Freeza
Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
Great Leader Sprucenuce
zigra
25 posters

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars – Official Canon Thread. - RIP Carrie Fisher

Post by Freeza Thu May 02, 2019 11:59 pm

Peter Mayhew just passed away Sad

r.i.p

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars – Official Canon Thread. - RIP Carrie Fisher

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 03, 2019 1:41 am

Chewie Sad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 03, 2019 5:34 pm

fav character by far Sad

rip

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOC8E8z_ifw

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:57 pm

Looks great. And it looks like Disney are allowing it to push some boundaries as well. That's encouraging.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:25 pm

McLewis wrote:Looks great. And it looks like Disney are allowing it to push some boundaries as well. That's encouraging.

I damn well hope they do.

In terms of pure Star Wars lore Bounty Hunting and the environments (lower denizens of republics etc) they use to portray the story is possibly the darkest part of the universe bar the Sith as already the SW 'feel' is getting a bit tiresome and I am glad the trailer showed they strayed away from that and onto its own atmosphere.

Fantastic trailer, that being said.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:54 pm

More hyped for Ewan being back as Obi Wan tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:00 pm

More hyped Gus Fring is in there tbh
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:02 pm

Not hyped for any prequel stuff at all.

Unless we’re getting more of L3
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:02 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlnrOr2STaE

Wow, I completely forgot this is coming out this year. Just two months left.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:06 pm

That about sums up the franchise for me: Forgettable.

If I shell out 40 bucks for any reason to see this movie, it will be to see what they do with Palpatine. That's pretty much it. The rest, I just don't care much about.

I'm much more interested in more of the standalone movies in the vein of Rogue One though I didn't care for Solo (that's more down to being indifferent to the character in general though).

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:06 pm

Yea not looking forward to this at all.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:30 pm

McLewis wrote:That about sums up the franchise for me: Forgettable.

If I shell out 40 bucks for any reason to see this movie, it will be to see what they do with Palpatine. That's pretty much it.  The rest, I just don't care much about.

I'm much more interested in more of the standalone movies in the vein of Rogue One though I didn't care for Solo (that's more down to being indifferent to the character in general though).

Bruh, what theater do you go to, even IMAX 3D is like 20ish Laughing

I don't know why they are bringing back the Emperor when they could have just used Snoke. There was no hint or anything about Palpatine in the last two movies. Good trailer though, hit emotional beats and GOAT music obviously. Hope its better than TLJ. I'm more hyped for the Mandalorian TV series on Disney +. Honestly TLJ being a mess, average Solo film just six months later, average Battlefront games has killed off a lot of hype for both this and the Last Jedi game.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:09 am

Well I'd likely take my girlfriend if I do go so that's what I meant by the 40 bucks. The IMAX 3D tickets around here run us about 14 bucks a piece. Concessions is another 25-ish so I'm not too far off.

Bringing back Palpatine is such a plastic move to me. It stinks of test audience results and data mining of fan sites to gauge interest in which prequel character could generate them the most money.

Reminds me of the Toby Spiderman movies. Great movies (well the first 2 anyway), but absolute cash grabs that were full of shoe-horned characters at every turn. I can never really get behind movies like that.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:21 am

People still talk about this tripe?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:42 am

^^ I've given up mate Laughing didn't watch the last one, and I don't plan on continuing with any, unless i have nothing else to do at the time and am bored to death
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:49 am

You’re all so cool
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:02 pm

Why should we like this new trilogy though? What about it sets it apart from the OG and Prequels? I have seen nothing that does so far.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:02 pm

El Gunner wrote:^^ I've given up mate Laughing didn't watch the last one, and I don't plan on continuing with any, unless i have nothing else to do at the time and am bored to death
I don't know either, it's too many movies in too short time period, to be interested about. These movies are being made for money only, feck art. There's no original story or idea. It's developed in such a short time, that it's disposable carbage, so they can keep cranking them once a year, for B$ profit. If it was about 50/50 art and money, now it's 0/100 money. I feel like Disney is the biggest cancer of movie industry.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:48 pm

McLewis wrote:Why should we like this new trilogy though? What about it sets it apart from the OG and Prequels? I have seen nothing that does so far.

I just think all five of you have kind of proved you don’t like these new movies. There’s no need for the constant negativity surrounding them.

I have written plenty about what sets it apart, but I don’t want to repeat myself since any discussion about Star Wars immediately turns into something worse than the worst political debates.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:39 pm

Freeza wrote:
McLewis wrote:Why should we like this new trilogy though? What about it sets it apart from the OG and Prequels? I have seen nothing that does so far.

I just think all five of you have kind of proved you don’t like these new movies. There’s no need for the constant negativity surrounding them.

I have written plenty about what sets it apart, but I don’t want to repeat myself since any discussion about Star Wars immediately turns into something worse than the worst political debates.

You think this is bad? Check out r/StarWars around the tiem TLJ came out. It makes what we're saying look like nitpicks in comparison.

I take your point though. When movies are praised, they will be talked about effusively. When they are panned, this can also get talked about for prolonged periods as well. Given how high-profile this franchise is, that gets magnified significantly. It's not particularly avoidable.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:54 pm

I for one am super excited for this lol, loved TLJ. I agree the Palpatine thing has the potential to be really dumb but I'm optimistic.

I really think the hate for the new movies is massively overblown. First Star Wars movies since the OT that have a coherent story, good acting, new characters, etc. They're a trillion times better than the prequels.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:20 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmI7WKrAtqs
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:07 am

That looks excellent. Probably the biggest reason I'll be picking up Disney+ when it launches.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:17 pm

https://deadline.com/2019/10/star-wars-setback-game-of-thrones-duo-david-benioff-d-b-weiss-exit-trilogy-1202771184/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:01 pm

strange
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next