Glory
Lucifer
Nishankly
CBarca
sportsczy
86 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 33 Empty Re: The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:29 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Any news?

Reports from yesterday suggested it was a done deal and it would be made official today. But for the life of me I can't find anything new.
PSG are probably trying to figure out who to sign before things get announced

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 33 Empty Re: The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:02 pm

According to Le Parisien, the second offer has been rejected:
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:04 pm

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:07 pm

Lol, the statement is from Leonardo!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:11 pm

FFS uncle Flo just go all in for Haaland. Even more incentive to have Mbappé join Madrid next season to unite with his Norwegian pen pal.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:16 pm

danyjr wrote:FFS uncle Flo just go all in for Haaland. Even more incentive to have Mbappé join Madrid next season to unite with his Norwegian pen pal.

It seems like the logical thing to me too, but I guess Florentino is thinking more about the marketability of the player and how much time it would take him to recoup the transfer fee through image rights and shirt sales. In that department, Mbappe blows Haaland out of the water.

That and maybe he knows that there will definitely be a dog fight over him next year and he wants to avoid that. Then again, clubs will also be killing each other for Haaland next year as well.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:46 pm

It’s the other way around, Mbappe is the bait for Haaland. The bidding war to sign Haaland next summer will be legendary, I am fairly certain that these clubs will be involved: Man United, Man City, Liverpool, Bayern, Barca (maybe), Real, PSG, Juve. In this kind of war for a player, you just never know what can happen, specially when clubs might throw money to Raiola and the player’s dad. Not to mention it might drag all summer.

This is why you get Mbappe now, it would be extremely hard to chase both at the same time when every other clubs in Europe is making a pitch as well. And worst case scenario you end up with neither lol.

Mbappe gives you that advantage that you can sell to Haaland and since you only have one player to put most of your attention on, it makes it easier
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:26 pm

Well the situation hasn't changed from 2 days ago lol. Madrid made an offer, PSG didn't refuse it, they're negotiating.... these things don't get done overnight.

I'm also assuming that PSG wants to get another deal in place before this one gets done. Icardi is out for weeks and they don't have anyone other than Mbappe who can play as a central striker.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:54 pm

Clutch wrote:Anyone else think its crazy as hell to leave an opportunity to play with Messi? Like who would actually turn that down? If I were a midfielder or defender I'd understand because that's way more work for you but as a forward???

Someone who has a more ambition to be 2nd fiddle to a half retired Messi.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:00 pm

Just give Real one of the two for the love of football. Perez and those fucks will atleast shut up about the ESL for another couple of years.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:04 pm

Mbappe in the starting 11 today.

This transfer isn't going to happen imo unless Madrid offer 220 mil.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:17 pm

They are trying to bully him into exrending like they did with Veratti and Neymar. Shame. But he's their player and we should respect that.

All young players should beware though before touching down in his majesty's pleasure and insert and a buyout into the contract like DeLight demanded
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:19 pm

Buyouts are illegal in France.

Also, there's no bullying.  They want him to play out his contract.  And Mbappe himself has said he's perfectly happy to play out the contract.  That's what a contract is there for.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:28 pm

PSG didn't sign De Ligt because his agent demanded an exit clause be inserted into his contract

PSG refused to agree to player's terms due to 'a matter of ethics and respect', report RMC.

The €150m exit clause was deemed unreasonable, with a source at the club saying: "When you've just arrived, to already be wanting things to leave, it's not classy."

They are from what i understand officially not legal but can be had with a private agreement

That's what everyone should do before they go there

Mbappe has been very professional in all of this and I respect him from that but imagine not accenting 180ME for a player in his last year just because you want to spite the buyer

True we could sign a pre contract in January which would be preferable but are they willing to risk it with the constant pressure that'll bring to their team. Imagine being asked every press conference about every situation that'll be microanalysed from now till the end of the season
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:49 pm

Could you give me a source for that quote? Looks like bs to me.

Anyhow, buyout clauses are illegal and, hence, unenforceable if signed.

The "private agreements" mean a handshake.  But you can't enforce that handshake legally so it means nothing if either party decides they don't want to abide by it.

re: Neymar and Verratti. They had just signed huge contracts with multiple years left. PSG absolutely hates Barcelona... so if it was any other club, it may have happened. But Barcelona was asking publicly that Verratti and Neymar rebel against PSG. So PSG told them to f off and rightly so.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:58 pm

the first and the last match of NMM? all three are in the starting lineup

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:08 pm

sportsczy wrote:Could you give me a source for that quote? Looks like bs to me.

Anyhow, buyout clauses are illegal and, hence, unenforceable if signed.

The "private agreements" mean a handshake.  But you can't enforce that handshake legally so it means nothing if either party decides they don't want to abide by it.

I am not familiar with how things work in France. But from what I've been reading there is some sort of loophole in that law which allows teams/players to bypass it

The original source to the quote is this I believe:

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/transferts/mercato-le-psg-ne-veut-pas-ceder-a-toutes-les-demandes-de-de-ligt_AV-201906270291.html

In there they state that DeLigt demanded two clauses be inserted into his contract. One was the release clause and the other was a clause that allowed him to leave in the first season if hedidn't like the league. There were reports that PSG found this disrespectful as they only wanted players who were comitted to their project and hence they stepped away from the negotiations table

According to other reports Mbappe and PSG have this so called "handshake agreement" and what good has that done as PSG are acting like teenagers during the negotiations. They are following exactly the same tactics they did with Neymar, only this time like you said the player is on his last year.

I mean which sane club refuses a handsome sum of money for a player in his last year?
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:32 pm

That's an interesting article.  It says that De Ligt asked for a 150 mil exit clause, which is illegal... and a clause allowing him to leave if "he didn't like Ligue 1" lol.  Basically, some weird stuff leading PSG, for ethical reasons (meaning, so they don't break the law for one), declined.

The handshake agreement you're talking about was for 250 million per rumors.  The alleged (nobody knows for sure) handshake agreement with PSG and Mbappe was that they'd allow him to leave after 3 years if a club of his choosing offered at least 250 million (they paid 180 million for him).  No offers last summer due to COVID19 (3 years had past) and Madrid is offering 180 mil this summer.  

That's why Mbappe isn't bothered. No agreements, handshake (which i think are bs rumors btw) or otherwise.

These handshake agreements are informal btw.  If a player depends on them, he's really risking things.  Again, they're illegal.  It's not a legal loophole.  You're just betting that the person you're dealing with will hold up to the handshake.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:54 pm

Transfer or no... Mbappe is handling things like a true pro on the pitch. Came back to PSG camp early, in shape and ready to play the entire season. He's played every game and been effective in all of them while playing 95% of the minutes.

Even today, gave 110% and scored 2 goals.

Consummate professional.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:42 am

Really just wish he and Messi will stay together as long as possible since its just so exciting to see him play together. That 25mins or so was something so enjoyable of cos due to the hype, but watching Barca has become much less enjoyable so hopefully PSG will make up for it Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:06 am

Yes, I think Mbappe has handled this impeccably. Very very mature for his age. Elsewhere you have guys like Kane refusing to even come back from holiday nevermind start training as soon as a club put in a bid for them despite having a long term contract signed by themselves
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:25 am

Marca is saying that Madrid's second offer is not enough for PSG and that Mbappé will most likely stay put if Madrid don't increase their offer.

I have to admit, I didn't really want Madrid to sign Mbappé for 180m with just one year left on his contract. And of course nobody can blame PSG for holding on to him and trying to convince him to change his mind and renew. But for a split second there, I loved the fact that Madrid was able to come up with such an offer.

It's been a long time since I last saw Madrid act this way. In recent years, all we have done is go after unproven talent and 40m prospects. It was a nice feeling to see Madrid finally act like a dick-swinging, Galactico-assembling big club for a change...even if it's just temporarily and unsuccessfully.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:33 am

Now PSG will win CL with Lessi and Mbappe will renew Molenation
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:34 am

Messi is a CL flop. I am not worried
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:43 am

Myesyats wrote:Now PSG will win CL with Lessi and Mbappe will renew Molenation
Can't Madrid make a move for him in January? That is before CL will reach any conclusions and works rather nicely for Madrid (unless they are already out of CL by then Laughing).
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:44 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Messi is a CL flop. I am not worried
The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 33 7K597EX
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next