BarrileteCosmico
McAgger
M99
Freeza
RealGunner
41 posters

Page 35 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Go down

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread

Post by M99 Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:20 pm

RealGunner wrote:
El Gunner wrote:episode 6 is the best of the series... the last 3 episodes were not bad, just a bit underwhelming imo as you would expect from a mainstream show dealing with such important life and death matters, and social class issues

Just seen ep 6

jesus man. What an ep.

Spoiler:

RealGunner wrote:Finished it.

Great show. The twists were predictable but overall it was fantastic.

Spoiler:

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:29 pm

M99 wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
El Gunner wrote:episode 6 is the best of the series... the last 3 episodes were not bad, just a bit underwhelming imo as you would expect from a mainstream show dealing with such important life and death matters, and social class issues

Just seen ep 6

jesus man. What an ep.

Spoiler:

RealGunner wrote:Finished it.

Great show. The twists were predictable but overall it was fantastic.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:02 am

Myesyats wrote:Haunting of hill house was great
Bly manor was trash imo, nice setting but much worse than hill house, not sure how they managed to fuck it up so badly
Yet to see midnight mass

I consider Hill House to be the best Netflix original, every episode is high quality, full of scare, great characters, and maybe one of my favorite twists in TV the bent neck lady.

Bly Manor is a 7/10 for me, it is average not good and a let down.

Midnight Mass on the other hand the biggest issue it takes a long time to get to the crux of the show, and reveals too little and details of the characters. In House Hill what it did very well was to get viewers attached and care for the characters, in Midnight Mass I came away not caring.

Mike Flanagan is already working on the next show for Netflix, he needs to follow the template of his first show, rather than another disappointing work.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:24 am

Myesyats wrote:anyone seen Goliath? I love Billy bob thornton but have mixed feelings about the premise

bump
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:46 am

Blue wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Haunting of hill house was great
Bly manor was trash imo, nice setting but much worse than hill house, not sure how they managed to fuck it up so badly
Yet to see midnight mass

I consider Hill House to be the best Netflix original, every episode is high quality, full of scare, great characters, and maybe one of my favorite twists in TV the bent neck lady.

Bly Manor is a 7/10 for me, it is average not good and a let down.

Midnight Mass on the other hand the biggest issue it takes a long time to get to the crux of the show, and reveals too little and details of the characters. In House Hill what it did very well was to get viewers attached and care for the characters, in Midnight Mass I came away not caring.

Mike Flanagan is already working on the next show for Netflix, he needs to follow the template of his first show, rather than another disappointing work.

I try to be more careful lately with deeming any shows as "the best". Dark and Ozark are pretty good too as far as netflix originals go. But i agree Hill House is very artistically pleasing and the way it was shot is quite amazing and sets it apart from many other shows.

"You" 3rd season premieres in 2 days btw I'm so excited. Its so good even though it seems corny at first glance.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:11 am

Squid game, watched it all... its good, but definitely so overrated? Maybe many r young n havent seen the likes of Battle Royal b4? Razz Good ideas, settings, n some characters, they also add in various things to spice it up, but it was also dragged out n with so many plotholes. Also can understand since its a refreshing kind of show. Anyway, still thought it would be better considering all the hype n stuff...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:53 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Squid game, watched it all... its good, but definitely so overrated? Maybe many r young n havent seen the likes of Battle Royal b4? Razz Good ideas, settings, n some characters, they also add in various things to spice it up, but it was also dragged out n with so many plotholes. Also can understand since its a refreshing kind of show. Anyway, still thought it would be better considering all the hype n stuff...

Just a matter of opinion and taste. What you really value high quality show.

I honestly have strong takes on Ozark. I personally found it dull, uncreative, and boring. It is basically a poor version of Breaking Bad and Dexter. It uses the same element of hidden identity, antihero, family, etc. same way I felt about The Americans, it is the same shit.

I have tried so many times to watch non English shows like Dark I just can’t. The dialogue and linguistic part is huge part of my enjoyment.

Like i said every ones has their own taste and to each their own.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:54 pm

You can try watching these shows dubbed.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:39 pm

RealGunner wrote:You can try watching these shows dubbed.

That is even worse, you lose even more contexts. It maybe due to being an American, that I can’t get over this hurdle.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:47 pm

i don't mind dubs for animes and asian stuff with comedic elements... their comedy acting and animations has an exaggerated element to it anyway that the dubbing fits it most of the time... or maybe that's just growing up on DigiMon and Beyblade dubs that makes me feel that way lol

i watched Squid Games dubbed, and currently doing the same with Alice in Borderland
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:43 pm

Blue wrote:
I have tried so many times to watch non English shows like Dark I just can’t. The dialogue and linguistic part is huge part of my enjoyment.

Dark is a GOAT tier show. You're missing out!!!!

The crazy part is we're polar opposites. You don't watch non English shows and I don't watch shows in my native language AT ALL Laughing

The part that is even funnier is that none of these languages is native to me but I watched Dark with original German dialogue + English subtitles Laughing That's a double negative for you?!

I not only don't want to watch shows in my own lingo but I actually dislike it. There's some polish original on netflix called 1983, I never seen that. Its a no from me.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:01 pm

did you guys not have any local Polish tv networks and productions when growing up?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:05 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Blue wrote:

Dark is a GOAT tier show. You're missing out!!!!

The crazy part is we're polar opposites. You don't watch non English shows and I don't watch shows in my native language AT ALL Laughing

The part that is even funnier is that none of these languages is native to me but I watched Dark with original German dialogue + English subtitles Laughing That's a double negative for you?!

I not only don't want to watch shows in my own lingo but I actually dislike it. There's some polish original on netflix called 1983, I never seen that. Its a no from me.

Wow I agree about everything from beginning to the end, same for me , you seem my alter ego Laughing
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:24 pm

El Gunner wrote:did you guys not have any local Polish tv networks and productions when growing up?

We did, of course. I like some of the old school stuff.

What I meant is that now that I have a choice and I only watch shows via internet, not cable tv, I choose not to watch anything in Polish. Even though some of these series/movies aren't that bad. I just don't like it. It's hard to explain but I see Robes gets it!

My favorite shows are in English, of course, because that's where most of the top tier production happens. But I will watch anything in German, Dutch, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish - Germanic languages basically. I guess I would enjoy Afrikaans too if you follow that thread.

I have issues with Spanish. It annoys me as well. Japanese/Korean is tough aswell.

Maybe it's weird as a Slav but germanic languages are my go-to. After all English is a germanic too.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:25 pm

Robespierre wrote:Wow I agree about everything from beginning to the end, same for me , you seem my alter ego Laughing

Bruder from another mutter!!
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:30 pm

Other
Myesyats wrote:

I have issues with Spanish. It annoys me as well. Japanese/Korean is tough aswell.

Maybe it's weird as a Slav but germanic languages are my go-to. After all English is a germanic too.

Another thing in common :bow:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:35 pm

That's a no brainer... The european Roman trio for me is:

France- royal
Italy- true Latin
Spain- retarded drunken brother
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:43 pm

Maybe it is a cultural thing, because I love Narcos. Which is mostly in Spanish, but shows like Money Heist just didn’t do it for me. Way too dramatic and characters annoyed me.

I have also watched plenty of anime in subbed, prefer it over dubbed. Well not the ones that was mainstream like Dragon Ball, too late to switch over if you get accustomed to it.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:52 pm

South Africa has some really nice Afrikaans series, including "soapies" which i have watched with my family most of my life when im with them. Their movies, in all languages, still could do with a lot of catching up though.

Namibia's overall arts and culture scene is so dead though, so far behind it's actually sad and disheartening for any true artists who have a lot of dreams of making it relatively big that will just never come to fruition. A lot of it probably has to do with the overall population size and what the country geologically offers (tourism, mining and agriculture), but i still feel like the Ministry of Arts and Culture could do a lot more grassroots work and proper funding and marketing.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:02 pm

Blue wrote:Maybe it is a cultural thing, because I love Narcos. Which is mostly in Spanish, but shows like Money Heist just didn’t do it for me. Way too dramatic and characters annoyed me.

I have also watched plenty of anime in subbed, prefer it over dubbed. Well not the ones that was mainstream like Dragon Ball, too late to switch over if you get accustomed to it.

Yeah it could be the cultural differences. You should def give Dark a try though because it's really amazing, a big miss honestly.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:13 pm

What does GL think of Chapelle's new special? hmm personally loved it but reviews are extremely negative Laughing

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:16 pm

Watched half of it and found it really boring. I think the negative reviews are for the bits they found offensive but i honestly didn't find the content itself that funny. Most of it is repeated.

He is kinda stale now but still better than most though.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:39 pm

RealGunner wrote:Watched half of it and found it really boring. I think the negative reviews are for the bits they found offensive but i honestly didn't find the content itself that funny. Most of it is repeated.

He is kinda stale now but still better than most though.

Agreed. I am just a blind Chappelle fan so my first instinct is to like whatever he does lol. But even I kinda had feeling while watching that it was "I am not a racist because I have a black freind" narrative.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:20 pm

It's more of a heart to heart or a talkshow than stand up comedy. He is just ranting about why people want him cancelled and he is defending himself. I don't think there is anything offensive in his content though and a lot of what he says is right.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:51 pm

it was good, i enjoyed it... most stand-up these days are just comedians going up against the notion of cancel culture anyway
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:40 pm

I can't remember seeing worse acting/dialogue than the shit they served up in the latter episodes of Squid Game. Holy shit was it bad. It takes you right out of the story.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next