-halal-method-animal-slaughter-involve

That article is in fact what I derived my figure from, as it states 114,000,000 animals are killed halal style each year, 12% of 114,000,000 is 13,680,000.

However the telegraph articles, that I posted, states:

"80 per cent of halal meat is stunned, the number of sheep killed without stunning is rising due to campaigning by Muslims, figures show."

Last edited by DuringTheWar on Fri May 05, 2017 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri May 05, 2017 1:50 pm

Blue wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:

Do you realize how poorly Chickens and other animals in the U.K. and similar majority Christian countries are treated?

http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-food/animals-used-food-factsheets/poultry-eggs-industries-abuse-chickens/

Before you throw stones at other cultures maybe you should educate yourself on your own.

Oh for goodness sake what is it with the knee jerk comparison to Christianity. The UK is a secular country not a Christian country.
We do not kill animals the same way as people thousands of years ago. We are not impervious to change because our minds arent trapped by an ancient book, unlike some others.

We try to do what we can, I don't expect utopia. Justifying all other cultures because the U.K. isnt an imaginary utopia where everything is perfect is a weak argument.
Despite whatever we get wrong, we aren't deliberately committed to treating animals in a barbaric way. Ok...
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri May 05, 2017 7:39 pm

I unexpectedly agree with everything you've said in this thread.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri May 05, 2017 8:28 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:
We try to do what we can, I don't expect utopia. Justifying all other cultures because the U.K. isnt an imaginary utopia where everything is perfect is a weak argument.
Despite whatever we get wrong, we aren't deliberately committed to treating animals in a barbaric way. Ok...

You truly have to be joking.. Laughing
Just to clarify: If "we" (as in the western societies) really wanted to end brutality towards animals we could do so. But are we wlling to pay the extra price that not treaing animals like shit would cost us? Well not yet. I can't believe you talk about how we do what we can to protect animals when we treat them like shit just to save a few euros/pounds. We force feed birds because foie gras is "delicate", we shred newborn chickens because they have "no industrial use". We put animals in places where they can hardly move.

I don't agree with killing animals without stunning them before btw. But our societies treat the vast majority of the animals like total crap from the day they are born.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Fri May 05, 2017 9:57 pm

In Putin's Russia (so loved by sepi) muslims kill sheeps without stunning on streets during their holidays
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri May 05, 2017 10:20 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:

This is a load of BS, how animals are treated in the meat industry in UK is a choice. A barbaric way is handled of those poor animals from the moment they are born until they die. All in the name of efficiency and saving costs.

In Halal; Animals must also be provided with enough space to roam, clean water, food and fresh air during its life. That is much better and humane treatment of animals then the meat industry in UK, US, and similar countries in the world.

And no i don't justify misbehavior of animals in other cultures. What i did was bring light to your ignorant attempt of believing moral superiority over other cultures.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri May 05, 2017 10:22 pm

not sure if its true but I read somewhere that in a lot of muslim countrys they kill dogs just because they don't like them. in some places they just lay poison down just to kill peoples dogs.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Fri May 05, 2017 11:17 pm

Unique wrote:not sure if its true but I read somewhere that in a lot of muslim countrys they kill dogs just because they don't like them. in some places they just lay poison down just to kill peoples dogs.
in Dagestan (Russian south, majority-muslims) some weeks ago hundreds of dogs were killed after an incident in which some stray dog ripped a kid
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat May 06, 2017 2:46 am

Very disturbing video of the meat industry.

You really chose a horrible topic to gloat about your so called superior culture.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun May 14, 2017 7:12 am

Am I the only one who thinks Islam and Judaism actually have quite a lot in common ? hmm

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 14, 2017 7:15 pm

Abrahamic religions are different branches of the same tree.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Mon May 15, 2017 10:06 pm

I would call them offshoots of the same branch.

I mean come on, the muslims saviour during Armageddon is supposed to be Jesus.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 15, 2017 11:37 pm

The Jews believe that a “Moshiach” (Messiah) will usher in a new world at the end of days, which the Torah references in Numbers 24:14: “And now, I am going to my people. Come, I will advise you … what this people will do to your people at the end of days." The Moshiach will be a learned leader who is prophetic like Moses and wiser than Solomon. The prophets Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Amos, Joel and Hosea all refer to the messianic era. Jews believe this messianic era will happen when they have proven themselves worthy through their “mitzvoh” (good deeds); therefore much of Jewish ritual and tradition center around service and giving back to community. Though the Moshiach could come at any time in any generation, the Talmud states that it will be before the Hebrew year 6000 (approximately 2239 on the Gregorian calendar) and after that, a resurrection of the dead and Day of Judgment will follow.

That's true. It won't be Jesus but they still have more or less the same idea of a messiah saving the world.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon May 15, 2017 11:39 pm

I swear to God (ironic phrase huh) we'll end up in another dark age thanks to Religion in the next century or so.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down