BarrileteCosmico
McAgger
M99
Freeza
RealGunner
41 posters

Page 30 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 38  Next

Go down

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 30 Empty Re: The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread

Post by Warrior Fri 10 Jul - 12:52:24

Alex Rider :bow:

A forgotten memory from age 9-13 or something (great period of life imo) it's always welcomed

Big fan of the books, the movie was a disgrace

Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 30 Empty Re: The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread

Post by RealGunner Fri 10 Jul - 18:33:04

believe it or not the movie is better than this TV show

Horowitz is still dragging the series btw. Thought it finished with the end of Scorpia but he is milking it further.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri 10 Jul - 21:56:07

Tales from the loop is a decent show on Prime, if you are into scifi and exploration of themes this may pique your interest.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon 20 Jul - 22:49:52

Watched Warrior Nun and Cursed, both from Netflix.

Both are mediocre, but watchable. The latter is interesting as its source material is an alternate take on the legend of the Lady of the Lake and serves as something of a prequel to the legend of King Arthur.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon 27 Jul - 2:09:18

3 episodes into Giri/Haji (a yazuka in London show) and holy fuck I'm blown away. Never expected to like a police show this much. Absolute sleeper. Hope the remaining 5 episodes stay this strong.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon 27 Jul - 10:46:06

heard only very good things about it so seems like it will
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 27 Jul - 18:11:23

BarrileteCosmico wrote:3 episodes into Giri/Haji (a yazuka in London show) and holy fuck I'm blown away. Never expected to like a police show this much. Absolute sleeper. Hope the remaining 5 episodes stay this strong.

Been constantly in the top 10 most watched in UK netflix. Thought it might be generic but will give it a go for sure
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 28 Jul - 18:33:26

Anything really high level come out recently worth watching?

The last two shows that fit this description I finished were Better Call Saul S5 and Mr. Robot final season. Looking for something in that level.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 28 Jul - 18:40:42

Succession is getting great reviews but it isn't thriller.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue 28 Jul - 18:43:01

Don't call me James wrote:Anything really high level come out recently worth watching?

The last two shows that fit this description I finished were Better Call Saul S5 and Mr. Robot final season. Looking for something in that level.

You tried Ozark?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 28 Jul - 19:20:09

McLewis wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:Anything really high level come out recently worth watching?

You tried Ozark?

I did watch Season 1 when it came out in 2017, thought it was like a poor man's BB. Didn't really love it to continue with the following seasons. Does it get better?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue 28 Jul - 19:28:17

Don't call me James wrote:
McLewis wrote:

You tried Ozark?

I did watch Season 1 when it came out in 2017, thought it was like a poor man's BB. Didn't really love it to continue with the following seasons. Does it get better?

Much better. And that's with me thinking Season 1 was already quite solid.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue 28 Jul - 21:14:26

I can vouch for Ozark aswell. Gets better with time, will not disappoint you

Also watch Dark if you haven't seen it yet. Another one I heard is quite good would be "The 100", some post apo stuff, but I'm yet to see it
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue 28 Jul - 21:57:55

First few seasons of The 100 are very watchable. Then it just dissolves into mediocrity. Current season is just average.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 28 Jul - 22:04:46

Ah the classic CW
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 28 Jul - 22:17:40

Bojack Horseman, Dark and Good Place had fantastic final seasons.

Watchmen was a great miniseries too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue 28 Jul - 22:48:16

Similar to Community, i could only last 3 to 4 episodes with The Good Place. Seems like im done with human sitcoms, i only like my comedy serials as animations these days.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 28 Jul - 22:59:27

Didn't like The good place either. Not my type. Gave it a season but it barely made me laugh.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue 28 Jul - 23:43:09

The Good Place truly found its feet mid 2nd season for me. By the 3rd, it was top notch.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri 31 Jul - 15:23:38

Anyone else fond of Kingdom? For me, its the best Netflix show I have watched so far (Liked it better than Dark tbh). Just brilliant. Koreans know how to make a zombie story for sure. :bow: Also has a GoT vibe to it. Disappointing its not getting attention as it deserves especially when you see people going crazy for overrated crap like Money Heist.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 31 Jul - 15:54:29

BarrileteCosmico wrote:3 episodes into Giri/Haji (a yazuka in London show) and holy fuck I'm blown away. Never expected to like a police show this much. Absolute sleeper. Hope the remaining 5 episodes stay this strong.

Hapless_Hans wrote:heard only very good things about it so seems like it will

3 episodes further in and I'd say that it has dropped off significantly mid-season. We'll see how it finishes, but these last 2 episodes I've watched were the weakest by far.

Edit: finished OK. Not as good as I thought it would be, but worth a shot if it sounds interesting to you.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Sat 5 Sep - 1:40:17; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 31 Jul - 16:24:25

Glory wrote:Anyone else fond of Kingdom? For me, its the best Netflix show I have watched so far (Liked it better than Dark tbh). Just brilliant. Koreans know how to make a zombie story for sure. :bow: Also has a GoT vibe to it. Disappointing its not getting attention as it deserves especially when you see people going crazy for overrated crap like Money Heist.

Elite tier show
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu 13 Aug - 0:35:33

An open letter to Avatar: The Last Airbender fans:

Many of you have been asking me for updates about the Avatar live-action Netflix series. I can finally tell you that I am no longer involved with the project. In June of this year, after two years of development work, Bryan Konietzko and I made the difficult decision to leave the production.

When Bryan and I signed on to the project in 2018, we were hired as executive producers and showrunners. In a joint announcement for the series, Netflix said that it was committed to honoring our vision for this retelling and to supporting us on creating the series. And we expressed how excited we were for the opportunity to be at the helm. Unfortunately, things did not go as we had hoped.

Look, things happen. Productions are challenging. Unforeseen events arise. Plans have to change. And when those things have happened at other points during my career, I try to be like an Air Nomad and adapt. I do my best to go with the flow, no matter what obstacle is put in my way. But even an Air Nomad knows when it’s time to cut their losses and move on.

I started to reevaluate what is truly important in my life and what I wanted to do with what’s left of it. I took some advice from Uncle Iroh. I looked inward and started asking myself the big question: “Who are you and what do you want?”

I also sought wisdom from Stoic philosophers who were big on differentiating between what is within our control and what isn’t. I realized I couldn’t control the creative direction of the series, but I could control how I responded. So, I chose to leave the project. It was the hardest professional decision I've ever had to make, and certainly not one that I took lightly, but it was necessary for my happiness and creative integrity.

And who knows? Netflix’s live-action adaptation of Avatar has the potential to be good. It might turn out to be a show many of you end up enjoying. But what I can be certain about is that whatever version ends up on-screen, it will not be what Bryan and I had envisioned or intended to make.

I also want to be clear that this doesn't mean the end of my involvement in the Avatar universe. These stories and characters are important to me and the renewed interest and excitement in Avatar and Korra has been inspiring to see.

Writing this letter has left me with a very heavy heart. I know many of you will be disappointed and frustrated by this news. I get it. I share your disappointment and frustration. I also recognize this creative setback is small compared to the problems we’re all facing as a society right now.

Thankfully, Iroh offered some wisdom for that, too: “Sometimes life is like this dark tunnel. You can’t always see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if you just keep moving you will come to a better place.”

May we all keep moving and come to a better place.

Thanks for reading and for your continued enthusiasm for the Avatar universe.

With gratitude,

Michael Dante DiMartino

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 30 Ptm50hd2klg51

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 30 5dl9mkd2klg51

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 30 Cma9bod2klg51

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 30 Yo3e8hd2klg51

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 30 U94qwjd2klg51

Netflix wrote:We have complete respect and admiration for Michael and Bryan and the story that they created in the Avatar animated series. Although they have chosen to depart the live action project, we are confident in the creative team and their adaptation.

Very encouraging signs.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat 5 Sep - 1:39:12

The Boyz season 2 is out, anyone watching?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat 5 Sep - 2:10:09

yep, decent so far
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat 5 Sep - 3:19:45

Only releasing an episode a week, WEAK. See you in 2 months.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 38  Next