CBarca
Bellabong
Vibe
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Star Wars Episode 7 Empty Star Wars Episode 7

Post by Vibe Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:20 am

Disney just bought Lucasfilm and announced the new Star Wars movie for 2015.

I was secretly hoping for another one but I have a feeling it's gonna be shite TBH...Some commercial rubbish.

At least Lucas made 4 billion today Laughing
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episode 7 Empty Re: Star Wars Episode 7

Post by Bellabong Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:52 pm

Oh dear, it beter not be an actual episode seven - there are so many books cataloguing events after 6 that it'd be impossible to avoid tripping over the stories considered as canon by the fans.

What I want to see is a TV series based on Wedge Antilles and his Rogue and Wraith squadron adventures.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:41 pm

Definitely going to be shite.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:35 pm

as a die hard star wars fans this is sad day for me...not that i thought lucas did a good job with that saga ... the man had one good idea and just ran with it. But just when i thought it couldnt get worse lucas sold to Disney...Now some might argue that the saga is in good hands, and it is production wise, I'm afraid the essence of these movies are lost if disney tries to go for the mainstream audience.

As for the storyline of the next film there is nothing concrete. Locus himself once said that he has a story outline for 6 more movies, then he decided that he was not gonna go with it, and if the movies are gonna sequel the first 3, well the novels are already out there and i have to say, the story itself sucks

**SPOILER ** emperor resurrected *STOP READING* luke falls in love then turns to the dark side *ITS NOT TOO LATE* luke has a son...oh wait, its episode 1 all over again **SPOILER**

anyway someone from disney today said that the star wars universe offers endless possibilities with thousands of characters and a story spamming over thousands of years so there's alot of room for creativity, and that probably says alot about the direction disney is going with
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:59 pm

Well the first 3 episodes followed Anakin, the 2nd 3 episodes followed Luke, so it stands to reason that the next 3 episodes (Disney has expressed interest in doing a trilogy of their own).....will focus on Luke's progeny. Hell, it could even focus on Han and Leia's kids. Since Leia is a daughter of Anakin, she is born with a natural ability to use the Force, like Luke. This means her kids would probably have that same latent ability so the next few episodes could even focus on them, which I think would be far more interesting considering how things went for them in the books.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:49 am

that would be very interesting. Another scenario i've seen floating around is to gap between the two triologies and focus on the transformation of Anakin to Darth Vader and his love/have relationship with the emperor.

anyway, whatever story they use i hope they find a place for darth maul Mad
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:19 am

McLewis wrote:Well the first 3 episodes followed Anakin, the 2nd 3 episodes followed Luke, so it stands to reason that the next 3 episodes (Disney has expressed interest in doing a trilogy of their own).....will focus on Luke's progeny. Hell, it could even focus on Han and Leia's kids. Since Leia is a daughter of Anakin, she is born with a natural ability to use the Force, like Luke. This means her kids would probably have that same latent ability so the next few episodes could even focus on them, which I think would be far more interesting considering how things went for them in the books.

You realize that the twins Jaina & Jacen and their third child, Anakin have fully fleshed out stories and characters right? There's at least 15 books covering their lives.

Serious spoiler warning:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Phritz on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:22 am

It would be nice if they would do the Old Republic but not the New Republic.
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:24 am

The Yuuzhan Vong war would also be a good starting point but it's Disney so they might f*ck it up.
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:11 am

I welcome the news about 7th movie. If it's bad, it's bad. I don't think it takes anything away from the first films. If it's good, then it might add a nice new dimension to the franchise. If they've got good writers and combine that with the Star Wars world, who's to say nothing good will come out of it? Just because someone has written a good story xx years ago doesn't mean that a talented (group of) writer(s) cannot continue from there with satisfactory success.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:35 am

well, there are movies like Im Legend, and movies like Iron Man, and with Disney the second becomes a realistic possibility

Personally im not questioning the talent Disney can hire, matter of fact with their resources they can hire the best in the business. The problem is that Disney will be tempted to appeal to the mainstream in more ways than lucas would ever be, the worst case scenario being trying to create an Avatar clone with emphasis on the graphics and a childish story with a happy ending.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:54 am

Phritz wrote:
McLewis wrote:Well the first 3 episodes followed Anakin, the 2nd 3 episodes followed Luke, so it stands to reason that the next 3 episodes (Disney has expressed interest in doing a trilogy of their own).....will focus on Luke's progeny. Hell, it could even focus on Han and Leia's kids. Since Leia is a daughter of Anakin, she is born with a natural ability to use the Force, like Luke. This means her kids would probably have that same latent ability so the next few episodes could even focus on them, which I think would be far more interesting considering how things went for them in the books.

You realize that the twins Jaina & Jacen and their third child, Anakin have fully fleshed out stories and characters right? There's at least 15 books covering their lives.

Serious spoiler warning:
Spoiler:

Oh I'm aware of the story lines for the kids. Read a few, but nowhere near all when I was younger. I just think that this is probably the best time to visit that side of the Star Wars universe.
And it's the best possible format for a long-running TV series instead with the 3 movies leading into it, focusing on a different part or perspective of that universe.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:43 am

My bad, the way you wrote your post made it seem you were unaware of the Solo kids stories.
Yeah the story lines of the kids are more suited to a series.

The thing is, Disney will want to make a movie with the intention of attracting people familiar with the franchise and thus would involve characters from the movies, or at least have a concrete link to characters that the main stream know. Now the issue with that is these characters and their offspring as well as the new republic have been expounded upon in such detail that a movie of that era would be a retelling of the books.

This is why I agree with Zero in that the movies should be Old Republic related but then again that's been an increasingly popular time period for games >.>

Mara Jade is the most popular non-movie character so in all likelihood we'll see her or Boba Fett.

While the offspring of the Solo's and Skywalker's would be perfect in theory it would require the exposition of Mara Jade because you can't tell the mainstream that the hero of the original trilogy suddenly had a wife.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:22 am

I think the emergence of Mara Jade could happen in a variety of ways, if they went in that direction. I don't think there's necessarily one way to go about that.

I mean if we look back at sequels to movies or epilogues at the end of them, it's not uncommon to see the protagonist suddenly pop up with a spouse and/or kids. It's usually because years have past between that and the ending of the movie proper.

With something like Mara Jade's story, this wouldn't be that bad as you could even recount how her and Luke met through flashbacks. I don't think it necessarily requires a real-time explanation. So I guess it's about how its crafted and written.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:26 am

They should do an HBO and make 10 part series
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:52 pm

Star Wars Episode 7: The Rise of Mara Jade

Starring Miley Cyrus as Mara Jade - Skywalker

rofl
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:46 am

Yeah, I have my doubts, but some people have written some great stories in the Star Wars universe outside of the films. Personally, I would like them to do something in the Old Republic universe, since there are so many back-stories in there that they could easily expand upon (Knights of the Old Republic - they never even made the 3rd game and just skipped to an MMORPG after all, some story about the 'Ancient Sith' we always hear so much about, etc.) I don't know how they'd do something after Episode 6.

It'd be cool to see them take it in a somewhat darker direction though as opposed to the child-friendly prequel-type movies.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:53 am

Pirates of the Carribbean is about as dark as Disney gets lol
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:18 am

If Disney's gonna make a movie out of that franchise then they do it before John Williams dies ffs.

His compositions are just :bow:
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:28 am

Directors have been coming out of the woodwork following the revelations that George Lucas won't be helming any of these films.

Guillermo Del Toro and Joe Johnston are the latest directors to be linked.

The books following the progeny of Luke and Han are all, but ruled out at this point.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:46 am

Yeah at the point I heard Disney were doing them I realised they were going to be abysmal... I mean... Disney???
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:52 am

Ehh, Disney did well with Marvel and that fanbase eclipses Star Wars fandom by quite a bit. They've also done very well with Pixar too so I'm not overly concerned with what they'll do with Star Wars.

I mean whatever they put out can't possible be worse than Eps 1-3, right?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:32 am

Disney to make a new Star Wars film every year from 2015

The studio made the announcement at the CinemaCon festival, explaining that the films would alternate annually between the ongoing sequence of “Episodes” and a series of standalone movies.

We still haven’t had any confirmation as to which characters will be getting the spin-off treatment, although rumours have suggested that Yoda, Boba Fett and Han Solo movies are already in the works.

It’s a strikingly bold proposal from Disney, although recruitment has already begun on the screenwriting front, with Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg thought to be hard at work on the spin-offs.

Meanwhile, J.J. Abrams Star Wars: Episode VII will be the studio’s opening salvo, with that film pencilled in to open in 2015 and kick off the subsequent domino effect. Looks like we’ll have plenty to discuss over the coming months and years…
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:52 am

Star wars is over as far as I'm concerned. Anything Lucas isn't involved in is non canon to me. Won't even waste my time watching this BS
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:18 am

The Ostracised One wrote:Star wars is over as far as I'm concerned. Anything Lucas isn't involved in is non canon to me. Won't even waste my time watching this BS

rofl i agree, its gonna be another cheese fest like john carter.
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next