Robespierre
RealGunner
sportsczy
rincon
S
61 posters

Page 3 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next

Go down

The European Super League Megathread - Page 3 Empty Re: The European Super League Megathread

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:52 am

tbh warrior me too or better yet it would be better if teams like ajax or some teams from french leagues or even teams from serie a who are not part of this circus can get more UEFA CL actions because in the end - prestige > money and fans will choose UEFA CL anyday ahead of super league

Back to top Go down

The European Super League Megathread - Page 3 Empty Re: The European Super League Megathread

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:56 am

i still cant believe that top clubs wants to sign for super league because they guarantee "economic sustainability" ... and completely forgetting where they come from .... also the whole agenda to have very selective exclusivity only for top clubs who pretty much govern the competition is an insult to small clubs.

they forget that small clubs are directly responsible for where they are at now. eh... am still disgusted that milan also wants to be part of this ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:18 am

I am proud to announce that in the last breath of Bartomeu as Barca president, he has embraced the idea of a Super League :bow:

"Yesterday we accepted the requirement to participate in a future European Super League that will guarantee the economic sustainability of the club."

Single handedly ruined the club and all competition. Absolute legend Molenation
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:07 pm

Finally

The European Super League Megathread - Page 3 EkyD66xXEAEwTjZ?format=jpg&name=small
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:45 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/ceferin-takes-aim-at-perez-over-european-super-league-proposals/ar-BB1cgdwA
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:40 pm

The main exciting thing about CL is that these teams dont play on a daily basis. If that cuck Perez wants ESL to be the only competition RM plays in the future, then fuck him and fuck all those greedy fucks. Spanish leauge without RM makes no sense.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:51 pm

"Real Madrid and JP Morgan just now financed a debt for renovation of Bernabeu.

ESL will be financed by JP Morgan and Perez have excellent relations with the firm and all of the big clubs in Europe."

Always knew Real madrid would be the main driving force behind ruining the sport.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:42 pm

European Super League: Five English clubs sign up to breakaway league in challenge to UEFA plans

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/e397a5e0-a039-11eb-949b-ab1b919d4f89?shareToken=a36c3e63a34546dbe26cd05dbb50c05b

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:18 pm

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:51 pm

It's going to be this or UEFA's new Swiss-style system. More European games is pretty much locked in and the players are going to be wrecked.

What gets me if, none of this is based on sporting reasons at all. It's all money.

Super League is a closed shop. It exists purely to spin money.

New CL format wants four extra teams and plans to give those spots based on "historical merit", so it's a safety net for big clubs who have a poor year.

Arsenal and Spurs have never won the CL. Haven't won a league title in forever. Yet could be in this Super League because they're among the most valuable clubs in the world and have big fanbases. Just doesn't work, does it?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:48 pm

Why the fuck Gazidis signed us up on this? Bald fraud needs to fuck off for this

Anyways, there is no way this thing flies right? I mean, players play for the dream of CL, if clubs are barred from entering CL, i guarantee you, 80% of our squad would bounce.

Not just players, what about managers?

This is pure riot, it seems CEOs got together and had a wank-off, i mean why the fuck would i want to see Barca vs Real every week? Fucks sake, after that year where we had 30 classicos in the span of 10 days, im good for the remainder of my lifetime.

This shit even dilutes these matchups

Fuck Juve and fuck Agnelli, really hope we alide out of this
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:49 pm

Arsenal and Spurs have never won the CL. Haven't won a league title in forever. Yet could be in this Super League because they're among the most valuable clubs in the world and have big fanbases. Just doesn't work, does it?
well shit man, you won't hear me complaining :coffee:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:56 pm

Kaladin wrote:Why the fuck Gazidis signed us up on this? Bald fraud needs to fuck off for this

Anyways, there is no way this thing flies right? I mean, players play for the dream of CL, if clubs are barred from entering CL, i guarantee you, 80% of our squad would bounce.

Not just players, what about managers?

This is pure riot, it seems CEOs got together and had a wank-off, i mean why the fuck would i want to see Barca vs Real every week? Fucks sake, after that year where we had 30 classicos in the span of 10 days, im good for the remainder of my lifetime.

This shit even dilutes these matchups

Fuck Juve and fuck Agnelli, really hope we alide out of this

Calm down numpty

Milan have been on the super league bandwagon as much as Real, Barca, Juve and all other popular teams. With or without Gazidis, this was bound to happen.

UEFA depend on these big clubs than vice versa. It's these big football clubs that drive the revenues and viewership. A breakaway super league will draw way more viewership than a CL without these big clubs. I mean fucking EL has semi decent viewership because Man United play in it.

Club football is heading towards the direction of American sports. Its going to be a closed shop like the NBA, NFL etc. I dont like it but we're heading towards that direction it seems.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:58 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:04 pm

PL have said they won't give permission to the clubs to join the super league.

This is getting more and more messy.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:05 pm

Well that will put a stop to it. How would UEFA enforce the international ban for non-member states though?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:09 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:09 pm

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:15 pm

RealGunner wrote:

A bluff by UEFA that no one can believe, 0 chance that they ban europe's best clubs and players from all competitions. It would be suicide.

The super league was a bad idea 3 years ago when this thread was made and its still a bad idea. I like watching us play Genoa, Atalanta, Fiorentina, Sassuolo, etc. there is history and personality. Most of all there is sporting merit, not a closed system like in american sports. That if it must be a choice of domestic vs super league.

What is clear though is that something needs to change. The money gaps are growing bigger and bigger with globalization and clubs are running away from the competition.

Juventus and Bayern have 9 titles in a row. PSG has lost 1 title in 8 years since becoming QSG. Basically a decade of a single winner in 3 of the top 5 leagues. We have to go back 20 years to Valencia's win to find a Spanish champion outside the big 3, which is mostly a big 2.

Only the PL, with huge money from their TV rights distributed equally has gotten ahead of this problem.

Inevitable that there is a want for change from these clubs. A better way to do it would be for a tiered system with promotion and relegation, with no "founder" status that locks a big clubs in the league regardless of sporting merit.

Last edited by rincon on Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:16 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Well that will put a stop to it. How would UEFA enforce the international ban for non-member states though?

UEFA is never enforcing any of that. The PL has a better chance of stopping it imo.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:03 pm

RealGunner wrote:

ehh? how can they do that without FIFA
sounds like a bluff to me
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:13 pm

Hope the FA, LFP and Serie A authorities promptly kick these guys out and forfeit their remaining games
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:16 pm

Imagine if UEFA awards PSG the CL. Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:17 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Hope the FA, LFP and Serie A authorities promptly kick these guys out and forfeit their remaining games

They forfeit the matches and Inter doesn't get the scudetto after 10 years @Robespierre Proud
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:24 pm

El Gunner wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

ehh? how can they do that without FIFA
sounds like a bluff to me

Euros and UEFA Nations League are organized by UEFA
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:24 pm

well said

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next