Harmonica
windkick
Donuts
47 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 21 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by messixaviesta Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:49 pm

danyjr wrote:Meanwhile Matuidi joins Juventus for €20m...

I would have any day taken him over Paulinho ... and for half the price ... are you kidding me !!!

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:01 pm

windkick wrote:
Messi and Iniesta's contract both run out in 2018. I know Iniesta is being pretty public that he is gonna wait to see how he feels this season before he announces if he will extend a further season or not. But Messi has been stalling on signing a new contract for some time now, and I don't blame him. The board is running this club down, and he shouldn't waste possibly the tail end of his prime dragging this club up on his own. So yea, if I had to guess, I'd say both Messi and Iniesta leaves next summer.

1. I have not got to know that Iniesta has been offered a new deal. I am not even saying that he should be offered. If and when it's time to move on one should move on. What pains me very much is that in what is likely my favorite ever player's last season at Barcelona, he would have to preside over this utter mess and possible disaster of a season coming up in his capacity as team captain. Sad Xavi ended his Barca career with a UCL trophy. Will Iniesta end his by not qualifying for the UCL? Currently we are just completely Messi dependent. If for some reason he is not available for a considerable length of time we are likely to fall short of even a UCL qualification. How could it come to all this for what was just a few years back arguably the greatest ever football team???

2. Messi's case is perplexing me. I just cannot buy any of the excuses that the Barca board members are making about why the contract has not been signed yet. Why did Messi agree to a new contract? Maybe that was because this happened before the exit of Neymar and the entry of Paulinho. Maybe Messi really had no idea that Neymar could leave. How long ago has this information become public that Leo Freaking Messi is potentially available for E250m? If it has then how come the financial big wigs have not started hounding us yet? Maybe Messi is too classy a guy to leave the club towards the end of the transfer window and well and truly screw the season to utter hopelessness. Then maybe as you say he could leave next summer unless things change a lot for the better. Then again what if none other than Pep Guardiola calls him right now itself?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:07 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:
danyjr wrote:I don't agree this Real Madrid is better than the Galácticos. They don't play anywhere as gracefully as they did 18 years ago. Their coach has cautious approach to the game, which I presume he gained from his playing days in Italy. No way I would compare them to galácticos or Pep's Barcelona. But they are a team built to win, and the results speak for themselves.

Thumbs up

I would have loved to say that they are not much more than a competent above average team that just happens to be the best in the world in a very poor footballing era but their results have been excellent and at the end of the day results count much more than your or my opinion.

Really depends what one prefers, to watch beauty football so called without winning much like the Galatico days, or the team now. I much prefer this current team because its got balls and balance, essential in winning. Pretty sure it was as much frustration as it was pleasure watching the Galaticos.

I am not even thinking of the Galacticos. At least three teams this century should for me comfortably be rated higher, maybe more - Pep's Barcelona, Heynckes' Bayern and Ancelotti's Milan.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:59 pm

windkick wrote:

Excellent video. So many things to say. Will do so in point form.

1. If I could have the money back from the purchase of most of these players I am fine with playing academy players instead of them this season, even sub-par ones and that too even if it means a worse season in the end.

2. It used to be a dream for so many players to play for Barca. By opening the gates for utter mediocrity and welcoming them with garlands, this board has seriously damaged the prestige of the Barca shirt.

3. It's not the exit of Neymar that annoys me so much. It's not something I blame the board that much for. If he wanted to leave it was good to let him go. It's about all that has happened around it. If they knew he was leaving why did they wait till mid-August to sign replacements when clubs would be most reluctant to sell? Most of all though it's the ease with which they are allowing more and more mediocrity to enter from outside is what is annoying me most. If a La Masia player is mediocre and is given a few chances that is acceptable but signings must be world class and/or very much the need of the hour. We have purchased too many mediocre players who offer us pretty much nothing in the last few summers.

4. Its said that Bartomeu is a stooge of Rosell. I would go so far as to say Bartomeu is a lot worse.  I can't help feeling that if nothing else works this guy should be removed from office with the use of force. Every single day that he continues to hold that position we sink lower.

5. Luis Enrique was supposed to have deviated from the Barca style and made the team more direct. After him we needed a coach who could recover the traditional Barca way of playing as far as possible. Instead I hear in the media that Valverde wants to make the team more aggressive. It is also possible that the signing of Paulinho has been driven by him. All this leaves me with a very bad feeling about our current coach. I have said before that I see him as a David Moyes type and most probably I will be proved right without deriving any joy from it.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:22 am

Rumors are surfacing that PSG is close to signing Kylian Mbappe. If there is even a grain of truth in this, how about we spend most of the Neymar money and hijack this deal? Surely Monaco would prefer to sell to us than to PSG. It would be a nice answer from us to PSG as well.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:56 am

I don't think you should make this personal. The main question you should as is whether you need Mbappé or not. In my opinion, the answer is no considering you need a creative winger rather than a striker.

And while we're talking about Monaco players, why not consider signing Moutinho instead of Coutinho?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:23 am

Looks like barca quit on Dembele and Coutinho and now focusin on Seri and Di Maria.

If they come considerably cheaper, I am all in, especially for Seri news!
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:54 pm

PSG will never do business with barca if it's not raping them.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:14 pm

danyjr wrote:I don't think you should make this personal. The main question you should as is whether you need Mbappé or not. In my opinion, the answer is no considering you need a creative winger rather than a striker.

My comment was mostly tongue in cheek but we need to buy at least one star name to lift the atmosphere. Let's stop wasting time going after players whose clubs clearly do not want to sell. Also Mbappe is supposed to be similar to Thierry Henry who had an excellent 2008-09 season with us. At such a young age Mbappe may be somewhat adaptable.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:11 pm

danyjr wrote:
And while we're talking about Monaco players, why not consider signing Moutinho instead of Coutinho?

First return Paulinho and get me E40m back. Then we will talk. Evil or Very Mad

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:25 pm

Moutinho is done. He's not even a regular at Monaco.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:36 pm

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:50 pm

Liverpool would be stupid to reject a £118m offer for Coutinho. They probably could easily replace him with half of the money
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:03 pm

Nvm wrong section

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:09 pm

We're not after Mane tho
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:30 pm

You actually should have gone for Mane. Proper replacement as a LW.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:31 pm

Myesyats wrote:Liverpool would be stupid to reject a £118m offer for Coutinho. They probably could easily replace him with half of the money

It's already been rejected, LFC took 38 minutes I think. Barcelona has come back and asked LFC to change its mind.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:14 pm

What about £118+André Gomes+Deulofeu+Vermaelen? Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:00 pm

Think Barcelona needs to stop *bleep* around and make a bid where they pay everything upfront. 82m+30m add ons lmao who are you kidding.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:39 pm

Seri's move to Barça is edging closer. Club will trigger his 40m release clause tomorrow. His arrival won't affect pursuit of Coutinho. [md]

hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:05 pm

Anyone watched this guy much? Whats he like? Any optimism hes actually good enough for us in terms of better than our squad players we already have?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:41 pm

Myesyats wrote:Seri's move to Barça is edging closer. Club will trigger his 40m release clause tomorrow. His arrival won't affect pursuit of Coutinho. [md]

hmm

Then why the hell did we spend the same amount on Paulinho ???

Brains are conspicuous by their absence in our current board. Mad

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:34 am

messixaviesta wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Seri's move to Barça is edging closer. Club will trigger his 40m release clause tomorrow. His arrival won't affect pursuit of Coutinho. [md]

hmm

Then why the hell did we spend the same amount on Paulinho ???

Brains are conspicuous by their absence in our current board. Mad

How much of Paulinho have you seen over the last few years? And even if you have seen him play regularly, how can you really determine how bad (or good) he can be for Barcelona? The board isn't the only one devoid of brains tbh.

Also, your post from the 18th makes my skin crawl. You have to wake up and confront reality. And what is this traditional way of playing you talk about? I assume you are talking about what Johan and Pep brought the club, but that is hardly what you could call traditional. It's not like this club was established in '88. There is no going back to Barcelona's best days under Pep. As a Cruijffista at heart, it saddens me. However, we do not have the personnel to play like that (not to mention at the level we all want to see). And you know what? You adapt your system to the players at your disposal, not the other way around. Luis Enrique understood this, Valverde apparently does. Pep also knows this btw, hence the differences at Bayern and City. So why don't you start with understanding it instead of living in your pipedream?

I wonder if you'd actually be able to form a response in which you'd be able to convince me why you feel this team would be able to play like you want them to. Including a formation, defined roles for the players at hand etc. I'd love to see that tbh, but I reckon I will be disappointed by jou. The ball is in your court.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:57 am

Lmao dude. Paulinho is not Barcelona material. I've seen enough of him at Tottenham to know that. Ask @Cbarca. He wasn't even good enough for them and got benched by bentaleb, and bentaleb is not Barca material.

Your whole clubs success was built on that philosophy buddy. Now I'm not saying munir, Sandro, and rafinha are world beaters but you're telling me Paulinho and paco alcacer are. La masia is the face of Barca for a reason, maybe if you gave the kids a chance to grow they could've been pretty damn good.

Come on man, I'm a Madrid fan but the truth is pretty obvious, your board is run by idiots
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:27 am

FennecFox7 wrote:Lmao dude. Paulinho is not Barcelona material. I've seen enough of him at Tottenham to know that. Ask @Cbarca. He wasn't even good enough for them and got benched by bentaleb, and bentaleb is not Barca material.

Your whole clubs success was built on that philosophy buddy. Now I'm not saying munir, Sandro, and rafinha are world beaters but you're telling me Paulinho and paco alcacer are. La masia is the face of Barca for a reason, maybe if you gave the kids a chance to grow they could've been pretty damn good.

Come on man, I'm a Madrid fan but the truth is pretty obvious, your board is run by idiots

:bow::bow::bow:

True to the point. Although I hope we are wrong about Paulinho since he is here and all that!
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:23 pm

@Myesats You're favorite news source.

Barcelona have deemed a transfer for Coutinho as 'impossible' and have no moved on to Àngel Di María. [RAC1]
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next