Lex
RealGunner
BarrileteCosmico
Harmonica
Hapless_Hans
76 posters

Page 12 of 38 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 38  Next

Go down

Pogba is the worst 120m € player out there - Page 12 Empty Re: Pogba is the worst 120m € player out there

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:18 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Of course Raiola is out offering players, that's his job, doesn't mean the players themselves asked for it or that they're desperate to move out. It could easily be ploy for a higher salary (and commission for Raiola).

Agents can't offer their players to other clubs without the consent of their clients. If Raiola truly offered Pogba to City, it's because Pogba asked and greenlighted the move.

The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Pogba is the worst 120m € player out there - Page 12 Empty Re: Pogba is the worst 120m € player out there

Post by Unique Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm

Luca wrote:But do you think its coincidence that the timeline coincides with Sanchez signing the most ludicrous contract of all time?

Raiola is not a stupid man, he's a greedy pos you want to stay away from your team's players, but a stupid man he is not
no. but i also think jogba would join city in a heart beat if he could. he is finished at man u imo
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:28 pm

when he had the chance he shoulda joined us, would be a multiple CL champ now, his loss
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:37 pm

Unique wrote:
Luca wrote:But do you think its coincidence that the timeline coincides with Sanchez signing the most ludicrous contract of all time?

Raiola is not a stupid man, he's a greedy pos you want to stay away from your team's players, but a stupid man he is not
no. but i also think jogba would join city in a heart beat if he could. he is finished at man u imo

Is it though? I think he genuinely does not get on with Mourinho but he did want Manchester United, he left a pretty decent club and situation to go there and he's getting paid

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:38 pm

He thought his marketing hype and the fact that he'd be the main man at United would take him closer to Ballon d'or lol. At Madrid he would have never stood a chance for obvious reasons.

He basically sacrificed important trophies for money/hype and individual glory. And now he rightfully regrets it.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:41 pm

looking like he's gonna have won 4 trophies in 2 seasons and paid way more than Madrid can afford, highly doubt he regrets it tbh :coffee:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:08 pm

Luca wrote:
Unique wrote:

Is it though? I think he genuinely does not get on with Mourinho but he did want Manchester United, he left a pretty decent club and situation to go there and he's getting paid
tbh getting paid is why i think he went to man u.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:12 pm

players like Pogba or even Dembele are the reasons why the market will auto correct at some point. Signing 100 mil players is not a guarantee for success, the more money you pay =/= your greater your chances for success. And obvioulsy, you have to carry out the financial commitment all the way to the end of their deals.

within the next 2 years, i think we will see less of those huge 150+ mil deals.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:14 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:players like Pogba or even Dembele are the reasons why the market will auto correct at some point. Signing 100 mil players is not a guarantee for success, the more money you pay =/= your greater your chances for success. And obvioulsy, you have to carry out the financial commitment all the way to the end of their deals.

i hope so or we will see players like lingard get sold for 40mil ffs
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:17 pm

Unique wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:players like Pogba or even Dembele are the reasons why the market will auto correct at some point. Signing 100 mil players is not a guarantee for success, the more money you pay =/= your greater your chances for success. And obvioulsy, you have to carry out the financial commitment all the way to the end of their deals.

i hope so or we will see players like Oxlade get sold for 40mil ffs

oh wait, we already did. IDK Nick, there are only a few of those deals being made already and only a few clubs can realistically do it...the ones that can don't give a shit, you think we care if Sanchez and Pogba are dead-weight flops lol?
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:19 pm

well that's normal the price of players is going to go up, nothing you can do about that.

It's those massive deals i dont think we will see a lot of soon. i mean, why spend 150 mil on Dembele when there are comparable talents in europe for much less.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:57 am

I think there should be a limited amount that you can pay for a single player. A salary cap like in the NBA could also perhaps be an useful thing to introduce because money is definitely going to ruin our beautiful game, same as everything else gets ruined by money at some point, not only sports.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:00 am

Myesyats wrote:I think there should be a limited amount that you can pay for a single player. A salary cap like in the NBA could also perhaps be an useful thing to introduce because money is definitely going to ruin our beautiful game, same as everything else gets ruined by money at some point, not only sports.

You make a good point, but there's something I disagree with you on: I'm not against dropping a quarter of a billion on a single player if the latter deserves it.

Bring me a 25-year old Ronaldo and I would break seven banks to sign him in a heartbeat. Same goes for Messi.

What I'm absolutely against is paying ridiculous fees for players who haven't done enough to justify those fees.

I don't care how high you rate Pogba, no matter how you flip it, he's not worth 120m. For that kind of money, I expect a world beater, a terrorizer, a Ballon d'Or winner, someone who can help you win many major trophies and stay at the very top of the elite ladder for many, many years.

Honest to god I'm not trying to take a dig at Pogba here. I have always thought he's criminally overrated, but his talent is undeniable. He can, under the right circumstances, blossom into a very good player. However, and this is just my opinion, in order for a player to justify a three-figure transfer fee he needs to be a generational talent of Ronaldo and Messi's caliber.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:02 am

Unique wrote:

Is it not possible that ManU throw out Mourinho this summer and keep Pogba?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:51 am

Manchester United will keep both, they will work it out and give themselves another chance to figure things out next summer.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:45 am

There is definitely going to be fall out between him and Mourinho soon enough. The way Jose talks about him in his post match interview. He really doesn't like him.

Implied he took him off today because he was ineffective and was about to get sent off.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:47 am

I think we could sell him this summer but realistically who can afford him? PSG in trouble with FFP so unless they want to trade for Neymar hmm

He was shit today and deserved to be taken off, although so did majority of the team

Agree he and Jose hate each other, wish we would send Mou packing instead but I know the club will side with him :facepalm:

Last edited by Firenze on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:48 am

He was about to get sent off though.. because he got a yellow early on trying to volleyball-slap a ball into goal like a *bleep* child. Then he made a couple of fouls so yes, a second yellow was near.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:50 am

Please send him back. We'll even give you ~30m or Sturaro for him.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:53 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Myesyats wrote:I think there should be a limited amount that you can pay for a single player. A salary cap like in the NBA could also perhaps be an useful thing to introduce because money is definitely going to ruin our beautiful game, same as everything else gets ruined by money at some point, not only sports.

You make a good point, but there's something I disagree with you on: I'm not against dropping a quarter of a billion on a single player if the latter deserves it.

Bring me a 25-year old Ronaldo and I would break seven banks to sign him in a heartbeat. Same goes for Messi.

What I'm absolutely against is paying ridiculous fees for players who haven't done enough to justify those fees.

I don't care how high you rate Pogba, no matter how you flip it, he's not worth 120m. For that kind of money, I expect a world beater, a terrorizer, a Ballon d'Or winner, someone who can help you win many major trophies and stay at the very top of the elite ladder for many, many years.

Honest to god I'm not trying to take a dig at Pogba here. I have always thought he's criminally overrated, but his talent is undeniable. He can, under the right circumstances, blossom into a very good player. However, and this is just my opinion, in order for a player to justify a three-figure transfer fee he needs to be a generational talent of Ronaldo and Messi's caliber.

LOL DoC. Don't let Sports (the main hype machine for anything French!) see your post. And you make the same comments re Mbappe. Yet Real Madrid is at fault for having a silly salary ladder in not signing either of these over hyped talents. I think we all can agree that they both are talents, but not worth the price tag nor the demanded salary.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:54 am

Regarding what RG said, I think the fallout has already happened and now they're merely waiting to see who has to leave first
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:57 am

told everyone from the start this guy was a jobber. people need to start listening to me more.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:58 am

Unique wrote:told everyone from the start this guy was a jobber. people need to start listening to me more.

so you were wrong and that proves ppl should listen to you more?

unique logic in a nutshell
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:59 am

You should be grateful noone is listening to you else your club would have fired Klopp long since and be fighting for EL spots with Burnley
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:59 am

Unique wrote:told everyone from the start this guy was a jobber. people need to start listening to me more.

What about Klopp ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:01 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:You should be grateful noone is listening to you else your club would have fired Klopp long since and be fighting for EL spots with Burnley
klopp has won nothing with liverpool you do know that right.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 38 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 38  Next