Freeza
Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
Great Leader Sprucenuce
zigra
25 posters

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars – Official Canon Thread. - RIP Carrie Fisher

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:54 pm

Spoiler:

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars – Official Canon Thread. - RIP Carrie Fisher

Post by rincon Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:00 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:58 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:51 pm

rincon wrote:Great movie. One of the better Star Wars film for me. It honestly makes episode 4 a LOT better imo.

I always had a major complaint that episode 4 did basically nothing to make me care about beating the empire. Luke and Han do 0 justice to their cause, with Han it makes sense, but Luke just seems like he is fighting the empire just because its something to do. It all seemed a bit weak and just adventuring for the sake of adventuring.

Surely had nothing to do with them killing his adoptive parents hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:15 pm

Obviuosly he was justified, but did you really feel it that much?

A fairly short scene where Luke just sees it and kinda just carries on. But even before that he was already on his way to fight the empire with Obi Wan. In Rogue One you get a much stronger feeling of why we should hate the empire and how mad and delicate things have gotten.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:19 pm

Should also remember that he was told they killed his father too Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:30 pm

Yes thats not point. I said obviously he is justified, the empire are the bad guys and they do all sorts of bad guy stuff.

Its the delivery and the way these news played out. In Episode 4 to me it just like an inevitable quest against an all encompassing villain. But I never felt the urgency or the emotional impact that some scenes in Rogue One had.

Some examples of what I mean
Spoiler:
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:38 pm

rincon wrote:Obviuosly he was justified, but did you really feel it that much?

A fairly short scene where Luke just sees it and kinda just carries on. But even before that he was already on his way to fight the empire with Obi Wan. In Rogue One you get a much stronger feeling of why we should hate the empire and how mad and delicate things have gotten.

The way I remember it is that Luke tried to get the droids back, then met Obi Wan who told him the lie about Vader killing his father and they watched the holocron but Luke actually decided against joining Obi Wan. He said he can take him to the city but that's it.
He only changed his mind once he saw his aunt and uncle were dead already.

I don't really know why Rogue 1 changed anything big. We've already known that the Empire is bad. We've seen the death star kill a whole *bleep* planet (Alderaan) in the old triolgy Laughing
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:46 pm

Its just an opinion. Check the spoiler tag in my other post to see the examples I had talked about. It just felt much more up and close like a war than anything Ep 4 ever did. Alderaan is a full on planet but we never really went to Alderaan at all before it got blown up iirc. It was all too superficial.

Spoiler:
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:12 pm

I think I understand where you're coming from. Don't feel that way personally (actually think Alderaan is a very powerful moment because of the way it was done) but I can understand why you'd feel otherwise.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:43 pm

CGI-man was much better in 2D. Stille bit off-putting. It would be a great effect In 2-3 years with more time to polish
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:44 am

Saw it today. Was really impressed with it.

So many little things about this movie that I liked: Alan Tudyk playing another robot, Saw getting a live-action portrayal, each planet getting named as we're introduced to them, The CGI Tarkin and Leia, The shoutout to Syndulla over the intercom at the rebel base. Mon Motha making another appearance.

Just awesome stuff. Really enjoyed this. Even enjoyed the music despite John Williams not writing the score (first time in the franchise). Michael Giacchino did well with the Star Trek score so I knew this would be in good hands though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:15 am

Are any of the SW books worth reading?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:20 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Are any of the SW books worth reading?

Lost Stars is great and an easy read. It's gives a whole different perspective on people within the Empire during the original trilogy.

Lord of The Sith and Bloodline are also good. Haven't read much else.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:23 pm

Just came from it. Still not the biggest fan, but Rogue One is the best Star Wars film I've seen.

Loved the all new cast, and Vader's two moments were more badass than anything from him in the original trilogy Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:09 am

yoooooo

Donnie Yen ffs. That blind guy was the same guy in IP man ffs. Unreal discovery
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:24 am

Exams finished yesterday so I finally got to see Halo ReachRogue One. I was blown away. Amazing film. The characters were all great. My favorite was the droid, he was GOAT rofl

Spoiler:

Last edited by M99 on Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:35 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
ES wrote:@Mole

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:02 pm

M99 wrote:Exams finished yesterday so I finally got to see Halo ReachRogue One. I was blown away. Amazing film. The characters were all great. My favorite was the droid, he was GOAT rofl

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:40 pm

Is there actually someone left who hasn't seen the movie or why do we continue with the spoiler tags? hmm

Anyway regarding the scene
Spoiler:

Oh and RG you can't be serious that you just noticed that now. WTF Laughing
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:46 pm

I'm glad Vader wasn't more in it. Would raised too many questions. Vader's role was always pretty on the down low. He's wasn't really a main man, but more of a powerful last resort.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:51 pm

Freeza wrote:I'm glad Vader wasn't more in it. Would raised too many questions. Vader's role was always pretty on the down low. He's wasn't really a main man, but more of a powerful last resort.

Not more, just different. Basically just replace a few nameless fodder guys with named fodder guys.  No need for it to be Donnie though as everyone from Rogue 1 is the same fodder to Vader.
But in the end it doesn't matter all that much. I was just a bit surprised actually that they all died yet Vader didn't kill any of them.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:05 pm

Yes I agree with that, I thought they'd go with Vader wiping out the main cast originally, would've preferred that but movie was legit regardless.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:10 pm

Wouldn't fit with his character though. Vader is basically an undercover operative for the Emperor. Wouldn't make sense to have him in open battle on the beach in broad daylight showing his powers. Especially when people are doubting his powers in episode 4
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:13 pm

Freeza wrote:Wouldn't fit with his character though. Vader is basically an undercover operative for the Emperor. Wouldn't make sense to have him in open battle on the beach in broad daylight showing his powers. Especially when people are doubting his powers in episode 4

That's why I said replace nameless fodder he killed with named fodder not teleport Vader on the planet surface and have him kill people there hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:17 pm

zigra wrote:
Freeza wrote:Wouldn't fit with his character though. Vader is basically an undercover operative for the Emperor. Wouldn't make sense to have him in open battle on the beach in broad daylight showing his powers. Especially when people are doubting his powers in episode 4

That's why I said replace nameless fodder he killed with named fodder not teleport Vader on the planet surface and have him kill people there hmm

Was more a reply to Tom and Vader killing the entire cast. Don't know how it would've made sense to make him kill someone from the main cast. The point was to show prime Vader against fodder etc. I think killing a main character from the movie in such a scene would've taken away from Vader or the emotion of a death for a character.

Just imagine if we got prequels with this kind of Vader.

His pun though rofl
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next