sportsczy
Adit
rincon
Firenze
S
37 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

James Rodriguez transfer speculation  Empty James Rodriguez transfer speculation

Post by S Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:12 pm

With Madrid's ban reduced, this pretty much spells the end James's Madrid career. He himself has hinted that he wants to leave and it's most likely going to happen in the summer or maybe even in the upcoming window, you never know.

Despite an unsuccessful stint, he's still a hugely talented player who could be useful for a no.of teams. Having said that, I am still trying to figure out which big team would he be a good fit for. United and Chelsea are the two teams most heavily linked with him and imo he'd be a luxury player for both teams who don't exactly require a 10. What do you think ? Which team would be the best fit for him ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

James Rodriguez transfer speculation  Empty Re: James Rodriguez transfer speculation

Post by Firenze Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:14 pm

thought maybe PSG but with the Draxler rumours don't think so now

maybe Juve if there's a loan option

don't think any other team has a need for him, Chelsea always possible though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

James Rodriguez transfer speculation  Empty Re: James Rodriguez transfer speculation

Post by rincon Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:16 pm

Juve if we commit to the 4-3-1-2.

Make him the main AM and have Pjanic sub for him and play RCM as needed. If we don't commit to it or want to give Pjanic the main role then not Juve.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:17 pm

He should be set free. He is not even third sub during an injury crisis, there is no need of him in Madrid.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:23 pm

rincon wrote:Juve if we commit to the 4-3-1-2.

Make him the main AM and have Pjanic sub for him and play RCM as needed. If we don't commit to it or want to give Pjanic the main role then not Juve.

I'd probably faint if I ever see an offense heavy formation with Pjanić and James along with Dybala-Higuaín ESPECIALLY under Allegri. He'd never let his conservative instincts go.

Tbf though , even I don't exactly endorse this idea because what we need is more muscle in midfield.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:26 pm

I didn't mean Pjanic as a starting RCM, I said he could play there as needed. But there is not tragedy there either. James behind Dybala and Higuain. Marchisio at the back and 2 mezzalas (who these may be depends on our market and plans, Witsel and Khedira/Stu?). Not more offensive than our current setup, just better.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:33 pm

rincon wrote:I didn't mean Pjanic as a starting RCM, I said he could play there as needed. But there is not tragedy there either. James behind Dybala and Higuain. Marchisio at the back and 2 mezzalas (who these may be depends on our market and plans, Witsel and Khedira?). Not more offensive than our current setup, just better.

If you mean Pjanić takes the sub role, then I disagree. We dint bring him to take a sub role. Unless he flops badly, Pjanić when fit is going to be an automatic starter which is what brings me to the point that James in my opinion would be a luxury for Juventus as well despite how good he is. Not to mention we play a 3 cb formation regularly.

At this point, I can't make a strong case for ditching our main formation just to fit James in. Once our injured CB's return, we'll go back to playing 3-5-2 again. Heck even the Caldara signing even if he's to arrive in 2018 is pointing towards that direction that it will remain our main formation.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:41 pm

James would definitely be a luxury, it doesn't need to happen. One hell of a luxury though, and better than Pjanic. Not a priority and wouldn't mind it either way. Just an idea. If Pjanic wasn't here then I would be all about it though.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:49 pm

Exactly. And I don't think we'd ditch Pjanić so early just to go after a better player which is my point. And it also doesn't make sense for United for example to ditch Mkhitaryan or Mata for a more 'talented' player even if either of them are doing alright or for Chelsea to change their whole system for him.

His talent is undeniable but he's barely playing so he would be a seen as a gamble for teams who have settled systems with players performing. This is why I'm having a hard time figuring out which team will best suit him
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:43 pm

Real Madrid don't make moves in the winter unless there's an injury emergency. I highly doubt he gets moved before the summer.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:55 pm

Don't know where you are getting this more talented player!!

He had a good tournament, 5 or 6 games and had some moments of greatest in his first season at Madrid, but on the whole that first season was good not great. Since then he has been awful plus there are basic skill deficiencies that it seems noone is catching on to these. He has difficulty in tight spaces, can't receive the ball very well, can't make a one touch play, can't dribble. He does have skill, but I don't agree that he is an upgrade over the various players you have listed. Granted Madrid aren't using him at his preferred spot, but why do think other teams will be accommodating, for instance United (even Mata doesn't play his preferred role). There is a reason, why he is behind Isco, Lucas, Asensio and even Odegaard in the pecking order. We obviously don't get to see what he is like in practice nor do we know if the rumours of enjoying the Madrid night life are true, however his on the field performances do nothing to move him up in the pecking order.

However, as we have said in other threads and as Sports said here, he won't be moved in January.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:23 pm

Lmao James did more in a Madrid shirt than isco could ever dreamed about, and got screwed over cause isco is some golden boy in spain and to the media, constantly have to be given chances even though he literally offers nothing at all, at least James bring creativity and goals, than silly dribbles that lead to nothing, this whole thing is such a joke that acceptable because of the team winning record, acting like isco has done anything to get chances ahead of James Laughing.

Anyway when he does leaves won't be a flop in my book, just a player who got short changed for a lesser player(s).

Any team that uses am/ss would be perfect for him, I bet James has a 20 goals-20 assist season as full-time starter wherever he goes.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:47 am

:facepalm:
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:00 am

When in doubt sports, Chad blames Isco. It's always iscos fault.

I don't know why people just assume James is this world class player being oppressed by zidane. Fact is there's areas in his game where he isn't good enough. Yes, he does have fantastic set piece ability and excellent shooting as well as a great final ball. But his dribbling and touch under pressure are very poor. Works hard but his defensive game sucks.

He reminds me of cesc. And I really feel cesc is better then James.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckAndWin Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:46 am

According to his agent, James won't go anywhere but stay at Real Madrid. Hopes he gets the treatment he needs to improve well.
LuckAndWin
LuckAndWin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:28 pm

we still don't play with a number 10, so it's really up to him if he can be versatile.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:37 pm

Isco did way more in madrid than James, we went to war with him multiple times and he delivered.

For a football expert such as yourself Chadito, you should be ashamed to make such laughable post.

Isco delivered a masterclass vs Atletico this season, what has James done all season?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:14 pm

When chad doesnt talk about benzema he comes up with this rofl
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:26 pm

James Rodriguez transfer speculation  1gmtlf10

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:51 am

rofl I'm dead
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:38 pm

Hames has a bit of a problem. ISco seems to be playing much better than him and I'm not sure what he can do to regain his starting berth. Also with everyone fit we know he is not in Zidane's first XI. I also can't think of any top club that requires him. They would have to change their systems.

Only big team that I think that he could slide into atm is PSG.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:16 pm

jibers wrote:Hames has a bit of a problem. ISco seems to be playing much better than him and I'm not sure what he can do to regain his starting berth. Also with everyone fit we know he is not in Zidane's first XI. I also can't think of any top club that requires him. They would have to change their systems.

Only big team that I think that he could slide into atm is PSG.

The death of No 10 is complete.

Never thought I will see a day when a player of James caliber can't get a club because No 10 no longer exist.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:36 pm

I have to respectfully disagree with the assessment of James. He never played the 10 at Porto or Monaco. At Monaco, it was a 433 where the midfield was Toulalan-Kondogbia-Moutinho and the attack was Carrasco/Ocampos on the left, Falcao as the CF and James on the right (he had freedom to cut in).

The problem at Madrid is that we play a 2 striker system and the other forward is needed to create width. You already have Modric and Kroos in the middle to set things up. Ronaldo and Benzema aren't pure 9s who sit in the box so they tend to start lower.

It's a personnel issue for James at Madrid and how he fits around the stars ahead of him. All he needs is a club that allow him the space to play his game.

Nothing to do with being a 10 or not. The modern 10 is a winger.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:50 pm

sportsczy wrote:I have to respectfully disagree with the assessment of James. He never played the 10 at Porto or Monaco. At Monaco, it was a 433 where the midfield was Toulalan-Kondogbia-Moutinho and the attack was Carrasco/Ocampos on the left, Falcao as the CF and James on the right (he had freedom to cut in).

The problem at Madrid is that we play a 2 striker system and the other forward is needed to create width. You already have Modric and Kroos in the middle to set things up. Ronaldo and Benzema aren't pure 9s who sit in the box so they tend to start lower.

It's a personnel issue for James at Madrid and how he fits around the stars ahead of him. All he needs is a club that allow him the space to play his game.

Nothing to do with being a 10 or not. The modern 10 is a winger.

Ranieri sometimes played a 4312 with Hames playing behind Germain and Rivere from what I remember in a few games but I get your point.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:52 pm

As I posted before, in Colombia he also broke through playing on the right.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next