BarrileteCosmico
McAgger
M99
Freeza
RealGunner
41 posters

Page 27 of 38 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 38  Next

Go down

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 27 Empty Re: The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 17, 2020 3:47 am

Freeza wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Been watching The Office UK here n there.

Never ever seen a cringe comedy like this in my life.

Hello Ladies is pretty cringe too. Stephen Merchant in general is the king of cringe
Hello Ladies I couldn't actually bear to watch through, too cringey lmao.
I made multiple attempts to continue as it's really good but it was to unpleasant

Guess it depends what stuff the viewer themselves has a capacity of being deeply ashamed about. Hello Ladies resonated with me Laughing

btw, tried to watch some Netflix stuff for simple entertainment yesterday, Into The Night. Netflix original productions really are THE WORST. Exceptions proving the rule.
Some of the stuff they put out is just so shockingly poor. It's like they give every clown out of a film school money for the first idea they wrote on a paper.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 27 Empty Re: The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread

Post by Freeza Sun May 17, 2020 4:35 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Hello Ladies is pretty cringe too. Stephen Merchant in general is the king of cringe
Hello Ladies I couldn't actually bear to watch through, too cringey lmao.
I made multiple attempts to continue as it's really good but it was to unpleasant

Guess it depends what stuff the viewer themselves has a capacity of being deeply ashamed about. Hello Ladies resonated with me Laughing

btw, tried to watch some Netflix stuff for simple entertainment yesterday, Into The Night. Netflix original productions really are THE WORST. Exceptions proving the rule.
Some of the stuff they put out is just so shockingly poor. It's like they give every clown out of a film school money for the first idea they wrote on a paper.

On average I really don't think they're worse than any other media-conglomerate out there.

We're all just so much on Netflix that we're easily exposed to the shit they make than others.

Life the Lifetime channel makes some of the shittiest movies for white women without taste. They are owned by Disney. Netflix is only different in the way all their different movies for various demos are all in the same place. Quality-wise it's about the same.

What I love about Netflix is that they give so many projects to first time film makers. Giving them a budget and letting them work is the only way to improve. I'm all for that.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun May 17, 2020 5:25 pm

my grandad loves lifetime movies hahaha,
ngl some of them can actually get very dramatic and hook you in once you take off your critical hat and sink into the movie Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun May 17, 2020 5:27 pm

El Gunner wrote:my grandad loves lifetime movies hahaha,
ngl some of them can actually get very dramatic and hook you in once you take off your critical hat and sink into the movie Laughing

Oh I don't mind that kind of content. I love watching trash entertainment Laughing

I grew up watching Days of Our Lives every weekend my entire childhood. Absolute mental show. Terrible but thoroughly enjoyable.

Point merely was that every single media production company makes unlimited amounts of trash. It's so hard to make genuinely good art.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun May 17, 2020 6:26 pm

McLewis wrote:Binged Ozark S3 today.

Final 3 episodes were fucking bonkers. What a season.

I wasnt sold on Ben from the beginning but his acting as a mental health patient was incredible. Season 3 was indeed bonkers.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 18, 2020 9:00 pm

jfc

he manages to outdo himself with each episode. Gervais is a genius.

The end of 'party' episode ffs
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue May 19, 2020 1:58 pm

Tried Last Kingdom pilot today and didnt like it. Feels just like Vikings but with not as cool characters. Its got great ratings but it literally feels like watching the exact same thing. I don't get the appeal so far unless one hasn't seen the original vikings show, granted i'm just 1 ep in
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue May 19, 2020 2:06 pm

So I know "it gets better" is rather cliche at this point, but for this show, that's about all I can tell you. It does get better.

I don't really remember the pilot, but I do remember it as being a little flat and too close to Vikings, but overall ok. It's a bit of a jarring shift as the style is a bit different. The show does eventually grow into its skin so to speak. I began to see that mid-1st season, but it really finds it feet near the end of it.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue May 19, 2020 2:13 pm

Vikings pilot was awesome, all those crows circling around Ragnar on the battlefield, the cinematography was much better.

Rollo and Ragnar were amazing from the start. I really don't like the actor they put in for Ragnar in Last Kingdom.

Also Floki was my favorite character, Lagertha, Bjorn. Feels like there is much more star presence in Vikings. Would you agree?

And Athelstan was a pretty epic character too. How do TLK characters compare to them?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed May 20, 2020 6:48 pm

I think only Uhtred and Alfred come close to measuring up. TLK has a lot of good characters, but they not as epic as the ones from Vikings.

Part of it is that TLK leans a lot more into the historical aspect of the time whereas Vikings put more emphasis on the mythical status of the characters.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 20, 2020 8:27 pm

To an extent. Some of the characters within TLK lived 200 years apart. Both shows took a lot of liberties with history.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed May 20, 2020 9:23 pm

After reading about it on here, I decided to watch the IT crowd, starting with season 1. Some episodes have been good, particularly the handicap toilet one. Now I’ve gotten to an episode where Maurice «Moss» thinks he’s going to a german cooking course, but instead ends up in the apartment of a german guy named Johan, who appears to be a cannibal looking for people he can cook and eat through poorly worded advertisements.

Now, the show aired during the early 00s, so I’m going to assume this episode isn’t based on the german guy who actually invited someone through the deep web to cook and eat them. I remember watching a documentary on it, more than a decade ago. If it is based on that, then this is an incredibly edgy episode. If not, then wow, how the hell did they get such an unlikely, unintentional prediction right? All I could think about when I saw it was «this is really messed up» Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu May 21, 2020 4:17 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:To an extent. Some of the characters within TLK lived 200 years apart. Both shows took a lot of liberties with history.

Well, Vikings is not a documentary though, it was on the History channel admittedly but it's a drama nonetheless so I'm expecting epic characters and a cool story, not just a depiction of how they lived.

I think both shows are appealing in their own way. I just prefer the more dramatic way is all
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 21, 2020 5:26 am

Thimmy wrote:After reading about it on here, I decided to watch the IT crowd, starting with season 1. Some episodes have been good, particularly the handicap toilet one. Now I’ve gotten to an episode where Maurice «Moss» thinks he’s going to a german cooking course, but instead ends up in the apartment of a german guy named Johan, who appears to be a cannibal looking for people he can cook and eat through poorly worded advertisements.

Now, the show aired during the early 00s, so I’m going to assume this episode isn’t based on the german guy who actually invited someone through the deep web to cook and eat them. I remember watching a documentary on it, more than a decade ago. If it is based on that, then this is an incredibly edgy episode. If not, then wow, how the hell did they get such an unlikely, unintentional prediction right? All I could think about when I saw it was «this is really messed up» Razz

Nah the  "cannibal of Rothenburg" case was 2001, the show started 5 years later apparently.
The guy also worked as an IT technician Laughing
So, not a prediction, but good use of history as source material.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 21, 2020 6:47 am

Thimmy wrote:After reading about it on here, I decided to watch the IT crowd, starting with season 1. Some episodes have been good, particularly the handicap toilet one. Now I’ve gotten to an episode where Maurice «Moss» thinks he’s going to a german cooking course, but instead ends up in the apartment of a german guy named Johan, who appears to be a cannibal looking for people he can cook and eat through poorly worded advertisements.

The show starts getting really good in the latter seasons. Season 1 like a lot of shows it was searching around for its own distinct voice and tone. S2E1 is one of my favorites episodes ever in comedy.

Try Peep Show after you finish it.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu May 21, 2020 8:25 am

I've learned not to judge any series by season 1 tbh. TV shows are like books. It takes a little bit of time to set things up and get to the good stuff.

My gf and I have been rewatching "Our Planet", and I forgot how good the series is. And also how it's so beautiful, but also depressing Sad
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 21, 2020 9:18 am

Yeah, I’m on season 4 now, I’ve been binge watching it since yesterday. I’m not one to get hysterical about these things, but that cannibal episode was certainly edgy. Somehow, I doubt they’d get away with using such source material today Razz I’ll check out Peep Show after I’m done with it. Thanks, M99.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 21, 2020 6:10 pm

Anyone on Defending Jacob?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu May 21, 2020 6:17 pm

RealGunner wrote:Anyone on Defending Jacob?

Hasn't gotten the best of reviews, sadly. If the finale is well received I’ll watch it since I love Michelle Dockery
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun May 24, 2020 5:03 pm

Netflix Italy hasn't Dark on its June offer, so I imagine no Dark in this month for no-one.
Everyone expected for 30 June

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 24, 2020 7:28 pm

Avatar Last Airbender comes to Netflix NA and becomes the most streamed show on the platform. I think we will get another series from the creators. Probably after the live action is done.

Also Community film is definitely happening on Netflix
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue May 26, 2020 4:54 am

best show on tv is back ffs :bow:

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 27, 2020 11:04 am

M99 wrote:Avatar Last Airbender comes to Netflix NA and becomes the most streamed show on the platform. I think we will get another series from the creators. Probably after the live action is done.

What makes you say Community as a film is definitely happening?

As for ALA, not surprising. Show is amazing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed May 27, 2020 12:28 pm

I watched The Last Kingdom from the get go before it become popular. first 2 seasons are good; 3 was bad, 4 is trash Not sure I will finish this season.

I feel this story is long completed; he got revenge for his Viking family, went back to Babbenburg, no longer bound to King Alfred oath. All the plot lines that stringed the story along is completed.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed May 27, 2020 12:35 pm

Thanks for the spoilers Laughing

I guess Im not watching the last kingdom
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 27, 2020 12:47 pm

CBarca wrote:
M99 wrote:Avatar Last Airbender comes to Netflix NA and becomes the most streamed show on the platform. I think we will get another series from the creators. Probably after the live action is done.

What makes you say Community as a film is definitely happening?

As for ALA, not surprising. Show is amazing

Alison Brie heavily hinted at it during an AMA.

The show debuting on Netflix, Joel mchale doing stuff for Netflix, the cast reunion video, Donald Glover said he will definitely return for the movie if it happens.

All of this happened in the space of a few weeks, it leads me to believe the movie will definitely happen and it will probably be on netflix.

Will be surreal to have the six seasons and a movie come true. I remember searching "community" in torrent sites during high school and mostly getting community college porn links.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 38 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 38  Next