Telecast in India?

+3
bazinga
messixaviesta
shadeslayer
7 posters

Go down

Telecast in India? Empty Telecast in India?

Post by shadeslayer Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:00 am

Anybody has any idea about which channel La Liga and CL will be shown in India?

I'm shifting to Hyderabad for college so I need to know.
shadeslayer
shadeslayer
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Telecast in India? Empty Re: Telecast in India?

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:25 am

I think it will be 'Ten Action' like last time. Part of UCL on 'Ten Sports' as well.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by shadeslayer Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:53 am

Thanks for the reply! And both will be on Ten Action/Sports?
shadeslayer
shadeslayer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:26 pm

Umm, no...

It will be ESPN and Star Sports this year.

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2011-06-21/news/29683673_1_espn-star-sports-secures-la-liga

Coinciding with the launch of ESPN HD no less Very Happy
bazinga
bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by shadeslayer Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:42 pm

Thanks Bazinga! That's even better, those 2 channels are everywhere.
shadeslayer
shadeslayer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:42 pm

Good point bazinga but there is a confusion here. In the article it says it will be from 2012-13 season. What about the 2011-12 season? Also who holds the rights for UCL?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:46 pm

so ten action is only gonna telecast ucl ??

thats bad.. Sad ..it is the first exclusive football channel in india btw..

but atleast they shud make serie a telecast exclusive..some of serie a matches have been telecasted on neo sports as well so i hope ten network acquires the full rights to telecast serie a in india..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:51 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
but atleast they shud make serie a telecast exclusive..some of serie a matches have been telecasted on neo sports as well so i hope ten network acquires the full rights to telecast serie a in india..

Very good point.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:37 pm

ten action plus ... but the idiots show man city tv, chelsea tv ,pool tv etc rather than madrid or barca tv which they show on very odd times,, to early on working days or late at night Neutral
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:38 pm

bazinga wrote:Umm, no...

It will be ESPN and Star Sports this year.

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2011-06-21/news/29683673_1_espn-star-sports-secures-la-liga

Coinciding with the launch of ESPN HD no less Very Happy

but thats for 2012-13 season and 14-15 season.. not 11-12 or 13-14.. those will be covered by ten action>??weird system this
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:45 pm

diptiman wrote:ten action plus ... but the idiots show man city tv, chelsea tv ,pool tv etc rather than madrid or barca tv which they show on very odd times,, to early on working days or late at night Neutral

there's even bayern munich tv which i think is aired on teusdays..

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:19 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
diptiman wrote:ten action plus ... but the idiots show man city tv, chelsea tv ,pool tv etc rather than madrid or barca tv which they show on very odd times,, to early on working days or late at night Neutral

there's even bayern munich tv which i think is aired on teusdays..

yeahh i know but frakking madrid tv comes on thu mornings at 8? wtf.. same with barca tv.. when they have nothing better to show theyll put up a half n hour reel of messi in the 09 and 10 season and call it 'barca tv'
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:50 pm

great oppurtunity to telecast live pre-season friendlies on ten action..but they chose not too..

i mean they are telecasting tour de france..no offense ..it is one of the elite sporting tournaments in the world..but if ten network cares about viewership they should have given it a thought..
i mean ,the audi cup with glamourous teams like barca ,milan etc..would be more interesting and exciting to watch than say the tour de france..

tour de france should have been shown on ten sports since there are no "significant" live sporting events currently..

ten action is not an exclusive football channel afterall and i'm quite dissapointed..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sagnik92 Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:38 pm

this year its on ten action since they are showing ads.
from next season its going to be espn star again.

ucl/europa will be shown on ten action,ten sports combined as always
sagnik92
sagnik92
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sagnik92 Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:40 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:great oppurtunity to telecast live pre-season friendlies on ten action..but they chose not too..

i mean they are telecasting tour de france..no offense ..it is one of the elite sporting tournaments in the world..but if ten network cares about viewership they should have given it a thought..
i mean ,the audi cup with glamourous teams like barca ,milan etc..would be more interesting and exciting to watch than say the tour de france..

tour de france should have been shown on ten sports since there are no "significant" live sporting events currently..

ten action is not an exclusive football channel afterall and i'm quite dissapointed..

exactly and they are going to be worse when they wont have la liga from next season.

they just show la liga ,ucl,europa,some serie a matches and call themselves a complete football channel.
its disappointing that they dont show int friendlies/major int tournaments/club friendlies
sagnik92
sagnik92
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:13 pm

sagnik92 wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:great oppurtunity to telecast live pre-season friendlies on ten action..but they chose not too..

exactly and they are going to be worse when they wont have la liga from next season.

they just show la liga ,ucl,europa,some serie a matches and call themselves a complete football channel.
its disappointing that they dont show int friendlies/major int tournaments/club friendlies

the audi cup for instance makes for great viewing since it involves some of the most decorated clubs in the world..

IMO Ten Action would keep its popularity if they focussed solely on football related events..

i mean what is ten sports there for ??tour de france ,golf events etc could always be shown there..

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:02 pm

sagnik92 wrote:

I still thank them for ensuring that we are not bereft of La Liga and who knows UCL. In fact I am quite disappointed that ESPN won back the La Liga rights. Those guys had disrespected La Liga and if it were up to me they would never get to telecast that again.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sagnik92 Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:15 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
sagnik92 wrote:

I still thank them for ensuring that we are not bereft of La Liga and who knows UCL. In fact I am quite disappointed that ESPN won back the La Liga rights. Those guys had disrespected La Liga and if it were up to me they would never get to telecast that again.

it was quite painful to follow la liga on star sports.there was no promotion and half the time i didnt know which match they were going to show.

sagnik92
sagnik92
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:16 pm

Agreed,ESPN is a joke,they screwed up our 2009-2010 season by screwing up contract and chosed not to telecast it in india.

I had my hopes about Ten Action but those prick ESPN won it back again,pissed.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:18 pm

La liga on star sports lol the good old days,some day they will show it ,if you are lucky.

I still remember ,they only telecasted madrid title winning final match in 2006 from Half time onwards.Which other countries football fans have been disrespected this much?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:09 am

Adit wrote:La liga on star sports lol the good old days,some day they will show it ,if you are lucky.

I still remember ,they only telecasted madrid title winning final match in 2006 from Half time onwards.Which other countries football fans have been disrespected this much?

Very good point. They used to treat 'Final Score' and repeat telecasts of EPL matches as more important than live La Liga matches. I still remember that in the 2008-09 season usually I used to start watching a Barcelona match by the time it was effectively over since our team in those days rarely scored less than three goals in the first half. It's sickening that those swines have won this contract again. The people who give these contracts are only bothered about money. I doubt they would have even questioned them once about how poorly they had handled the execution of the contract last time. Mad Ten Action may not have done an extraordinary job but they have been at least ten times better than ESPN-Star.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:47 pm

everyone who criticized espn star sports handling of la liga rights deserves a big thumbs up.. and plus rep.. it was disgraceful they way they treated la liga.. not showing matches properly.. not giving enough priority to la liga matches.. jsut encouraging more premfaces.. ten action is quite good in that regard.. though the pundits keep abusing other leagues specially la liga in la liga show itself - like that idiot presenter will ask budgie , carlton - valencia are doing quite well dont u agree .. those guys - well yeah they are ,but you gotta remember its not a great league.. its not the epl blah blah Mad
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down